Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Maana Safar Hai Muskil - Jwala Dahej Ki uploaded

, "A" Grade(Guys) Song

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
> Maana Safar Hai Muskil - Jwala Dahej Ki uploaded, "A" Grade(Guys) Song
jayant
post Jul 14 2004, 09:29 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi guys,
Here is the so called "A" guys song which is uploaded for u all.In some other friend's words its a "rare gem"(this word I hate).
Only request is after uploading u convert the file into 128 or 192kbps for better result.Due to connection problem I had 2 compress it further.

Regards,
True Bandhu
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jayant
post Jul 15 2004, 04:16 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

QUOTE (anurag @ Jul 15 2004, 03:39 PM)
QUOTE (jayant @ Jul 15 2004, 12:31 PM)
hmmm interesting.
so FLAC is another type of compressing audio files like MP3?Right anu?
Now i went to their download page and saw a link FLAC1.1.0. for Windows with installer.I have windows xp as os.So will i download it from here only?Please revert.
Also it says its almost lossless.Have u used it?
jayant

Jayant jee

This is the home page of FLAC: http://flac.sourceforge.net/ (most of your questions are answered here)

Ans to Q#1
FLAC is another technique for compressing audio files - but not like mp3. Without going into too much detail, let me say this:

mp3 is a lossy algorithm in which not only redundancy is thrown away but also some signal is thrown away which is considered imperceptible or indistinguishable to human ears.

FLAC is like your winrar or winzip in which compression is completely lossless - imagine if your bank account details in a word file were compressed in a lossy way - uncompressing it would probably throw away your deposits - not something that you'd want. biggrin.gif

But you can afford to do the same with music, a cymbal here or a drum there in transition missing is n't that big a deal especially if you were not going to be hear it all that well unless of course you happened to be a frequency spectrum analyzer. mp3 takes advantage of the same.

So, for all practical purposes, mp3 at high bit rates are good enough - to me, at least. But as these days photography hobbysts want the ability to save their photos in raw format, some audiophiles or archivers want the ability to keep their music in lossless format and FLAC is one choice for that.

Ans to Q#2

The installer is for windows so it should work on all windows OS - including xp. Usually if the software is meant for only a particular verison, then they'd say so otherwise you can safely assume that they are for all versions of windows.

on the same page, read in Extra section:

GUI encoding/decoding front-ends:

Windows
dBpowerAMP, a swiss army knife that can convert and play many formats, including FLAC.

More: Go here for a compariosn of various lossless algos: http://members.home.nl/w.speek/comparison.htm

Phew! that was long. HTH.

anurag
PS: May be this should be copied/moved to Technology section.

anu,
please check up techniology section.
jayant
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jayant   Maana Safar Hai Muskil - Jwala Dahej Ki uploaded   Jul 14 2004, 09:29 PM
Bawra Jay   FYI : Re-converting from lower bitrate to 128 or...   Jul 14 2004, 10:30 PM
rahulgopaljoshi   BTW, how do you convert into 128 bps or 192 bp...   Jul 14 2004, 10:49 PM
Marcilo   FYI : Re-converting from lower bitrate to 128 or ...   Jul 15 2004, 04:15 AM
jayant   FYI : Re-converting from lower bitrate to 128 or ...   Jul 15 2004, 09:19 AM
Bawra Jay   you should try.....to make a habbit of 96kbps... s...   Jul 15 2004, 09:38 AM
jayant   are baiju saab, ap ka joke samkha nehi hum.... n...   Jul 15 2004, 09:50 AM
sr4579   I bet those "rare gems" dudes are the fi...   Jul 15 2004, 09:55 AM
jayant   they already possess a huge reportoire which r e...   Jul 15 2004, 10:20 AM
anurag   are baiju saab, ap ka joke samkha nehi hum.... [...   Jul 15 2004, 10:30 AM
jayant   are baiju saab, ap ka joke samkha nehi hum.... ...   Jul 15 2004, 10:40 AM
Bawra Jay   All said true.. Lekin lakh dollar ki baat bhool ...   Jul 15 2004, 10:43 AM
jayant   All said true.. Lekin lakh dollar ki baat bhool g...   Jul 15 2004, 10:47 AM
anurag   All said true.. Lekin lakh dollar ki baat bhool g...   Jul 15 2004, 11:02 AM
jayant   All said true.. Lekin lakh dollar ki baat bhool g...   Jul 15 2004, 11:45 AM
anurag   Jayant, probably you did not notice - on that pag...   Jul 15 2004, 12:24 PM
jayant   Jayant, probably you did not notice - on that pag...   Jul 15 2004, 12:31 PM
anurag   Jayant jee This is the home page of FLAC: http:...   Jul 15 2004, 03:39 PM
jayant   Jayant jee This is the home page of FLAC: http:...   Jul 15 2004, 04:16 PM
Bawra Jay   Jayant started this thread... so I guess he can ...   Jul 15 2004, 06:56 PM
jayant   shifting the entire thread will b difficult as the...   Jul 15 2004, 07:24 PM
zafar   kindly tell me from where i download that song. ma...   Sep 3 2007, 02:00 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 11:26 AM