Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Three Of A Kind
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
swarapriya
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jan 23 2010, 07:34 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 24 2010, 12:14 AM) *

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jan 23 2010, 07:20 AM) *

Abhay, there is one more instance that comes to my mind and that was in 1951. In Jhukti Hai Duniya from Sagai, Lata pronounces Begum as begham (implying "without sorrow"), not once but twice.

SP, in Lata's own words, it was Mohd. Shafi who put her in touch with a Maulana who tutored her in Urdu. This happened after the (in)famous daal-bhaat incident with Dilip Kumar during the making of Andaz.

Aditya

Aditya, I'm not familiar with the daal-bhaat incident you're referring to here. Can you please illuminate? Thanks a lot. Cheers. -S

SP, you can read about this incident here:

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/10118/...hank-dilip.html

Aditya

That sure was an interesting read. Thank you. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Kishore) Dhobi Doctor (1954)

Here is Khayyam Saab's beautiful album. The missing song, shown in red italics in the table below, is apparently by Kishoreda. I was advised in an earlier posting that this one is very hard to get. But I am convinced that someone out there from our Forum or a friend of the members may have the song. I am appealing to good hearts to share this song if thry can. Many many thanks.

Now for the songs from this album ...
debjyoti
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 28 2010, 03:04 AM) *

(Kishore) Dhobi Doctor (1954)

Here is Khayyam Saab's beautiful album. The missing song, shown in red italics in the table below, is apparently by Kishoreda. I was advised in an earlier posting that this one is very hard to get. But I am convinced that someone out there from our Forum or a friend of the members may have the song. I am appealing to good hearts to share this song if thry can. Many many thanks.

Now for the songs from this album ...

Yes chandni raaton mein is sung by Kishoreda.
swarapriya
(Dev) Dilruba (1950)

Here is a festival of songs of Geetaji. This album boasts 10 songs and Geetaji stars in eight of them; six sweet solos and two delightful duets. In solos you see her vibrantly melodious voice paint quivering pathos in a couple of them, pleading for her lover in another, romantic rave in a couple more, and philosophical about life in another.

I am uploading these songs in back-to-back two posts. All these songs are by the courtesy of our Forum member Mirsaji. Thank you very much for the songs, Mirsaji.

Here is the first set of songs, all six solos of Geetaji ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs of "Dilruba (1950)" ...

Here are rest of the songs from this album, all previously uploaded by Mirsaji, thank you ...
swarapriya
(Dilip) Arzoo (1950)

I am uploading songs from this album in back-to-back two posts. It appears that I may be missing two songs shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, please share these songs. Thank you.

Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs of "Arzoo (1950)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album including Talat's great song "Aye Dil Mujhe Aisi Jagah Le Chal". By the way, the music director Anilda also gets into the act by singining a song here ...
Exon
SP,

Thanks a lot for Arzoo songs; I was missing a few songs.

Exon
akbaralibhai
Thank you very much Swarapriya for Arzoo songs, which has one of my favourites, Aye Dil Mujhe Aisi Jagha.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Exon @ Mar 3 2010, 05:36 PM) *

SP,

Thanks a lot for Arzoo songs; I was missing a few songs.

Exon

Sure thing, Exon. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Mar 3 2010, 07:54 PM) *

Thank you very much Swarapriya for Arzoo songs, which has one of my favourites, Aye Dil Mujhe Aisi Jagha.

This song also is one of my favorites of Talat Saab. Cheers. -S

suhana_safar
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 19 2010, 07:47 AM) *

(Dev) Birha Ki Raat (1950)

There are some great songs in this album. I am uploading these below, all by the courtesy of the Forum members ...

Bahut purdadrd hain...wah , wah kya gaan hai, another beauty by the emperor of playback singing biggrin.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Mar 6 2010, 09:02 PM) *

(Dev) Birha Ki Raat (1950)

Bahut purdadrd hain...wah , wah kya gaan hai, another beauty by the emperor of playback singing biggrin.gif

Rafi Saab is undoubtedly a master when it comes to these type of songs. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Kishore) Miss Mala (1954)

Here is a beautiful album from Chitraguptji. Among others this album boasts three melodious duets of Geetaji and Kishoreda. Here are these and other songs from this album ...
swarapriya
(Dev) Hindustan Hamara (1950)

I don't have a single song from this album. Requesting members to share any songs they can. Thank you.
swarapriya
(Dilip) Babul (1950)

Songs from this film are still active in the "Three Reigning Queens" thread in the "Sangeet Ke Sitarey" section. You can access these songs from the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...1503&st=302

swarapriya
(Kishore) Naukri (1954)

Bimalda tackled so many socially relevant issues in his movies that most of his films stand as towering pillars of Indian cinema. He was brilliant. He was a genius. He was insightful. He was relevant. Take this movie, for example. It tackles the issue of unemployment. This was in 1954. The subject is still very relevant even today. Bimalda tackles this social evil, or malaise, in such a sensitive way that you cannot help but love for his deep insights into the human psyche. Here he has Kishoreda as his actor. In the hands of Bimalda, Kishore comes through as one of the sensitive and restrained performers. The pathos, the pensiveness, the gloom, the helplessness, yet the ray of hope, hope for a better tomorrow - all these moods and shades of life Kishoreda brings in brilliantly.

