Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Song Seems Copied?!
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
maverick
Dear all,

The song "Tu Jo Nahin Hain To"- Glenn John- Pritam- WOH LAMHE (2006) sounds like sm old hindi song??!! The closest resemblance if of "Tumhi Mere Mandir"-Lata-KHANDAN-Ravi...

Does it ring true? Or am I dreaming alone?!

Ever the "Dil Ko Hazar Baar Roka Roka"-Alisha Chinoy- MURDER (2004)-ANU MALIK also sounds like sm old song.. but I am sorry I cudn't identify any particular song from which it might hv been copied..

However the fantastic "Mujhe Raat Din"-Sonu Nigam-Jatin Lalit- SHANGURSH (1999) has been straight away lifted from "Mujhe Dekhakar Aap Ka Muskurana"-Rafi- EK MUSAFIR EK HASEENA (1962)- OP Nayyar.. Hain Na?

Regards
Maverick
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(maverick @ Oct 25 2009, 10:58 AM) *

Dear all,

The song "Tu Jo Nahin Hain To"- Glenn John- Pritam- WOH LAMHE (2006) sounds like sm old hindi song??!! The closest resemblance if of "Tumhi Mere Mandir"-Lata-KHANDAN-Ravi...

Ever the "Dil Ko Hazar Baar Roka Roka"-Alisha Chinoy- MURDER (2004)-ANU MALIK also sounds like sm old song.. but I am sorry I cudn't identify any particular song from which it might hv been copied..

However the fantastic "Mujhe Raat Din"-Sonu Nigam-Jatin Lalit- SHANGURSH (1999) has been straight away lifted from "Mujhe Dekhakar Aap Ka Muskurana"-Rafi- EK MUSAFIR EK HASEENA (1962)- OP Nayyar.. Hain Na?

Regards
Maverick

Tu Jo Nahin hai was copied from an old Pakistani film song sung by S. B John, who incidentally was Glenn John's father.

I don't think Dil Ko Hazar Bar Roka was copied, but it was clearly done in the style of club songs in films of the 50s and 60s.

Yes, Mujhe Raat Din was heavily "inspired" by the EMEH song.

Aditya
maverick
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Oct 25 2009, 11:21 AM) *

QUOTE(maverick @ Oct 25 2009, 10:58 AM) *

Dear all,

Regards
Maverick

Tu Jo Nahin hai was copied from an old Pakistani film song sung by S. B John, who incidentally was Glenn John's father.

I don't think Dil Ko Hazar Bar Roka was copied, but it was clearly done in the style of club songs in films of the 50s and 60s.

Yes, Mujhe Raat Din was heavily "inspired" by the EMEH song.

Aditya

Thanks Aaditya for yr reply.. nice insights..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.