Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Three Of A Kind
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Gunga Jumna (1961)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...
swarapriya
(Kishore) Chalti ka Naam Gaadi (1958)

Songs from this breezy and beautiful album were recently uploaded in the "Three Reigning Queens" thread in this directory and are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...1503&st=602

swarapriya
(Dev) House No. 44 (1955)

Here is yet another beauty from the combination of Dev-SD-Sahir. Incredible it may seem but this threesome association has produced some everlasting musical melodies. Continuing their success from their previous outings like "Baazi (1951)", "Jaal (1952)", and "Taxi Driver (1954)" they do it again in this movie. It has several lovely songs like both of the solos by Hemantda, "Chup Hai Dharti" and "Teri Duniya Mein" and one of my all time favorites of Lata, that melodious number "Phaili Hui Hai". Lata oozes so much sweetness into this song that you succumb helplessly to its lovely lyrics, rich composition, and emotionally romantic tinge in her singing. Pure sublimal divinity.

I am posting these songs in back-to-back three posts. The first two posts contain all the songs from the movie form an original soundtrack album. The third post contains some specials.

Now for the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves ...
swarapriya
Continuing Songs from "House No. 44 (1955)"...

swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "House No. 44 (1955)"...

I am uploading several specials in this post, all have to with the song "Teri Duniya Mein". A special version of this song by the great ghazal singer Jagjit Singh is included here. It is taken from his album "Close to My Heart". Lata's version of the same song from her album "Lata's Shraddhanjali-1" is also posted. Finally, I am posting the same song but with humming by Asha preceding the song.

Here are these...
swarapriya
(Dilip) Leader (1964)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=1530

The above postings don't include these additional songs posted below. Please note that the extended version song "Tere Husn" given below is the original song ending with dance music that I am including separately as well. If you download the extended version song, you don't need to download the music clip.

Apparently there is one more song, "Deewaana Banaane Waale Bata" by Lata & Rafi Saab that is still missing. Requesting members to share this song if they can. Thanks.

Here are these songs, all from a DVD source...
Debopriyo
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 4 2011, 03:08 AM) *

(Dilip) Leader (1964)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory. They are available starting at the following location...

The above postings don't include these additional songs. Please note that the extended version song "Tere Husn" given below is the original song ending with dance music that I am including separately as well. If you download the extended version song, you don't need to download the music clip.

Apparently there is one more song, "Deewaana Banaane Waale Bata" by Lata & Rafi Saab that is still missing. Requesting members to share this song if they can. Thanks.

in earthmusic mentioned.. looking for this track
swarapriya
(Kishore) Chandan (1958)

Here are the songs from this album, except for the one shown in red italics in the table below. If you can, please kindly share this song. Thanks...
Debopriyo
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 11 2011, 04:07 AM) *

(Kishore) Chandan (1958)

Here are the songs from this album, except for the one shown in red italics in the table below. If you can, please kindly share this song. Thanks...

Chaahe Laakh Zamaanaa Roke, Yeh Duniyaa Toke Asha Bhosle Rajinder Krishan - 2:59 - 122kbps
Click to view attachment
swarapriya
QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Apr 10 2011, 08:23 PM) *

(Kishore) Chandan (1958)

Chaahe Laakh Zamaanaa Roke, Yeh Duniyaa Toke Asha Bhosle Rajinder Krishan - 2:59 - 122kbps
Click to view attachment

Thanks for the song, Debo. Cheers. -S
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Apr 4 2011, 10:14 AM) *

(Dilip) Leader (1964)

The above postings don't include these additional songs. Please note that the extended version song "Tere Husn" given below is the original song ending with dance music that I am including separately as well. If you download the extended version song, you don't need to download the music clip.

This is the first part of Daiya Re Daiya. Full song can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsvt1ikEC5M

Aditya
swarapriya
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Apr 11 2011, 03:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Apr 4 2011, 10:14 AM) *

(Dilip) Leader (1964)

This is the first part of Daiya Re Daiya. Full song can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsvt1ikEC5M

Aditya

Thanks for the pointer, Aditya. Cheers. -S
Rushin
QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Apr 11 2011, 08:53 AM) *

(Kishore) Chandan (1958)

Click to view attachment

Thanks Debo bhai.
swarapriya
(Dev) Insaniyat (1955)

Here is another one from Gemini Studios and the producer and director Vasan that was a huge hit. Even though it paired for the first time (and for the last time) Dilip and Dev in the same movie, it so happened that this pairing was not the real novelty of the film. Instead, there was a chimp in the movie that had a significant role and it stole the show from both of the thespians. Dilip was fine in his role but Dev was miscast in a swashbuckling role. He clearly was out of his element and the funny costumes he wore didn't do any good for his looks or demeanor. He looked almost like one of the stooges from the famous "Three Stooges" of Hollywood.