This movie also introduced Mahmood in a bit role.

Salilda was skeptical about Kishoreda's singing abilities. He initially dismissed him as a singer because Kishoreda had no formal training in music or singing. But after taking a couple of trial tests, Salilda was impressed enough that he let him sing the song "Chhota Sa Ghar Hoga". Salilda originally had Hemantda in mind to sing this song, but instead settled on Kishoreda. Hemantda does sing an abbreviated version of this song. Kishore's song almost starts like yodelling with "Aa Airey Aa Airey" and picks up with a beautiful rhythm. An absolute beauty.

Kishoreda also sings a couple of other beauties. One is "Arji Hamaari" which starts like a dialogue and transforms into a beautiful song. Then the other one is the song "Ek Chhoti Si Naukri" that Kishoreda sang with Shankar Dasgupta and Shyam Mitra.

Then there is another beautiful song by Geetaji, "Jhoome Re". In Geetaji's beatifully stylized distinctive sweet voice, one can feel the pleasures of the first flush of love. A real lovely.

Here are the songs ...
Sukesh Hoogan
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 18 2010, 12:25 AM) *

(Kishore) Naukri (1954)

Bimalda tackled so many socially relevant issues in his movies that most of his films stand as towering pillars of Indian cinema. He was brilliant. He was a genius. He was insightful. He was relevant. Take this movie, for example. It tackles the issue of unemployment. This was in 1954. The subject is still very relevant even today. Bimalda tackles this social evil, or malaise, in such a sensitive way that you cannot help but love for his deep insights into the human psyche. Here he has Kishoreda as his actor. In the hands of Bimalda, Kishore comes through as one of the sensitive and restrained performers. The pathos, the pensiveness, the gloom, the helplessness, yet the ray of hope, hope for a better tomorrow - all these moods and shades of life Kishoreda brings in brilliantly.

This movie also introduced Mahmood in a bit role.

Salilda was skeptical about Kishoreda's singing abilities. He initially dismissed him as a singer because Kishoreda had no formal training in music or singing. But after taking a couple of trial tests, Salida was impressed enough that he let him sing the song "Chhota Sa Ghar Hoga". Salilda originally had Hemantda in mind to sing this song, but instead settled on Kishoreda. Hemantda does sing an abbreviated version of this song. Kishore's song almost starts like yodelling with "Aa Airey Aa Airey" and picks up with a beautiful rhythm. An absolute beauty.

Kishoreda also sings a couple of other beauties. One is "Arji Hamaari" which starts like a dialogue and transforms into a beautiful song. Then the other one is the song "Ek Chhoti Si Naukri" that Kishoreda sang with Shankar Dasgupta and Shyam Mitra.

Then there is another beautiful song by Geetaji, "Jhoome Re". In Geetaji's beatifully stylized distinctive sweet voice, one can feel the pleasures of the first flush of love. A real lovely.

Here are the songs ...

The female voice in 'chhoTaa saa ghar hogaa' is of Shaila Belle and not Usha Mangeshkar

Regards
Sukesh
swarapriya
QUOTE(Sukesh Hoogan @ Mar 17 2010, 01:44 PM) *

The female voice in 'chhoTaa saa ghar hogaa' is of Shaila Belle and not Usha Mangeshkar

Regards
Sukesh

Sukeshji, I made changes to the table to reflect your recommendation. Thanks. -S

swarapriya
(Dev) Khel (1950)

Songs from this album are still active and available in the "Three Reigning Queens" thread in the "Sangeet Ke Sitarey" section. These can be accessed at the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...1503&st=374

swarapriya
(Dilip) Jogan (1950)

Songs from this album are still active in the "Three Reiging Queens" thread in this section. You can access them at the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...1503&st=360
swarapriya
(Kishore) Teen Tasveerein (1954)

I don't have a single song from this album. Please kindly share if you have any. Thanks.
Erum Hashmi
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 24 2010, 01:03 AM) *

I don't have a single song from this album. Please kindly share if you have any. Thanks.

