Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saat Saath
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
swarapriya
(Rajendra) Talaq (1958)

Kavi Pradeep and C. Ramchandra whenever they got together they gave some fine songs. Pradeepji was one of those poets who knew how to put right words and molding them into literary-rich and beautiful songs. They collaborated in at least eight movies I know of. For example, who will ever forget songs like "Gagan Jhanjhana Raha" and "Kitna Badal Gaya Insaan" from "Nastik (1955)"? This album also boasts some really fine songs. Most of them were contributed by the members of the Forum. Thank you.

Now for the songs of this album ...
swarapriya
(Sunil) Didi (1959)

Music director N. Dutta always insisted that the lyrics for his songs be written by Sahir. The result is that most of the films for which Dutta composed music for had Sahir writing lyrics. Their combination always spelled success. Movies like "Marine Drive", "Milap", and "Sadhna" are some of the examples of their collaborative efforts.

This album is interesting. All songs except one were composed by Dutta Saab. The one song that was not composed by him, "Tum Mujhe Bhool Jaao", was composed by Sudha Malhotra. Dutta was apparently indisposed and at Sahir Saab's suggestion, the composing duties for the song were given to Malhotra. The duet sung by Sudha Malhotra and Mukesh is just awsome. The feelings of love and pain the lyrics Sahir Saab wrote for are brought to life with their wonderful singing. Perhaps Sahir Saab was emoting his own feelings when he wrote this song. If you recall, during this period, Sahir Saab was romantically linked with Sudhaji. The romance never materialized into marriage because of the religoius differences and other reasons. After a failed romance during his college life (with Amrita Kaur) and this experience, Sahir remained a bachelor for the rest of his life.

Most of the songs from this album are due to the Forum members. Thank you. Now for the songs ...
swarapriya
(Amitabh) Bombay to Goa (1972)

This movie was Mahmood's home production. Mahmood who gave a start to RD with his "Chhote Nawab", continued to utlize his talents later in his other movies including "Bhoot Bangla", "Padosan", and "Bombay to Goa". Amitabh was struggling as an actor to get a foothold in the movie industry and Mahmood did give some assist with this movie but it was out and out Mahmood's movie. It has some real nice songs.

Here are the songs from this album ...
swarapriya
(Dharmendra) Aayee Milan Ki Bela (1964)

When I start writing about the music of 60's, I sometimes feel that I am being repetitious about the way I describe them. But I am not apologetic. There was some great music during this time. Shankar & Jaikishan and Rafi Saab played a major role in it. Most of these movies were runaway hits because people flocked to see them for their glorious and unforgettable music.

This beauty of an album by Shankar & Jaikishan has just one after another melodious song. It boasts some of the great solos of Rafi Saab who brings life to the rich and inspired lyrics of Hasrat Jaipuri, like "Bura Maan Gaye", "Main Pyaar Ka Diwaana", and "Tum Kamsin Ho". The album also has one of my favorite Lata's solo, "Tumko Hamaari Umar Lag Jaaye". This song is something that stays fresh and sways you away because of its rich lyrics and the way Lata delivers it.

In this movie Dharmendra outshines Rajendra Kumar, who was the hero of the film. Dashing, whenever he was present on the screen, Dharam ignited the screen with a fine performance in a negative role.

I am uploading all songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. The first post consists of all songs from the original sound track album. The second post consists of extended versions of some of the songs. Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Aayee Milan Ki Bela (1964)" ...

Here are extended versions of some of the songs from this beautiful album. All these are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you ...
swarapriya
(Jeetendra) Dharti Kahe Pukar Ke (1969)

This album composed by LP consists of a fine duet "Je Hum Tum Chori Se" by Lata and Mukesh and several fine solos. Here they are ...
swarapriya
(Manoj) Banarasi Thug (1962)

Iqbal Qureshi composed music for only a handful of movies. All songs of Sadhana's debut making movie, popular "Love in Simla (1960)" immediately come to mind. And how about that beautiful duet by Geetaji and Lata, the song "Ta Thaiyya Karte Aana O Jaadu More Saiyyaan" from "Panchayat (1958)"? This album also has several catchy tunes, like Usha Mangeshkar's "Dha Dina Tinak Tin" and Rafi Saab's "Sunn Sunn Mere Bhai". There is also that superb duet by Usha and Mukesh, "Ek Baat Poochta Hoon". I am uploading these and other songs from this album below. Here they are ...
swarapriya
(Raaj) Panchayat (1958)