As usually is the case with most Gemini films, there are plenty of songs in this film. C. Ramchandra was at the helm of music. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Ramchandraji who was flying high during this period gave a very disappointing and forgettable score.

As usually the case with most of Gemini movies, this movie was based on the Telugu super hit, "Palletoori Pilla (1951)". Interestingly, the Telugu movie didn't have any monkey as its star. It was purely created for the Hindi version.

I am uploading all songs from the film in two back-to-back posts. These songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you all.

Here is a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Insaniyat (1955)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...
ketaki shukla
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 28 2011, 02:37 AM) *

I am uploading several specials in this post, all have to with the song "Teri Duniya Mein". A special version of this song by the great ghazal singer Jagjit Singh is included here. It is taken from his album "Close to My Heart". Lata's version of the same song from her album "Lata's Shraddhanjali-1" is also posted. Finally, I am posting the same song but with humming by Asha preceding the song.

Here are these...

Thanks Swarapriya

Ketaki
swarapriya
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Apr 18 2011, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 28 2011, 02:37 AM) *

Here are these...

Thanks Swarapriya

Ketaki

You're very welcome, Ketaki. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Dilip) Dil Diya Dard Liya (1966)

Here is another movie based on a famous English novel "Wuthering Heights" by Emile Bronte. It was published in 1847. The story tells passionate but thwarted tale of two ill-fated lovers. In 1939, famous Hollywood director William Wyler (of “Ben-Hur” among others) made this into an award winning popular movie with Merle Oberon and Sir Laurence Olivier. It was remade in 1992 with Juliette Binoche and Ralph Fiennes, but this time around the adaptation was tame.

When producer and director Kardar approached Dilipji with the story that he was thinking of making it into a movie, Dilip Saab at once took the story to the heart. He saw an opportunity as he immediately recognized that the complex character presented many challenges that demanded different skills as an actor. On one side as a silent lover the performance demanded much restraint. On the other side the villainous nature has to bring in from the actor subtle shades of grey. On another dimension, the role offered a chance to show pangs of pathos of a heart broken lover. All said and done, when the movie was made and released, a consummate actor he is, Dilip Saab pulls off all these different facets with much magnificence and élan.

It was rumored that Dilip Saab spent much time with Kardar Saab in developing his and the character played by Pran. As a result, this is one of those roles where Pran also gives an equally unforgettable performance.

Waheeda, the object of everyone's love interest in the story, was stunningly beautiful. As usually is the case with her, she exuded not only grace and charm but pulls off her role matching scene for scene with Dilip Saab.

There are some beautiful songs Naushadji created to the lyrics penned by Shakeel Saab. Listen closely to the solos by Rafi Saab. Especially the way Rafi Saab sings the songs, "Guzre Hain Aaj Ishq Mein" and "Koi Saagar Dil Ko". Only Rafi Saab can deliver such masterpieces. But my favorite happens to be the duet of Asha and Rafi Saab, "Saawan Aaye Ya Na Aaye". This is an absolutely sweet duet with Naushadji's imprint all over it.

I am uploading all songs from the original sound track album in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set …
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Dil Liya Dard Liya (1966)"...

yogihit
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 29 2009, 11:29 AM) *

(Dilip) Milan (1947)

This movie was also known as "Naukadubi". Here are the songs from this album, all by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you very much. I am not certain whether these are all of the songs from this album or not. If not so, requesting members to share the missing ones if any. Thank you.

Hello SP
can you please re-upload the album

Thanks in advance
swarapriya
(Dilip) Milan ("Naukadubi") (1947)

I am re-uploading songs from this album on request. These songs are all due to the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you.

