Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Many Years Of Classical Training Did Rafi Sahab Take And From Who?
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
Zabbas
Hello Rafians

I know Rafi Saab Took some trainin in classical Music for Abdul Waheed and Bade Ghulam Ali Khan saab but for how long?

and also theres contradictory accounts as to who he learnt from? would be happy if someone could provide information with sources and evidence!

Thanks!

Zaheer
nasir
QUOTE(Zabbas @ Jan 19 2011, 07:43 AM) *

Hello Rafians

I know Rafi Saab Took some trainin in classical Music for Abdul Waheed and Bade Ghulam Ali Khan saab but for how long?

and also theres contradictory accounts as to who he learnt from? would be happy if someone could provide information with sources and evidence!

Thanks!

Zaheer

Tough questions Zaheer bhai.
Zabbas
I am only concerned because I am also a trainee classical vocalist and wanna know how long he learned for! he was definately not a SHAGIRD like Manna Dey and Lataji were but wanna know exactly how long he learnt coz obviously most of his singing was self taught!
nasir
QUOTE(Zabbas @ Jan 20 2011, 07:40 AM) *

I am only concerned because I am also a trainee classical vocalist and wanna know how long he learned for! he was definately not a SHAGIRD like Manna Dey and Lataji were but wanna know exactly how long he learnt coz obviously most of his singing was self taught!

The greatness of Rafi Sahaab lies in the humility he maintained throughout his life. Though initially he trained in the Kirana Gharana with Ustad 'Behre' Abdul Waheed Khan as well as from Ustad Barkat Ali Khan.
He considered his music directors his teachers such was this humble soul. Despite reaching dizzy heights, he continued his morning riyas right from 3 a.m. onwards.!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.