Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saat Saath
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
swarapriya
(Dharmendra) Saazish (1975)

Here are the songs from this album...
swarapriya
(Jeetendra) Dhuan (1981)

Jeetendra appeared uncredited in this Mithun-starrer. Here are the songs from this film...
Neelesh
I think the song "Tum mile toh hum khile" is from the film Rusvai. The music was composed by R.D.Burman.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Neelesh @ Oct 24 2011, 09:35 AM) *

I think the song "Tum mile toh hum khile" is from the film Rusvai. The music was composed by R.D.Burman.

Thank you very much Neelesh for pointing the error. It was a tagging error on my part. I made changes to the write up to reflect your recommendation.

My apologies for those who have downloaded this song.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
1947 - Earth (1998)

This film is a gripping drama set during the partition days. Deepa Mehta produced and directed this film from a novel by Bapsi Sidhwa called “Cracking India”. The movie covered only one-third of the novel and most of the violence and the bloodshed spilt all over the book was softened by Mehta. It nevertheless makes a striking point and leaves one agitated and disturbed for some time.

The movie “Earth” was the second of the trilogy Mehta made. The first was “Fire” made in 1996. The third one came in 2005, called “Water”. Incidentally all three films had music by A.R. Rahman.

“Earth” won the critical acclaim all over the world. It won the Best Film Award at the Asian Film Festival and was an official entry by India for Oscars in the Best Foreign Film category.

Deepa Mehta (see her picture attached below) was born in India but settled in Canada. She worked on many films including George Lucas’ television series “The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles”.

This is the last film of Rajendra Kumar we will be doing in this thread. We started his thread on December 24, 2009. In 22 months since then we covered over 90 plus of his films. Rajendra was one of those fortunate actors where his presence almost always spelled success. Most of his movies in 60’s and 70’s were jubilee hits.

There are several beautiful songs in this film. The solos by Sadhna Sargam, Hariharan, and Sukhwinder Singh stand out. My personal favorites are “Dheemi Dheemi” by Hariharan and “Rut Aa Gayi Re” by Sukhwinder Singh.

I will upload these songs taken from an original soundtrack album in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "1947 - Earth (1998)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...
swarapriya
(Sunil) Dharam Yudh (1988)

Here is a nice album from Rajesh Roshan. My favorite is Sadhna Sargam's solo, "Saari Duniya". She did a great job in singing this song with lot of verve and veracity...
swarapriya
(Amitabh) Naya Bakra (1979)

Amitabh made a guest appearance in this film with a host of others. The music composer was Babuji who also was the director of the film. Here are the songs from this album...
swarapriya
(Dharmendra) Sholay (1975)

This movie became a phenomenon through out India as it went on to establish a record after record at the box office. It ran successfully for over five years. It grossed an astounding figure of nearly 800 crores of Rupees. It celebrated the golden jubilee in over 60 theatres. It ran over 25 weeks in more than 100 theatres. BBC declared it as the “Film of the Millennium”. Even though “Sholay” snubbed originally by the influential Filmfare magazine, it gave recently the award for it as the Best Film in 50 Years.

The movie was based on a simple idea. It was a story of revenge molded after several successful westerns. Yet it is surprising why this movie became such an unprecedented rage among filmgoers. The biggest answer lies in the character Gabbar Singh as played by the great Amjad Khan. This person was molded after a real life dacoit of the same name. Khan Saab (son of the great actor, Jayant) debuted as a child artiste in Raj Kapoor’s “Ab Dilli Door Nahin” in 1957. His first adult role as an actor was in “Hindustan ki Kasam” released in 1973. But “Sholay” was the movie that brought him instant fame and recognition. A villain in an Indian film never looked meaner and his deeds scarier than Khan’s were from this movie. He gave an unforgettable performance that would be envious of any veteran actor. Simplay put, his performance was phenomenal. Apparently he prepared for the role by reading Taroon Bhaduri’s book “Abhishapth Chambal” which chronicled the doings of dacoits of Chambal valley. Taroonji was the father of Jaya Bhaduri, who also starred in this film. Interestingly Khan Saab was not the original choice of the producers. They wanted Danny Denzongpa for the role. But Danny was away in Afghanistan shooting for Feroz Khan’s “Dharmatma (1975)” and was not immediately available.

