Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Musical Films Of Laxmikant-pyarelal
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Laxmikant Pyarelal
ajay
IT IS DIFFICULT TO SELECT THE BEST OF Laxmikant-Pyarelal OUT OF 500 FILMS BUT I HAVE SELECTED SOME OF THEIR BEST MUSICAL HITS.

Undoubtedly, LAXMIKANT-PYARELAL, the most prolific and consistent music directors of Hindi Film Music. The Duo represented an archive of hit film music that was churned out non-stop right from 1963 till the end of the century.

PARASMANI (1963). This was the very fist film of Laxmi-Pyare. All the Songs Hit and are still in demand. They jumped in the film industry with Super Hit Song

*Hasata Hua Nurani Chehara* (Lata-Kamal Barot) followed by
*Woh Jab Yaad Aaye Bahot Yaad Aaye*(Lata-Rafi),
*Ui Ma Ui Ma Ye Kya Ho Gaya* (Lata),
* Mere Dil Main Halki Si* (Lata),*Roshan Tumhi Se Duniya* (Rafi),
*Gali Gali Ye Baat Chali To Log Kya Kaheng*)Lata-Mukesh).
Who likes old hits, must have this album.

DOSTI (1964). It was Rajashri Films second movie. All the prominent music directors of that time refused to give the music to this film as there was no star cast (two teenage unknown actors) and also they feel there was nothing in the film to compose the songs for Blind and Physically handicap Children. But LP took up the challenge and the film became History. It has won as many as 8 Filmfare Awards + President Award. The film was a great success and the credit goes to Laxmikant-Pyarelal's immortal music. The sweet melodies includes

*Chahunga Main Tuze*,
*Meri Dosti Tera Pyar*,
*Mera To Jo Bhi Kadam Hai*,
*Jane Walo Jara Mudake Dkho*,
*Raahi Manawa Dukh Ki Chinta* (All by Rafi),
*Gudiya Hamase Ruthi Rahogi* (Lata)

MR. X IN BOMBAY (1965) Mystical, non star cast, low budget,
Black & White film became super hit only because of LP’s Melodious Music.
Kishor Kumar was passing through the lean phase of his carrier but he along with LP produced some of the best songs.

*Mere Mehaboob Quayamat Hogi* (Kishor),
*Chali Re Chali Re Gori*(Lata-Kishor),
*Khoobsurat Haseena Jan-E-Ja (Lata-Kishor),
*Zulmi Hamare Sawariyan Ho Ram, (Lata),
*Allha Kare Tu Bhi Aajaye (Lata)

AAYE DIN BAHAR KE (1966). LP’s one of the best Musical Hit Film. By this time LP started cementing their place in the film industry. Who can forget the melodious songs

*Suno Sajana Papihe Ne* (Lata),
*Mere Dushman Tu Meri* (Rafi),
*Ye Kali Jab Talak*(Lata-Mahendra),
*Khat Likha De Sawariya*(Asha),
*Ai Kash Kisi Deewane Ko* (Lata-Asha).

FARZ (1967). The film was smash hit. This was LP’s first “Golden Jubilee” Hit film. It was yet another non-star cast film from south. This was the second film of Jeetendra and Babita. This film has made Jeetendra a “STAR”. The “Super Hit” music of this film was solely responsible for the success. The songs of the films are popular even today.

*Mast Baharon Ka Main Aashiq*(Rafi),
*Hum To Tere Aashiq Hai*( Lata-Mukesh),
*Bar Bar Din Ye Aaye*(Rafi),
*Tumse O Haseena Kabhi*(Rafi-Suman Kalyanpur),
*Dekho Dekho Ji Socho Ji*(Lata).

SHAGIRD (1967). Yet another “Golden Jubilee” Musical Hit film for LP. Just listen to the evergreen music.

*Bade Miya Deewane*,
*Duniya Pagal Hai* (All by Rafi),
*Wo Hai Zara Khafa Khafa*(Lata-Rafi),
*Udate Pawan Ke Sang Chalungi*,
*Dil Bil Pyar Vyar*,
*Kanha Kanha Aan Padi Main* (all by Lata)

PATTHAR KE SANAM (1967). Another musical blockbuster from LP. LP had a clean sweep over all its competitors.

