Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Interview Sunidhi Chauhan

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Interview Sunidhi Chauhan
friend4u
post Jun 11 2005, 01:38 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2278

Sunidhi - Basking in Glory at 21

Printer friendly page

The little girl wearing a frill frock, walked to the dais in a confident way, sang to the heart’s content of all those present and walked back with the trophy. The resonance in her voice made everyone present in the auditorium to vote for her and she even met the legend, Lata Mangeshkar. This is Sunidhi for you, the current singing sensation of India who is all of 21 years.

Her parents noticed her talent at a very early age. She used to grasp and repeat the complex classical tunes with no mistake at all which made her parents to shift from Delhi to Mumbai to provide her with a nice platform to learn music. In Mumbai, Sunidhi took part in Kalyanji Little Wonders troupe giving stage shows.

Her first opportunity to showcase her talent came through ‘Meri Awaz Suno’ contest. She went on to win the finals convincingly and got a chance to sing for HMV, but it did not gave her much mileage.

She first recorded a song for the film ‘Shastra’, for which she sang the racy number Ladki deewani dekho. Her big break came after a few smaller assignments, when she was recommended to composer Sandeep Chowta for Ram Gopal Verma’s Mast. The three songs that she recorded for the film created quite a stir on the film music scene and offers began to come her way. From then on, no body could stop this young and beautiful girl to achieve success after success.

We caught her just after a day she came back from Paris.

Excerpts from the Interview:

Hi Sunidhi, How’s life?

Hi, Poocho Math. You know that I went to Paris and came back only yesterday and more importantly, Richard Clayderman, the renowned pianist is using the title track of ‘Uff Kya Jadoo Mohabbat Hai’ sung by me in his personal album. These days, you believe it or not, I record as many as four songs per day, which is very hectic to me, but I love it.

Could we ask about your marriage with Bobby Khan, if you don’t mind?

Please never do that. I have completely forgotten that sad phase of my life. That marriage made everybody’s life miserable. My parents were greatly hurt. After a while, we decided, we could not leave together and we separated. I was living with Annu Kapoor Ji who treats me like his own daughter. Now everything is Okay and I am back to my parents. And that’s all about that, pleaseeee.

What are your immediate plans?

There is only plan, to go on singing. I have already crossed 2,000 and I would like to go for 20,000 or more. My career is just beginning and I want to sing forever. By god’s grace, I am singing in Richard’s international album. I am not averse to marriage and may think of it after sometime.

What is your opinion on other playback signers of today?

I do not want to comment on anybody or pass remarks. All I wish to say is the golden era of Lataji and Ashaji were over when Alkaji and Kavithaji came to the limelight. I regard Alkaji as the best as she is in industry for more than 25 years and I guess she will go strong for another decade. I also respect Shreya for her talents and her nice songs. We both are kids in front of Alkaji. I am happy to have my own domain in the music scene. You are recognized by the people, you are invited everywhere. What else you want? No more questions please.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
iiluu
post Apr 3 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3076

Hi Miss Sunidhi ..is it possible for any india to move forward than britney....i think its possible just we indian /u have to sing in English..Best of luck for u.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:23 PM