Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Commentary Cock Ups
Hamara Forums > General > Sports > Cricket
Akhtar
Great Commentary Gaffs

This page is devoted to those most funny of people, the cricket commentators. While they try their best, sometimes things don't always come out quite how they meant! (By the way, if anyone has the transcript of Tony Greig's infamous 'post a bride' comments please send them in!)

"The Queen's Park Oval. Exactly as its name suggests...absolutely round." - Tony Cozier

"And there`s the George Headly Stand, named after George Headly" - Trevor Quirk

"Butcher plays off his black foot" - Brian Johnston (BBC)

"The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey" - Brian Johnston (BBC)

"Beautiful cunt shot" - Bill Lawry (Channel 9)

"What a magnificent shot! No he's out." - Tony Greig (Channel 9)

"There are 25000 people here today and they are all here to watch the cricket" - Loius Karpus

"On the outfield, hundreds of small boys are playing with their balls." - Rex Alston (BBC)

"Omar Henry hit one or two boundries in his seven."- Nic Collins

"Fast bowlers are quick, even at the end of the day. Just watch this - admittedly it's in slow motion." - Ian Chappell (Channel 9)

"For every winner, there has to be a looser in these games." - Tony Greig (Channel 9)

"If you go in with two fast bowlers and one breaks down, you're left two short." - Bob Massie (ABC Radio)

"A very small crowd here today. I can count the people on one hand. Can't be more than 30." - Michael Abrahamson (SABC)

"Welcome to Worcester where you've just missed seeing Barry Richards hitting one of Basil D'Oliveira's balls clean out of the ground." - Brian Johnston (BBC Radio)

"There were congratulations and high-sixes all round." - Richie Benaud (Channel 9)

"This game will be over any time from now." - Alan McGilvray (ABC Radio)

"It is important for Pakistan to take wickets if they are going to make big inroads into this Australian batting line-up." - Max Walker (Channel 9)

"As a result, Tasmania picks up two valuable points, not that they are any value now. The match has already been decided." - Gerry Collins (ABC)

"It's a very good witch in Bombay...good wicket." - Greg Ritchie (Channel 9)

"One of the hardest things is to take a caught and bowled off your own bowling." - Mike Haysam

"Yorkshire 332 all out, Hutton ill - I'm sorry, Hutton 111." - John Snagge (BBC News)

"Glenn McGrath joins Craig McDermott and Paul Reiffel in a three-ponged prace attack." - Tim Gavel (ABC News)

"Ray Illingworth has just relieved himself at the pavilion end." - Brian Johnston (BBC Radio)

"He's usually a good puller, but that time he couldn't get it up." - Richie Benaud (Channel 9)

"In the back of Hughes' mind must be the thought that he will dance down the piss and mitch one." - Tony Greig (Channel 9)

"Laird has been brought in to stand in the corner of the circle." - Richie Benaud (Channel 9)

"Chappell just stood on his feet and smashed it to the boundary." - Jim Maxwell (ABC Radio)

"I was on 99...I got really scared. I pooped my pants, missed the next ball and was bowled." - Victoria's Brad Hodge on an under 12's match.

"Lloyd's talking to his SLIPers." - Channel 9 commentator

"The sight of Bright holds no fright for Wright." - Jim Maxwell (ABC)

"On the first day, Logie decided to chance his arm and it came off." - Trevor Bailey (Radio 3)

"It's been very slow and dull day, but it hasn't been boring. It's been a good, entertaining day's cricket." - Tony Benneworth (ABC Radio)

"It was close for Zaheer, Lawson threw his hands in the air and Marsh threw his head in the air." - Jack Potter (3UZ)

"There's Anil Kumble. We're looking forward to seeing him bat, he's a very useful bowler."

Q: "Darryl, who are your favourite actors?" Cullinan: "Dustin Hoffman and some Aussie bowlers in the act of appealing."

Q: "What's your favourite animal?" Steve Waugh: "Merv Hughes."
orbitor13
its very funny poseur.gif poseur.gif poseur.gif

thanks..akhtarbhai

irfan...
princeali
LoL funny comments laugh.gif

Thanks Akhtar bro thumbs-up.gif
unni
English-woman overhearing the commentator say "Peter May was dropped at two" couldn't resist responding "Hmph! Careless mother!". smile1.gif

Vizzy (the Maharaja of Vizianagram): "Hall has bowled 6 balls, of which two were no-balls, so he has two balls left". tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.