Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: English Titled Films With Geeta Songs
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
hildebrand
Starting a thread to make list of films with songs of Geeta ji which have english words in title or are totally in English.

Here's a list to start with to which everybody can contribute:-

1. Mr and Mrs 55
2. Flying prince
3. Jungle King
4. Road No 303
5. Mr Sampat
6. Agra Road
7. Zimbo comes to town (also called as Zimbo sheher mein)
8. Black Prince
9. C.I.D.
10. Paying Guest
11. Diamong King
12. Mr Qartoon M.A.
13. Miss Goodnight
14. Mr Lambu
15. Mr X
16. Taxi Stand
17. Zimbo
18. Mr India
19. Stage
20. Miss Mala
21. Miss Coca Cola
22. Miss Mary
23. Miss 56
24. Miss Chalbaaz
25. Howrah Bridge
26. Bus Conductor
27. Detective
28. Tel Maalish Boot Polish
29. Pocketmaar
30. Fashion
31. Hillstation
32. Son of Sindbad
33. Midnight
34. Film Hi Film
35. Love Marriage
36. Half Ticket
37. Dr Vidya
38. Twelve O' Clock
39. Ten O' Clock
40. Doctor Z
41. Police
42. Light House
43. Coffee House
44. Guest House
45. Son Of India
46. Jungle Boy
47. Deccan Queen
48. Marvelman
49. Tarzan and Captain Kishore
50. Warrant
51. Room No 17
52. Passport
53. Gypsy Girl
54. Dark Street
55. Professor X
56. Circus King
57. Actress
58. Hip Hip Hurray
59. Mala The Mighty
60. Hospital
61. Miss Bombay
62. Passing Show
63. Fighting Queen
64. Wild Cat (also called Bambai Ki Billi)
65. Society
66. Police Detective
67. Band Master
68. Night Club
69. Fashionable Wife
70. Doctor Shaitaan
71. Johnny Walker
72. Circus Queen

There must be many more. smile1.gif
hildebrand
Updated List with more movies.
parag_sankla
Wow, that is an impressive list HB.

Cheers
Parag

hildebrand
Yes, Its bigger than what I had thought of initially. I just started typing the names and the names kept flowing. There must be others as well, I feel.
Request others to add others as well which I may have missed out.
hildebrand
Added some more. I am surprised at having left out some of these earlier. Adding some more after scanning mahesh ji's lovingly prepared filmography. I haven't heard songs of many of these movies. There maybe others in the years mahesh ji is still making filmography. Its a brilliant effort sir. Do let me know if you need any help from me in this regard. Thanks for everything.
hildebrand
Added the bengali Suchitra Sen starrer Hospital to the list. Were there any other regional films of hers with english titles?
hildebrand
According to this post of Lakshmi ji, Miss bombay had a Geeta song as well (which is however missing). So we now have 61 movies in all with english titles!
parag_sankla
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Feb 17 2009, 07:56 AM) *

According to this post of Lakshmi ji, Miss bombay had a Geeta song as well (which is however missing). So we now have 61 movies in all with english titles!

Wow,

Thanks to Lakshmi and HB. I was kind of unaware about this song from Miss Bombay. EM database also lists this song here

http://www.earthmusic.net/hindi-film-songs...vie=miss+bombay

Looking forward to some kind soul to share this rare song "hamko na dekho jaani hans ke" sung by Geeta ji for composer Hansraj Behl sahab for the film Miss Bombay (1957).

Thanks
Parag
hildebrand
Read somewhere of a movie called Passing Show(1956) which had atleast one song Bachna Zara Teer Chale by her
Does anybody have idea about this movie?
hildebrand
Also there is another movie Fighting Queen(1956) with atleast two Geeta songs, Ban Ke Bahaar Aayi hoon and Peehu Peehu Piya Bole.

Film Wild Cat (1960) (also called Bambai Ki Billi) had two Geeta songs Dil ke Paar Ho Gayi Teri Ek Nazar and Dildaar Tu Hai Mera Pyar Tu Hai.

Adding the two movies to the list.
hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Feb 17 2009, 09:33 PM) *

Wow,

Thanks to Lakshmi and HB. I was kind of unaware about this song from Miss Bombay. EM database also lists this song here

Looking forward to some kind soul to share this rare song "hamko na dekho jaani hans ke" sung by Geeta ji for composer Hansraj Behl sahab for the film Miss Bombay (1957).

Thanks
Parag

I think you already got the song now.
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Mar 24 2009, 09:17 PM) *

Read somewhere of a movie called Passing Show(1956) which had atleast one song Bachna Zara Teer Chale by her

This is most probably an unreleased film. Found this song recently on Prof. Surjit Singh's site.

Aditya
Aditya Pant
Dada Burman's Society had one Geeta Dutt Solo and one duet with Rafi.
Then there were:
Chitragupta's Police Detective and Band Master
Madan Mohan's Night Club
Suresh-Talwar's Fashionable Wife
N. Datta's Doctor Shaitan
Bipin Babul's Diamond King
Bulo C. Rani's Black Tiger

And would Johnny Walker qualify? smile1.gif
hildebrand
Thanks Aditya for pointing out some of the missed out films. Updated the list accordingly.