I think, Kishore Kumar didn't worked in this film as the actors were, Anil Kishore & Kumar
swarapriya
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Mar 25 2010, 11:41 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 24 2010, 01:03 AM) *

I think, Kishore Kumar didn't worked in this film as the actors were, Anil Kishore & Kumar

That figures. No wonder we are not able to come up with these supposedly Kishore-starrer film songs. Appreciate giving the information, Erum. Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
(Madhubala) Madhubala (1950)

Here are the songs from this fine album. All were contributed by the Forum members. I have included the names of the contributors where I made a note of it when I downloaded them. Nevertheless my many thanks to all of the contributirs whether named or not.

It appears like I may be missing three songs shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, please kindly share these songs.

Now for the songs ...
debjyoti
In the filmography of the book Kishore Kumar The Many Faces of a Genius by Nerurkar it is written that Kishoreda had worked in the film Teen Tasveerein but he had not sung any song in this film.
swarapriya
QUOTE(debjyoti @ Mar 28 2010, 01:20 AM) *

In the filmography of the book Kishore Kumar The Many Faces of a Genius by Nerurkar it is written that Kishoreda had worked in the film Teen Tasveerein but he had not sung any song in this film.

Thanks for the informmation, Deb. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Dilip) Deedar (1951)

Songs from this album are still active and available in the "Three Reigning Queens" thread in this directory. You can access these songs from the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...pid=652162&
swarapriya
(Kishore) Baap Re Baap (1955)

This album has two music directors; C. Ramchandra and O.P. Nayyar. I am not sure how this came about. There are 11 songs in it. Ramchandra composed three songs and OP the rest. It is just Asha, Asha, and more Asha in these songs. She sings 10 of 11, eight solos and two duets. The other song is a solo by Kishoreda. This album boasts one of the very popular duets of Asha and Kishore in "Piya Piya". A lovely composition by OP.

I am uploading these songs in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs of "Baap Re Baap (1955)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album. I am also posting a special version of the song "Piya Piya Piya" with an introduction by Asha Bhosle where she talks about how Kishoreda's funny antics during rehearsals sometimes made it so difficult to sing. This is taken from the album "Legends: Kishore Kumar - The Versatile Genius (CD 1)".

Now for the songs ...
swarapriya
(Dev) Nili (1950)

Here is another movie by the romantic pair of Suraiya & Dev Anand. Suraiya dominates the songs by singing seven out of nine. All these songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you.

Now for the songs ...
swarapriya
(Dilip) Hulchul (1951)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Three Reigning Queens" thread in this same directory. They are still active and can be accessed from the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...1503&st=447

HarshBhatt
Swarapriya,

This thread added on Wikipedia

Check these Links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dev_Anand

Click 'Dev Anand Movies' under External Links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilip_Kumar

Click 'Dilip Kumar Movies' under External Links

Keep on Rocking

smile.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ Apr 13 2010, 08:07 PM) *

Swarapriya,

This thread added on Wikipedia

Check these Links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dev_Anand

Click 'Dev Anand Movies' under External Links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilip_Kumar

Click 'Dilip Kumar Movies' under External Links

Keep on Rocking

smile.gif

Thank you very much Harshji for this wonderful gesture. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Kishore) Bhagawat Mahima (1955)

I have only a couple of songs from this album that I am uploading here. These came from different CD collections. It appears that there may be as many as another eight songs in this album. I am requesting the Forum members to share these missing songs if they can. Thank you.

Here are the two songs ...
rpnawani
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 15 2010, 03:18 AM) *

I have only a couple of songs from this album that I am uploading here. These came from different CD collections. It appears that there may be as many as another eight songs in this album. I am requesting the Forum members to share these missing songs if they can. Thank you.

Swarapriya, I have 3 more songs, sung by Hemant Kumar, courtesy HF. The sound quality is below average.

1. Bhajman Narayan Narayan 96 kbps/2.16 min
Click to view attachment

2. Aas nirash ke rango se 96 kbps/3.28 min
Click to view attachment

3, Jai janani jai bharti 96 kbps/3.14 min
Click to view attachment

rpnawani
Krishna
Hereby the complete list of the same film:

Soundtracks sung by respective singers are:
1 aankhon aankhon mein jinse ishaare hue : Asha Bhonsle
2 aayi aayi re suhaani ghadi : Asha Bhonsle
3 bhaagwat bhagwaan ki hai aarti : Hemant Kumar
4 bhan man naaraayan bhaj man naaraayan : Hemant Kumar
5 bholi bhali main : Asha Bhonsle
6 duniya ka mandir chhod ke : Asha Bhonsle
7 har dukh ka savera hai par shaam nahin hai : Geeta Dutt
8 isi bhaanti sansaar : Hemant Kumar
9 jay janani jay bharti : Hemant Kumar
10 om japaakusum sankaansh digant naath devta : Hemant Kumar

Missing song :
number: 2,5,6,7
swarapriya
QUOTE(rpnawani @ Apr 14 2010, 07:57 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 15 2010, 03:18 AM) *

Swarapriya, I have 3 more songs, sung by Hemant Kumar, courtesy HF. The sound quality is below average.

