Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dooj Ka Chaand (1964)
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Roshan
swarapriya
Dooj Ka Chaand (1964)

Here are the songs from this album. Is there a longer version of "Binti Suno"? Also, is the singer Shyama Hemmady is anyway related to Suman (Hemmady) Kalyanpur?
vdsachin
Yes - Shyama Hemmady is SK's Sister - now wellknown by the name Shyama Chittar.. she is also a singer.

More Info: http://www.freebase.com/view/en/shyama_chittar
swarapriya
QUOTE(vdsachin @ May 16 2009, 07:11 PM) *

Yes - Shyama Hemmady is SK's Sister - now wellknown by the name Shyama Chittar.. she is also a singer.

More Info: http://www.freebase.com/view/en/shyama_chittar

Appreciate for the information and the pointer. Thank you very much. Cheers.
suhana_safar
Another Classy album of a film that was produced by Bharat Bhushan himself and did not do well at the box office.

Mehfil se uthjane walo gives me goose bumps even now....brilliant.
The lyrics of Sun e mahjabeen were ahead of its times. Great rendition as usual by Rafisaab.

Cheers
SS
swarapriya
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ May 16 2009, 08:09 PM) *

Another Classy album of a film that was produced by Bharat Bhushan himself and did not do well at the box office.

The lyrics of Sun e mahjabeen were ahead of its times. Great rendition as usual by Rafisaab.

Cheers
SS

Thanks SS for sharing this information. I didn't realize that this movie was produced by Bharat Bhushan. Did he produce any other movies besides this one? I think his brother was a big producer ("Nai Umar K Nai Fasal" was one of them).

Cheers,
Swarapriya
suhana_safar
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 18 2009, 10:07 AM) *

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ May 16 2009, 08:09 PM) *

Cheers
SS

Thanks SS for sharing this information. I didn't realize that this movie was produced by Bharat Bhushan. Did he produce any other movies besides this one? I think his brother was a big producer ("Nai Umar K Nai Fasal" was one of them).

Cheers,
Swarapriya

Hi Swarapriya

He produced Basant Bahar, Taqdeer, and some more, most of them flops.He had to sell his house to Jettendra in 70 after Taqdeer flopped after that the poor guy had a hard time. Those days all the liabilities would be with the producer unlike today when most films recover even be4 release.
Bharat Bhushan was a very simple man but a fantsatic actor.

Cheers
SS
swarapriya
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ May 17 2009, 09:44 PM) *

Hi Swarapriya

He produced Basant Bahar, Taqdeer, and some more, most of them flops.He had to sell his house to Jettendra in 70 after Taqdeer flopped after that the poor guy had a hard time. Those days all the liabilities would be with the producer unlike today when most films recover even be4 release.

Cheers
SS

I would think that at least Basant Bahar was a success. But with so many other films dismally failing he must have fallen on hard times. Thanks for giving these further details.

Swarapriya
hildebrand
Thanks SP. was missing a few songs and quality. smile1.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(hildebrand @ May 22 2009, 10:55 AM) *

Thanks SP. was missing a few songs and quality. smile1.gif

Looks like today is your "thanksgiving" day. You're welcome. Cheers.
pradeepasrani
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 18 2009, 11:58 AM) *

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ May 17 2009, 09:44 PM) *

Hi Swarapriya

Cheers
SS

I would think that at least Basant Bahar was a success. But with so many other films dismally failing he must have fallen on hard times. Thanks for giving these further details.

Swarapriya

Swarpriya

I have partaken a number of songs, which I did not have or were of poor quality, from various Roshan albums uploaded by you. Many thanks for these great uploads, all memorable in their own rights. The frequency and consistancy with which you uploaded can be described under one of their titles, Barsaat Ki Raat. Although I guess you would have spent both the day and night ofn22 / 23rd May to complete the uploads.

Just to add some info on Bharat Bhushan, he also produced Barsaat Ki Raat under the banner of Shree Vishwabharti Films, same as that for Basant Bahar. Taqdeer was released under the banner of Rajshri Production.

Pradeep
swarapriya
QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ May 30 2009, 05:58 AM) *

Swarpriya

I have partaken a number of songs, which I did not have or were of poor quality, from various Roshan albums uploaded by you. Many thanks for these great uploads, all memorable in their own rights. The frequency and consistancy with which you uploaded can be described under one of their titles, Barsaat Ki Raat. Although I guess you would have spent both the day and night ofn22 / 23rd May to complete the uploads.

Just to add some info on Bharat Bhushan, he also produced Barsaat Ki Raat under the banner of Shree Vishwabharti Films, same as that for Basant Bahar. Taqdeer was released under the banner of Rajshri Production.

Pradeep

Thank you Pradeep for your kind words. Cheers.
memsaab
I feel I'm being repetitive, but I do really appreciate the Plethora of Goodness here!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.