Songs from this album are still active in this same thread and can be accessed from the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...84617&st=50

swarapriya
(Rajendra) Chirag Kahan Roshni Kahan (1959)

This is another fine album by Ravi. Interestingly there is no Asha Bhosle song in this album, very untypical Ravi album indeed. However what is typical here is that this album has some very good songs. Rafi Saab's title song is one worth mentioning. But Lata's "Tim Tim Karte Taare" is a real beauty. Here are these and other songs from this album ...
memsaab
Thank you for these swarapriya. I have the film but haven't seen it yet, hopefully soon! smile1.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(memsaab @ Mar 22 2010, 12:02 PM) *

Thank you for these swarapriya. I have the film but haven't seen it yet, hopefully soon! smile1.gif

You're welcome, Memsaab. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Sunil) Insaan Jaag Utha (1959)

At the risk of being repetitious, let me say that Burmanda does it again with this album. When it comes to melody I think Burmanda is defnitely on top of most music lovers' lists. Take for example the song by Geetaji and Asha, "Jaanu Jaanu Ri". An unforgettable listening experience. What a beautiful song. Very melodious. Just oozes with sweetness. How about that lovely duet by Asha and Rafi Saab, "Chaand Sa Mukhda"? This is one of my favorite duets of this pair. Almost all songs follow the same pattern of sweet melody.

I am also uploading a special version of the song "Jaanu Jaanu Ri" with Asha's introduction. It is taken from the album "Legends: Geeta Dutt - The Voice of Passion (CD 5)". This very same thing I heard Asha talk about in one of her concerts that I attended a few years back.

Shakti Samanta who produced and directed this movie, shot it almost entirely outdoors. The locale was Nagarjuna Sagar, in Andhra Pradesh, where the dam was under construction at that time. The site, atmosphere, and the buzz associated with the work of the dam fitted well with the movie's theme.

Most of these songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. Here is the sweetness ...
swarapriya
(Amitabh) Ek Nazar (1972)

Here is another Jaya-Amitabh starrer with all beautiful songs. They all sound very much like ghazals. Lata's song "Humeen Karen Koi Soorat Unhen Bulaane Ki", a beautiful one it is, sounds almost like Madan Mohanji's composition. Per EarthMusic website, I may be missing a song shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, please kindly share. Thank you.

Here are the beautiful songs from this album ...
swarapriya
(Dharmendra) Ganga Ki Laharen (1964)

This movie starred one of my favorite actresses, Savitri, perhaps the greatest actress Indian movies have ever seen. I didn't see this movie, but I can say a few words about this great artiste (see the picture attached). I realize that one cannot capture what she was about in just a few words. My apologies for that. But here is a brief life story of this wonderful, radiant, and emotive actress of our times, Savitri ...

Savitri was one of the greatest actresses of Telugu cinema, if not our times. If she were a Hindi actress, she would be right up there with Meena Kumari and Nargis. During 50’s and 60’s she was the reigning queen of both Telugu and Tamil films. She had the top billing in most of the movies and her presence generally guaranteed success.

Savitri started as a bit star in Telugu films like “Samsaaram” and “Patala Bhairavi”. When the producers gambled to take her to play Parvati in the classic “Devadasu (1953)” in Telugu opposite Akkineni Nageshwara Rao (ANR), many felt it was simply foolish. But when the film was released she received rave reviews for her performance matching ANR scene for scene and the movie enjoyed unprecedented success. After this there was no turning back for Savitri.

“Devadasu” was also made and released in Tamil with the same pair at the same time and was also a resounding hit. This made Savitri a sought after star in Tamil as well. She continued to act in both languages and had a string of major hits to her credit. She ventured into Hindi movies when S.S. Vasan offered her a supporting role in “Bahut Din Huye” in 1954 with Madhubala in the lead. Subsequently she also appeared in “Sitaron Se Aage (1958)” starring Ashok Kumar, “Ghar Basake Dekho (1963)” with Manoj Kumar, “Ganga Ki Lahren (1964)” with Dharmendra, and “Balram Shri Krishn (1968)” with Prithviraj Kapoor.

