Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: See This Rafi Fan-lookalike
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
dryunussumra
Very interesting,
Last week one patient came to my dispensory for some ailment.Throughout history taking I was thinking that this man is having resembelence to our beloved Mohd.Rafi.When I asked his name ,he said Salim Rafi.I enquired about any relation with M.Rafi.He denied it.But he said he is a great fan of Rafi.His name is only Salim,he has added Rafi For his love for Rafi and after careful examination I noticed that he has manupulated the hair style of Mohammed Rafi .He shown me his Railway identity card On which instead of his own photo there was photo of Mohd. RAfi (same photo of my Avtar).He claimed to be knowing personally some family members of Rafi saheb,and also he claimed to be having one of the note book of MOhd. Rafi On which Rafi saheb used to write the songs.Unfortunately due to his high fever I could not probe him further.But I showed my interest in Rafi.Next day he was alright and he came with his big Portrait Photograph done in 1995 , Which was framed nicely.this portrait is having striking resembelence with Rafi.Luckily I had camera in my dispensory at that time .With his permission I clicked him and portrait.and with his consent I am posting this article and photographs.I have requested him to show me the note book of Rafi saheb and some rare photographs .I am eagerly waiting for his call.
ffew2002
interesting - very interesting........
ffew. tongue.gif
Dharmaan Khan
the best part is the shayari at the bottom of the photograph in urdu

it reads

Tasveer teri humne firdaus e tasavvur mein
sau aaine todey hain, tab jaa ke utaari hai
iqbal

Thanks Yunus saab, that was nice
mohd2004
Thanks Yunus Saheb for sharing the photo and info.

Mohd.
iqbal
Next time he visits you make him sing he may even be a soundalike smile1.gif
asad
QUOTE(dryunussumra @ Mar 9 2005, 05:34 AM)
he claimed to  be having one of the note book of MOhd. Rafi On which Rafi saheb used to write the songs.Unfortunately due to his high fever I could not probe him further.I have requested him to show me the note book of Rafi saheb and some rare photographs .I am eagerly waiting for his call.

Yunus Bhai, did he call back? Would be really interesting to see the notebook.
dryunussumra
QUOTE(asad @ May 17 2005, 07:34 PM)
he claimed to  be having one of the note book of MOhd. Rafi On which Rafi saheb used to write the songs.Unfortunately due to his high fever I could not probe him further.I have requested him to show me the note book of Rafi saheb and some rare photographs .I am eagerly waiting for his call.

Still waiting for his call.There is only one chance of meting him at Juhu on Rafi sahebs death anneversory as promised by him.He stays in Kurla and my dispensory is at Mumbai Central which is far apart ,so less chance of meeting aagain in disp.
perrykhan
This chap does not look like Rafi Sahab.
Anil4
Maybe the forehead is similar.
dryunussumra
QUOTE(perrykhan @ May 18 2005, 04:48 AM)
This chap does not look like Rafi Sahab.

dil ko dekho,chehra na dekho
appreciate the spirit
dryunussumra
QUOTE(asad @ May 17 2005, 07:34 PM)

Yes he did came to my dispensory.and he has given me two notebooks of Rafi saheb.There are two diaries with the calender of 1968 and 1969.
On the cover of one diaryIt is written BOOK NO.57..fROM 1/11/68 TO 31/12/68
AND OTHER DIARY IS book No 58...fROM 1//1/1969 TO 12/4/1969
Songs are written mentioning date ,Production co. song no,and time,and some initials which I cannot decipher.....
I will come with more details and scans later on
regards
YaarMere
I can not wait Yunus-ji.
dryunussumra
Here is his Railway photo identity card
One wid his photo and other wih Rafi saheb's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.