Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Bengali Songs By Lata Mangeshkar
Hamara Forums > Music > Regional Music > Bengali
Bhavita
While I dont understand too much of Bengali, I strongly believe that music transcends all boundaries of language or religion.....And one does not need to know or understand words to love or appreciate music....
Here are some of my favourite bengali songs that I would start uploading one by one. A lot of these songs have also been transalated into Hindi by Salil Da, Hemant Da, SD Burman, RD Burman..... SOme of these songs are familiar as we have heard them in Hindi too. Such as O Sajna, Ja re ja re ud ja re panchi, Ansoo Samajh ke kyon mujhe ankh se tumne gira diya....
Bhavita
Na jeo Na - O Sajna Barkha bahaar ayi is the hindi version of this song from the movie Parakh

Size - 2.98 mb
bitrate - 128 kbps
length - 3.15
Click to view attachment
Bhavita
Ja re Ja re ure ja re (the hindi version is Ja re Ja re ud ja re panchi... )

Size - 3.12 mb
length - 3.25
bitrate - 128 kbps

Click to view attachment

Bhavita
Here is the next one - Na mono lage na ..... na jiya lage na from Anand

Size - 2.98 mb
length - 3.15
bitrate - 128 kbps

Click to view attachment
Bhavita

Tasveer teri dil mein jis din se.....Maya
Here is the bengali version - Ogo aar kichchu to nai

Size - 2.92 mb
length - 3.11
bitrate - 128 kbps

Click to view attachment
madsur
QUOTE(Bhavita @ Jul 19 2009, 01:40 PM) *

While I dont understand too much of Bengali, I strongly believe that music transcends all boundaries of language or religion.....And one does not need to know or understand words to love or appreciate music....
Here are some of my favourite bengali songs that I would start uploading one by one. A lot of these songs have also been transalated into Hindi by Salil Da, Hemant Da, SD Burman, RD Burman..... SOme of these songs are familiar as we have heard them in Hindi too. Such as O Sajna, Ja re ja re ud ja re panchi, Ansoo Samajh ke kyon mujhe ankh se tumne gira diya....

Bhavitaji
Another accidental run in.
Interesting concept for a thread.
Having lived in Calcutta (in my times)
I heard the Maya one & am tempted to download others as well.
Well done.
With best regards,
Suresh
Bhavita
QUOTE(madsur @ Jul 20 2009, 12:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Bhavita @ Jul 19 2009, 01:40 PM) *

Bhavitaji
Another accidental run in.
Interesting concept for a thread.
Having lived in Calcutta (in my times)
I heard the Maya one & am tempted to download others as well.
Well done.
With best regards,
Suresh

Thank you Sureshji, again for your encouragement. Hope you did download some of these songs - you will see that except for the language, the music and the emotions do convey the same story that the hindi songs do smile1.gif

warm regards
Bhavita
Bhavita
QUOTE(Bhavita @ Jul 19 2009, 11:35 PM) *

Tasveer teri dil mein jis din se.....Maya
Here is the bengali version - Ogo aar kichchu to nai

Size - 2.92 mb
length - 3.11
bitrate - 128 kbps

Click to view attachment

Here is the beautiful song which was from the film Chaya - Ansoo samajh ke kyon Mujhe.... sung by Lata Ji however - Ki je kori dore jete hoye...

Size - 3.17 mb
length - 3.27
bitrate - 128 kbps

Click to view attachment
madsur
[/quote]
Thank you Sureshji, again for your encouragement. Hope you did download some of these songs - you will see that except for the language, the music and the emotions do convey the same story that the hindi songs do smile1.gif

warm regards
Bhavita
[/quote]

Bhavitaji,
I have downloaded them all.
Very true, they convey the same emotions.

Best regards,
Suresh
Faraaj73
Very interesting thread....

Bhavita Ji, please consider expanding it to include other singers as well - for songs which were originally sung in Bengali but are more well-known for the hindi version.....
Bhavita
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Jul 22 2009, 09:00 AM) *

Very interesting thread....

Bhavita Ji, please consider expanding it to include other singers as well - for songs which were originally sung in Bengali but are more well-known for the hindi version.....

thank you Faraaz ji. I did add some songs of Bengali by RDB and Asha Bhonsle in Bengali which have hindi version on another new thread. Sure I will include other singers as well... Would welcome any contributions from your end too smile1.gif
Faraaj73
One of RD Burman's most successful film scores was for Kudrat (1981). A famous song of its time, Tune O Rangeele Kaisa Jadoo Kiya was sung by Lata. Here is the original sung in Bengali by SD Burman.....

RajanCS
Uploading Bangla version of Aaj Koi Nahin Apna from Agni Pareekhsha (MD Salil Chowdhury):

Bitrate: 128 kbps
Duration: 00:03:36

Click to view attachment

And this is Bangla version in the voice of Lata ji of Hindi Kayi Baar Yuhin Dekha Hai - Mukesh.

Click to view attachment

Regards,

Rajan
Bhavita
That is wonderful... thank you so much for sharing this smile1.gif
Rajan ji, i am dying to get back home and dowload both the songs on my computer- I am right now at work and decided to log in in my lunch break ;-)
RajanCS
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Jul 23 2009, 01:43 PM) *

One of RD Burman's most successful film scores was for Kudrat (1981). A famous song of its time, Tune O Rangeele Kaisa Jadoo Kiya was sung by Lata. Here is the original sung in Bengali by SD Burman.....

Thanks for this nice Bangla song by Dada Burman.

regards,

Rajan
RajanCS
Bangla version by Lata of her Hindi song Jago Mohan Pyare

Bitrate: 160 kbps
Duration: 00:03:26

Click to view attachment

Bangla version by Lata of Hemant Da's Hindi Song - Sawan Mein Barkha Sataye from Biwi Aur Makaan

Bitrate: 160 kbps
Duration: 00L03:39

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.