Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muse & Music
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55
swarapriya
(Rekha) Do Yaar (1972)

I don't have a single song from this album. There are at least four songs in this movies. These are shown in the table below. Please share these if you can. Thanks.

Sangeet
There you go 2 Asha #s

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
swarapriya
QUOTE(Sangeet @ Sep 13 2009, 01:46 PM) *

There you go 2 Asha #s

Thanks a lot for the songs of "Do Yaar". -S
Rushin
QUOTE(Sangeet @ Sep 14 2009, 02:16 AM) *

Thanks Sangeet.
swarapriya
(Sadhana) Dulha Dulhan (1964)

Here is a beautiful musical offering from the composer duo Kalyanji & Anandji. Every song is a delight. Standouts of this album are all solos by Mukesh, especially the song "Jo Pyaar Tune" is outsatnding. I have also several extended versions of these songs, some only slightly longer than the CD ones. Most of these were contributed by the Forum members. I am uploading these in the second post with many thanks to them.

Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Extended Version Songs of "Dulha Dulhan (1964)"

Here are extended version of some of the songs from this album. Most of them are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Please note also that some songs are only slightly longer than the CD ones uploaded. Here are the songs ...
Erum Hashmi
QUOTE(Sangeet @ Sep 14 2009, 02:16 AM) *
There you go 2 Asha #s

Thanks, Sangeetji! smile.gif

swarapriya
(Saira) Yeh Zindagi Kitni Haseen Hai (1966)

Here is another beautiful score by Ravi with Asha singing four solos and Rafi Saab, three ...
swarapriya
(Sharmila) Dil Aur Mohabbat (1968)

Here is another superb album by the great OP. Asha sang five out of six songs in this album; three solos and two duets. "Haath Aaya Hai Jab Se" is a standout of this album and is one of my favorite duets. Here is this and the rest of the songs ...
swarapriya
(Vyjayanti) Pehli Jhalak (1955)

Here is a beautiful musical by C. Ramchandra with Vyjayanti Mala and Kishore teaming up again. Interestingly Kishore had only a solo but the album is dominated by Lata. I will upload these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Songs of "Pehli Jhalak (1955)" Continued ...

Here are three extended version songs from ths fine album. These are from a DVD and one or two of them may have been contributed by the Forum members. My many thanks.

Here are the songs ...
Sangeet
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 18 2009, 12:15 AM) *

Is that a Typo in your post SP? I was so excited to get Kishoreda's Charandas song in CDQ but these are from DVD. The comment says it is from Fmw11. If that is the caseit is from DVD, it is the same version I shared in a site called DB from where Fmw11 people have reused it.

If someone has longer version of this song in CDQ plz share.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Sangeet @ Sep 17 2009, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 18 2009, 12:15 AM) *

Is that a Typo in your post SP? I was so excited to get Kishoreda's Charandas song in CDQ but these are from DVD. The comment says it is from Fmw11. If that is the caseit is from DVD, it is the same version I shared in a site called DB from where Fmw11 people have reused it.

If someone has longer version of this song in CDQ plz share.

I may have made a mistake, Sangeet. I do have a CD of this movie, but may not have all the songs listed. If you were the original contributor of this song, my thanks to you. Anyways, sorry for the confusion. I will post the correction. Thanks. -S
Sangeet
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 18 2009, 05:31 AM) *

I may have made a mistake, Sangeet. I do have a CD of this movie, but may not have all the songs listed. If you were the original contributor of this song, my thanks to you. Anyways, sorry for the confusion. I will post the correction. Thanks. -S

Can you check if you have the Charandas song in the CD. I have been looking for CDQ or vinyl version of this song for a while.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Sangeet @ Sep 18 2009, 04:27 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 18 2009, 05:31 AM) *

Can you check if you have the Charandas song in the CD. I have been looking for CDQ or vinyl version of this song for a while.

