Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rare Asha Songs
Hamara Forums > Legends > Asha Bhonsle
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Priya
Hello friends,
The forum seems rather inactive for the most part these days. Where is everyone?
I am starting a new thread of rare Asha songs--of course the definition of rare is relative but I go by own std (how pompous) of what I have rarely heard in the last 20 yrs of my Asha journey and what I never see in compilations.
Am going to ul a few of such songs that I have (most of them courtesy a dear friend) and also request quite a few wink2.gif
Do join in and add songs and discuss those uled.
The first is from the 1954 film Bazuband--music is by Mohammed Shafi and lyrics by Prem Dhavan. The song is credited to Asha and Hridaynath--the first of their few duets. Till I checked the credits in the VN bk I thot it was another woman but obviously he must have been a boy when Asha was barely past 20.
Ummeed hai at least some of U may not have heard this one. smile1.gif

PS Talkzji if U are there I cannot do better than mp3pro cd quality--U can reconvert to 128 and it will be allright. tongue1.gif
Priya
Here's another. This time from the 1955 film Joru Ka Bhai--a gorgeous number with a classical touch by an MD who always stood by Asha--Jaidev. The 2 of them have created some stunning gems between them and this is one such. Lyrics by Pt Narendra Sharma.

EEEESH I had lined up a few songs for ul all tagged track this and that and then renamed the track wrongly. sad1.gif Correction in post but cannot change file name. cry.gif This song is actually tum kahe ko neha lagaye--music is by Anil Biswas, film is jasoos yr doubtful 50s, lyrics credited in VN bk to both indeevar & Anand Bakshi who both pen individually other songs in the album. Sorry for the goof up but the song is good. Jaidev number coming up soon. smile1.gif
hits
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 9 2005, 10:42 PM)
Here's another. This time from the 1955 film Joru Ka Bhai--a gorgeous number with a classical touch by an MD who always stood by Asha--Jaidev. The 2 of them have created some stunning gems between them and this is one such. Lyrics by Pt Narendra Sharma.

EEEESH I had lined up a few songs for ul all tagged track this and that and then renamed the track wrongly. sad1.gif Correction in post but cannot change file name. cry.gif This song is actually tum kahe ko neha lagaye--music is by Anil Biswas, film is jasoos yr doubtful 50s, lyrics credited in VN bk to both indeevar & Anand Bakshi who both pen individually other songs in the album. Sorry for the goof up but the song is good. Jaidev number coming up soon. smile1.gif

Sajan Tum Kaahe Ko Neha Lagaye - Asha - Jasoos - 1955 - Kumkum
mohd2004
Million thanks Priyaji for these rare uploads in good audio quality.
Great songs and shocking at the same time that they donot appear in RPG/HamaraCD compilations.

Mohd.

roy_bachnoe
Priya,

I'm very sorry ν don't have the song you looking after. I've only ripped the Rafi songs from the movie for the forum...I don't have the movie MOHABBAT ZINDAGI HAI anymore..

regards,

roy

Priya
QUOTE(roy_bachnoe @ Jan 10 2005, 12:27 PM)
Priya,

I'm  very sorry ν don't have the song you looking after. I've only ripped the Rafi songs from the movie for the forum...I don't have the movie MOHABBAT ZINDAGI HAI anymore..

regards,

roy

Wah!! Rafi songs extract karke disc hi phenk diya blab.gif
Ab hum kahan dhoonde in gaanon ko? sad1.gif
Unniiiiiiiiii ahem sorry Unnijiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii do u have the songs of Mohabbat Zindagi Hai?
Priya
QUOTE(mohd2004 @ Jan 10 2005, 10:51 AM)
Million thanks Priyaji for these rare uploads in good audio quality.
Great songs and shocking at the same time that they donot appear in RPG/HamaraCD compilations.

Mohd.