I think the song “Mehbooba O Mehbooba” by RD was another chief contributor to the success this movie enjoyed. RD did such a splendid job with his vocals and the music he composed for the film fuses Indian sounds with elements of Afro-Cuban, Arabic, and Latin reflecting his musical genius. Especially the background score where Gabbar Singh is located in a desolate rocky terrain gives such an eerie feeling.

Both the romantic pairs got hitched while preparations to make this movie were going on. Few months before the movie was to be launched, Jaya and Amitabh were married. Soon after that Jaya got pregnant delaying the shooting of the movie. Also, besides being already married and with children, garam Dharam was after Hema’s affections. Originally Dharam wanted to play the role of Thakur (eventually played by Sanjeev Kumar). He was informed that then Sanjeev will get the role of Veeru. When he learned that Veeru will get the girl in the movie, as Sanjeev proposed to Hema only a few months back, Dharam changed his mind quickly and took Veeru’s role. Dharam used to bribe the light boys while shooting so that he can have several retakes with Hema. Incidentally, Hema does not appear with Sanjeev in any scenes in the movie. This was done at her request because she did not want to be near him.

Shatrughan Sinha was considered for the role of Jai, but Dharmendra persuaded the director to have Amitabh play the role. Amitabh also went to the director to convince him that he would be the right choice to play Jai.

The movie was shot near Bangalore. The rocky terrain, called Ramanagaram, where the movie was shot is now a tourist attraction. Parts of Ramanagaram were renamed as “Sippy Nagar”. The village that was built for the movie was left intact by the producers.

“Sholay” was the first Hindi movie to be shot in stereophonic sound. It was also presented in the 70mm widescreen format. The song “Chaand Sa Koi” is not in the movie. After the song was recorded, director Ramesh Sippy decided to not include it in the movie. So the song was never picturized. Anand Bakshi Saab, the lyricist, was one of the co-singers of the song.

I am uploading songs from this film in back-to-back two posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film. The second post contains several extended version songs and some specials.

Here is a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves …
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Sholay (1975)"...

I am uploading in this post few extended versions of the songs and a couple of specials. The details are supplied in the table below.

Here are these songs...
swarapriya
(Jeetendra) Ek Hi Bhool (1981)

pawan1234
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 29 2011, 01:04 AM) *

great share nice release
swarapriya
QUOTE(pawan1234 @ Oct 28 2011, 06:39 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 29 2011, 01:04 AM) *

great share nice release

Thank you Pawanji. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Sunil) Hai Meri Jaan (1991)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Hai Meri Jaan (1991)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...
kishor
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 28 2011, 03:06 AM) *

I am uploading in this post few extended versions of the songs and a couple of specials. The details are supplied in the table below.

Here are these songs...

Swarapriya,

I once heard in an interview of Jalal Agha(In doordarshan) that he has originally recorded the Mehbooba Mehbooba song and somehow it was later at the instance of producer it was replaced with RDs Vocals....

Cheers..

Kishor
swarapriya
QUOTE(kishor @ Oct 30 2011, 01:12 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 28 2011, 03:06 AM) *

Here are these songs...

Swarapriya,

I once heard in an interview of Jalal Agha(In doordarshan) that he has originally recorded the Mehbooba Mehbooba song and somehow it was later at the instance of producer it was replaced with RDs Vocals....

Cheers..

Kishor

I haven't heard from you in a long time Kishor. Good to see you back. And, thanks for the info...

