Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pardesan (1959)
Hamara Forums > Legends > Noor Jehan
Inaam
‘Pardesan’ (1959) ranks as the least talked about of Noor Jehan’s Pakistani movies. In fact, it is believed to have been removed from cinema halls within a few days of its release. Similarly, none of its songs were ever heard on radio or are available on discs or cassettes. As a result no one, not even the few film historians or musicologists we have in Pakistan, seem to remember anything about Pardesan or its music, except that it was composed by Akhtar Hussain.
I found some information about the film in Yasin Goreja’s book and want to share with all of you. Mr Goreja mentioned that M Naseem was the producer of the film. He only wanted to be close with Noor Jehan, he didn’t paid any attention on his film. Not even he appointed any director for the film. He delivered the responsibility of direction to the film editor Ali. In result --- the film was super flop.
Mr. Goreja also mentioned the lyrics of four songs of ‘Pardesan’.
Hazin Qadri penned the songs. The songs are:
1. Mor Muhaaran Saanwal Ve Kayyaan Deraan Laayaan Ne
2. Jaaviin Na Meri Jaan Dil Ton Door
3. Jaawan Maahi Kol Maar Ke Udaariyaan
4. Ajj Aai Ghamman Di Shaam Sajna Tu Vi Aa

Someone here might know more about this film and have any song to show?

Inaam

Ummer
Click to view attachmentHello Inaam,
Here is the poster of Pardesan.

Ummer.
Inaam
Thanks for the poster Ummer! But what about the songs? smile1.gif

Inaam
Ummer
QUOTE(Inaam_Nadeem @ Mar 7 2005, 12:16 PM)

Thanks for the poster Ummer! But what about the songs?  smile1.gif

Inaam

Hello Inaam,
I dont have any song from this films. sad1.gif, Sorry.

Ummer.
Sampath
Inaam: How can any song sung by Noor Jehan be anything other than a treasure? So, I cannot understanf why the songs ceased to be pleyed on Radio etc.
On a slightly different vein, while Noor Jehan's voice when it first comes on to a song is truly electrifying, the supporting orchestra seems to have been high quality as well. I wonder if such people are still around and is so may give us some anecdotes about the recording sessions and Madam?
Sampath
Yasmin
QUOTE(Sampath @ Mar 12 2005, 05:54 AM) *

Inaam: How can any song sung by Noor Jehan be anything other than a treasure? So, I cannot understanf why the songs ceased to be pleyed on Radio etc.
On a slightly different vein, while Noor Jehan's voice when it first comes on to a song is truly electrifying, the supporting orchestra seems to have been high quality as well. I wonder if such people are still around and is so may give us some anecdotes about the recording sessions and Madam?
Sampath

Absolutely wrong info whoever said Pardesan's songs were ceased to play on Radio sad1.gif Neither the movie was a big flop nor the songs ceased to play on Radio. As regards the availability on CDs or cassettes ..folks its almost 2008 and u r talking of a movie of 1959. Availability remains the same just like her many other songs.. i mean YES its available with her collectors and not for masses :-)
Inaam
QUOTE(Yasmin @ Dec 21 2007, 12:40 PM) *

Absolutely wrong info whoever said Pardesan's songs were ceased to play on Radio sad1.gif Neither the movie was a big flop nor the songs ceased to play on Radio. As regards the availability on CDs or cassettes ..folks its almost 2008 and u r talking of a movie of 1959. Availability remains the same just like her many other songs.. i mean YES its available with her collectors and not for masses :-)

Yasmin Aapa! Suna hai aapke Uncle. Al-ma'roof 'Dr Bukhari' bohat 'jughaadari' qism ke music collector hain, zara unke khazaane mein jhaankiye.. shayad naseeb yaawari kare smile.gif

Inaam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.