Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hridyanath
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
swarapriya
Hridyanath Mangeshkar

Here is another member of the famous Mangeshkar family. The youngest of the family, though hasn't achieved the prominence like his famous sisters, has carved his own niche. With so much talent scattered in the family, one expects some rivalry. It does exist, but mostly it is revelry.

He povided music for a few Hindi and Marathi films and some private albums. His work though not known to many has received recognition. He received President's National Award and received various awards from the Maharashtra state government as best vocalist and music director. He was awarded Pandit and crowned as Bhaav Gandharva. He was recently recognized with Padma Shri.

In this thread we will examine closely his work. I will present his work by looking at the following albums:

Chala Vahi Des
Dhanwan
Harishchandra Taramati
Kalaam-E-Ghalib
Lekin
Mashaal
Maya Memsaab
Subah
swarapriya
Lekin ... (1990)

Here is an outstanding album from the music director Hridyanath Mangeshkar. Lata dominates vocals in this album. These were chartbusters when the movie was released. Apart from composing music, Hridyanath also produced the movie.

I will present these songs in two posts, one following the other. Here is the first set of songs ...
swarapriya
Songs Of "Lekin ... (1990)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album ...

saeed khan
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 3 2009, 12:43 AM) *

Songs Of "Lekin ... (1990)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album ...

yaar how to upload a song so that I could request and download a song of my choice? Plz help.
swarapriya
Chala Vahi Des

Hridyanath composed music for 15 Meerabhai bhajans in this album. All bhajans were sung by Lataji in this non-film album. I will upload these in three separate posts one immediately following another, with five bhajans in each post.

Here are the first five bhajans from this album ...
swarapriya
Bhajans Of "Chala Vahi Des" Continued ...

Here are the next five bhajans from this album ...
swarapriya
Concluding Bhajans From "Chala Vehi Des"

Here is the last set of bhajans from this album ...
Sangeet
Other Films by him are

Chakra
Channi
Mere Saath Chal
Pyari Bhabhi
Ram Ki Ganga

Let me know if you are looking for these Swarpriya Ji.
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(Sangeet @ May 3 2009, 08:09 AM) *

Other Films by him are

Chakra
Channi
Mere Saath Chal
Pyari Bhabhi
Ram Ki Ganga

There's also Prarthana, his first Hindi movie. Mahesh ji uploaded a song from that film in the Asha Bhosle forum.

Aditya
abhayp
As usual, Swarapriya, you have come up with a winning theme and have presented it in your usual winsome style. Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge, the non-Gulzar songs you have posted as part of the "Lekin" album are not from the movie ('dil me.n lekar tumhaarii yaad chale', 'mohe naihar se', 'teraa meraa manuwaa kaise', and 'maa_ii rii mai.n niir bharan'). They may have been included in the CD as fillers.

Thanks again!

Warm regards,
Abhay
swarapriya
QUOTE(Sangeet @ May 2 2009, 07:39 PM) *

Other Films by him are

Chakra
Channi
Mere Saath Chal
Pyari Bhabhi
Ram Ki Ganga

Thanks for the offer. I will let you konw if I do. Please drop "ji" when addressing me. Thanks and cheers.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ May 2 2009, 07:48 PM) *

Other Films by him are

Chakra
Channi
Mere Saath Chal
Pyari Bhabhi
Ram Ki Ganga

There's also Prarthana, his first Hindi movie. Mahesh ji uploaded a song from that film in the Asha Bhosle forum.

Aditya

Thanks for the pointer Aditya.
swarapriya
QUOTE(abhayp @ May 2 2009, 09:51 PM) *

As usual, Swarapriya, you have come up with a winning theme and have presented it in your usual winsome style. Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge, the non-Gulzar songs you have posted as part of the "Lekin" album are not from the movie ('dil me.n lekar tumhaarii yaad chale', 'mohe naihar se', 'teraa meraa manuwaa kaise', and 'maa_ii rii mai.n niir bharan'). They may have been included in the CD as fillers.

Thanks again!

Warm regards,
Abhay

Thanks for your nice words Abhay. I had this suspiscion about the non-gulzar songs, yet I went ahead and uploaded them anyway. May be someone can help clarify the situation.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
abhayp
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 3 2009, 05:41 AM) *

Chala Vahi Des

Hridyanath composed music for 15 Meerabhai bhajans in this album. All bhajans were sung by Lataji in this non-film album. I will upload these in three separate posts one immediately following another, with five bhajans in each post.