*Bata Du Kya Lana*,
*Koi Nahin Hai Phir Bhi Hai*(All by Lata),
*Patthar Ke Sanam*(Rafi),
*Ai Dushman-E-Jan*(Asha),
*Mehaboob Mere*(Mukesh-Lata),
*Tauba Ye Matawli Chal*(Mukesh).
All are melodious songs.

MILAN (1967). Truly, 1967 belongs to LP. LP firmly confirmed and consolidated the No 1 position in Hindi Film Music. Mass appealing and Quality music is the class example of the Milan songs. Just recollect the songs

*Mubaraq Ho Sab Ko*,
*Ram Kare Aisa Ho Jaye* (All by Mukesh),
*Sawan Ka Mahina*,
*Hum Tum Yug Yug Se*,
*Bol Gori Bol Tera Kaun Piya*(All by Lata-Mukesh),
*Aaj Dil Pe Koi Jor Chalata Nahin*(Lata).

MERE HUM DUM MERE DOST (1968). Sweet, unforgetful, melodious songs of this film are still in very much demand.

*Hui Sham Unka Khayal*,
*Na Ja Kahin Ab Na Ja*,*Chhalkaye Jam* (All by Rafi),
*Chalo Sajana Jahan Tak*,
*Allaha Ye Ada Kaise Hai*,
*Tum Jao Kahin*,*Hame To Ho Gaya Hai Pyar*
(All by Lata).

DO RASTE (1969). By this time LP’s music became an essential component of the every successful film. This “Golden Jubilee” hit musical movie is remembered because of super hit music.

*Bindiya Chamakegi*(Lata),
*Mere Naseeb Main*(Kishor),
*Yeh Reshmi Zulphe*(Rafi)
*Chhup Gaye Tare Nazare (Lata-Rafi)

INTQUAM (1969). Superb music. Lata has sung two cabarets songs in this film

*Aa Jan-E-Ja*,
*Mehafil Soi*,
*Geet Tere Saz Ka*,
*Kaise Rahu Chup* (All by Lata),
*Jo Unaki Tammna Hai*(Rafi),
*Hum Tumhare Liye* (Lata-Rafi).

JEEVAN MRITYU/UPHAR/PIYA KA GHAR (1970/71/72). These year Rajashri Films released 3 films all have Music by LP. All the songs of these three films are totally different but very melodious.

*Zilmil Sitaron Ka*(Lata-Rafi),
*Zamane Main Ajee Aise*(Lata)/
*Main Ek Raja Houn*(Rafi), *Bhai Pardesi Mere Sawariya*,
*Hathon Mian Mehandi*(All by Lata), *Maazi Naiyya*(Mukesh)/
*Yeh JeevanHai*,*Bambai Shahar Ki Tuzako*(All by Kishor),
*Piya Ka Ghar Hai*(Lata),
*Ye Zulf Kaise Hai*(Lata-Rafi).

JAL BIN MACHHALI NRITYA BIN BIJALI (1971). Outstanding music. This V. Shantaram classic, non-star cast film will remember only because of its “Class” music. Each and every song sung by Lata Mangeshkar of the film has a unique composition.

*Man Ki Pyas Mere Man Se*,
*Kajara Laga Ke Re Bindiya*,
*O Mitawa O Mitwa*,
*Jo Main Chali Phir Na Milungi* (All by Lata)
* Baat Hai Ek Bund Si* (Lata-Mukesh).

MERA GAON MERA DESH (1972). One more “Golden Jubilee” musical hit film. Excellent use of “Punjabi Folk”. Dholak, speciality of LP, is excellently used in all the songsOnce again all the songs are sung by Lata Mangeshkar Evergreen melody.

*Sona Lai Ja Re*,
*Mar Diya Jay Ke*,
*Aaya Aaya Atariya Pe Koi Chor*,
*Hi Sharmau Kis Kis Ko Batau*,
*Kuchh Kehata Hai Ye Sawan* (with Rafi).

BOBBY (1973). “Golden Jubilee” musical hit. Yet another non-star cast film (Rishi Kapoor and Dimple Kapadia’s first film). Not only star cast was new but also the male singers were new. Shailendra Sing and Narendra Chanchal was introduce to the film music by LP. Raj Kapoor was looking for a “Supper Hit Film” and he got it. Yet again the success of the film was carried away by LP’s music. The music of the film created a History.