Here are the songs...
swarapriya
(Kishore) Dilli ka Thug (1958)

This beautiful album has several zany as well as a few lovely songs. With Kshoreda in the lead, one can expect a fair share of typical zaniness. Most of the songs he sang for this film fit this pattern except for one. This one is the duet "Yeh Raaten Yeh Mausam". It is one of my favorite duets of Asha and Kishoreda. Asha has several lovely numbers of her own with "Yeh Bahaar Yeh Sama" taking the honors. Then Geetaji has her trademark song, "O Babu O Lala". When it comes to these type of songs nobody does it better than Geetaji.

I am uploading all these songs from an original soundtrack album in the first post. The second post contains few extended version songs, all thanks to the Forum members.

Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Dilli ka Thug (1958)"...

I am uploading few extended version songs from this album. These all were originally contributed by the members of this Forum. Thank you very much...
abhijoy
thanks swarapriya.....but the song "O bandariya" is from "Bombay Ka Chor(1962)"...

can u pls check...
swarapriya
QUOTE(abhijoy @ May 1 2011, 09:31 PM) *

thanks swarapriya.....but the song "O bandariya" is from "Bombay Ka Chor(1962)"...

can u pls check...

Thank you Gargi.

I double checked my database for both albums but I couldn't come up with the same conclusion you did. I will wait for someone else to come forward and settle this. Thanks. Cheers. -S

vasudev0409
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 2 2011, 01:04 PM) *

can u pls check...

Thank you Gargi.

I double checked my database for both albums but I couldn't come up with the same conclusion you did. I will wait for someone else to come forward and settle this. Thanks. Cheers. -S

Swarapriya,

O bandariya is certainly from Dilli ka Thug.I have this info from original CD CDF 120334 and
Hindi Film Geet Kosh.

regards,

vasudev
swarapriya
QUOTE(vasudev0409 @ May 2 2011, 11:59 AM) *

can u pls check...

Thank you Gargi.

Swarapriya,

O bandariya is certainly from Dilli ka Thug.I have this info from original CD CDF 120334 and
Hindi Film Geet Kosh.

regards,

vasudev

Thank you for authenticating this Vasudev. I happen to have both original CDs. Only thing is all my CDs were converted into MP3s many moons back and have been shelved. It is almost impossible for me to go back to check these to verify one way or another.

Thank you again.

Cheers,
S

Exon
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 3 2011, 01:04 AM) *

can u pls check...

Thank you Gargi.

Swarapriya,

Hindi Film Geet Kosh.

regards,

vasudev

Thank you for authenticating this Vasudev. I happen to have both original CDs. Only thing is all my CDs were converted into MP3s many moons back and have been shelved. It is almost impossible for me to go back to check these to verify one way or another.

Thank you again.

Cheers,
S

The song 'chal re ameeran ... o bandariya' was recorded for Dilli Ka Thug (1958); but wasn't used in Dilli Ka Thug. It was later used in Bambai Ka Chor (1962).

Exon
abhijoy
QUOTE(Exon @ May 3 2011, 04:27 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 3 2011, 01:04 AM) *

can u pls check...

Thank you Gargi.

Swarapriya,

Hindi Film Geet Kosh.

regards,

vasudev

Thank you again.

Cheers,
S

The song 'chal re ameeran ... o bandariya' was recorded for Dilli Ka Thug (1958); but wasn't used in Dilli Ka Thug. It was later used in Bambai Ka Chor (1962).

Exon

thanks exon ji for clarification.....

the song video can be found here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp0qIkhOt7g
swarapriya
QUOTE(Exon @ May 2 2011, 03:57 PM) *

Exon

Well, then the song belongs in both the places. I will leave the credits as they are because they both are correct. Thanks for the clarification, Exon.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
(Dev) Milap (1955)

This movie was first for both director Raj Khosla and its music director N. Dutta. The film was based on Frank Capra’s 1936 Hollywood classic, “Mr. Deed Goes to Town”, that starred Jean Arthur and Gary Cooper. The English version, considered a classic, was a multiple award winning film including the Best Director Oscar for Capra. However the Hindi version of the film flopped despite its good story, fine acting by the principles, rich lyrics, and beautifully well picturized catchy songs.