Just glad to give back something for once. I was delighted to get a set of rare gems from a friend. Most of these I have not even heard. I wish HMV would put these up on hamaracd--even as available only as cassette--if it is too much to digitise for a minority. Even Doordarshan has such gems. I wish they would tie up with HMV or some co or release them on their own esp the videos of rare concerts that are of such value to fans. Actually if one as the time, one could watch movies on star Utsav, gold etc between 12 Am & 7 AM --one could record quite a few rare gems. But tough to wait up daily in the hope of catching a song or 2. sad1.gif
Priya
Here is one for today--a lorie this time--very sweet one. Film is Ghar Sansar (1958), music is by Ravi, lyrics by Majrooh.
Priya
Hello friends,
I have a few requests--well I have many but will present only a few wink2.gif

1. Ist one as usual for our song bomber.
From Do Phool (bec U uled the lovely no aayi pari rangbhari)--do U have the song main bezubaan hoon panchi mujhe chodkar dua le!!!
There is another super no which I have--can share if anyone wants it--kanha na chedo bansuri--reminds me of some lata number. Being vasant desai quite poss.

BTW Unni are U sure U do not have the songs from Anjali (1957)--music by Jaidev bec U were the one who uled raat ke pichle pehron mein!

2. The second is a solo from Aakhri Dao--music MM--2 songs were uled here hai unki woh nigahein & tu hi aake sambhal--the one I want is--Na dar sanam laga bhi le

3. Does anyone have songs from a film called Agra Road--there is an Asha solo--suno sunaye aaj tumhe choti si kahani with a fast & slow version. Music by Roshan

4. The songs of Deep Jalte Rahe
I think Cineji had uled daali pe baithi thi dus chidiya
There are 4 more solos
Ek duar naya duniya mein shuru
Cham cham cham geet sunaye meri payal gaye
Tere nayanva mein hamara jiya
Dekhoji ras le gayo bhanwara!!!

So much for now--if someone has any of these songs plzzz ul!!!
P (Asha ke saath wink2.gif )

unni
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 10 2005, 04:22 AM)
QUOTE(roy_bachnoe @ Jan 10 2005, 12:27 PM)
Priya,

I'm  very sorry ν don't have the song you looking after. I've only ripped the Rafi songs from the movie for the forum...I don't have the movie MOHABBAT ZINDAGI HAI anymore..

regards,

roy

Wah!! Rafi songs extract karke disc hi phenk diya blab.gif
Ab hum kahan dhoonde in gaanon ko? sad1.gif
Unniiiiiiiiii ahem sorry Unnijiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii do u have the songs of Mohabbat Zindagi Hai?

LOL! laugh.gif

I vunly av Raaton ko chori chori (jab aap d/l aur u/l karte hain). tongue.gif But if thou sayest I shall obtain them for thou. smile1.gif
Priya
QUOTE(unni @ Jan 11 2005, 12:55 AM)
LOL! laugh.gif

I vunly av Raaton ko chori chori (jab aap d/l aur u/l karte hain). tongue.gif  But if thou sayest I shall obtain them for thou. smile1.gif

As easy as that!!! Unni I want all of Asha's 12,000 songs!!!! blink1.gif
P tongue.gif
unni
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 10 2005, 02:12 PM)
BTW Unni are U sure U do not have the songs from Anjali (1957)--music by Jaidev bec U were the one who uled raat ke pichle pehron mein!

"Raat ke picchle pehron mein" was painfully extracted from a compilation album. Do you know what the judge asked his dentist? "Do you swear you'll pull out the tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth"? laugh.gif
Priya
QUOTE(unni @ Jan 11 2005, 01:03 AM)
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 10 2005, 02:12 PM)

"Raat ke picchle pehron mein" was painfully extracted from a compilation album. Do you know what the judge asked his dentist? "Do you swear you'll pull out the tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth"? laugh.gif

Maana padega painful extraction took U the joke--is it of Ur own making? I presume it is supposed to suffice for not getting the Anjali songs dry.gif --wait a minute--now which compilation had that song on it???? HMV?
BTW did U see my other long list? Or U did and do not have the songs and hence the long silence!!! cry.gif
unni
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 10 2005, 03:08 PM)
the Anjali songs  dry.gif --wait a minute--now which compilation had that song on it???? HMV?
BTW did U see my other long list? Or U did and do not have the songs and hence the long silence!!! cry.gif

The "ANJALI" song is from Vol. 1 of "My Favourites - Asha Bhosle" issued by HMV.

