Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Sangeet Sammelan
Hamara Forums > Music > Raag Rang
nandi
I have a lot of these home-made tapes made in India and I will upload these as time permits.
There are some significant Radio artistes who did not make it big in the commercial circuit. People like Sumati Mutatkar, Sulochna Brihaspati, Malabika Kanan will be featured in these.
I will try to add whatever information I can gather on these artistes. Most of these are AIR broadcasts of the weekly Radio Sangeet Sammelans and may include some very established artistes also.

AIR Sangeet Sammelan
Malavika Kanan Raga Jaunpuri
mp3 39.4mb 29:42 192kbps
6 RAR files
nandi
Sulochna Brihaspati
Thumri Bhairavi
mp3 17.21mb 12:32 192kbps
3 RAR files

More info on Sulochna Brahaspati at her site: http://www.sulochanabrahaspati.net/
nandi
SumatiMutatkar
RagaPoorvi

AIR Sangeet Sammelan
32.0mb 23m22s mp3 192kbps
5 RAR files

Dr. Sumati Mutatkar was born in the year 1916. This illustrious performer turned teacher and administer has given her
performance in the dhrupad-dhamar and khayal, to the lighter tappa-thumri. In a short she has covered a wide range of
classical music. She has performed in concerts for many years. Dr. Sumati Mutatkar has also served as a broadcaster artist.

Dr. Sumati Mutatkar has undergone her training in Indian classical music under the great tutelage of classical music maestros
like Pandit S.N.Ratanjankar. She has bagged the opportunity of being associated with all most all the prominent gharanas of music.
She had also learnt from Pandit Rajabhaiya Poochwale of Gwalior gharana, Ustad Vilayat Hussain Khan of Agra gharana, Pandit Anant Manohar
Joshi and Ustad Mushtaq Hussain Khan of Rampur gharana.

Sumati MutatkarIn the year 1953, Dr. Sumati Mutatkar has been selected for the post of music director at All India Radio.
Acknowledging her talent she had been made the Deputy Chief producer of Music afterwards. As the faculty member of Music and Fine Arts,
Delhi University, she joined. Sumati Mutatkar when retired in the year 1981, she was ornamenting the post of Dean of the Faculty.
In the year 1979, she was nominated as a Fellow of the Sangeet Natak Akademi. As recognition to this astonishing talent,
the government of India in the year 1991 conferred her one of the highest prestigious civilian award, the Padma Shri. In the
very next year, she was conferred the ITC award. In the year 2001, she was again awarded with the Kalidas Samman. The Akashvani
Samman was also conferred to her.

Dr. Sumati Mutatkar has traveled in an extensive manner. Books written by her are also widely published.
She has been considered as an accumulation of a fund of knowledge and information. Her knowledge ranges
from musical to anything under the sun. She used to visit and participate at the seminars organized by the
ITC Sangeet Research Academy. This eminent persona of musical world has breathed her last on February 28 in
the year 2007 at a private hospital in Kolkata. At the time of her death she was 91 years old.
nandi
SumatiMutatkar
Geet & Tarana
A I R Sangeet Sammelan 1980
22.6mb 16m30s mp3 192kbps
4 RAR files
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.