N. Dutta, who made his debut with this film, was an assistant to S.D. Burman. He also assisted other music directors before got his break. When he got the chance to provide music for this movie he jumped at the opportunity. Knowing the power of lyrics, and having worked with S.D. and seen the results before, Dutta insisted on Sahir Ludhianvi to write the lyrics. He had his wish granted by the producer. The result is that the songs have rich lyrics tuned to fine music resulting in several melodious songs. Even though the movie was a financial failure, Dutta went onto provide memorable music for many other movies, with Sahir Saab writing lyrics for a handful of them.

The first time director of “Milap”, Raj Khosla, was a good friend of Dev Anand, the movie's hero. Before turning to be a fulltime director, Raj assisted Guru Dutt, introduced to Guru by Dev himself, in some of the movies Guru directed. Even though “Milap” flopped, Khosla got another opportunity to direct the very next year for a Guru-produced film, “C.I.D.”, also starring Dev Anand. The film “C.I.D.” introduced Waheeda Rehman in a major role with scintillating music by O.P. Nayyar and went on to become a huge hit. This paved way for Raj to produce or direct many more blockbusters.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. There are some really good songs in this album. Geeta Dutt dominates with three beautiful solos and a duet with Rafi Saab. The song “Yeh Bahaaron Ka Sama”, sung individually by Lata and Hemantda, became a signature song of the movie. Our fellow member Venkat wrote earlier when these songs were posted sometime back that the mukhda of the duet “Bachna Zara” is identical to the mukhda tune of a Lata solo, “Tara Rara” from “Hoor-E-Arab (1955)”. The music for this film was composed by Ghulam Mohammed. Both of these 1955 movies, different music directors, and different songs with the same mukhda! Perhaps, it was an amazing coincidence.

Here are the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Milap (1955)"...

ShankarJaikishanFan
QUOTE(ShankarJaikishanFan @ May 2 2011, 12:48 PM) *

Thanks for all your uploads Swarapriya and fulfilling my earlier requests!

Could you re-upload Deedar, Daag, Tarana, Andaz, Arzoo and Aan?

THanks Swarapriya!
swarapriya
(Kishore) Raagini (1958)

Anyway you look at it, 1958 was a banner year for OP. He had “Howrah Bridge”, “Phagun”, “Raagini”, “Sone Ki Chidiya”, and “12 O'Clock” all released that year. Each of the movies had some of the finest musical creations of OP. It was an awesome display of talent and creativity with OP scaling new heights with every new movie. At this juncture in his career, only Shankar & Jaikishan could compete closely with OP. But they were a duo. OP was a one man show.

Ashok Kumar, besides starring in the movie also produced it. It also starred Kishore, his younger brother, and Padmini, second of the three Travancore sisters. Later Ashok produced another movie, “Kalpana” in 1968 that also starred Padmini and her younger sister Ragini. It also had some of the finest music composed by OP.

One of the distinguishing features of this film is that OP used Rafi Saab for Kishore’s voice for one song. The song “Mann Mora Baawra” is a classic Rafi with a great musical composition by OP to fine lyrics of Jan Nisar Akhtar Saab. Of course, like any of the movies of OP, this album is dominated by Asha. There are 12 songs in this album with four solos by Asha and five duets (four with Kishoreda and one with Geetaji). Every song from this album became a huge hit. Thanks to its music, the movie also became a success.

The movie also features a song, a duet by Amanat Ali and Fateh Ali. Apparently, Fateh Ali Saab is none other than the father of the great qawwali and Sufi singer, late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. These include a couple of extended version songs. Here are the details of the songs in the first post of "Raagini (1958)" and the songs themselves...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Raagini (1958)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this OP's endearingly classic beauty...
Faraaj73
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 15 2011, 07:44 AM) *

(Kishore) Raagini (1958)

The movie also features a song, a duet by Amanat Ali and Fateh Ali. Apparently, Fateh Ali Saab is none other than the father of the great qawwali and Sufi singer, late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

Hi Swarapriya

A small correction: there are two Fateh Ali Khan's. One - Nusrat's father - was a Qawwal from present day Faisalabad who passed away decades ago. The other Fateh Ali Khan, sang classical Jugulbandi's such as the one you've uploaded with his younger brother Amanat Ali Khan.