Frankly, I wouldn't even know if I have a particular Asha number unless it is a reasonably well-known song that I recognize by name. Many of her songs are so rare that no-one has heard them. Oops! blab.gif

I believe I've uploaded just about all the less-heard/rare Asha songs I have in various compilations. Of course, if I find some others, you will be the first to hear. smile1.gif
Priya
QUOTE(unni @ Jan 11 2005, 07:12 AM)
The "ANJALI" song is from Vol. 1 of "My Favourites - Asha Bhosle" issued by HMV.

Frankly, I wouldn't eveb  ]know if I have a particular  Asha number unless it is a reasonably well-known song that I recognize by name. Many of her songs are so rare that no-one has heard them. Oops!  blab.gif

I believe I've uploaded just about all the less-heard/rare Asha songs I have in various compilations. Of course, if I find some others, you will be the first to hear. smile1.gif

Not to worry Unni--mere paas saare hisaab hai. I am meticulously scanning all Ur uls and noting film names and comparing with VN bk for Asha songs in the film. tongue.gif Meri nazar tujhpe hai as the song goes smile1.gif
unni
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 11 2005, 03:20 AM)
Not to worry Unni--mere paas saare hisaab hai. I am meticulously scanning all Ur uls and noting film names and comparing with VN bk for Asha songs in the film.  tongue.gif  Meri nazar tujhpe hai as the song goes smile1.gif

Priya-ji, that would be a wasted exercise. A compilation album would usually have only one song from any particular movie. Would need to have the album of the movie to get the rest of the songs. Never had the album of "Mohabbat Zindagi Hai" but had "Raton ko chori chori" for a long time. Similarly, never heard of 'ANJALI" till I came across one song from that movie in the album "My Favourites - Asha Bhosle".

Hey, apart from you just about no one seems to ask for these songs. So why are we tormenting ourselves? blab.gif
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(unni @ Jan 11 2005, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 11 2005, 03:20 AM)
Not to worry Unni--mere paas saare hisaab hai. I am meticulously scanning all Ur uls and noting film names and comparing with VN bk for Asha songs in the film.  tongue.gif  Meri nazar tujhpe hai as the song goes smile1.gif

Hey, apart from you just about no one seems to ask for these songs. So why are we tormenting ourselves? blab.gif

hey Hey HEY !!!!!!
There are a lot of others who eagerly look forward to some of these rare beauties.
"Anjali" for example is a lovely Jaidev album with some lovely songs. Particular
case in point is the Asha solo "Deepak se deepak jal gaye" which ranks among
her best songs. Similarly there is the song "Aa ri pari rang bhari kisne pukaara"
from "Do phool" which is rare to hear in its entirety. So Priya, please continue
to upload or request these songs. I know there is a silent audience out there
(like me).
Priya
QUOTE(unni @ Jan 11 2005, 08:21 PM)
Priya-ji, that would be a wasted exercise. A compilation album would usually have only one song from any particular movie. Would need to have the album of the movie to get the rest of the songs. Never had the album of "Mohabbat Zindagi Hai" but had "Raton ko chori chori" for a long time. Similarly, never heard of 'ANJALI" till I came across one song from that movie in the album "My Favourites - Asha Bhosle".

Unni U are insulting to say the least. U have insulted both Ashaji and me and were it not for respect for Ur advanced years I would be tempted to call U an insensitive boor! U imply that I am not alone important enough to merit a search for the songs and U also imply that searching for Ashaji songs is a torment (where is the extremely outraged purple speechless smilie????). We are both highly displeased and U may consult Ur lawyer or appoint a bodyguard or better still make that both.
Hey newbies on the forum not to worry--I love pulling Unni's leg and he is always very sporting (and can aim a fine punch himself [picture wry smilie])
But seriously is there anyone who has not heard raaton ko chori chori--I have heard it so many times all through my growing years and seen it in so many compilations that were it not an Ashaji no and an exceptionally good one I would be heartily sick of it.
Anjali is an album I am dying to get my hands on--Asha-Jaidev--not everyone's cup of tea but mere liye the finest Darjeeling!!!
Anyway unni baaton mein na talo ji I know U have lots of em old cassettes with a film on each side (and with the Asha version of Rafi solos or the dance number by Asha coolly snipped off by HMV!!!)(more wry smilies)
P wink2.gif
Priya
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Jan 11 2005, 10:32 PM)
hey Hey HEY !!!!!!
There are a lot of others who eagerly look forward to some of these rare beauties.
"Anjali" for example is a lovely Jaidev album with some lovely songs.  Particular
case in point is the Asha solo "Deepak se deepak jal gaye" which ranks among
her best songs.  Similarly there is the song "Aa ri pari rang bhari kisne pukaara"
from "Do phool" which is rare to hear in its entirety.  So Priya, please continue
to upload or request these songs.  I know there is a silent audience out there
(like me).