DAAG (1973). This is Yash Chopra’s first film as a Producer and Director under the banner of “Yashraj Films”. The superb music once again.

AMAR AKABAR ANTHONY (1977). Yet another “Golden Jibilee” Musical Hit movie. Manmohan Desai’s first film as a Producer Director. Outstanding music once again. Rafi was given re-birth

ANURODH (1977). Kishor Kumar has sung some of his best songs in this film

*Aap Ke Anuroth Pe*,
*Jab Dard Nahin Tha Sine Main
*Aate Jate Khub Surat (all by Kishor Kumar)

SATYAM SHIVAM SUNDARAM (1978). Once again outstanding music.

SARAGAM (1979) *Koyal Boli*,*Dafali Wale*,*Parabat Ke Us Par* (Lata-Rafi duets 3 nos) are the assets of the cassets.

KARZ (1980). This Subhash Ghai’s first movie. LP was at it’s best with Kishor, Rafi, Lata.

EK DUJE KE LIYE (1981). This was the first hindi film for Kamal Hasan and Rati Agnihotri. Yet another non-star cast musical block blaster, smash hit film. The films success again was carried away by the melodious music by LP. S. P. Balasubramanium was introduced to hindi film music. He won Filmfare as well as the national award for this film.

SUR SANGAM (1985). 100% songs based on Indian Classical “Ragas”. Yet another non-star cast film but successful because of the music. The director and hero of the film Mr. Girish Karnad, was reluctant about the capability of LP to produce Classical Songs. But he was amazed when he heard all the songs of the film. LP tried pure classical singers named Rajan Mishra and Sajan Mishra with Suresh Wadkar, Kavita Krishnmurthy and off course Lata Mangeshkar. The result was fantastic and all the songs are excellent.

UTSAV (1986).
Saj1974
Ajay,

Welcome to the LP forum, I take it you must be a big fan?

Are these soundtracks your personal favourites? or are these taken from another source?

Regs
Saj
Jay
QUOTE:

KARZ (1980). This Subhash Ghai’s first movie. LP was at it’s best with Kishor, Rafi, Lata.

Karz was not Subhash ji 1 st movie. That was KALICHARAN.
princeali
Welcome Ajay to the L-P Forum, nice to see another L-P fan at HF.

The list that you have given is a nice one and showcases L-P's good movies.

MILAN (1967). Truly, 1967 belongs to LP. LP firmly confirmed and consolidated the No 1 position in Hindi Film Music.

Just for discussion's sake, IMO L-P were still making their way to the top by 1967 and had not yet reached the stage as # 1 music directors. S-J were still ruling the roost around that year and L-P along with K-A and others, namely RDB were giving them a good run for their money. By the time 1970 came along, you could say L-P had reached the top. In 1971, Jaikishan passed away and S-J's music hit the rocks, but by then L-P had already displaced S-J as the numero uno MD's. Who knows, if Jai had lived, maybe we would have seen a SJ-LP battle in the 70's for the top position. Post 71, L-P ruled the roost and diminished all their competiton.

BOBBY (1973). “Golden Jubilee” musical hit. Yet another non-star cast film (Rishi Kapoor and Dimple Kapadia’s first film). Not only star cast was new but also the male singers were new. Shailendra Sing and Narendra Chanchal was introduce to the film music by LP. Raj Kapoor was looking for a “Supper Hit Film” and he got it. Yet again the success of the film was carried away by LP’s music. The music of the film created a History.

As much as I love L-P and their music, I would say that most of the RK movies that L-P did had Raj Kapoor's influence in them. RK had S-J's unused tunes on tape and all he needed was an MD to put those tunes into play. Reportedly "Main Shaayar To Nahin" and "Hum Tum" are Jaikishan tunes. It is known that RK had major influence on the music of his films since music was his passion as well so it comes as no surprise if he had a role to play here.

SATYAM SHIVAM SUNDARAM (1978). Once again outstanding music.

Once again, RK's influence prevails. The song "Bhor Bhaye Pangat Pe" is a Jai tune, I heard it as a sitar piece in the background of the film 'Kanyadaan'. Jai normally used to do the background scores for SJ's films so its probably his tune and RK took it and used it here. The title song from various sources and critics is said to be a Shankar composition and "Yashomati Maya" is said to be inspired from one of Raj Kapoor's earliest films in 1948.

