Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mehmood's entry into filmland
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pradeep

Kamall any idea when Mehmood came into movies?????? I saw shots of choti behena (balraj sahni)(1959) on star gold and mehmood loox so young and chubby!!!!!!!!!
hehehe smile.gif

Hi Nimii,

I am not sure about Mehmood's entry, but I think must be around 1953. May be one of the following ones ?

Shamsheer (BW, Action) - 1953
Produced by Sargam Pictures, Directed by Gyan Mukerjee, Music by Arun Kumar
Starring Ashok Kumar, Bhanumati, Bhagwan etc.

Naukari (BW, Comedy) - 1954
Produced & Directed by Bimal Roy with music by Salil Chaudhary and
starring Kishore Kumar, Sheila Ramani, Kanhaiyalal, Noor, Achla Sachdev,
Iftikhar, Jagdip etc.

Re,
Kamall

Thanks Kamall - I really didnt have an idea that Mehmood hit the movies so early!!!!!!!!!! He really has been in the filmland for a real long time!!!!!!!!

We shld someday work on the brilliant performances he has given us in so many movies smile.gif)

Regards,
N smile.gif

As per the film database, "Mehmood" ( I don't know whether it is the same person) first came in a movie called Kurukshetra (1943) and then.. sindoor (1946) and so on...

Pradeep

Hi Pradeep, it is one Mahmad in the film Kurukshetra and the year is 1945.

Re : Sindoor, yes there is one entry of "Mehmood" but again I am not sure that he is the same one, if he is the one, then he must be really young then, but this movie is in the year 1947.

It is quite possible since his father was the famous Dancer Mumtaz Ali and his sister Meenu Mumtaz was famous too and I think, she came before him.

Let's see if someone has correct information.

Re,
Kamall

Hi Kamall.. Thanks for the info. "Meenu Mamtaz" is she the one from Dholak
and Ek Thi Ladki?

Pradeep
Chitralekha
One of his early movies that I've watched is "Saanjh Aur Savera". Havent got a chance to watch any earlier ones than that. He looked very handsome. And of course a couple of recent ones I've watched are "Chitralekha", "Neela Aakash". In the latter one he looks quite funny with curly hairdo. laugh.gif My fav til date is "Padosan".

What are all the songs picturized on Mehmood? Would love to see whose voice was used for him most of the times. I'll start the list -

1) pyaar ka le kar udan khatola, Tumse Achcha Kaun Hai
2) aao aao saanvariya, Padosan
3) yek chatur naar, Padosan
4) ajhun na aaye baalma, Saanjh Aur Savera
5) ...

Please add more.

What was the movie where Mehmood plays a single dad and has a little girl? I found that movie very sad but cant recall the name now. He played the main character in the movie.

Thanks & regards,
Chitralekha
Pradeep
Few songs of Rafi Sahab over mehmood that I can think of now is..
  • Pyar Voh Shay Hai from Neela Aakash
  • Mariz-e-ishq Hoon Ay Jaane Man from Bin Badal Barsaat
  • Bakamma Voooh Bakammma

The song you are referring to Mehmood with a lil girl... is jinny and jonny? He also acted for his own production... Kunwara Baap. Here he was a baap to a lil handicapped guy. I love this kishore song... Aariyaa Jaay.. Neendiya Tu Lechal Kahin.. Udan Khatole Mein.. Door Door Door Yahan Se Door. Kishore has portrayed sentiments of a father so beautifully in this song. The same movie has another great melodious number of Kishore da...

Mein Hoon Ghoda Yeh Hai Gaadi..
Meri Rikshaw Sab Se Niraali..
Na Gori Hai Na Yeh Kaali...

Few lines that throws an intense sarcasm over the society... sad.gif

Kutta Gade Pe Soye Manav Chadar Ko Roye,
Zindagi Lagti Hai Gaali.. O Zindagi Lagti Hai Gaali..

Best of the lot ... I would choose the same, Padosan.
Chitralekha
QUOTE (Pradeep @ Oct 28 2003, 09:12 AM)
Few songs of Rafi Sahab over mehmood that I can think of now is..
  • Pyar Voh Shay Hai from Neela Aakash
  • Mariz-e-ishq Hoon Ay Jaane Man from Bin Badal Barsaat
  • Bakamma Voooh Bakammma
The song you are referring to Mehmood with a lil girl... is jinny and jonny? He also acted for his own production... Kunwara Baap. Here he was a baap to a lil handicapped guy. I love this kishore song... Aariyaa Jaay.. Neendiya Tu Lechal Kahin.. Udan Khatole Mein.. Door Door Door Yahan Se Door. Kishore has portrayed sentiments of a father so beautifully in this song. The same movie has another great melodious number of Kishore da...

Mein Hoon Ghoda Yeh Hai Gaadi..
Meri Rikshaw Sab Se Niraali..
Na Gori Hai Na Yeh Kaali...