These bhajans come from two different albums, both released originally as LPs. The first LP, just titled "Meera Bhajans", was released in 1968. It had eight bhajans:

- kinuuN saNg kheluuN holii
- maa_ii mhaaNo supaNaamaa.N
- mhaaraa re giridhar gopaal
- o jii hari kit gaye
- ramaiyaa bin nii.nd na aave
- saa.Nvaro na.ndana.ndana
- saa.Nwaraa mhaarii priit nibhaajo jii
- thaaNe kaahii.n kaahii.n bol suNaavaa

The second LP, released in 1974, was titled "Chala Vahi Des" and had 10 bhajans:

- chaalaa vaahii des
- ga.Dh se jo miiraabaa_ii utarii
- karam kii gati nyaarii
- ko birahiNii ko dukh jaane ho
- maa_ii maa_ii kaise jiyuu.N rii
- papiihaa re piiv kii baaNii na bol
- raadhaa pyaarii
- saa.Nware ra.ng raachii
- sakhii rii laaj bairan bhayii
- u.D jaa re kaagaa

You will find significant differences between the two albums. The most obvious one is in the orchestration: the first album has simple orchestration, while the second album is replete with sound effects: bird and animal calls, water flowing, gates creaking shut/open, and so on.

The album you have uploaded seems to contain 15 of these 18 bhajans - the ones highlighted in red are not there. I am sending these to you separately through PM - please do include them at the relevant places. I am not uploading them directly to the thread as I don't want to spoil your elegant presentation of the songs.

I especially love 'ramaiyaa bin nii.nd na aave' - beautifully tuned and sung, and the inflected "ho" before the mukhaDaa is alone worth the price of admission! (As a matter or interest, there are two excellent renditions of this bhajan in films too - one by Rajkumari in 'Badi Bahu' and one with similar words by Meena Kapoor in "Gopinath".)

In the lot that I am sending you, the first two bhajans are encoded at 160 kbps, but I have "papiihaa re piiv kii baaNii na bol" at 256 kbps; I don't want to re-encode it at a lower rate as that would only spoil the sound quality. Since it is not very easily available today, I request Admin to allow this upload as a special case. If anyone has a good recording at a bit rate between 96-192 kbps, please do send it to Swarapriya so she can replace the higher bit-rate with that one.

Warm regards,
Abhay
abhayp
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 3 2009, 10:43 AM) *

QUOTE(abhayp @ May 2 2009, 09:51 PM) *

Thanks again!

Warm regards,
Abhay

Thanks for your nice words Abhay. I had this suspiscion about the non-gulzar songs, yet I went ahead and uploaded them anyway. May be someone can help clarify the situation.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

Oh, "to the best of my knowledge" was modesty speaking! smile1.gif These four are indeed non-film songs - they were released first as EPs and were then re-released in a two-cassette set titled "Lata Mangeshkar - Non-Film Treasures". I have posted the details of this album in the recent thread on non-film songs in the Lata Mangeshkar forum.

Warm regards,
Abhay
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(abhayp @ May 3 2009, 11:42 AM) *

Oh, "to the best of my knowledge" was modesty speaking! smile1.gif These four are indeed non-film songs - they were released first as EPs and were then re-released in a two-cassette set titled "Lata Mangeshkar - Non-Film Treasures". I have posted the details of this album in the recent thread on non-film songs in the Lata Mangeshkar forum.

Warm regards,
Abhay

Only Dil Mein Lekar was released as part of "Non-film Treasures". To the best of my knowledge (and this is not modesty speaking smile1.gif) these songs were only released as EPs. In a CD format they were first released as part of the Lekin CD. I don't think any other cassette or CD was released for this.

Here is Papeeha RE @ 128 kbps, duration 3:53

Abhay can you send me the 2 missing songs from "Meera Bhajans"
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(abhayp @ May 3 2009, 11:39 AM) *

These bhajans come from two different albums, both released originally as LPs. The first LP, just titled "Meera Bhajans", was released in 1968.

The second LP, released in 1974, was titled "Chala Vahi Des" and had 10 bhajans:

Abhay,

HMV released a CD called "Chala Vahi Des & Meera Bhajans" a few years back. All the songs uploaded by Swarapriya are from that. As you rightly point out, these are from 2 separate albums first released on LP.

Aditya
abhayp
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ May 3 2009, 01:43 PM) *

QUOTE(abhayp @ May 3 2009, 11:42 AM) *

Warm regards,
Abhay

Only Dil Mein Lekar was released as part of "Non-film Treasures". To the best of my knowledge (and this is not modesty speaking smile1.gif) these songs were only released as EPs. In a CD format they were first released as part of the Lekin CD. I don't think any other cassette or CD was released for this.