Ye, I will. This will take some time. You see, I have converted almost all of my CDs (believe me, this number is very very huge) to MP3 and saved them on the computer because storing them or finding songs was becoming a huge problem for me. I stashed all CDs away. I have to dig deep to find where this particular CD is. So, please bear with me. Thanks.
swarapriya
(Waheeda) Ek Phool Char Kante (1960)

Here is a beauty from Shankar & Jaikishan. David Dhawan, who is notorious in making hit movies based on films from other languages, did copy this movie in his 2000 version of "Dulhan Hum Lejayenge" which starred Karishma Kapoor and Salman Khan. Only difference was that Karishma had only three uncles whereas Waheeda (ek phool) had four uncles (char kante).

The movie "Ek Phool" was a comedy and boasted some very beautiful songs. It had Mukesh's chartbuster, "Matwaali Naar", one of my favorites. It has a duet by Lata & Talat that is uncharacteristically for Talat, sung in a very racy style. But that song "Dil Aye Dil" still is very entertaining. There are two rock n roll songs in English by Iqbal Singh. I believe these two are different. They are also a delight.

By the way, inspired by Sunil Dutt's performance as a prince singing "Matwaali" (see the picture below), F.C. Mehra cast him in "Amrapali" which boasted ravishing Vyjayanti Mala and some great songs by Lata.

Because of the number of songs in this album, I am uploading them in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set ...
swarapriya
Songs of "Ek Phool Char Kante (1960)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album ...
coolkee
Thanks you so much Swarapriya

Coolkee
swarapriya
QUOTE(coolkee @ Sep 18 2009, 11:46 AM) *

Thanks you so much Swarapriya

Coolkee

You're very welcome. Aren't the songs of this album simply cool? Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Zeenat) Manoranjan (1974)

This movie was a direct lift from the famous Hollywood director Billy Wider's film Oscar winning "Irma la Douce" starring Shirley MacLaine, Jack Lemmon, and Lou Jacobi. In the Hindi film, these roles were enacted respecively by Zeenat Aman, Sanjeev Kumar, and Shammi Kapoor. Shammi also directed the movie, his first directorial venture. In the English version, great Jack Lemmon was absolutely wonderful in his role. Sanjeev Kumar's acting in this type of role was a bit of a let down.

One of the bright things of the Hindi version was R.D. Burman's music. He composed some beautiful songs for the movie, the best being Asha's solo "Chori Chori". This song merits to be one of her top.

I am also including another version of "Goyake Chuanche" song. This one was sung by Asha and Sudesh Bhosle. It is from the album "Asha Reveals Real R.D. Burman (Disc 1)". In the actual movie this song was performed by Lata, Kishore, and Manna Dey.

Here is the beauty "Chori Chori" and other songs from this film ...
swarapriya
(Asha) Gharana (1961)

Here is a hit movie based on the Telugu hit "Shanti Nivasam (1960)". The movie is about a dominating matriarch and a suffering daughter-in-law who is also ill treated by her hopeless husband who suspects that his own younger brother is having an illicit relationship with his wife. Several years ago when I saw both versions of this movie, I liked them. However, I have a different perspective on life in general and people in particular that has changed my views on many things, for right or wrong. Even though there are millions of people that exist in our society like those potrayed in this movie today, I no longer can swallow its premise ...

As for the music of the Hindi version, it is a beauty from Ravi. He followed this with his spectacular success of "Chaudhvin Ka Chand" the previous year. For his efforts, this time, he grabbed the best music director award from Filmfare. The song "Husnwaale" is an absolute delight the way only Rafi Saab can sing it. For its rich lyrics, Shakeel Badayuni, received the best lyricist award from Filmfare.