Savitri’s crowning achievement as an actress came with the film “Chivaraku Migiledi (1960)”. She received the National Award for Best Actress for her brilliant and memorable acting in that film. This was a remake of the Bengali movie starring Suchitra Sen. It was remade into Hindi with Waheeda as “Khamoshi (1969)”.

She was married to the Tamil actor Gemini Ganeshan, father of the actress Rekha. Ganeshan already had several wives. The less I say about this it is better. Later on Ganeshan left Savitri and her kids for yet another woman. This was too much for her to take. The depression of the separation was devastating for Savitri. Her life took for a sorry turn and in the end when she passed away at the young age of 44 she was broke and helpless and very heartbroken.

How come all these brilliant actors seem to leave us so young with their rich legacy when they very well know that the life has so much to offer?
Aditya Pant
SP, there is one more song in Ganga Ki Lehren

Ek Paise Ka Hai Sawal - Ganga Ki Lehren 1964 - Usha Mangeshkar - Chitragupta - 128 - 03:45
Click to view attachment

Aditya
swarapriya
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Mar 25 2010, 09:58 PM) *

SP, there is one more song in Ganga Ki Lehren

Ek Paise Ka Hai Sawal - Ganga Ki Lehren 1964 - Usha Mangeshkar - Chitragupta - 128 - 03:45
Click to view attachment

Aditya

Thanks for the song, Aditya. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Jeetendra) Do Bhai (1969)

All songs from this album were contributed by the members of the Forum. Thank you. Here are the songs where Rafi Saab sings four out of five (two solos and two duets) ...
suhana_safar
Is mein duniya o duniya walon - what a beautiful song.
Geet nahi bansakte is a fantastic melody.
A hum e hde wafa karlein is timless.

great album.
romesh
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 24 2010, 10:00 PM) *

(Amitabh) Ek Nazar (1972)

Here is another Jaya-Amitabh starrer with all beautiful songs. They all sound very much like ghazals. Lata's song "Humeen Karen Koi Soorat Unhen Bulaane Ki", a beautiful one it is, sounds almost like Madan Mohanji's composition. Per EarthMusic website, I may be missing a song shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, please kindly share. Thank you.

Here are the beautiful songs from this album ...

hi SP

here is the missing song pl

yeh ghamen yaar bata--5.07mts @160kbps

romesh
Click to view attachment

quote=romesh
swarapriya
QUOTE(romesh @ Mar 27 2010, 09:30 AM) *

hi SP

here is the missing song pl

yeh ghamen yaar bata--5.07mts @160kbps

romesh

quote=romesh

Thanks for the missing song Romesh. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Manoj) Dr. Vidya (1962)

Here is another brilliant work from Burmanda. Lata dominates with several solos and a duet. Mukesh Saab makes that occasional appearance for Burmanda with a beautiful solo. My favorite song of this album is "Pawan Diwani" by Lata, a trademark song of Burmanda. The melody of the song has that unmistakable SD's stamp all over it. You just can't miss it.

I am also uploading a couple of extended version songs, both contributed by the Forum members. Thank you. It appears, per EarthMusic, I may be missing the song shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, and if you can, please kindly share it with rest of us. Thank you.

I will upload songs from this album in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Concluding Song from "Dr. Vidya (1962)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this melodious album with three beautiful duets ...
Aditya Pant
SP,

Maine Kya Kya Na Kiya is by Lata Mangeshkar and is a part of the song you have uploaded i.e. Bheegi Bheegi Aankh Pe.

Aditya
swarapriya
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Mar 27 2010, 08:51 PM) *

SP,

Maine Kya Kya Na Kiya is by Lata Mangeshkar and is a part of the song you have uploaded i.e. Bheegi Bheegi Aankh Pe.

Aditya

Aditya, I'm so happy you're there to help us out in these type of situations. I have updated the table and my write up to reflect your suggestion.

Thanks & Cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
(Raaj) Ardhangini (1959)

Here is a beautiful album from Vasant Desaiji. It boasts three duets of Geetaji and Rafi Saab, all utterly beautiful to listen to. Lata also has some nice solos. Several of these songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members.

