Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kab Yaad Mein Tera Saath Nahin
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Priya
Hello friends,
Don't know if this has been uled on any of the myriad forums here--does any one have a good version of this song? I am very fond of it--simple and beautiful.
Priya smile1.gif
anurag
QUOTE(priya @ Feb 14 2005, 05:47 PM)
I am very fond of it--simple and beautiful.
Priya smile1.gif

Why are you so fond of this song, Priya? biggrin.gif
Priya
QUOTE(anurag @ Feb 15 2005, 08:52 AM)
Priya smile1.gif

As if U do not know!!!!! I find it very soothing. And very beautiful. What are the other tracks on Anjuman and who sings them?
Thanks a lot for the song! bow.gif Long time, eh? Never see U on the low filmi music forums any more sad1.gif
P
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(priya @ Feb 15 2005, 01:25 AM)
QUOTE(anurag @ Feb 15 2005, 08:52 AM)
Priya smile1.gif

As if U do not know!!!!! I find it very soothing. And very beautiful. What are the other tracks on Anjuman and who sings them?
Thanks a lot for the song! bow.gif Long time, eh? Never see U on the low filmi music forums any more sad1.gif
P

"Anjuman" was a nice low-budget art-film starring Shabana Azmi and Farooque
Shaikh. Very very very nice music. The other songs, surprise surprise are sung
by Shabana herself and I particularly recall a duet by her with Bhupinder which
is very very nice.
I have always been a fan of Jagjit Kaur particularly the song "Tum apna ranj-o-gam apni pareshaani mujhe de do" and "LaDi re laDi". SHe has not sung a whole
lot of songs in Hindi (don't know about Punjabi). And this duet of hers with her
husband is beautiful.
In general, I am a Khayyam fan, but far more so his music in the 50s and 60s.
As much as "Kabhi kabhi" was a great hit as were some of his other films in the
70s and 80s, I always felt the songs did not have a miThaas that the earlier ones
did (one of my all-time favorite soundtracks being "Phir subah hogi"). This film
however went back to the simpler and more melodious sound of his earlier films
although the orchestration is comtemporary.

Priya
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Feb 16 2005, 12:07 AM)
Shaikh.  Very very very nice music.  The other songs, surprise surprise are sung
is very very nice.
I have always been a fan of Jagjit Kaur particularly the song "Tum apna ranj-o-gam apni pareshaani mujhe de do" and "LaDi re laDi".  SHe has not sung a whole
lot of songs in Hindi (don't know about Punjabi).  And this duet of hers with her
husband is beautiful.
70s and 80s, I always felt the songs did not have a miThaas that the earlier ones
did (one of my all-time favorite soundtracks being "Phir subah hogi").  This film

Which is this song ladi re ladi? I read somewhere that JK was a very popular singer in Punjab. I like Hariyala banna too and I always marvela t the way khayyamsaab composed the antaras to suit the diff voice capabilities of Asha and his wife.
I agree abt the earlier music--in the later films I like Umrao Jaan and the song kabhi kisi ko from Aahista Aahista. Have not heard a lot of his other 80s stuff. like dikhayi diye from bazaar a lot.
P
shaibaal
QUOTE(priya @ Feb 15 2005, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Feb 16 2005, 12:07 AM)
Shaikh.  Very very very nice music.  The other songs, surprise surprise are sung
is very very nice.
I have always been a fan of Jagjit Kaur particularly the song "Tum apna ranj-o-gam apni pareshaani mujhe de do" and "LaDi re laDi".  SHe has not sung a whole
lot of songs in Hindi (don't know about Punjabi).  And this duet of hers with her
husband is beautiful.
did (one of my all-time favorite soundtracks being "Phir subah hogi").  This film

Which is this song ladi re ladi? I read somewhere that JK was a very popular singer in Punjab. I like Hariyala banna too and I always marvela t the way khayyamsaab composed the antaras to suit the diff voice capabilities of Asha and his wife.
I agree abt the earlier music--in the later films I like Umrao Jaan and the song kabhi kisi ko from Aahista Aahista. Have not heard a lot of his other 80s stuff. like dikhayi diye from bazaar a lot.
P

Here is "kab yaad mein tera saath" by yet another Jagjit - certainly not one you were expecting - Jagjit Singh. I apologize for the quality of recording and the sudden ending (that is all I have). The "daad dene waale" are a little too vocal and I would love to initiate legal proceedings against them smile1.gif.
Shaibaal.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.