I will also upload the songs from the Telugu movie in this section right after this. The songs of Hindi version will be uploaded in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set ...
swarapriya
Songs of "Gharana (1961)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this Ravi's award winning musical ...
swarapriya
Shanti Nivasam (1960) - A Telugu Movie

This movie was the basis of Hindi "Gharana (1961). In the matriarch's role, actress Surya Kantam was absolutely fantastic. Most songs from the movie were copies of some hit Hindi tunes. But one song, an original, "Kalanaina Nee Valape", by Leela is a standout of this album. This is one of those songs that is no matter how many times you listen to it, you never get tired of it. Here is this and other songs from this movie ...
VivekG
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 13 2009, 01:43 PM) *

(Nutan) Baarish (1957)

Songs from this fine album were recently uploaded by Romesh in the section on "C. Ramchandra" under "Legendary Music Directors". You can access these songs from the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=82320

One of the songs is missing. Can you please upload that...
yeh aarzoo thi ki----------------------------------lata------------------------------3.28mts
swarapriya
QUOTE(VivekG @ Sep 20 2009, 03:11 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 13 2009, 01:43 PM) *

(Nutan) Baarish (1957)

Songs from this fine album were recently uploaded by Romesh in the section on "C. Ramchandra" under "Legendary Music Directors". You can access these songs from the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=82320

One of the songs is missing. Can you please upload that...
yeh aarzoo thi ki----------------------------------lata------------------------------3.28mts

Here is the song ...
swarapriya
(Hema) Lal Patthar (1971)

Here is a real beauty from the duo Shankar & Jaikishan. Almost all songs are beautiful in this album. Kishore's "Geet Gaata Hoon", the duet by Asha and Manna, "Re Man Sur Mein", and Asha's "Sooni Soon Saans" are some of the songs that are real standouts of this album. I am also including Amit's version of "Geet Gaata Hoon" with rest of the uploads. Here are the songs ...
kamalamohanty
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 22 2009, 08:55 AM) *

(Hema) Lal Patthar (1971)

Here is a real beauty from the duo Shankar & Jaikishan. Almost all songs are beautiful in this album. Kishore's "Geet Gaata Hoon", the duet by Asha and Manna, "Re Man Sur Mein", and Asha's 's "Sooni Soon Saans" are some of the songs that are real standouts of this album. I am also including Amit's version of "Geet GaataHoon" with rest of the uploads. Here are the songs ...

Thanks Swarapriya.

The song "Kalanaina Nee Valape Kalavaramandaina Nee Talape" (Telugu Version from GHARANA)

is fantastic.

Kamala Mohanty

swarapriya
QUOTE(kamalamohanty @ Sep 23 2009, 08:56 AM) *

Thanks Swarapriya.

The song "Kalanaina Nee Valape Kalavaramandaina Nee Talape" (Telugu Version from GHARANA)

is fantastic.

Kamala Mohanty

You're very much welcome, Kamala. Leelaji's song "Kalanina" is on the top of the list of my favorite songs of hers. These are the type of songs that makes worth listening to and spending our time with ...

Cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
(Mala) Fashion (1957)

Here is an absolute beauty from Hemantda. There is something about his music and the way he sings songs that is so endearing. I love it. He had apart from himself no fewer that five ladies assisting him in these songs including Asha Bhosle, Bela Mukherjee, Geet autt, Lata Mangeshkar, Mubarak Begum, and Sulochana Kadam. He had a solo and three duets in this album and almost all of them are lovingly mellifluous. Here are the songs ...
swarapriya
(Mumtaz) Rustom Sohrab (1963)

Here is a beautiful album from Sajjad Hussain. Some people have so much talent, but they are for some reason or other go unnoticed. It is a pity. Take a look at this album. It has some really beautiful songs. There is a not so familiar name like Sadat Khan giving an assist in a song. There is Suraiya singing in her beautiful and distinctive voice. There is also Lata's famous song "Aye Dilruba". These should be enough for people to remember a name like Sajjad Hussain.

Apart from these songs, I am also including two special versions of Lata's "Aye Dilruba" song. One is from her album "Lata In Her Own Voice-1" that includes her commentary. The other song includes commentary by Sajjad Hussain himself and is from the album "Legends: Lata Mangeshkar - The Melody Queen (CD2)".