This reminds me, Hasrat Jaipuri had said that "Sun Sahiba Sun" was a Jaikishan tune, and that was used by RK in 'Ram Teri Ganga Mali' with music by Ravindra Jain.

Cheers

Ali
unni
QUOTE(princeali @ Jan 27 2005, 09:31 PM)
Once again, RK's influence prevails. The song "Bhor Bhaye Pangat Pe" is a Jai tune, I heard it as a sitar piece in the background of the film 'Kanyadaan'. Jai normally used to do the background scores for SJ's films so its probably his tune and RK took it and used it here. The title song from various sources and critics is said to be a Shankar composition and "Yashomati Maya" is said to be inspired from one of Raj Kapoor's earliest films in 1948.

This reminds me, Hasrat Jaipuri had said that "Sun Sahiba Sun" was a Jaikishan tune, and that was used by RK in 'Ram Teri Ganga Mali' with music by Ravindra Jain.

Cheers

Ali

Similarly, the tune of the "O Basanti" song from "Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai" can be heard in the background in one of the early RK movies ---I think it is "AAH" --- (as I recollect) in a scene where both Raj Kapoor and Nargis are in hospital beds.

It was reported that at a public function, Lata-ji attributed the tune of "Sun Sahiba Sun" to Raj Kapoor himself, much to the chagrin of Ravindra Jain who was present on the occasion!

princeali
Similarly, the tune of the "O Basanti" song from "Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai" can be heard in the background in one of the early RK movies ---I think it is "AAH" --- (as I recollect) in a scene where both Raj Kapoor and Nargis are in hospital beds.

That was Jai's natural talent at work, that future songs were created from his background tunes.

It was reported that at a public function, Lata-ji attributed the tune of "Sun Sahiba Sun" to Raj Kapoor himself, much to the chagrin of Ravindra Jain who was present on the occasion!

Either way Raj Kapoor was involved tongue.gif
ajay
QUOTE(Jay @ Jan 27 2005, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE:

As a Producer and Director and launching his own company called Mukta Arts "Karz" was Subhash Ghai's film. He prefered LP for his first film as a producer and director.
Dharmaan Khan
QUOTE(ajay @ Jan 28 2005, 05:40 AM)
QUOTE:

As a Producer and Director and launching his own company called Mukta Arts "Karz" was Subhash Ghai's film. He prefered LP for his first film as a producer and director.

i think ull find that the first subhash ghai film LP gave the music for was
Gautam Govinda-1978

kalicharan(1976) was ghais directorial debut with music by Kalyanji anandji, followed by vishwanath in 1978 music by rajesh roshan, and in the same year gautam govinda with music by LP

yes admittedly, karz was prob the first film directed by himself under his own banner

regards
Dkhan
Jay
QUOTE(Dharmaan Khan @ Jan 29 2005, 06:58 AM)
QUOTE(ajay @ Jan 28 2005, 05:40 AM)
QUOTE:

i think ull find that the first subhash ghai film LP gave the music for was
Gautam Govinda-1978

kalicharan(1976) was ghais directorial debut with music by Kalyanji anandji, followed by vishwanath in 1978 music by rajesh roshan, and in the same year gautam govinda followed with music by LP

regards
Dkhan

Yep. Dharmaan bhai u r right and I am right. I meant that Kaalicharan was Subhash ji's directorial debut.

Jay
Saj1974
Just for discussion's sake, IMO L-P were still making their way to the top by 1967 and had not yet reached the stage as # 1 music directors. S-J were still ruling the roost around that year and L-P along with K-A and others, namely RDB were giving them a good run for their money. By the time 1970 came along, you could say L-P had reached the top. In 1971, Jaikishan passed away and S-J's music hit the rocks, but by then L-P had already displaced S-J as the numero uno MD's. Who knows, if Jai had lived, maybe we would have seen a SJ-LP battle in the 70's for the top position. Post 71, L-P ruled the roost and diminished all their competiton.

Salaam Prince Bhai,

Just to carry on with this interesting discussion, i would like to follow up on some points you made.