Fateh Ali Khan is still alive and in good health. He lives in my hometown Islamabad and I had the honour of spending an evening with him about 2 years back courtesy my fathers patronage of a musical society in Islamabad that often invites Ustad Sahab to musical evenings. Khan Saab sang a few classical pieces that evening and told us a few anecdotes. An interesting one relates to why his brother Amanat Ali Khan sang a handful of Ghazals such as Honton Pe Kabhi Unke Mera Naam and Aye Mere Pyare Watan Pak Watan. Apparently he met Mehdi Hassan at a party and couldn't tolerate his boasting about his Ghazal singing abilities and decided to teach him a lesson by singing in the form Mehdi Hassan was so acclaimed in. Fateh Ali tried unsuccessfully to dissuade his brother from singing in a form he considered beneath his stature. The two ghazals I mentioned are both eternal classics.

I can tell you, sitting less than a metre away from a great classical singer and hearing him sing makes your hair stand on end!
swarapriya
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ May 14 2011, 06:24 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 15 2011, 07:44 AM) *

(Kishore) Raagini (1958)

Hi Swarapriya

A small correction: there are two Fateh Ali Khan's. One - Nusrat's father - was a Qawwal from present day Faisalabad who passed away decades ago. The other Fateh Ali Khan, sang classical Jugulbandi's such as the one you've uploaded with his younger brother Amanat Ali Khan.

Fateh Ali Khan is still alive and in good health. He lives in my hometown Islamabad and I had the honour of spending an evening with him about 2 years back courtesy my fathers patronage of a musical society in Islamabad that often invites Ustad Sahab to musical evenings. Khan Saab sang a few classical pieces that evening and told us a few anecdotes. An interesting one relates to why his brother Amanat Ali Khan sang a handful of Ghazals such as Honton Pe Kabhi Unke Mera Naam and Aye Mere Pyare Watan Pak Watan. Apparently he met Mehdi Hassan at a party and couldn't tolerate his boasting about his Ghazal singing abilities and decided to teach him a lesson by singing in the form Mehdi Hassan was so acclaimed in. Fateh Ali tried unsuccessfully to dissuade his brother from singing in a form he considered beneath his stature. The two ghazals I mentioned are both eternal classics.

I can tell you, sitting less than a metre away from a great classical singer and hearing him sing makes your hair stand on end!

My Dear Faraaj,

What a great story. Aren't you the blessed one to have the privilege of listening to these legends live? You seem to come from a rich musical heritage yourself. It is so wonderful of you to share these small cherished moments. These are the type of things I like to treasure them away in the folds of my own heart.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to share such a private experience.

Love it.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

ShankarJaikishanFan
QUOTE(ShankarJaikishanFan @ May 2 2011, 12:48 PM) *

Thanks for all your uploads Swarapriya and fulfilling my earlier requests!

Could you re-upload Deedar, Daag, Tarana, Andaz, Arzoo and Aan?

Hai, could you share these?
swarapriya
(Dilip) Ram Aur Shyam (1967)

"Gunga Jumna (1961)" was the last major hit Dilip Saab enjoyed until the release of "Ram Aur Shyam" in1967. With the huge money spent on it, "Leader (1964)" could barely garner its investment back. "Dil Diya Dard Liya (1966)" met a similar fate. Ironically music by Naushadji was outstanding for both of these movies. Probably the commercial failure of these films, an unfamiliar ground for the magnificent maestro, must have been irking in Naushadji’s mind when he was asked to compose the music for "Ram Aur Shyam". There are a couple of hummable songs in this film but by and large this is not one of the stellar efforts of Naushadji. He has set the bar so high that even with a couple of good songs there is a feeling that it could have been easily better.

This movie was first made in Telugu. Its name was "Ramudu Bheemudu (1964)". It was a huge hit. Later it was remade in Tamil with equal success. When Dilipji was approached to play not one but two roles of twin brothers in the movie, he jumped at the opportunity to play a dual role. This was a first in his richly illustrious career.

Incidentally, Vyjayanti Mala was originally cast to play one of the heroines in the movie. Two weeks of the movie also was in the can. By this time Vyjayanti Mala drifted away from Dilipji and firmly entrenched in Raj Kapoor's camp, even though she made only two movies with him (“Nazrana (1961)” and “Sangam (1964)”). This irritated Dilip Saab to no end and he was in no mood to work with her as his costar. It was difficult to work for all those involved given the reality of the situation. The production was dragging under this cloud. Vyjayanti Mala was replaced almost immediately by Waheeda Rehman and the production went without a hitch afterwards.

