Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bimal Roy....the Genius Director
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
simplefable
IPB Image

It is great to see an article in my Telugu paper about Bimal Da. What else can be said about this Genius who gave us some memorable films with unforgettable characters ??
Known as a task master who doesnt compromise till he gets to see what he wants on screen..He grew the cosmos flowers in his backyard for the close up shots of Dilip in Madhumati ( Suhana safar..).
His characters will stay with us be it the innocent heart breaking naive Madhumati or the girl who can question the caste system.. Sujata..or the girl Kalyani who can kill his fiance's wife ( Bandini ) ..or the farmer who turns into an urban coolie to earn back his Do Bigha Zameen..only to be denied in the climax..Every Character has such a strong portrayal..they always stay with us. That is what a movie is all about !!
My last touch with the master was when i saw the film Parakh..and marveled at how relevant the film is even today...with our kind of politicians ..If you havent seen it, do it today. You wont be disappointed. I saw it at one go... smile.gif

Here is one unreleased song of Madhumati, edited out, in fact...Courtesy Lakshmi.

Tan jale man jalta rahe...
Madhumati
Dwijen mukherjee and Chorus
Saleel Chowdury
mp3, 128 kbps, 3.18 min

Click to view attachment

desai2rn

Thanks SF. Bimal Roy was one of the best. His movies were were amongs the best measured by any
yard stick. Maudhmati still holds the record for the no. of filmfare awards. I have watched Madhumati,
Bandini, Devdas a no. of times and they still seem fresh. Too bad he left so young. Still left his
mark on the industry.

nandi
Would you be posting the music from his films here? Or is this an invitation to others to carry this thread by posting Bimal Roy's movies music?
nandi
swarapriya
I just saw your post. Thanks for the note SF.

Bimal Roy was one of our greatest directors. I have very high regard for him. I expressed this through some of my postings about his movies in various threads. I am borrowing an overused word here, but for lack of a better one, I will unhesitatingly call him a true genius.

Also, many thanks to you and Lakshmi for sharing the song with us.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.