Here are the songs ...
swarapriya
(Nutan) Paying Guest (1957)

Here is a blitheful Nutan paired opposite a buoyant Dev and when mingled with some breezy music by Burman da for the songs written by magnificent Majrooh the result is a playful ride called "Paying Guest". This movie has no pretensions to be anything else but to entertain. It does so superbly.

I have several favorite songs from this album. Among them are Lata's "Chaand Phir Nikla", Kishoreda's both solos, and both duets. However my personal favorite is the duet "O Nigaahen Mastaana" where Asha is just humming along to the crooning of Kishore. An absolute charmer. This album is a winner ...

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. The first post is all the songs from the original sound track CD. The second post consists of several other songs that were not on the original CD but were contributed by the Forum members. Thank you all for these. I am also including a special version of "Chhod Do" with an introduction by Majrooh Saab. This one comes from the the album "Legends: S.D. Burman (CD2)".

Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Songs Of "Paying Guest (1957)" Continued ...

All songs except one were contributed by the Forum members. My many thanks to them. Also included is the song "Chhod Do Aanchal" with Majrooh's commentary from the "Legends: S.D. Burman (CD2)" album. Here are the songs ...
swarapriya
(Rekha) Double Cross (1972)

Here is a nice RD album that has all the songs performed by Kishore da, two solos and four duets. Here they are ...
swarapriya
(Sadhana) Rajkumar (1964)

Here is a musical extravaganza with ravishingly beautiful Sadhana and loads of fun songs. Every song in this movie was a huge hit and still hasn't lost any of its sweetness. Rafi Saab dominates with three great solos and two beautiful duets. My favorite is the stirring solo, "Is Rang Badalti Duniya Mein".

Interestingly Vijayadashimi (Dassera) festival is either today or tomorrow depending on where you live or what calendar you follow. During the Navratri season, in Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh, women get together every evening and bring in flower arrangements and sing alluringly beautiful folk songs around them some where nearby a lake or talaab. This is called Batkamma and goes on for full nine days. On the ninth and final day, that evening women come out in their best and beautiful clothes. The flower arrangements get bigger as there is a prize for the best arrangement. The songs get louder and more cheerful. The dancing gets merrier. The festivities get frenzier. It goes on until almost dark when all the flower arrangements with lamps lit in the middle are left in the water. The whole lake looks dazzling with glow of the lit lamps. It is as if the lake and the glows of the lamps are competing with coming out stars of the night. A lovely and unforgettable sight to watch.

Shankar, one of the music director of this album, grew up and lived in Hyderabad for a long time. The song "Naach Re Man Batkamma" comes from that festival. The way Asha and Lata sing this song, it lives up to the festivities I mentioned earlier. Nice touch by Shankar to keep part of our heritage alive ...

Here are the songs from this beautiful album ...
swarapriya
(Saira) Aman (1967)

Producer and director Mohan Kumar made this ambitious movie that didn't pan well with the crtics as well as audience. Actual movie was not that bad. It has this great premise where the story revolves around the victims of the atom bomb explosion by the United States of America, the residents of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan. Sir Bertrand Russell who won the Nobel prize twice in two different fields, math and philosophy, played a crucial role in this movie. A vowed pacifist all his life, his presence still didn't help the movie. Also, it has an absolutely fantastic score by the fabulous music director duo of Shankar and Jaikishan. Even that was no help for the movie. It probably was the serious nature of the story and the audience wasn't ready for such mature subject.

Talking about music, Shankar & Jaikishan were at the top of their game almost through late 60's. Rafi Saab had five great solos and a duet with Saira Banu where she joins him with few words in that memorable song "Aaj Ki Raat". Here is this song and other great ones from this album ...
jigri1
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 28 2009, 11:34 PM) *

(Saira) Aman (1967)

Thanks swarapriya thumbs-up.gif thumbs-up.gif

I really love the whispering style of singing of the maestro in "Aaj ki Raat.. " Awesome !!!

swarapriya
QUOTE(jigri1 @ Sep 29 2009, 10:37 AM) *

Thanks swarapriya thumbs-up.gif thumbs-up.gif

I really love the whispering style of singing of the maestro in "Aaj ki Raat.. " Awesome !!!