Thanks for the support silent sangeetbhaktji!!! Ek abala nari ka aapne hausla badhaya--shukriya.
He he forgive me I am in a mad mood today. smile1.gif
BTW U have heard deepak se deepak jal gaye? Do U have the song?
here is another number this time the right naina kahe ko lagaye--song info in 2nd post of this thread.
P smile1.gif
unni
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 11 2005, 12:56 PM)
Unni U are insulting to say the least. U have insulted both Ashaji and me and were it not for respect for Ur advanced years I would be tempted to call U an insensitive boor! U imply that I am not alone important enough to merit a search for the songs and U also imply that searching for Ashaji songs is a torment (where is the extremely outraged purple speechless smilie????). We are both highly displeased and U may consult Ur lawyer or appoint a bodyguard or better still make that both.
Hey newbies on the forum not to worry--I love pulling Unni's leg and he is always very sporting (and can aim a fine punch himself [picture wry smilie])
But seriously is there anyone who has not heard raaton ko chori chori--I have heard it so many times all through my growing years and seen it in so many compilations that were it not an Ashaji no and an exceptionally good one I would be heartily sick of it.
Anjali is an album I am dying to get my hands on--Asha-Jaidev--not everyone's cup of tea but mere liye the finest Darjeeling!!!
Anyway unni baaton mein na talo ji I know U have lots of em old cassettes with a film on each side (and with the Asha version of Rafi solos or the dance number by Asha coolly snipped off by HMV!!!)(more wry smilies)
P wink2.gif

Click to view attachment

>I know U have lots of em old cassettes with a film on each side (and with the Asha version of Rafi solos or the dance number by Asha coolly snipped off by HMV!!!)<

You sure it was HMV and not.......? sunglasses2.gif
Priya
QUOTE(unni @ Jan 12 2005, 12:41 AM)
P wink2.gif

Click to view attachment

>I know U have lots of em old cassettes with a film on each side (and with the Asha version of Rafi solos or the dance number by Asha coolly snipped off by HMV!!!)<

Unniji sambhalke waise bhi us pic ke mutabik ek hi baal hai sar pe--kahin woh bhi na rahe iske baad. angry2.gif
Priya
Here are 2 Ashaji solos from the film Stage--there is one more but I do not have it. sad1.gif
Song info
Film – Stage
Music – Sardar Mallik
Lyrics – Sarshar Sailani
Year – 1951

P bye.gif
Priya
Next one smile1.gif
Priya
Hello friends,
The songs of Lekh form solos 8-12 of Ashaji's career. Here is one.
Info:Suna De Apni Nigah Ka Faisla
Film – Lekh
Music – Krishna Dayal
Lyrics – Qamar Jalalabadi
Year – 1949
P smile1.gif
Priya
Hello friends,
Here is one more less heard track--Barkha Ki Raaton Mein
The film is Shrimatiji (1952), music is by Jimmy & lyrics are by Raja Mehdi Ali Khan.
P smile1.gif

mohd2004
Thanks Priyaji for rarest of rare gems. Such rare numbers never heard before. A great treat for Ashaji's fans.

Mohd.

Priya
QUOTE(mohd2004 @ Jan 15 2005, 01:30 PM)
Thanks Priyaji for  rarest of rare gems.  Such rare numbers never heard before.  A great treat for Ashaji's fans. 

Mohd.