Few lines that throws an intense sarcasm over the society... sad.gif

Kutta Gade Pe Soye Manav Chadar Ko Roye,
Zindagi Lagti Hai Gaali.. O Zindagi Lagti Hai Gaali..

Best of the lot ... I would choose the same, Padosan.

How can I forget "pyaar woh shay hai"???? just watched it and left it out. haha!

Yes, that movie is Jinny and Johnny... just remembered the song "jinny aur johnny ki hai jodi ajeeb...". Havent watched Kunwara Baap yet. Now am gonna have to.. since it has so many good songs smile.gif

There's also a duet in some movie (which I forget now) where Mehmood and his heroine sing a song in a garden. Cant recall now huh.gif

Chitralekha
Sharad
Saanjh aur Sawera released in 1964

One song on Mehmood - Main rickshawwala Main rickshawwala
from chhoti bahen

one more - zindagi mujhko dikhade raasta - saanjh aur sawera again.

Sharad

Pradeep
Jeeeezz mad.gif how can we all forget....

Hami Kale Hein Tho Kya Huva Dil Wale Haaiiinnnnn

and what is the other song..... shux cant recollect...
wherein is speaks out in tutli boli... mere saath koyi bhi nahin gaata... sab mere saath gaavo....
the term hunter is also used in that song..

And the touchy number... Rafi singing in tutli boli... Ilaahi Tu Sun Le Hamaali Duva..

biggrin.gif
Sharad
Couple of more sweet songs on Mehmood by Mohammed Rafi
These are duets

Gori Chalo Na Hans Ki Chaal, Zamana Dushman Hai

and

Woh Din Yaad Karo

both Mehmood and Shoba Khote

Beti Bete and Hamrahi
I think Gori Chalo Na - Beti Bete
Woh Din - Hamrahi

Sharad
Pradeep
Isnt this song on Mehmood...

O Gori... O Gori....
Julm Kare Julf Ka Bikhar Jaana..
O Gori.. Julm Kare Julf Ka Bikhar Jaana..
O Bikhar Jaana... Haaye Bikhar Jaana..
O Gori.. Julm Kare Julf Ka Bikhar Jaana..
kcp
His first film entry was I think "Do Bigha Zameen" & "Samsher", both in 1953

Oh yes Sindoor also lists him as an actor ? or was he a child artist that time ?

KCP

Chitralekha
One more from Humjoli, picturized on Jeetendra & Mehmood and Singers Mohd. Rafi & Kishore Kumar. It goes like this:

chal shuru ho ja.. one two...
chal shuru ho ja.. chala mukka jamaa thappad lagaa takkar

Really funny song with action. biggrin.gif

p1j
QUOTE (Pradeep @ Oct 28 2003, 09:59 PM)

Kamall any idea when Mehmood came into movies?????? I saw shots of choti behena (balraj sahni)(1959) on star gold and mehmood loox so young and chubby!!!!!!!!!
hehehe smile.gif

Hi Nimii,

I am not sure about Mehmood's entry, but I think must be around 1953. May be one of the following ones ?

Shamsheer (BW, Action) - 1953
Produced by Sargam Pictures, Directed by Gyan Mukerjee, Music by Arun Kumar
Starring Ashok Kumar, Bhanumati, Bhagwan etc.

Naukari (BW, Comedy) - 1954
Produced & Directed by Bimal Roy with music by Salil Chaudhary and
starring Kishore Kumar, Sheila Ramani, Kanhaiyalal, Noor, Achla Sachdev,
Iftikhar, Jagdip etc.

Re,
Kamall

Thanks Kamall - I really didnt have an idea that Mehmood hit the movies so early!!!!!!!!!! He really has been in the filmland for a real long time!!!!!!!!

We shld someday work on the brilliant performances he has given us in so many movies smile.gif)

Regards,
N smile.gif

As per the film database, "Mehmood" ( I don't know whether it is the same person) first came in a movie called Kurukshetra (1943) and then.. sindoor (1946) and so on...

Pradeep

Hi Pradeep, it is one Mahmad in the film Kurukshetra and the year is 1945.

Re : Sindoor, yes there is one entry of "Mehmood" but again I am not sure that he is the same one, if he is the one, then he must be really young then, but this movie is in the year 1947.

It is quite possible since his father was the famous Dancer Mumtaz Ali and his sister Meenu Mumtaz was famous too and I think, she came before him.

Let's see if someone has correct information.

Re,
Kamall

Hi Kamall.. Thanks for the info. "Meenu Mamtaz" is she the one from Dholak
and Ek Thi Ladki?

Pradeep

Kamall and nimii,

I have seen Naukri, and Mehmood had a significant role in the film (though the length was not much).. He played a Pocketmaar and due to him Kishore Kumar had to go to Jail (with Mehmood)... and they spend some time together in the Jail..

You can find Mehmood in Devdaas too, in the Mujra orchestra mandali of Chandramukhi...

Pavan Jha
Pradeep
In C.I.D he played a short negative role.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.