1. Bhajman Narayan Narayan 96 kbps/2.16 min

2. Aas nirash ke rango se 96 kbps/3.28 min

3, Jai janani jai bharti 96 kbps/3.14 min

rpnawani

Thank you very much RP, for sharing these songs with us. Cheers. -S

swarapriya
(Dev) Nirala (1950)

Dev was teamed up with beautiful Madhubala in this movie. It has some very good songs. C. Ramchandra and the lyricist P.L. Santoshi, whenever they got togeter, they produced some beautiful songs. They worked together in at least 10 movies I am aware of. "Nirala", "Namoona", "Sargam", "Shehnai" are some of these movies.

I am uploading the songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. In the first post I am including a specail, where Lata gives an introduction in praise of C. Ramchandra. This song, "Mehfil Mein Jal Uthi Shama" is taken from her album, "Lata in Her Own Voice-1". Otherwise, most of the songs were contributed by the Forum members. Thank you.

Now for the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Nirala (1950)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album. One of the song was contributed by Adiya and another was by Kamala. My thanks to both of them ...
Himanshu4u84
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 1 2010, 12:59 AM) *

Concluding Songs of "Baap Re Baap (1955)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album. I am also posting a special version of the song "Piya Piya Piya" with an introduction by Asha Bhosle where she talks about how Kishoreda's funny antics during rehearsals sometimes made it so difficult to sing. This is taken from the album "Legends: Kishore Kumar - The Versatile Genius (CD 1)".

Now for the songs ...

Thanks

I am uploading a Revival Songs from this Album

Piya Piya Piya Mora Jiya Pukaare (Revival) / 6.45 MB, Format - mp3, Duration 00:03:11 , 320 Kbps (Sorry for high bitrate ,as its sound quality is so good that i don't want to lower it)

Info is same as above

Thanks
swarapriya
(Dilip) Tarana (1951)

Here is a beautiful musical composition from Anil Biswas. The songs in this movie reflect the moods of the lead pair, Madhubala & Dilip. There was budding romance between these two and it can be easily seen how it displays on the screen when these two are together. Madhubala never looked this prettier, lighting up the screen with her sensously infectious smile. Dilip never looked this easy going in any roles he played. Their real life romance permeates the on screen presence and it is refreshing to see them together in all its moods of a beautiful romance.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Tarana (1951)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album ...
romesh
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 28 2010, 10:34 AM) *

Here are the songs from this fine album. All were contributed by the Forum members. I have included the names of the contributors where I made a note of it when I downloaded them. Nevertheless my many thanks to all of the contributirs whether named or not.

It appears like I may be missing three songs shown in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case, please kindly share these songs.

Now for the songs ...

dear SP

here is one of the missing songs from this film

nai jawani rut mastani--------g m durrani---2.59mts 192kbps

Click to view attachment

quote=romesh
swarapriya
QUOTE(romesh @ Apr 23 2010, 10:06 AM) *

dear SP

quote=romesh

Thank you very much Romesh for the song. Cheers. -S
Exon
QUOTE(romesh @ Apr 23 2010, 10:36 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Mar 28 2010, 10:34 AM) *

Now for the songs ...

dear SP

Click to view attachment

Romesh,

Thanks for this rare song.

Exon
swarapriya
(Kishore) Char Paise (1955)

I am not sure who this music director B.D. Burman is. Did he give music to any other movies besides this one? Is he realted to the legendary Burmans? If someone knows more, please enlighten. Thanks.

Irrespective of who this music director is, this album has some nice songs by Lata. Of her four solos, I like three of them. Only weak song by Lata is "Tere Liye". Kishore has only one song, but it is just a routine song for him. Also, Asha's song is not that bad either.

Here are these songs ...
Faraaj73
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 28 2010, 04:04 PM) *

I am not sure who this music director B.D. Burman is. Did he give music to any other movies besides this one? Is he realted to the legendary Burmans? If someone knows more, please enlighten. Thanks.

Irrespective of who this music director is, this album has some nice songs by Lata. Of her four solos, I like three of them. Only weak song by Lata is "Tere Liye". Kishore has only one song, but it is just a routine song for him. Also, Asha's song is not that bad either.

Here are these songs ...

I too don't know anything about this MD, except that he was the MD for this film. But, per my record, his name is V D Varmaan...
swarapriya
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Apr 28 2010, 03:32 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 28 2010, 04:04 PM) *

Here are these songs ...

I too don't know anything about this MD, except that he was the MD for this film. But, per my record, his name is V D Varmaan...

May be someone else can illuminate on this if they have any information about this.
swarapriya
(Dev) Aaraam (1951)

Here is one of the finest albums by Anilda. Almost every song is a real beauty. All of the songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you.

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.