U are welcome Mohdsaab. Always a pleasure to share Ashaji's songs. But the real thanks should go to the friend who sent me these songs and the people who have found/preserved these rare gems. BTW does anyone on the forum have the other songs from Lekh? Because Mukesh fans usually have the duet from this film yeh kafila hai--there are so many Ashaji solos in the film.
P
Priya
Here is another number--maybe some of U will have this one.
Jeevan Veena Ko Jab Chede
Film - Diwali Ki Raat
Music – Snehal Bhatkar
Lyrics – Pt. Fhani
Year – 1956

BTW who was Pt Fhani? See him in so many of these old song credits but never heard any mention of him otherwise!
P
mohd2004
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 15 2005, 02:24 PM)
Thanks Priyaji for  rarest of rare gems.  Such rare numbers never heard before.  A great treat for Ashaji's fans. 

Mohd.

U are welcome Mohdsaab. Always a pleasure to share Ashaji's songs. But the real thanks should go to the friend who sent me these songs and the people who have found/preserved these rare gems. BTW does anyone on the forum have the other songs from Lekh? Because Mukesh fans usually have the duet from this film yeh kafila hai--there are so many Ashaji solos in the film.
P

I have only one duet of Ashaji with Mukeshji from LEKH, ...Ye khafila hai pyar ka chalta hi jayega.... indeed a good song, which I downloaded from Mukeshji's forum. I did some wave editing to remove some needle noise from the original number through the equaliser & not high pass filter, but did not remove noise totally as song becomes too muddy and soft and clarity is lost. Sound is now much better.
FILM: LEKH (1949), Lyrics: Qamar Jalalabadi, MD: Krishna Dayal.
Here you go...2.16MB, track time 2.23 minutes and @128 KBPS.

Mohd.
Priya
QUOTE(mohd2004 @ Jan 16 2005, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 15 2005, 02:24 PM)

Mohd.

P

I have only one duet of Ashaji with Mukeshji from LEKH, ...Ye khafila hai pyar ka chalta hi jayega.... indeed a good song, which I downloaded from Mukeshji's forum. I did some wave editing to remove some needle noise from the original number through the equaliser & not high pass filter, but did not remove noise totally as song becomes too muddy and soft and clarity is lost. Sound is now much better.
FILM: LEKH (1949), Lyrics: Qamar Jalalabadi, MD: Krishna Dayal.
Here you go...2.16MB, track time 2.23 minutes and @128 KBPS.

Mohd.

Thanks Mohdsaab. bow.gif Does no one have the other solos? cry.gif
Priya
Man Mein Mere Suno Piya........
Film – Vishwamitra
Music – B Lakshman
Lyrics – Manohar Khanna
Year – 1952

Typical old world song smile1.gif
P smile1.gif
Priya
Here is another one:
Lehron mein jhoolun taron ko
Film – Society
Music – SD Burman
Lyrics – Sahir Ludhianvi
Year – 1955
The final alaap taken by Ashaji is almost the same as she takes in sakhiri sun bole hai na?
P
Priya
Here is one more-can U guys help me identify this one. I cannot exactly place the first line (tho it sounds innocuous enough)--have tried several options but nothing matched with any entry in the VN bk so no song info. sad1.gif
Calling all Hindi pundits!!!!
Priya
An old old song--Oh Neel Akash Ke Taron Nacho
Film – Neeli
Music – S Mohinder
Lyrics – Surjit Sethi
Year – 1950
man123
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 18 2005, 11:48 PM)
Here is one more-can U guys help me identify this one. I cannot exactly place the first line (tho it sounds innocuous enough)--have tried several options but nothing matched with any entry in the VN bk so no song info. sad1.gif

sorry , dont hav any info bout this song...
wat is this VN book priya ji ???

- Man
Priya
QUOTE(man123 @ Jan 20 2005, 02:38 PM)

- Man

Manji I do not want any song info--I just want someone to give me the first line of the song so that i can check the list of songs and place the song.
The VN bk is Vishwas Nerurkar's bk of all the Hindi songs sung by Asha in films till 1997. He has done bks on Lata, KK, Many mds and so on.
P
Jay
QUOTE(unni @ Jan 11 2005, 08:11 PM)
P wink2.gif

Click to view attachment

Nice pic unni ji! LOL thumbs-up.gif
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 20 2005, 10:49 AM)
QUOTE(man123 @ Jan 20 2005, 02:38 PM)

- Man

Manji I do not want any song info--I just want someone to give me the first line of the song so that i can check the list of songs and place the song.
The VN bk is Vishwas Nerurkar's bk of all the Hindi songs sung by Asha in films till 1997. He has done bks on Lata, KK, Many mds and so on.
P

LOL... day by day u getting way too funny tongue.gif .... Seems you just get lost as soon Asha ji starts ... sa re ga ma.... tongue.gif tongue.gif Were you joking or you really had hard time getting the first line or first stanza of this song ?