Many film observers and critics believe that this was the movie that finally established Mumtaz as a full-fledged and bankable star even though she had many earlier successes in supporting roles and as heroine to Dara Singh in several of his films. This was long time coming and she richly deserved the break. Interestingly neither Mumtaz nor Waheeda had much of a role in the film. It was all Dilipji from the beginning to the end.

This is another movie which fetched Dilip Saab the Best Actor Award from Filmfare. It was almost a routine thing to expect his winning these awards if he appeared in a movie. This movie also inspired later "Seeta Aur Geeta (1972)" with roles of twin brothers switched to twin sisters. These roles were played by Hema Malini that also fetched her the Best Actress Award from Filmfare. Salim and Javed took the credit for the story even though it was not their original idea.

Here are the details of the songs from an original soundtrack album of "Ram Aur Shyam" and the songs themselves...
krisleo
Thank you very much for the numbers.

Regards,
Krisleo
swarapriya
(Dev) Munimji (1955)

“Munimji” in many respects was a breakaway movie. Its storyline and many scenes from the movie formed a template for other successful future movies which more or less copied the same pattern. The movie was produced by Filmistan (headed by Shashidhar Mukherjee, also known as S. Mukherjee - father of actor Joy Mukherjee), the studio that was responsible for so many money spinning musicals. It was directed by Subodh Mukherjee, younger brother of Shashidhar, a first for him. Subodh always wanted to make a movie along similar storyline ideas. Instead he ended up directing “Munimji.” Writing duties were handled by Nasir Hussain, a future famous producer and director himself who churned out several successful musicals to his credit. Nasir and Subodh collaborated in writing the screenplay. The dialogues were written by Nasir and Qamar Jalalabadi. Interestingly, Jalalabadi who was a renowned lyricist himself didn't write any songs for this movie.

Dev's portrayal in the movie was full of light-hearted fun and he walked through his role in gay abandonment. He was nominated in the Best Actor Filmfare Award category, but lost to Dilip Kumar (for “Azaad”) in apparently a very close vote. Nirupa Roy who played Dev's mother won the Best Supporting Actress Filmfare Award. In years, apparently, Roy was younger to Dev in real life!

Interestingly, Nasir Hussain practically took the same story idea and made three other money spinners in "Tumsa Nahin Dekha (1957)," "Dil Deke Dekho (1959)," and "Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai (1960)" all major musical blockbusters.

The songs of "Munimji" are simply superb. I have so many personal favorites in this movie. These include both versions of the song “Jeevan Ke Safar”, especially the solo version by Kishoreda. Just awesome. Another one of my favorites is the triplet by Geetaji, Hemantda, and Thakur, the song “Dil Ki Umangen”. An unforgettable song that is absolute fun to listen to with both Geetaji and Hemantda at their teasingly pleasing best. I read in this Forum that Thakur who is the co-singer of this song is none other than the great veteran actor Pran himself.

It is noteworthy that Burman Da did not have Sahir write all the songs, though he wrote most of them. Their collaborations in all of the previous movies enjoyed unprecedented and phenomenal success. But the song writing duties for this film were split between Sahir and Shailendra.

I am uploading these songs in back-to-back two posts. Here are the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Munimji (1955)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album including a special version of "Jeevan Ke Safar" with an introduction by the great ghazal singer, Jagjit Singh...
ShankarJaikishanFan
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...pid=663356&

(Dilip) Aadmi (1968)

IPB Image

First three songs...
ShankarJaikishanFan
(Dilip) Aadmi (1968)
Next three songs..
ShankarJaikishanFan
(Dilip) Aadmi (1968)

Final song.
ShankarJaikishanFan
Swarapriyaji, could you re-upload Deedar, Daag, Tarana, Andaz, Arzoo and Aan?
hemdutt
QUOTE(ShankarJaikishanFan @ Jun 2 2011, 12:51 PM) *
Swarapriyaji, could you re-upload Deedar, Daag, Tarana, Andaz, Arzoo and Aan?

Deedar

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
hemdutt
Swarapriyaji, you have started a great topic. I have joined late & missed a lot of action hear. can I upload some from my side & contribute to the community? sorry that i posted some without your permission.

thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.