I can tell you (and so will history) that by 1967 LP had de-throned SJ from the top and took over as the no.1 composers. This is not undermine the geniuses SJ, I love their music too.

The writing was on the wall with SJ, Shankar fascination with Sharda had caused a rift between the two. By 1965 SJ were signing independent films, Jaikishan got paid Rs 5 lakh to compose most of the songs in Aarzoo and Shankar took the same amount for composing a few songs. Also critics of that time were putting down their music as repetitive and not in the same class as their scores of 50's and early 60's.

The initial big blow to SJ was when Filmyug Pvt Ltd (J Om Prakash) dropped SJ for LP after (I think) a succesful musical score Ayee Milan Ki Bela. LP were signed for Aye Din Bahar Ke, their first A grade film and they delivered a superb 8 track hit score, after that J O Prakash had LP all the way until Aap Ke Saath 1986 (except for a few odd films).

Not sure if you know this but Shankar got LP replaced in SJ's orchestra after their earlier musical hits, I read this in Laxmikants interview, even he didn't know the reason why?

Now too back up how LP reached the no.1 slot in 1967, check the musical hits (and i'm not talking about 1 or 2 songs, full albums) they delivered;

LP scores 1967

~Anita
~Chhaila Babu
~Duniya Nachegi
~Farz
~Jaal
~Milan
~Milan Ki Raat
~Night In London
~Patthar Ke Sanam
~Shagird
~Taqdeer

From the scores above you can see ths strong music they gave in this year, LV Prasad's (another LP banner till 1981) Milan was the icing on the cake and revived a down and out Mukesh's career. I haven't heard th full songs to Chaila Babu and Duniuya Nachegi but the rest are historical scores.

IMO SJ were still giving fantastic music around this time, but LP were exceeding them with each and every film. Kalyanji Anandji were fast uprising and gave musical hits in the 60's. As in regards to RDB giving SJ a run for their money in the 60's, thst is so untrue. RDB only significant musical scores in the 60's were Bhoot Bangla, Baharon Ke Sapne, Abhilasha, Teesri Manzil, Padosan, Pyar Ka Mausam and Waaris not enough IMO to challenge the likes of SJ/OPN/KA/LP. RDB's time was the 70's he was no threat to anyone in the 60's.

its so hard to divide between SJ/LP? for me the consistent commercial hits these 4 musical geniuses gave will never be matched by any other composer in the history of HFI. As I grew up in the 70's & 80's i am biased towards LP, its been a pleasurable experience growing up with their music.

I will sign off of now, and will comment on RK's & LP's musical association in a new post.

Please provide comments if you disagree with anything, its an interesting topic this.

Regs
Saj

princeali
Salaam Saj bhai,

Thanks for your reply, it was excellently written clap1.gif

S-J were still ruling the roost around that year and L-P along with K-A and others, namely RDB were giving them a good run for their money.

In regards to my original post, I should have mentioned that towards the last years of the sixties and into the 70's RDB was giving SJ a good run for their money. RDB's scores were worthy enough to prove that he was a composer on the road to success. Pyar Ka Mausam, Teesri Manzil, Padosan, Kati Patang, Aradhna (ghost composing the 3 Kishore songs), The Train, Waris, Abhilasha were enough to prove he was giving competition to SJ. Ofcourse in the 60's SJ were ruling the roost but what I meant was towards the late sixties and into the seventies RDB produced alot of good music, so my apoligies for not making that clear. Many do not know this, but it was Jai who recommended Pancham for Teesri Manzil because he could see his natural talent.

You mentioned L-P's fims in 1967, but let's take a look at S-J's films in the same year:

Gunaahon Ka Devta
Around The World
Choti Si Mulaqat
Hare Kaanch Ke Chudiyaan
Aman
An Evening In Paris
Diwana
Laat Sahab
Raat Aur Din

These were all hit films musically and S-J were still producing quality stuff. It wouldn't have mattered to them if J.Om Prakash left them for L-P a year earlier because they were still in demand. L-P had not yet overtaken them.