Here is Papeeha RE @ 128 kbps, duration 3:53

Abhay can you send me the 2 missing songs from "Meera Bhajans"

You are right - they were not released in "Non-Film Treasures". But they are non-film songs, all the same - they are not from the film even though HMV might have released them on the same CD.

I have sent the remaining songs to Swarapriya to include in her uploads - just wait for a few hours and I am sure she will have them up! Thanks for uploading the lower-bit-rate version of "papiihaa re" - the song can now stay up within the Board rules!

Warm regards,
Abhay
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(abhayp @ May 2 2009, 11:09 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 3 2009, 05:41 AM) *

Chala Vahi Des

These bhajans come from two different albums, both released originally as LPs. The first LP, just titled "Meera Bhajans", was released in 1968. It had eight bhajans:

- kinuuN saNg kheluuN holii
- maa_ii mhaaNo supaNaamaa.N
- mhaaraa re giridhar gopaal
- o jii hari kit gaye
- ramaiyaa bin nii.nd na aave
- saa.Nvaro na.ndana.ndana
- saa.Nwaraa mhaarii priit nibhaajo jii
- thaaNe kaahii.n kaahii.n bol suNaavaa

I especially love 'ramaiyaa bin nii.nd na aave' - beautifully tuned and sung, and the inflected "ho" before the mukhaDaa is alone worth the price of admission! (As a matter or interest, there are two excellent renditions of this bhajan in films too - one by Rajkumari in 'Badi Bahu' and one with similar words by Meena Kapoor in "Gopinath".)

In the lot that I am sending you, the first two bhajans are encoded at 160 kbps, but I have "papiihaa re piiv kii baaNii na bol" at 256 kbps; I don't want to re-encode it at a lower rate as that would only spoil the sound quality. Since it is not very easily available today, I request Admin to allow this upload as a special case. If anyone has a good recording at a bit rate between 96-192 kbps, please do send it to Swarapriya so she can replace the higher bit-rate with that one.

Warm regards,
Abhay

Abhay, could you upload "Ramaiyya bin neeNd na aave" and "Ji hari kit gaye" to the forum?
I have heard "Ramaiyya bin..." on the radio years back, but the other one does not ring a bell.
Also thanks for the breakdown between the two albums. I had a cassette of "Chala vaahi des"
which did not have the songs in the first set. And I always thought that a collection of songs was
not included in that tape. Good to know that they were from a different collection.
abhayp
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ May 3 2009, 09:37 PM) *

Abhay, could you upload "Ramaiyya bin neeNd na aave" and "Ji hari kit gaye" to the forum?
I have heard "Ramaiyya bin..." on the radio years back, but the other one does not ring a bell.
Also thanks for the breakdown between the two albums. I had a cassette of "Chala vaahi des"
which did not have the songs in the first set. And I always thought that a collection of songs was
not included in that tape. Good to know that they were from a different collection.

SB, I have sent the songs to Swarapriya since I thought it would be better if they were uploaded as one set. If they aren't uploaded by tomorrow morning (Indian time), will upload them here myself.

Warm regards,
Abhay
swarapriya
Abahy has sent three more bhajans missing from the ones I have uploaded. Here are their details:

All songs by Lataji. Music is by Hridyanath Mangeshkar. Lyrics are by Meerabai.

1. O Jii Hari Kit Gaaye
@160 Kb/s

2. Ramaiyaa Bin Nii.nd Na Aave
@ 160 Kb/s

3. Papiiha Re Piv Kii BaaNii Na Bol
@ 256 Kb/s

Requesting admin to allow the third song at this bit rate to preseve its sweetness.

Here are the three bhajans with many thanks to Abhay ...
Erum Hashmi
Thanks, SP & Abhay!
swarapriya
QUOTE(Sangeet @ May 2 2009, 07:39 PM) *

Other Films by him are

Chakra
Channi
Mere Saath Chal
Pyari Bhabhi
Ram Ki Ganga

Hello,

I went back into my colloection and did not find any of these albums. Please upload these at your liesure.

Thanks and cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
Harishchandra Taramati (1970)

Here is another winner from the distinguished composer Hridyanath. I will upload songs from this album in two separate but back to back posts. Here is the first set ...
swarapriya
Songs Of "Harishchandra Taramati (1970)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album ...

swarapriya
Ram Ratan Dhan Payo (1997)

Here is another non-film album in which Lataji sang all the songs. These are all devotional songs. The music was supervised by Hridyanath who also composed some songs and assisted in every song. Lataji herself was a collaborator in composing music for some songs. One song was composed by Usha Mangeshkar. The compilation of songs was arranged by Pandit Narendra Sharma.