Amused to see there are 70+ films with English titles with songs of Geeta ji.
I still feel we maybe missing some.
hildebrand
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Mar 24 2009, 09:40 PM) *

QUOTE(hildebrand @ Mar 24 2009, 09:17 PM) *

This is most probably an unreleased film. Found this song recently on Prof. Surjit Singh's site.

Aditya

No its a released film.
A search on net revealed that it was a movie starring Chandrashekhar, Shakeela, Poornima and Daljeet. According to a second site the movie also had Pradeep Kumar, Vyjyanthimala, Shashikala, Helen, Om Prakash, Parveen Paul and a host of other actors as part of it.
It was directed by Bhagwan and was produced by Mukul Pictures.
According to that article the movie had music by MD Jai Ram (He's a new MD to me. Perhaps members know more about him).
Rajneesh ji has mentioned about one song in one of his posts as having S Balbir as MD so perhaps it had more than one MDs:-
o my dear bolo na - Uma Devi Tuntun & S Balbir - Passing Show (1956) - M. L. Khanna - S Balbir

A search on earthmusic reveals it has other Geeta songs as well: http://www.earthmusic.net/hindi-film-songs...ie=passing+show
Anybody having the other songs of the movie than Bachna Zara.
parag_sankla
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Mar 24 2009, 08:56 AM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Feb 17 2009, 09:33 PM) *

Wow,

Thanks
Parag

I think you already got the song now.

Yes HB, I did get the song, but did not update this post here.

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Feb 10 2009, 11:38 AM) *

Starting a thread to make list of films with songs of Geeta ji which have english words in title or are totally in English.

Here's a list to start with to which everybody can contribute:-

12. Mr Qartoon M.A.

There must be many more. smile1.gif

I am not sure if there is a song by Geeta ji in this film.

hildebrand
Mr Qartoon M.A. has a geeta-asha duet, "Dil Tera Deewana O Mastani Bulbul .. tum kitna beautiful haaye". Infact this is the last recorded Geeta song for O.P. Nayyar.

A kata-phata version of the song can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3GNXecdwdQ

I'll upload the song if you want.
I got it from lakshmi ji's upload sometime back. I rate it as one of top 3 geeta-asha duets.
parag_sankla
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Mar 25 2009, 06:15 AM) *

Mr Qartoon M.A. has a geeta-asha duet, "Dil Tera Deewana O Mastani Bulbul .. tum kitna beautiful haaye". Infact this is the last recorded Geeta song for O.P. Nayyar.

A kata-phata version of the song can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3GNXecdwdQ

I'll upload the song if you want.
I got it from lakshmi ji's upload sometime back. I rate it as one of top 3 geeta-asha duets.

Oops..I am sorry, how could I forget this song. I do remember and have this song but mistook it for "Jhuki jhuki pyar ki nazar" from Johny Walker. Yes, this is the swan song of Geeta ji for OP. Still "Mera naam çhin chin choo" is considered the "solo" swan song of hers for OP.

BTW, we have come up with a very comprehensive list. Thanks to all the contributors.

Regards
Parag
hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Mar 25 2009, 09:42 PM) *

Oops..I am sorry, how could I forget this song. I do remember and have this song but mistook it for "Jhuki jhuki pyar ki nazar" from Johny Walker. Yes, this is the swan song of Geeta ji for OP. Still "Mera naam çhin chin choo" is considered the "solo" swan song of hers for OP.

BTW, we have come up with a very comprehensive list. Thanks to all the contributors.

Regards
Parag

Now thats a personal opinion. I consider Baaz songs as her swan best songs for O.P. Nayyar!
Yes, contributors have got together a fantastic list. I hadn't thought there maybe 70+ such movies.
parag_sankla
Baaz songs as swan songs for OPN?? Baaz is just the second GD-OPN association!

hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Mar 25 2009, 11:37 PM) *

Baaz songs as swan songs for OPN?? Baaz is just the second GD-OPN association!

Any song can be swan song Parag! The order is immaterial.
The Baaz songs are the best she has rendered for him as far as I am concerned.

Meaning of swan song From English-Hindi Freedict Dictionary [fd-eng-hin]:

swansong <N.>

1. अतिम कति
"This is my swansong."

Note that it is atim kriti - that is best one - advitiya could be another meaning. last one.
parag_sankla
Well all these days, I was thinking that swan-song is the last song. This is what wikipedia has to say:

By extension, swan song has become an idiom referring to a final theatrical or dramatic appearance, or any final work or accomplishment. It generally carries the connotation that the performer is aware that this is the last performance of his or her lifetime, and is expending everything in one magnificent final effort.

So far I have been reading that 3 songs from Anubhav were swan songs of Geeta ji. So I was thinking that swan song refers to the last (not necessarily the best).

The dictionary meaning you have provided also probably says the same thing : Antim Kriti (The last piece of work)

Regards
Parag
hildebrand
Hmm, I got the meaning wrong then! headbang.gif I wonder how swans of all birds got linked to this! hairpull.gif Swans are so beautiful, white and perfect making me think that the best song was perfect and the swan song! blink1.gif
Point accepted. My idioms need revising soon. study.gif
parag_sankla
No worries dear.