Now for the songs ...
swarapriya
(Rajendra) Dhool Ka Phool (1959)

Here is another beautiful album from the team of N. Dutta and Sahir. Their combination gave so many sparkling albums that have made a permanent place in our hearts. Remember the songs like Asha's "Inn Ujle Mehlon Ke Tale" in "Bhai Bahen (1959)", Talat Saab's "Ashkon Ne Jo Paaya Hai" from "Chandi Ki Deewar (1964)" and umpteen number of other songs. This album also is way up there.

In this movie B.R. Chopra, the producer and the director, was showing the plight of an unwed mother and complications arising from it for a hapless but determined woman. There are two of my favorite duets in this album by Asha and Mahendra, "Dhadkne Lagi" and "Jhukti Ghata". Great lyrics. Beautiful compositions. Lovely singing. Sahir shows in these two songs what a romantic he can be. Then there are other songs that gives Sahir Saab a chance to issue a commentary on the norms of our society. One such song is by Lata, "Tu Mera Pyaar Ka Phool Hai". The other is Rafi Saab's great solo "Tu Hind Banega Na Musalmaan Banega". I am uploading these and other equally beautiful songs from this album in back-to-back two posts.

Now for the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs of "Dhool Ka Phool (1959)" ...

Apart from the two songs mentioned in the first post, "Tu Hind Banega" and "Tu Mera Pyaar Hai", there is another beautiful song sung by Sudha Malhotra, "Kaise Kahoon Mann Ki Baat". Wonder whether Sahir Saab was expressing his own sentiments for Malhotra when he wrote this song.

Here are the rest of the songs of from this beauty of an album ...
swarapriya
(Sunil) Sujata (1959)

Most of the following write-up was posted earlier in my post under the thread "Muse & Music" ...

Here are some of the beautiful compositions from the incomparable Burmanda. Every song from this album is full of melody, as if it is oozing with honeyed sweetness. Singling out one of them is really not doing justice to other songs. Because one never gets tired of these songs even when you listen to them over and over again. They are all that good. Very rich in lyrics. Packed with bundles of emotion. Beautiful experience to listen to these songs as if you can see what is happening in front of your own mind's eye. These songs just cast a spell over you. You are simply charmed.

This film won several Filmfare awards; Best Film, Best Actress for Nutan; Best Director for Bimal Roy, and Best Story for Subodh Ghosh. Notable omission was Burmanda's music direction. Simply an inexecusable crime.

The movie also won a special award from the Maharashtra Government for its theme dealing with untouchability. It was an official entry from India in the 1960 Cannes Film Festival.

Along with the songs from the original soundtrack album, I am also uploading a special version of Talat's lovely "Jalte Hain Jiske Liye". This has an introduction by the famous bhajan and ghazal singer Anup Jalota. It is from the album "Legends: Talat Mahmood - The Silken Voice (CD 4)".

Here are the sweet servings ...
swarapriya
(Amitabh) Garam Masala (1972)

Amitabh apparently made an uncredited appearance in this movie. (Most of the cast members of this film include those from Mahmood's "Bombay to Goa" which also was released in 1972.) Here are the songs from this movie ...
suhana_safar
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 29 2010, 11:40 PM) *

Concluding Songs of "Dhool Ka Phool (1959)" ...

Apart from the two songs mentioned in the first post, "Tu Hind Banega" and "Tu Mera Pyaar Hai", there is another beautiful song sung by Sudha Malhotra, "Kaise Kahoon Mann Ki Baat". Wonder whether Sahir Saab was expressing his own sentiments for Malhotra when he wrote this song.

Here are the rest of the songs of from this beauty of an album ...

Damaan mein .....what a song!!! simply amazing, the depth of the emotions...wow.
swarapriya
(Dharmendra) Haqeeqat (1964)

Many people believe that this was one of the great war movies ever made in India. Well, there were not that many war movies made in our country. Such a claim therefore will be a moot point. Chetan Anand, who made this movie based on the Indo-Sinese War of 1962, shows flashes of brilliance. But like with most of his movies he doesn't sustain the consistency that are hallmarks of great directors like Bimal Roy, Mehboob Khan, Raj Kapoor, Guru Dutt, and others.

