Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sheesh Mahal: Palace Of Mirrors
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
surhall

sangeet ka safar

Sheesh Mahal: Palace of Mirrors

"Dressed in the baggy white cotton suit of a Bombay businessman, Producer Karim Asif stands proudly in his glittering Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Palace. Asif's extravaganza Mughal-eAzam was produced here at a cost of over $2 million, an Indian record.)"
-found this captivating image in movie special issue of LIFE magazine dated 20 Dec 1963.

It took K. Asif 14 years to make the film.

It took weeks to build 35 feet high, 80 feet wide and 150 feet long Sheesh Mahal set at Mohan Studios for the 'Pyar kiya to darna kya' song. The glass was imported from Belgium. According to R.D. Mathur, the cinematographer of the famous song, lighting for the song included hundreds of reflectors and beams of 500 trucks.

After the completion of the film, for at least two years Sheesh Mahal, covered with a huge tarpaulin and open to a select few people, continued to remain the centre of attraction. And then it was gone.

dhall
yogihit
dhall Sahab,
Aaj apake Hamara Forums pe pure 7 saal hote hai aaj tak apaka ka anmol yogdan hame mila hai. aaj tak jo apane sangeet ke bare me information/ songs share kiye hai usaka jawab nahi.
Hope age bhi ye jari rahega hum jaise new comers ke liye.

Thanks a lot
surhall

hi brother
Welcome here yes today is my brithday on Hamara Forums

thanks this views. i have over 16000 news cutting , pictures . poster, 78-33-45 supper7 , ep- 16.
RPM others .
time to time u/l here .
but i request to new young music lover pleas keep old is gold with all time
dhall
surhall

here is very rare part one

Mughal-e-Azam - Film Production And Premiere.Mughal-e-Azam is a 1960 1.
128/44 kbs 10.04 min

dhall
Harjinder
Hi Mr Dhall
Thanks for taking us all back to 1960. It reminds me of a problem I had viewing this movie. When this movie was released in Punjab because of a conflict it was not released in Ludhiana and I had to come up with some excuse at home to go visit Patiala and see this movie there. Harjinder
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.