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Amitabh) Paan Khaye Saiyan Hamaar (1984) - A Bhojpuri Film

Rekha and Amitabh made guest appearances in this Bhojpuri film. It has great music by maestro Naushad Saab with several beautiful songs. Here they are...
swarapriya
(Dharmendra) Teri Meri Ik Jindri (1975) - A Punjabi Film

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in this thread and are available starting at the following location...

https://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...617&st=1054

swarapriya
(Jeetendra) Jyoti (1981)

Songs from this film were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread and are available starting at the following location...

https://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=2206

swarapriya
(Sunil) Kurbaan (1991)

Here are the songs from this film from an original soundtrack album in two back-to-back posts...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Kurbaan (1991)"...

swarapriya
(Amitabh) Sharaabi (1984)

Prakash Mehra who made Amitabh a star with his 1973 film “Zanjeer” directed this film. Starting with “Zanjeer”, Amitabh starred in seven of Mehra’s movies. Starting with “Zanjeer” six in a row of these films were huge hits. His last one with Mehra was “Jaadugar” made in 1989 that flopped. Between “Zanjeer” and “Jaadugar” Amitabh starred in “Hera Pheri (1976)”, “Muqaddar Ka Sikandar (1978)”, “Laawaris (1981)”, “Namak Halaal (1982)”, and “Sharaabi”. After “Jaadugar” flopped, Amitabh and Mehra didn’t work together again in any of the films. Mehra also couldn’t come up with another hit after “Sharaabi”.

“Sharaabi” was based on Liza Minnelli and Dudley Moore starrer “Arthur”. The 1981 Hollywood flick was a huge hit and won Oscar for late Sir John Gielgud a Best Supporting Actor Award. In Hindi, his role was reprised by the great veteran actor Om Prakash.

Amitabh gave a winning and powerful performance in the movie. However he did not win any award for his portrayal of the title role as a drunkard. Here are a couple of instances why this performance shouldn’t have been overlooked. The first one has to with the climax scene. Prakash Mehra was so overwhelmed with Amitabh’s performance during the shooting of this scene where the character played by Om Prakash dies that he decided to forego dubbing of the scene altogether. Here is another example. In the “Naulakha” song sequence Amitabh got so engrossed in the character where he was shown hitting ghunghroos on his left hand to the dance that he started bleeding and has to be restrained.

One of the main reasons why the movie became so popular is because of its beautiful music. Bappi Lahiri was on the top of his game here. Every song in the film is an utter delight and became a huge hit. Lahiri won the Filmfare Award as the Music Director for the film. Also, that melancholic song superbly rendered by Kishoreda, “Manzilein”, won for him the Award as the Best Male Playback Singer from Filmfare.

I am uploading songs from an original soundtrack album in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Sharaabi (1984)"...

swarapriya
(Dharmendra) Barood (1976)

Dharmendra along with Hema made an uncredited appearance in this film directed by Pramod Chakraborty. Burmanda, who composed music for this film, was ailing while this movie was being made. He passed away before the movie was released but did complete his assignment for this film. Well or not, Burmanda was one of the best the film industry boasted. There are several nice songs in this film including Kishoreda's popular number "Matlab Jo Samjhe".

Here are the songs from this film from an original soundtrack album...
swarapriya
(Jeetendra) Khoon Aur Paani (1981)

swarapriya
(Sunil) Pratigyabadh (1991)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded by our fellow member tich8 in the "Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Kalyanji Anandji" directory. These are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=96148

swarapriya
(Amitabh) Ameer Aadmi Gharib Aadmi (1985)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory. These are available starting at the following location...

https://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=1906

swarapriya
(Dharmendra) Charas (1976)

swarapriya
(Jeetendra) Khoon Ka Rishta (1981)

Here are the songs from this album, most of them thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members...
swarapriya
(Sunil) Yeh Aag Kab Bujhegi (1991)

This film, produced and directed by Sunil Dutt, has several beautiful songs. I especially like the title song by Mohd. Aziz. I wonder sometimes why such talented singers like Aziz who proved their prowess time and again disappear for some unknown reasons. Azizji deserved better.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. The title song in the first post is very long. To upload this song, I have to split it into two parts. If you would like to download this song, it is imperative that you download both the parts.