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...
Sangeet
Pyari Bhabhi 1986- CDQ < 192 VBR

One of the many 80's films that the music company has re released as CDQ. The film versions are shorter- had released it earlier. The CDQ versions are same length as the vinyl versions. It seems like the vinyl was released under the name "Aas Aur Pyaas". The film is about a sacrificing sister in law (as the title suggests). Nutan played a similar character ( sister ) in the same time frame in Rishta Kagaz Ka, which also has some melodious numbers.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Sangeet
Mere Saath Chal

The quality is so so since it is from tape and it was not in a great condition. This seems to be an offbeat shelved film.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
sss
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ May 3 2009, 03:48 AM) *

Other Films by him are

Chakra
Channi
Mere Saath Chal
Pyari Bhabhi
Ram Ki Ganga

Aditya

And his latest - released in 2002 - Laal Salaam.

Regards
Sunil.

swarapriya
QUOTE(Sangeet @ May 3 2009, 03:12 PM) *

Thank you for uploading these two albums so quickly. I will download them shortly. Thanks.
swarapriya
QUOTE(sss @ May 3 2009, 04:27 PM) *

And his latest - released in 2002 - Laal Salaam.

Regards
Sunil.

Thanks Sunil. Unfortunately there is a restriction not to upload any songs of year 2000 or beyond.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ May 3 2009, 11:29 AM) *

Thanks, SP & Abhay!

Erum, the poem about woman you have under your message at once is heart warming as well as deeply moving. The writer has put together thoughts so impressively that they make an indelible impression on your mind and heart. It is very thought provoking to the mind and is so endearing to the heart.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 4 2009, 02:43 AM) *

Ram Ratan Dhan Payo (1997)

Here is another non-film album in which Lataji sang all the songs. These are all devotional songs. The music was supervised by Hridyanath who also composed some songs and assisted in every song. Lataji herself was a collaborator in composing music for some songs. One song was composed by Usha Mangeshkar. The compilation of songs was arranged by Pandit Narendra Sharma.

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

The reason why Hridaynath was credited as the 'music supervisor' because most songs in this album were traditional compositions (Vaishnav Jan, Ramcharitmanas, Jai Jagdish Hare) or old compositions by Pt. D V Paluskar (Thumak Chalat, Payo Ji Maine)
amitnaha
Before 24 hours from start of the topic.. it's 3-rd page rolling with uploads and responses. What can be a better testimony about the beauty of the topic started.

Hridaynath-Lata combination created a few bengali Puja-songs too.. and some of them are favorites of mine.

Thanks swarapriya and thank you all.

Amit
sss
Yes, indeed, a great topic - very close to my heart!

One more non-film Lata-Hridaynath Hindi album is Prem Bhakti Mukti.

I'm not sure about Atal Chhatra Sachcha Darbar - some credit this to Hridaynath and some don't...

Regards
Sunil.
Erum Hashmi
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 4 2009, 09:04 AM) *
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ May 3 2009, 11:29 AM) *

Thanks, SP & Abhay!

Erum, the poem about woman you have under your message at once is heart warming as well as deeply moving. The writer has put together thoughts so impressively that they make an indelible impression on your mind and heart. It is very thought provoking to the mind and is so endearing to the heart.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

Yeah! I too find it impressive, thats why I put it as my signatures! smile.gif

HumTum
my signatures

wacko.gif Full song lyrics?
Erum Hashmi
QUOTE(HumTum @ May 4 2009, 03:18 PM) *
my signatures

Ab kuchh din bardaasht kar lo, phir change kar doongi singnatures wink.gif

HumTum
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ May 4 2009, 04:35 PM) *
QUOTE(HumTum @ May 4 2009, 03:18 PM) *
my signatures

Ab kuchh din bardaasht kar lo, phir change kar doongi singnatures wink.gif

Aur koyi option bhi nahin hai.. laugh.gif
sss
Sangeet-ji

Looking forward to your upload of Ram Ki Ganga - LP of which was released as Zindagi Imtihan Leti Hai.

Also, have been looking for ages for 2 songs by Manna Dey and Usha Mangeshkar from Chaani...