Now lets compare the two in 1968 starting with L-P:

Baharon Ki Manzil
Izzat
Mere Hamdam Mere Dost
Raja Aur Rank
Sadhu Aur Shaitaan
Spy In Rome

Now we see S-J's 1968 output:

Jhuk Gaya Aasmaan
Kahin Aur Chal
Kanyadaan
Mere Huzoor
Sapnon Ka Saudagar
Duniya
Shikaar
Brahmachaari

All quality scores by L-P, the top four are wonderful. I have heard a couple of songs from 'Spy In Rome' that are good and 'Sadhu Aur Shaitaan' is not bad. But look at the variety in SJ's films. Critics and people who study music slam S-J by the end of the 60's, but look at the quality they were still producing. All of the above scores are different in their own ways. S-J were still number 1 based on the above films. They definetely had more variety than L-P that year and also won the filmfare for best music in Brahmachaari. So if in 1967, L-P's scores may have been very good, 1968 is the year S-J show they are not finished yet.

Now we come to 1969, a year in which L-P pull more magic out of their bag:

Aansoo Ban Gaye Phool
Anjana
Aaya Sawan Jhoom Ke
Dharti Kahe Pukar Ke
Do Bhai
Do Raaste
Inteqaam
Jeene Ki Raah
Jigri Dost
Madhavi
Mera Dost
Meri Bhabhi
Pyaasi Sham
Saajan
Satyakam
Shart
Wapas

S-J's output that same year:

Sachaai
Yakeen
Bhai Bahen
Pyar hi Pyar
Shatranj
Prince
Tumse Accha Kau Hai
Chanda aur Bijli
Jahan Pyar Miley

L-P had a whopping 17 releases and atleast 12 out of them are musical hits, some of them even went on to be musical blockbusters and this is the year that clinched it for L-P. By the end of 1969 it was clear LP had reached SJ's position and had displaced them. SJ's scores were still good, but definitely LP had more success musically this year. Before I come to 1970, let me summarize the situation. 1967, SJ were branched at the top, and LP were giving them great competition. 1968, S-J were still one up, as can be seen by their films, where LP were very close to them. 1969 was LP's big year where they reached SJ's supremacy and became # 1 by the end of the decade.

Binaca Geet Mala also says that from 1951 to 1969 SJ were the top composers and K-A only took them over in 1970, but I beg to differ and say that it was L-P. This may be based on popularity of songs since Binaca was a radio station, but it shows S-J's music was still popular enough to make it to the top of the charts and around that time they were still getting the big banners along with L-P, K-A (who also had success around that time) and others. As I said in my last post:

By the time 1970 came along, you could say L-P had reached the top. In 1971, Jaikishan passed away and S-J's music hit the rocks, but by then L-P had already displaced S-J as the numero uno MD's

"By the time" meaning at the end of 1969 and into 1970.

Now comes the crucial 1970 year:

L-P films:

Aan Milo Sajna
Abhinetri
Bachpan
Darpan
Devi
Himmat
Humjoli
Jawab
Jeevan Mrityu
Khilona
Maa Aur Mamta
Man Ki Aankhen
Mastana
Pushpanjali
Sharafat
Suhana Safar

S-J's films in 1970:

Umang
Bhai Bhai
Dharti
Tum Haseen Main Jawaan
Mera Naam Joker
Paglaa Kahin Kaa
Pehchaan

Again by LP all quality scores and the variety was amazing. They had already displaced SJ as number 1 by the start of 1970 and after 1970 they consolodated that position. SJ still had good scores, with MNJ being the outstanding musical of the year and in which they won the filmfare for as well, but by that time L-P had overtaken S-J, a feat no MD could do in the past two decades. SJ declined because of their inner fighting and Jai's death which is how other MD's could take over but that is another topic in itself. L-P's music was also very good around that time so they could have had a shot for the top spot anyways, even if SJ had resolved their differences or if Jai did not pass away.

So you can see that by 1970 (start of that year), L-P reached the top, and them taking over in 1967 IMO is just a myth because S-J's scores the same years (67-69) prove the point that they were still going strong. It was only by LP's '69 releases and into 1970 where they became numero uno and displaced SJ though as I said SJ still had "good" music. Alot of Rafi saab's great songs by SJ also are in those late sixties so you cannot say their music completely declined.

its so hard to divide between SJ/LP? for me the consistent commercial hits these 4 musical geniuses gave will never be matched by any other composer in the history of HFI. As I grew up in the 70's & 80's i am biased towards LP, its been a pleasurable experience growing up with their music.