Now for the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Yeh Aag Kab Bujhegi (1991)"...

swarapriya
(Amitabh) Ghulami (1985)

Amitabh was a narrator of the story of this film. The songs from this movie were recently uploaded in the "Yeh Gul(zar)itsan Hamara" thread in this directory. These are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...6134&st=177
swarapriya
(Dharmendra) Giddha (1976) - A Punjabi Film

Dharmendra appeared apart from four Hindi films this year, in three Punjabi films as well. This was one of them. I don't have a single song to share from this album. I am requesting members to share any songs from this film if they can. Thank you.
swarapriya
(Jeetendra) Meri Aawaz Suno (1981)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory. These are available starting at the following location...

https://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=2243

swarapriya
(Sunil) Parampara (1992)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. All songs, except the one by Anand Bakshi Saab, are from an original soundtrack album. Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Parampara (1992)"...

swarapriya
(Amitabh) Geraftaar (1985)

This movie came during the time when Amitabh was experiencing occasional ups but mostly downs in his career. His role was credited as a special appearance but he did have ample screen time. Bappi Lahiri along with Indeevar, a favorite combination for many movies from South during 80's, did their usual quota of songs. This album does contain several catchy tunes. The duet of Asha & Kishoreda, "Dhoop Mein Nikla Na Karo", is one of my favorites.

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Geraftaar (1985)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine musical album...
swarapriya
(Dharmendra) Maa (1976)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Maa (1976)"...

Pratul
Dear Swarapriya,

A few more requests from me. Could you please upload albums
1. Gehra Daag (1963)
2. Gazal (1964)

Thanks
Pratul
swarapriya
QUOTE(Pratul @ Nov 17 2011, 08:17 AM) *

Dear Swarapriya,

A few more requests from me. Could you please upload albums
1. Gehra Daag (1963)
2. Gazal (1964)

Thanks
Pratul

Will be happy to do Pratul. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Jeetendra) Mosambi Narangi (1981) - A Marathi Film

I don't have too many particulars about this Marathi film but it starred Jeetendra. I am uploading songs from this album below. My apologies if I did not enter song names properly as I don't speak Marathi. Nevertheless here are some lovely songs from this album with Uttara Kelkar leading the way...
swarapriya
(Rajendra) Gehra Daag (1963)

O.P. Ralhan, who acted, produced, and directed this movie and Rajendra Kumar, who is the hero of this movie, were in real life brothers-in-law. Ravi has composed some fine songs for this album. The standout song of the album is the duet by Asha and Rafi Saab, "Tumhe Paa Ke". On request, I am uploading this and other fine songs from this album in the first post. In the second post, I am uploading some of the extended versions of these songs.

Now for a description of the songs in this post and the songs themselves ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Gehra Daag (1963)"...

Here are some of the extended version songs from this film...
Pratul
Thanks a lot for Gehra daag songs Swarapriya.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Pratul @ Nov 18 2011, 10:19 AM) *

Thanks a lot for Gehra daag songs Swarapriya.

You're very welcome Pratul. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Sunil) Gazal (1964)

This is yet another beautiful album from Madan Mohanji. Here he is greatly assisted by some of the beautiful lyrics written by Sahir Saab. The album has that signature song one expects from the combination of Lataji and Madan Saab, in this case, “Kise Pesh Karoon”. Then there is a beautiful duet by Suman Kalyanpur and Rafi Saab, “Mujhe Yeh Phool Na De”. Rafi Saab also has four romantic solos.

I am uploading all the songs from this album in three back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain songs of the film from an original soundtrack album. The third post contains several extended versions.

In the first post I am also including a special version of “Naghma Woh Sher Ki” with a nice introduction by Lataji praising Madan Saab. This song is taken from the album “Legends: Madan Mohan – The Instinctive Genius (CD 2)”.

Here are the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves…
swarapriya
Continuing Songs from "Gazal (1964)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.