Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help...
Hamara Forums > Legends > Kishore Kumar
mmuk2004
Guys

Will be hitting India in a couple of weeks (Bombay and Calcutta). Any suggestions about how to go about getting hard to get songs? (People to contact, stores etc.). I am interested in getting RDB compositions in particular.

Thanks
Madhavi
imjagdish
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Feb 10 2005, 11:24 PM)
Guys

Will be hitting India in a couple of weeks (Bombay and Calcutta). Any suggestions about how to go about getting hard to get songs? (People to contact, stores etc.).  I am interested in getting RDB compositions in particular.

Thanks
Madhavi

Hey,
One store that comes to my mind is Rhythm House (fountain/ VT i guess)- Bombay. I have frequented this place when in India. They have some good stuff (atleast 4 yrs back they had...worth a try)
shaibaal
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Feb 10 2005, 12:54 PM)
Guys

Will be hitting India in a couple of weeks (Bombay and Calcutta). Any suggestions about how to go about getting hard to get songs? (People to contact, stores etc.).  I am interested in getting RDB compositions in particular.

Thanks
Madhavi

I am told there is a place called Music Kitchen in Kolkata (I haven't had a chance to visit this particular place myself) which only sells RDB. I will make a few enquiries and try to get more details about the exact location. Meanwhile Music World on Park Street has a very good collection. Good luck,
Shaibaal.
mmuk2004
Thanks imjagdish and Shaibaal

Will definitely try my luck at these places.

Madhavi
sauptik
Where is Music Kitchen in Kolkata. I will be reaching Kol in March. Would love to go the kitchen for some excellent RDB collection.
jayant
Hi All,
In Cal dn't even venture in2 the stores like music world or planet m if u r really looking for some good rdb or kk collection.For regular stuff which r released in the past one year or so they do hv all the collection but nothing more than it.If u wish 2 venture the super stores only I wld suggest 2 go 2 landmark or crosswords which has a better collection of something uncommon...reason being not much fans flock there & the remix crowd is less there.
But if u r truly looking for some rare gems 2 b added in ur list of collections sorry frnds neither of these super stores r good enough 2 help u out.Then u need 2 venture out 2 the obscure shops in & around cal.There r plenty.1 is in gangulybagan,1 is in dhakuria,1 is in bhowanipur(thnks 2 archie for informing me abt this), 1 is in college street,2 r in gariahat itself & plenty more.Here u get the rarest of rare albums.Yesterday frm 1 of these obscure places only i bought 8 casettes of GRAMAPHONE company(the company no more exists which is ex hmv)....the collections r anokha pancham,sapne apne apne,jalta hai jiya which r all compilations & they r like treasures.
Now if u guys r looking for recordings then there is this guy called BEERU in gariahat junction who has the best of rdb & kk collection but he will take some time in completing the recording for u.Any1 interested can refer my name there as I am a customer of his for donkeys years & his recordings r stupenduous.Other than this there r few more places which we can help u guys out when u come down 2 cal if u need the help.

In Mumbai there is this chandni market where u get all the aholesale stuff.There u get all the rare albums.I forgot the name of the mkt.Mayb the mumbai guys can help in giving out the name.

Big shops r a strict no no if u wish 2 get rare collection...speaking frm my experience though.
js
jayant
Bhai music kitchen where it is?
js
QUOTE(sauptik @ Feb 11 2005, 09:59 AM)
Where is Music Kitchen in Kolkata. I will be reaching Kol in March. Would love to go the kitchen for some excellent RDB collection.

mmuk2004
Thanks Jayant

I really appreciate the kind of detailed information you have given me. I will also be in Kolkata in March. I will be staying in Gariahat, so once I am there, I will certainly ask you for more information about the store there and this guy Beeru.

bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif

Madhavi
hari
There's also a good music store in Mumbai, Planet M.

Its in a big shoppers mall, I think at the crossroads.
mmuk2004
QUOTE(jayant @ Feb 10 2005, 11:06 PM)
Hi All,
In Cal dn't even venture in2 the stores like music world or planet m if u r really looking for some good rdb or kk collection.For regular stuff which r released in the past one year or so they do hv all the collection but nothing more than it.If u wish 2 venture the super stores only I wld suggest 2 go 2 landmark or crosswords which has a better collection of something uncommon...reason being not much fans flock there & the remix crowd is less there.
But if u r truly looking for some rare gems 2 b added in ur list of collections sorry frnds neither of these super stores r good enough 2 help u out.Then u need 2 venture out 2 the obscure shops in & around cal.There r plenty.1 is in gangulybagan,1 is in dhakuria,1 is in bhowanipur(thnks 2 archie for informing me abt this), 1 is in college street,2 r in gariahat itself & plenty more.Here u get the rarest of rare albums.Yesterday frm 1 of these obscure places only i bought 8 casettes of GRAMAPHONE company(the company no more exists which is ex hmv)....the collections r anokha pancham,sapne apne apne,jalta hai jiya which r all compilations & they r like treasures.
Now if u guys r looking for recordings then there is this guy called BEERU in gariahat junction who has the best of rdb & kk collection but he will take some time in completing the recording for u.Any1 interested can refer my name there as I am a customer of his for donkeys years & his recordings r stupenduous.Other than this there r few more places which we can help u guys out when u come down 2 cal if u need the help.

In Mumbai there is this chandni market where u get all the aholesale stuff.There u get all the rare albums.I forgot the name of the mkt.Mayb the mumbai guys can help in giving out the name.

Big shops r a strict no no if u wish 2 get rare collection...speaking frm my experience though.
js

Jayant

You had said that you would provide the address of this guy Beeru(sounds Sholayish!), and the place in Gariahat. Please could you? I dont know what kind of internet access I will have while in India, so I would rather get all the details before I leave.

"Yesterday frm 1 of these obscure places only i bought 8 casettes of GRAMAPHONE company(the company no more exists which is ex hmv)....the collections r anokha pancham,sapne apne apne,jalta hai jiya which r all compilations & they r like treasures" ....
would love to get my hands on that kind of stuff!! Could you also give me an idea how much you had to pay for these, if you dont mind.

Thanks
Madhavi bye.gif
jayant
1ce u land up in cal give me a call or mail me.will give u all the details of his location.If u r familiar with gariahat finding him will nt b a problem.
js
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Feb 17 2005, 11:29 AM)
QUOTE(jayant @ Feb 10 2005, 11:06 PM)
Hi All,

js

Jayant

You had said that you would provide the address of this guy Beeru(sounds Sholayish!), and the place in Gariahat. Please could you? I dont know what kind of internet access I will have while in India, so I would rather get all the details before I leave.

"Yesterday frm 1 of these obscure places only i bought 8 casettes of GRAMAPHONE company(the company no more exists which is ex hmv)....the collections r anokha pancham,sapne apne apne,jalta hai jiya which r all compilations & they r like treasures" ....
would love to get my hands on that kind of stuff!! Could you also give me an idea how much you had to pay for these, if you dont mind.

Thanks
Madhavi bye.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.