Regards
Sunil.
sangeetbhakt
Thanks to both Abhay and SP for the remaining 3 Meera bhajans composed
by Hridaynath.
swarapriya
Thanks to one and all for sending such encouraging messages. Cheers.
swarapriya
Mashaal (1984)

Here is a "huge" movie that came from Yash Chopra. Any movie is huge when it stars Dilip Kumar. Apart from the inimitable Dilipji, this movie also had the talents of Waheeda and Anil Kapoor. On very few occasions, Hridyanath had an opportunity to compose music for such a big movie. He siezes the opportunity to prove his mettle by composing some fine songs. Also, Sahir was a regular lyricist for Yash but this time he handed the duties to Javed Akhtar. The talented Akhtar does a great job of providing some rich lyrics.

Now for the breakdown of the songs and the songs themselves ...
swarapriya
Kalaam-E-Ghalib

Here is another non-film album, this time ghazals, that was composed by Hridyanath. All nine ghazals in this album were sung by Lataji. I will upload these in two separate back to back postings. Here is the first set ...
swarapriya
Ghazals Of "Kalaam-E-Ghalib" Continued ...

Here is the second and the last set of ghazals from this album ...
mayurvarsha
Atal Chhatr Sachcha Darbar was indeed Hridaynath album. I have official CD of it which contains 8 devi bhajans by Lataji and lyrics by Pt. Narendra Sharma. If Swarpriyaji allows, i can upload it here!

This same combination, Hridaynath-Lata-Narendra Sharma was heard in Zindagi Imtehaan Leti Hai in song Raam hai mahaan. This song originally contains 4 antaras but record of this song, which particularly and solely is available in market, contains only two of them. I am also eager to have this and other songs of this film.

Regarding Non Gulzar songs of Lekin, three of them except Dil mein lekar are from Phulwanti an old hindi DD serial starring Arun Govil, Archana Jogalekar and Savita Prabhune. This was an Usha Mangeshkar production.

Harishchandra Taramati, at many places is credited to Laxmikant Pyarelal as composer, but do not find any official record.

However, thanks a lot Swarpriyaji for starting this thread and hope to get more and more.......
abhayp
QUOTE(mayurvarsha @ May 5 2009, 12:06 PM) *

Harishchandra Taramati, at many places is credited to Laxmikant Pyarelal as composer, but do not find any official record.

There are two Hindi films with the name "Harishchandra Taramati":

1963 - MD: Laxmikant-Pyarelal

1970 - MD : Hridaynath Mangeshkar

The songs uploaded by Swarapriya are from the 1970 film, so MD attribution is correct. IIRC, songs from the LP-tuned 1963 film had also been uploaded on HF earlier.

Warm regards,
Abhay

swarapriya
QUOTE(mayurvarsha @ May 4 2009, 11:36 PM) *

Atal Chhatr Sachcha Darbar was indeed Hridaynath album. I have official CD of it which contains 8 devi bhajans by Lataji and lyrics by Pt. Narendra Sharma. If Swarpriyaji allows, i can upload it here!

This same combination, Hridaynath-Lata-Narendra Sharma was heard in Zindagi Imtehaan Leti Hai in song Raam hai mahaan. This song originally contains 4 antaras but record of this song, which particularly and solely is available in market, contains only two of them. I am also eager to have this and other songs of this film.

Regarding Non Gulzar songs of Lekin, three of them except Dil mein lekar are from Phulwanti an old hindi DD serial starring Arun Govil, Archana Jogalekar and Savita Prabhune. This was an Usha Mangeshkar production.

However, thanks a lot Swarpriyaji for starting this thread and hope to get more and more.......

Please. By all means, kindly upload the album you are referring to. Cheers. -S
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(mayurvarsha @ May 4 2009, 11:36 PM) *

There are two films with the same name made within 10 years of each other.
The 1963 film of the name had music by Laxmikant-Pyaarelal and had the following songs:
1. Meghva gagan beech jhaaNke - Lata
2. Jagat bhar ki roshni ke liye - Hemant
3. TooT gayi hai maala boti bikhar chale - Pradeep
4. Dharm ki khaatir bikh gaya raaja - Rafi
5. Mai ek nanha sa mai ek chhoTa sa bachha hooN - Lata
6. Mai teri abhaagan maa hooN - Lata
7. Yeh jawaani phir na aani - Asha, Usha

The 1970 film had music by Hridaynath Mangeshkar and those are the songs that have
correctly been uploaded in this thread.
swarapriya
Maya Memsaab (1992)

Here is another movie that didn't do well even though it had a bold theme. It was loosely based on the famous novel "Madame Bovary". It starred still not widely known young Shah Rukh Khan in supporting but a major role. Here are the songs from this movie with all the details ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.