Well anyways , here is more info on this song....

Song = ek matwali do naino se madd barsati ayi re jogi dekh jara...
hosh udati aayi re jogi dekh jara(listening the complete mukhda , mad here is referred to madira... which is like a toxicating liquid tongue.gif )

Movie = Kalakar

Year = 1954

Music Director = Vasant Ramchandra (maybe related to C Ramchandra ? might be as the music has very similiarity with Sir Chitalkar Ramchandra)

Lyricist = Sarshar Sailanni

PS : Did you know the only female singer in this movie was Asha ji ? Is there a CD out for this movie ? I guess not as your source looks like LP or Radio ? Its been a long time since I heard "Delhi Se Chale Aye Hair Deedar Ke Liye" ....
Priya
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Jan 20 2005, 10:35 PM)

LOL... day by day u getting way too funny tongue.gif .... Seems you just get lost as soon Asha ji starts ... sa re ga ma.... tongue.gif tongue.gif  Were you joking or you really had hard time getting the first line or first stanza of this song ?

hosh udati aayi re jogi dekh jara(listening the complete mukhda , mad here is referred to madira... which is like a toxicating liquid tongue.gif )

Movie = Kalakar

Year = 1954

Music Director  = Vasant Ramchandra (maybe related to C Ramchandra ? might be as the music has very similiarity with Sir Chitalkar Ramchandra)

PS : Did you know the only female singer in this movie was Asha ji ? Is there a CD out for this movie ? I guess not as your source looks like LP or Radio ? Its been a long time since I heard "Delhi Se Chale Aye Hair Deedar Ke Liye" ....

Aiyyo!!! Yeh to wolf wolf wala kissa ho gaya--I seem to joke around so much when I am dead earnest no one takes me seriously!!! doh.gif Not even when I make a pained request and the ones out to do a job are very much around. cry.gif

No Bawraji I was not joking--I heard it just the same as U but there is no entry in the book for this song!!!! So thot maybe I misheard a word. Now that U said the film is kalakar I checked and there are 6 solos listed but this song--NO!!! The solos are:

1. Kisi ki nazar ka jo ghayal nahi
2. Dhoom machi saari nagariya
3. Mere gham ki unko khabar kyun nahi
4. Mori payal ki jhankar kahe
5. Saiyyan sapne mein mile kal raat
6. Hai re meri angdayi

This song not listed. sad1.gif Not in list of all songs either. Where did u get this info?
BTW Vasant-Ramachandra as I clarified earlier are Vasant Pawar (the Marathi MD) and Ramachandra Vadhavkar.
I have only this song from the film. sad1.gif
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 20 2005, 11:04 AM)

LOL... day by day u getting way too funny tongue.gif .... Seems you just get lost as soon Asha ji starts ... sa re ga ma.... tongue.gif tongue.gif  Were you joking or you really had hard time getting the first line or first stanza of this song ?

Movie = Kalakar

Year = 1954

Music Director  = Vasant Ramchandra (maybe related to C Ramchandra ? might be as the music has very similiarity with Sir Chitalkar Ramchandra)

Aiyyo!!! Yeh to wolf wolf wala kissa ho gaya--I seem to joke around so much when I am dead earnest no one takes me seriously!!! doh.gif Not even when I make a pained request and the ones out to do a job are very much around. cry.gif

No Bawraji I was not joking--I heard it just the same as U but there is no entry in the book for this song!!!! So thot maybe I misheard a word. Now that U said the film is kalakar I checked and there are 6 solos listed but this song--NO!!! The solos are:

6. Hai re meri angdayi

This song not listed. sad1.gif Not in list of all songs either. Where did u get this info?
BTW Vasant-Ramachandra as I clarified earlier are Vasant Pawar (the Marathi MD) and Ramachandra Vadhavkar.