Ye, nobaody does it better with such songs like Rafi Saab. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Sharmila) Humsaya (1968)

Here is another beauty from OP where there are several sparkling songs, well, like vintage champagne. Rafi Saab has a great solo in "Dil Ki Aawaaz Bhi Sun" and another fine duet with Asha. Asha also has a nice duet with Mahendra and four beautiful solos. I have two of my favorite songs from this album; "O Kanhaiya" and "Woh Haseen Dard De Do". Especially the latter one has to be one of Asha's top most songs. Rizvi Saab's rich lyrics, OP's orchestrated musical organization, and agreeably awsome singing of Asha of the song make "Woh Haseen" a memorable meolodic experience.

Here are these bubbly songs ...
swarapriya
(Vyjayanti) Sitara (1955)

I don't have a single song from this movie. If anyone of you have them, please kindly share. Thank you.
swarapriya
QUOTE(madsur @ Aug 24 2009, 06:50 AM) *

Dear SP,

If some kind soul can upload all the songs of Tamil version, it would complete the topic.

Best regards,
Suresh

Suresh,

I don't know anything about the Tamil language. But I was on a hunt to find songs of Tamil "Devdas (1953)" after I read your response. I am happy to report to you that I am half way successful. I was able to locate five songs that I am uploading here. Beautiful they are, just like their Telugu counterparts.

Couple of notes of interest. I am unsure about the female singer of "O O O O Devada-2". Also I am not 100% sure whether all songs did have the same lyricist. Anyway, these are absolutely beautiful, and here they are ...
swarapriya
(Waheeda) Girl Friend (1960)

This album has one of my all time favorite duets of Kishoreda with Sudha Malhotra, "Aaj Mujhe Kuchh Kehna Hai". Apparently this is the only song they sang together. This is indeed surprising as both were contemporaries. Hemantda's super music brings in such sweet tranquility (sukoon ki sukh) with this song that you feel like you are really sitting by the ocean watching a glorious sunset with your loved one. It is a superb feeling. Here is this fabulous song and others from this album ...
vin_nidhi
Here is one more from Girl Friend:

Talni Tanuja Tat Tamal
Kishore Kumar
3min@128kbps(courtsey:HF)
swarapriya
QUOTE(vin_nidhi @ Oct 1 2009, 09:11 PM) *

Here is one more from Girl Friend:

Talni Tanuja Tat Tamal
Kishore Kumar
3min@128kbps(courtsey:HF)

Thanks for the song, Vinayak. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
(Zeenat) Prem Shastra (1974)

Here is a delightful score by LP where Dev and Zeenat are exchanging love lessons ...
swarapriya
(Asha) Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai (1961)

Here is yet another delightful romp via the incomparable music directors of 50's and 60's, Shankar & Jaikishan. I am including all of their songs from the OST CD. Also, I am including three items contributed by the Forum members in the first post. Thank you.

Post 2 contains several extended version songs, all by the courtesy of the Forum members. Now for the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Some Extended Version Songs of "Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai (1961)"

Here are several extended version songs from this happy album, "Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai". All songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. My many thanks to them. Now for the songs ...
swarapriya
(Hema) Naya Zamana (1971)

Here is a beauty from the great Burman da. There are several nice numbers in this album, particularly Kishoreda's "Duniya O Duniya" and Lata's several solos. Here is this beautiful album from SD ...
rpnawani
Thank you Swarapriya for uploading this beautiful album.

rpnawani

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 5 2009, 01:39 AM) *

Here is a beauty from the great Burman da. There are several nice numbers in this album, particularly Kishoreda's "Duniya O Duniya" and Lata's several solos. Here is this beautiful album from SD ...

swarapriya
QUOTE(rpnawani @ Oct 5 2009, 08:55 AM) *

rpnawani

You're very welcome. Cheers. -S
rpnawani

rpnawani

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 5 2009, 01:39 AM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.