The movie was laudable for its depiction of patriotism. But to me one of the great achievements was its music. Madan Mohanji was simply brilliant. Spearheaded by his staple singers Lata and Rafi Saab, and some of the greatest lyrics ever written for a film by Kaifi Azmi, the songs are just riveting, reverberating with packed emotions and pangs of pathos the war brought on its soldiers and their families. Every song is just a standout. We all know the combination of Lata and Mohan resulted in many gems. But in this movie, apart from their contributions, it is Rafi Saab who grabs your heart and doesn't let you go. When he sings "Ab Tumhaare" one is overwhelmed with love for ones country. Next when he sings "Main Yeh Soch Kar" you can feel the pangs of pain and suffering of leaving loved ones when someone is not sure of returning back alive to see them again. Azmiji, how touching lyrics have you written! Rafi Saab, my head bows to you in utter respect for singing with so much emotion!

I am posting these songs in two back-to-back posts. In the first post, I am uploading all the songs from the original sound track album. In the second post I am posting some specials. Now for that rare treat served with the combination of various singers including Lata and Rafi Saab, Kaifi Azmi Saab and Madan Mohanji ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs of "Haqeeqat (1964)" ...

In this post I am including a couple of version songs by Anuradha Paudwal from her album "A Tribute to Madan Mohan". I am also including a special version of the song "Hoke Majboor" with an introduction by Mannada, who himself was one of the co-singers of that song. Here he talks in praise of Talat Saab. This is taken from the album "Legends: Talat Mahmood - The Silken Voice (CD5)".

Now for the songs ...
sangeetbhakt
While "Haqeeqat" has so many wonderful songs to choose from, the one that I love is "Aayi ab ki saal diwali". An emotional song beautifully composed by Madan Mohan and fantastically sung by Lata. In fact, this is a Lata album for me - the 3 Lata solos are among the best she has sung for MM.

The Anuradha Paudwal versions of the 2 songs in fact highlights Lata's mastery. Technically/musically there is nothing wrong with Anuradha's renditions. But there is a missing emotion - something that Lata weaves into the songs with superb subtlety.
swarapriya
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Apr 1 2010, 11:54 AM) *

While "Haqeeqat" has so many wonderful songs to choose from, the one that I love is "Aayi ab ki saal diwali". An emotional song beautifully composed by Madan Mohan and fantastically sung by Lata. In fact, this is a Lata album for me - the 3 Lata solos are among the best she has sung for MM.

The Anuradha Paudwal versions of the 2 songs in fact highlights Lata's mastery. Technically/musically there is nothing wrong with Anuradha's renditions. But there is a missing emotion - something that Lata weaves into the songs with superb subtlety.

SB,

Well said. I think "Haqeeqat" was one superb album that went unrecognized for lack of awards. No wonder Madan Mohanji felt so bitter about lots of things in life. When you think you've achieved something world will remember for ages to come, not even to have some recognition is hard to take.

Also, SB, I wholeheartedly agree with your analysis of Anuradha's versions. Her rendering lacks that emotion and that depth that Lata brings to the songs. On a few occasions I attended Paudwal's concerts, the point you raised strikingly came across. She has the voice and the technique. But neither the depth nor the emotion.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
Aditya Pant
Haqeeqat indeed is one of Madan Mohan's finest. Actually 1964 was a great year for Madan Mohan. he produced such superlatives soundtracks as Haqeeqat, Woh Kaun Thi, Jahan Ara, Ghazal, Sharabi, Suhagan, Pooja Ke Phool, Aap Ki Parchhaiyan... I don't think any other year comes even close. Unfortunately, barring Woh Kaun Thi none of the films were commercial successes, and their music consequently also did not get the success it deserved.

Aditya
swarapriya
(Jeetendra) Gunahon Ka Devta (1969)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded by our fellow member Sita and are still available in the "Legendary Music Directors > Shankar Jaikishan" directory. These can be accessed from the following link ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry651881

Thank you Sita for the songs.

swarapriya
(Manoj) Hariyali Aur Rasta (1962)

Here is another beautiful album from Shankar & Jaikishan where each song was a huge hit. Manoj was still an up and coming star and this movie helped him propel to the stardom.

One of my favorite songs of Mahendra is in this movie, the beautiful solo "Kho Gaya Hai Mera Pyaar". I am posting this and other songs from the original sound track album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Hariyali Aur Rasta (1962)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album. One extended version of the song is by the courtesy of the Forum membes. Thank you.

