A very important quote of Kishoreda...one of the reason why many stalwarts of the industry ( including music directors ) were slowly faded away...

http://kishore-kumar.com/?p=280
माधुरी - 20th Aug 1984

बदलाव के कारण ही टिका हुआ हूं - किशोर कुमार
सागर कि लहरें, समय कि धारा और जिंदगी की यात्रा कभी हमेशा एक सी नहीं होती. वक्त बेवक्त इनकी रफ़्तार, इनकी गति में बदलाव आते ही रहते हैं और जब इनमें बदलाव आता है, तब समझदारी इसी में है की वक्त की नजाकत और उसकी मांग को देखते हुए हम खुद में परिवर्तन लायें. यह बात किसी भी कार्यक्षेत्र ले लिए सामान रूप से सही है.
पिछले दशक में हमारे फिल्म संगीत ने अपनी यात्रा को एक नयी राह दी. इस नयी राह को जो ठीक से पहचान नहीं पाये, या जिनके पांवों ने परिवर्तन की इस सच्चाई को अपनाने से इनकार कर दिया, वे इस नयी यात्रा के यात्री नहीं बन पाये. तलत महमूद हिंदी फिल्मों के मीठे और दर्दीले गायक रहे हैं. उनकी आवाज में कंपन, कशिश सब कुछ है, पर उनकी गायकी का ढंग हमेशा हल्के हल्के, हौले हौले गाने का रहा है, इसी की बदौलत गजल गायन में उन्होंने अपना सानी नहीं रखा, लेकिन इसी धीमी गायन शैली की वजह से संगीत की तेज रफ्तार उन्हें रास नहीं आई. रफी साहब में खूबसूरत लचीलापन रहा. उनकी गायकी कभी किसी ख़ास सीमा में नहीं बंधी. 'मन तडपत हरि दरसन को आज' से ले कर 'बदन पे सितारे लपेटे हुए' जैसी बिलकुल अलग रचनाओं को सामान अधिकार और ख़ास अंदाज़ से गाकर उनहोंने साबित कर दिया की संगीत की किसी भी शैली में गाने से उन्हें कोई परहेज नहीं, और इसी दम पर अंत तक वे सबसे लोकप्रिय गायक बने रहे.
मैंने भी रफी साहब की इस खूबी को अपनाया. हर मूड, हर भाव, हर सिचुएशन के गीत मैंने गाये हैं. आज भी यह बात बरकरार है. सच कहूं तो इसी बदौलत इतने वर्षों से मैं इस इंडस्ट्री में टिका हुआ हूं. आदमी जब बदले माहौल के साथ साथ खुद को भी बदल लेता है, तभी उसके पांव हमेशा आगे की दूरियां तय कर पाते हैं.
पता : गौरी कुंज, जुहू तारा रोड, बंबई 400049

Change is the only reason why I have survived so long - Kishore Kumar
Sea waves, passage of time and the journey of life, can never be the same. Their pace and speed always keep on changing and when these changes come, keeping in mind its timing and demands, it is wise to bring about changes in oneself. This is equally applicable to all professions.

In the last decade our Film music has led a new road to the journey. Those who could not gauge this new path, or whose legs denied to follow the truths of its changes, they ceased to be the pasengers of this journey. Talat Mahmood has been a sweet and sentimental singer of the Hindi Film Industry. His voice has the vibrant attraction and all, but his singing style has always been soft soft, slow slow songs, due to which in the Gazal genre he has left no comparisons, but due to this very slow singing style , he could not adapt the fast pace of the current music. Rafi sahab had a beautiful flexibility. His singing was also not caught in any kind of limitations. On one hand he sang 'Man tadapat hari darshan ko aaj' and on another a different spectrum songs like 'Badan pe sitaare lapete hue' and by giving equal importance and by always singing in his unique manner, he proved that he could sing in any genre of music. And that is the reason why he remained the most popular singer till the end.

I have adopted this secret of Rafi sahab. I have sung songs of every mood, every emotion, every situation. Today also this is continuing. Let me tell you the truth that I have survided for so many years in this industry, only because of this. When a person adapts himself to the changing times, only then he can always create new milestones in future.

Address : Gouri Kunj, Juhu Taara Road, Bombay 400049