Not sure where Baawra Jay got the info, but this song is also in the Hindi film Geet
Kosh by Harmandir Singh Hamraaz. There are 7 solos in this film according to
the Geet Kosh and this one that you uploaded is the 7th in addition to the ones
you list above.
The Geet Kosh is my bible for Hindi Film music. It is in 5 volumes all the way
till 1980. Word is that he is working on the next volume (1981-1990), but I
don't know when it will be done.

BTW, your response to Unni was extremely funny and extreeeeeeeeeeeemely
clever. Hats off to you.
Priya
Nice song--enjoy!!!
Main Pankh Lagake Udd Jaaoon
Film – Armaan
Music – Sd Burman
Lyrics – Sahir
Year – 1953
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Jan 20 2005, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 20 2005, 11:04 AM)

Movie = Kalakar

Year = 1954

6. Hai re meri angdayi

Not sure where Baawra Jay got the info, but this song is also in the Hindi film Geet
Kosh by Harmandir Singh Hamraaz. There are 7 solos in this film according to
the Geet Kosh and this one that you uploaded is the 7th in addition to the ones
you list above.
The Geet Kosh is my bible for Hindi Film music. It is in 5 volumes all the way
till 1980. Word is that he is working on the next volume (1981-1990), but I
don't know when it will be done.

BTW, your response to Unni was extremely funny and extreeeeeeeeeeeemely
clever. Hats off to you.

I have two additional titles listed besides what Priya ji have mentioned.

1)delhi se chale aaye hain deedar ke liye.....
2)hum aab chhod ke gori....

and ofcourse the song in question i.e. ..... ek matwaali do naino ki.....
so it makes all togather 6 + 3 = 9 songs in this movie ????

So its only 7 songs togather or 7 solos and this 2 duets ? Dunno 100% about the 2nd song hum aab chhod ke gori ... but this Delhi se chale aaye hain deedar ke liye is sure shot deal... think its sung by Balbir and Khan Mastana....

Now when the talk is going on I feel so desperate to listen..... delhi se chale aaye hain deedar ke liye:(( .....
Bawra Jay
Priya... This is much easier to listen wink2.gif no need to know any hindi - bindi tongue.gif .... All you need to know names of all this countries tongue.gif ... ha ha JK...

A Very funny song .... for a very funny gal tongue.gif

HongKong China Meena From Movie HongKong by Asha Ji ofcourse wink2.gif
Bawra Jay
Unni Bro .... aap ke liye bhi kuch hai tongue.gif ..... This song for u wink2.gif ..... might have to change the word Beauty for "Beauty & Brains" after that funny reply by Priya ji... tongue.gif tongue.gif

Oh My God .... Haseeno Ko De Di Kyu Itni BEAUTY.... tongue.gif

Movie = HongKong ....

Singers Rafi & Asha
Priya
Lets do something different. Don't know if there are any takers for Bangla songs and not that rare either but here is some old Rabindrasangeet sung by Hemant Kumar and Ashaji.
P smile1.gif
Priya
Coming up toady 2 songs that I am very very fond of. Dunno how rare they are but I certainly am hearing them for the first time. Both by mds associated mainly with Lataji but who have composed the odd beautiful gem for the younger sis too.
First one from the film that has the lovely aayi pari rang bhari uled earlier by unni.
Here is kanha na chedo bansuri main to aa gayi. Garba type of song it sounds like. Very sweet and lovely.
Film – Do Phool
Music – Vasant Desai
Lyrics – Hasrat Jaipuri
Year – 1958
P smile1.gif
Priya
The second one from that unique MD with a style diff from anyone else and a devout Lata bhakt--Salil Chowdhury.
A rather cute light song this.
Film – Apradhi Kaun
Music – Salil Chowdhury
Lyrics – Majrooh Sultanpuri
Year – 1957

Priya
Here is another rare one:
Ka Sang Khelun Phag Re
Film – Mahatma Kabir
Music – Anil Biswas
Lyrics – Ehsan Rivji
Year – 1954
Priya
Another one smile1.gif
Aaja badli ke sang mera jiya dole re
Film – Dhobi Doctor
Music – Khayyam
Lyrics – Majrooh
Year 1954
Priya
Dunno if this has been posted before but posting anyway.
Na jaane kya boli
Film – The Adventures Of Robinhood
Music – GS Kohli
Lyrics – Anjaan
Year – 1965
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.