Now for the songs ..
akbaralibhai
Thank you very much Swarapriya for Hariyali Aur Rasta songs, one of my favourite SJ album especially Kho Gaya Hai Mera Pyar.
swarapriya
QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Apr 3 2010, 01:48 PM) *

Thank you very much Swarapriya for Hariyali Aur Rasta songs, one of my favourite SJ album especially Kho Gaya Hai Mera Pyar.

You're very welcome Akbaralibhai. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Raaj) Durga Mata (1959)

I do not have a single song from this album. I am requesting members to share any songs from this movie if they can. Thank you very much.
Erum Hashmi
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 4 2010, 09:47 PM) *
(Raaj) Durga Mata (1959)

I do not have a single song from this album. I am requesting members to share any songs from this movie if they can. Thank you very much.

If I'm not wrong, this Rajkumar is not the Jaani but the southern superstar unsure.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Apr 4 2010, 10:13 AM) *

(Raaj) Durga Mata (1959)

If I'm not wrong, this Rajkumar is not the Jaani but the southern superstar unsure.gif

Thanks for the clarification Erum. That figures. No wonder I couldn't come up with any songs for this non-existing album. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Rajendra) Do Bahen (1959)

Is there such a movie starring Rajendra Kumar? I couldn't find any references for it. If indeed there is such a movie, please kindly share songs from its album. Thanks.

lakshmi
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Apr 4 2010, 11:43 PM) *

(Raaj) Durga Mata (1959)

Swarapriya,

I think this movie was a remake of a Kannada movie . I have only one song.

song tum mere man mein - Manna Dey, Geeta Dutt - 3:14/128
swarapriya
(Rajendra) Goonj Uthi Shehnai (1959)

Here is a real beauty of an album from Vasant Desai. His music has always been distinctive, classically oriented, and above all melodious. This album provides ample examples of such a claim. Almost all songs are just wonderful. Take for example the beauty by Geetaji and Lata, "Ankhiya Bhool Gayi Hai Sona". I love the way Geetaji emphasizes "Sona", "Hona" and stretches the words "Cheer Gayi Cheer Gayi". The song lifts you into some dream worlds where everything is just meldious. Rest of the songs also follow a similar pattern.

I am uploading these songs, all from the original sound track album, in two back-to-back posts.

swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Goonj Uthi Shehnai (1959)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album ...
Exon
QUOTE(lakshmi @ Apr 6 2010, 12:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Apr 4 2010, 11:43 PM) *

(Raaj) Durga Mata (1959)

Swarapriya,

I think this movie was a remake of a Kannada movie . I have only one song.

song tum mere man mein - Manna Dey, Geeta Dutt - 3:14/128

Lakshmi is correct; it was dubbed from Kannada movie 'Mahishasura Mardini' starring Dr. Raj Kumar.
Raj Kumar himself had sung some songs in the original movie.

Exon

Exon
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 6 2010, 12:05 AM) *

(Rajendra) Do Bahen (1959)

Is there such a movie starring Rajendra Kumar? I couldn't find any references for it. If indeed there is such a movie, please kindly share songs from its album. Thanks.

SP,

Here are details on the movie:

Name of the film: Do Behnen Direction: Kedar Kapoor (1959)
Production: Brij Kala Mandir Music: Vasant Desai
Artiste 1: Rajendra Kumar Artiste 2: Shyama Artiste 3: Chand Usmani Category : Social
Language: Hindi

There are about 7 songs in this movie.

Exon
Sukesh Hoogan
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 6 2010, 12:39 AM) *

(Rajendra) Goonj Uthi Shehnai (1959)

Here is a real beauty of an album from Vasant Desai. His music has always been distinctive, classically oriented, and above all melodious. This album provides ample examples of such a claim. Almost all songs are just wonderful. Take for example the beauty by Geetaji and Lata, "Ankhiya Bhool Gayi Hai Sona". I love the way Geetaji emphasizes "Sona", "Hona" and stretches the words "Cheer Gayi Cheer Gayi". The song lifts you into some dream worlds where everything is just meldious. Rest of the songs also follow a similar pattern.

I am uploading these songs, all from the original sound track album, except for one extended version (thanks to the Forum members), in two back-to-back posts.

Swarapriya

The extended version of - ankhiyaa.n bhool gayi hai sonaa - is not 4.45 long. It has 40+ seconds of commentary and probably dialogues and other music in the end, which has nothing to do with the original song, which has playing time of about 4.05

Regards
Sukesh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.