I never grew up with any of these MD's, I'm growing up in the present generation with the newer MD's like N-S, ARR, Jatin Lalit, Anu Malik etc, but S-J and L-P to me are the two greatest duo's to have ever lived in Indian Film Music. I am thankful to my dad who introduced me to Rafi saab and then to these great MD's. But agreed, the amount of hits they all produced will never be matched by anyone.

I admire both SJ and LP and love both of their music because both duos are legends.

Cheers

Ali
oye_sonu
ALi bhai

Excellent written post ( as you do always bow.gif )

good ans to each point !!

i will like to chip in with my view laater

Keep it up thumbs-up.gif thumbs-up.gif

thnx
SJ fan
sonu
Saj1974
QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jul 17 2005, 02:50 AM)
ALi bhai

Excellent written post ( as you do always  bow.gif )

good ans to each point  !!

Keep it up thumbs-up.gif  thumbs-up.gif

thnx
SJ fan
sonu

Sonu -ji

Look fwd to your viewpoint! I've been meaning to continue with this topic for a while.

If i'm right your a SJ fan?

Regs
Saj
Rajive
Hi Guys
I am new to the forum. I as a child was die hard fan of LP. My Favourites include

Lutera:

O dil walon saje dil pe
Kisi ko pata na chale baat ka ke hai aaj wada mulakat ka

Parasmani

Sant Gyaneshwar:

Bhor bhai sooraj ooge
Jago prabhaat aya
and of course
Jyot se jyot

AAya Toofan

Jindgi main aya toofan

There is another lilting melody in my memory if any one knows the film name its by Lata na Manna day

Dekh ke ye gagan jhoome

Love fro downunder
Rajive

bawlachintu
QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jul 17 2005, 02:50 AM) *

ALi bhai

Excellent written post ( as you do always bow.gif )

good ans to each point !!

Keep it up thumbs-up.gif thumbs-up.gif

thnx
SJ fan
sonu

Wait for my input wink.gif
deewani
QUOTE(Rajive @ Apr 18 2007, 10:25 PM) *
Hi Guys
There is another lilting melody in my memory if any one knows the film name its by Lata na Manna day
Dekh ke ye gagan jhoome

Love fro downunder
Rajive

The Lata/Manna Dey track you mention would it be Soch Ke Yeh Gagan Jhoome from Jyoti 1969, MD SD Burman?
bawlachintu
Wo shayad- "Tum gagan ke chandrama ho" ko yaad karna chahta tha

Rajive
Good day all

We are lucky to live in an era of great music directors. First of all its not about quantity at all and secondly its not about popularity. Some times quality is well recognised and other time ordinary prevails. Both Sj and LP were geniuses. Both also created "cliched" music as well. Lp could hardly part with their signature rhythm (a cool break was using straight drum in "woh hain zaraa kafa kafa") even up to "Ni main yaarr manana ni" and SJ in early 70's had their love affair with some cacophonous instruments. I would die for SJ melodies of Basant Bhahaar or Shree420 but could not keep the radio ON for Pehchaan or Kanyaadan. One man's food is another man's poison. LP had churn out melodies after melodies for years even for low budget films like Aaya toofan Lootera and Mere lal. SJ were too arrogant to do so. For RK films it was all due to another legend Raj Kapoor who had music in his heart and would get the best out of music director. As far using RK's old background music, it was upto Raj Kapoor as technically he had the copyright. SJ were so arrogant at times that they even refused to give music for RK's low budget film like Jaagte Raho. On the other hand LP were always praising every senior music directors. In my openion 50's were a great era of hindi music when melody was queen, 60's when everybody gave great music even N Dutta and G S Kohli. 70's when even the stalwarts stumbled. 80's and 90's were worst period for hindi music and movies. Thank fully 2000 brought a relief.

Bye the way friends have you listened to the great music of "Water"

love fom downunder

Rajive
bawlachintu
QUOTE(Rajive @ Jun 20 2007, 10:56 AM) *

80's and 90's were worst period for hindi music and movies. Thank fully 2000 brought a relief.

Bye the way friends have you listened to the great music of "Water"

love fom downunder

Rajive

It was 1989 which started giving relief.
We saw one big musical hit of all times- "Maine pyaz khaya" rolleyes.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.