I am glad we have compiled a comprehensive list of over 70 films with English titles having songs of Geeta ji so far.

I must appreciate you for giving new life to Geeta Dutt forum on HF for coming up with innovative and creative ideas.

Best Regards
Parag

hildebrand
You are most welcome Parag.
Whatever I do here is thanks to inspiring people like mahesh ji, you and many others here who make our sometimes mundane lives fill with joy with Geeta ji's songs.
Let us thank all people whose untiring efforts make this forum an enjoyable visit.
On this holi day, I Wish all members a very happy Cheti Chand, Gudi Padwa and Ugadi.
parag_sankla
So the list so far is :

1. Mr and Mrs 55
2. Flying prince
3. Jungle King
4. Road No 303
5. Mr Sampat
6. Agra Road
7. Zimbo comes to town (also called as Zimbo sheher mein)
8. Black Prince
9. C.I.D.
10. Paying Guest
11. Diamong King
12. Mr Qartoon M.A.
13. Miss Goodnight
14. Mr Lambu
15. Mr X
16. Taxi Stand
17. Zimbo
18. Mr India
19. Stage
20. Miss Mala
21. Miss Coca Cola
22. Miss Mary
23. Miss 56
24. Miss Chalbaaz
25. Howrah Bridge
26. Bus Conductor
27. Detective
28. Tel Maalish Boot Polish
29. Pocketmaar
30. Fashion
31. Hillstation
32. Son of Sindbad
33. Midnight
34. Film Hi Film
35. Love Marriage
36. Half Ticket
37. Dr Vidya
38. Twelve O' Clock
39. Ten O' Clock
40. Doctor Z
41. Police
42. Light House
43. Coffee House
44. Guest House
45. Son Of India
46. Jungle Boy
47. Deccan Queen
48. Marvelman
49. Tarzan and Captain Kishore
50. Warrant
51. Room No 17
52. Passport
53. Gypsy Girl
54. Dark Street
55. Professor X
56. Circus King
57. Actress
58. Hip Hip Hurray
59. Mala The Mighty
60. Hospital
61. Miss Bombay
62. Passing Show
63. Fighting Queen
64. Wild Cat (also called Bambai Ki Billi)
65. Society
66. Police Detective
67. Band Master
68. Night Club
69. Fashionable Wife
70. Doctor Shaitaan
71. Johnny Walker
72. Commander
73. Captain Kishore
74. Black Tiger
75. Fifty Fifty
76. Lady Of The Lake
77. Lady Robinhood
78. Mr. John
79. Superman
80. Taxi 555

Any more?
prakashs
you missed very famous example
commander

right?
parag_sankla
Thanks Prakash jee, I have updated the list now.

Looking forward to seeing more of you here in Geeta ji's forum.

Best Regards
Parag

hildebrand
We also forgot Captain Kishore biggrin.gif
prakashs
can 'sheikh chilli' count?
parag_sankla
Prakash ji

I think Sheikh Chilli is a name of a person. Most likely does not fit our theme.

Best Regards
Parag

prakashs
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 3 2009, 10:21 AM) *

Prakash ji

I think Sheikh Chilli is a name of a person. Most likely does not fit our theme.

Best Regards
Parag

you're right - i think it's the name of a person too.

found another one - 'black tiger'
parag_sankla
Thanks Prakash ji. The updated list is here

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=589866

Regards
Parag
Ittefaq
Few more... smile.gif

Fifty Fifty
Lady Of The Lake
Lady Robinhood
Mr. John
Superman
Taxi 555
parag_sankla
Thanks Ittefaq ji for the additions. I have updated the list now.

Best Regards
Parag
hildebrand
is there a movie called Faraar Police(1957)

Prof ji's site uploaded a song recently as a duet with hemant kumar, Log Peete Hain Ladkhadaate Hain. Geeta portion seems to be same as Chale Hum Kahaan from Police(1958). Any ideas anyone?

Here's link to that song:-
CODE

http://hindi-films-songs.com/song2/1957_Faraar  Police 1957__Log Peete Hain Faraar  Chale Hum_Hemant Kumar  Hemant Kumar  Geeta Dutt.mp3

parag_sankla
Looks like this is the case of 2 songs combined together. "Log peete hain" from the film Faraar (1957) and "Chale hum kahan" from the film Police (1958).

I don't think there is any film titled Faraar Police.

hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 9 2009, 09:21 PM) *

Looks like this is the case of 2 songs combined together. "Log peete hain" from the film Faraar (1957) and "Chale hum kahan" from the film Police (1958).

I don't think there is any film titled Faraar Police.

That is what my opinion too was from the face of it.
prakashs
both faraar and police good music tracks by hemant
And as Parag Ji mentioned, they are separate movies
parag_sankla
Thanks to all for their inputs. The list of all the film names found so far has been updated here:

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=589866

hildebrand
Added Circus Queen 1959 to the list. It has a reused song of Geeta ji with Rafi sahab Hum Tumse Poochte Hain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.