Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Laxmikant Pyarelal - 1964 To 1988
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Dharmaan Khan
ok guys, im starting this thread to share some of the rare albums of the Duo and most importantly to spread the music of LP

guys u will have to bear with some of the quality, as some of the rare ones wich are not available on casette, cd or vinyl, ive had to rip from VHS

ok im gonna start with :

FILM: Wafaa
Year: 1972
*ing Sanjay Khan, Rakhee
Dharmaan Khan
another 3 tracks to go
will U/L later
Dharmaan Khan
last 3 of wafaa
Nimii
Thanks Dharmaan!

N *smiles happily*
Guru
QUOTE(Dharmaan Khan @ Dec 27 2004, 04:23 AM)
ok guys, im starting this thread to share some of the rare albums of the Duo and most importantly to spread the music of LP

guys u will have to bear with some of the quality, as some of the rare ones wich are not available on casette, cd or vinyl, ive had to rip from VHS

ok im gonna start with :

FILM: Wafaa
Year: 1972
*ing Sanjay Khan, Rakhee

Jeo Shera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the upload

Guru
thumbs-up.gif thumbs-up.gif thumbs-up.gif thumbs-up.gif thumbs-up.gif
Jay
great stuff Dharmaan bhai!!
Dharmaan Khan
ok , here goes the next one

FILM: SHAADI KE BAAD (1972)
JEETENDRA, RAKHEE, SHATRUGHAN SINHA

Dharmaan Khan
ok , here goes the next one

FILM: SHAADI KE BAAD (1972)
JEETENDRA, RAKHEE, SHATRUGHAN SINHA

Dharmaan Khan
remaining 2 tracks
Saj1974
Great work Dharmaan, I like your dedication to LP. clap1.gif

Its important LP are not forgotten, its a shame they don't get the same due respect as RDB after Laxmi's death. LP were much superior, remix albums have kept RDB memories alive.

Before anyone jumps down my throat I love RDB and KA music too, but facts are fact they couldn't topple LP from the no.1 slot.

I'll contribute a few albums too, IMO the greatest music composers (along with Shankar Jaikishan) in the history of Hindi Industry, based on commercial success over 33years.

Regs
Saj
jairaj
bow.gif Dharmaanbhai thank you so much for these.
Dharmaan Khan
QUOTE(Saj1974 @ Dec 28 2004, 11:13 AM)
Great work Dharmaan, I like your dedication to LP.  clap1.gif

Its important LP are not forgotten, its a shame they don't get the same due respect as RDB after Laxmi's death. LP were much superior, remix albums have kept RDB memories alive.

Before anyone jumps down my throat I love RDB and KA music too, but facts are fact they couldn't topple LP from the no.1 slot.

I'll contribute a few albums too, IMO the greatest music composers (along with Shankar Jaikishan) in the history of Hindi Industry, based on commercial success over 33years.

Regs
Saj

thnk u , sajid sahab

RdB and KA were great great md's too
for instance, LP could never come up with a song like "kis Karan Naiyya doli" from Dacait By RDB

but what differentiates LP is of course their orchestra, but more importantly was their innovateness in their tunes (tarz) , for instance tu mera Hero Hai from hero was a tune that was alien at the time, i mean i can remember listening to it as a kid when it first came out, and it was so different to what we normally heard at those times.

and look at the hits they have given Lata Jee, can any other MD come near to the amount of hits they have given lata jee??

bindiya chamkegi
main tere ishq mein
apni prem kahaniyan
maar diya jaaye
dulhan banti hain
sheeshi bhari ghulaab ki
oh mitwa
aise tadpon jaise jal bin machli

the list is endless

anyway, i think its gonna be forums like this and ppl like u and me who are gonna revive ther music

thnx

DKhan

Dharmaan Khan
Ok heres the next album

Film: Keemat
Year: 1973

Dharmaan Khan
tracks 3 & 4
Dharmaan Khan
tracks 5 & 6
hits
QUOTE(Dharmaan Khan @ Dec 29 2004, 05:54 AM)

and look at the hits they have given Lata Jee, can any other MD come near to the amount of hits they have given lata jee??

thnx

DKhan

Ya'll talkin' 'bout me?
Dharmaan Khan
QUOTE(hits @ Dec 30 2004, 05:22 AM)
QUOTE(Dharmaan Khan @ Dec 29 2004, 05:54 AM)

thnx

DKhan

Ya'll talkin' 'bout me?

lol, actually i was talking about "hits" As in asassination terms
Lata NIKITA , instead of little Nikita, now thats a brilliant name for our top female "Hit" singer smile1.gif smile1.gif smile1.gif
princeali
Nice work Dharmaan bhai. LP definetely stand out as one of the most accomplished and greatest music directors not only in the history of Hindi Film music but also in the history of Indian Film Music itself. The amount of good songs they gave is just phenominal and the amount of hits they produced can only be matched by few. To add to this they gave every leading singer of that time alot of good songs in their repetoire. Alot of MD's were restricted to their favourite singers, examples being Pancham with Kishore/Lata/Asha/Rafi......Madan Mohan mainly with Lata/Rafi/Talat......but LP like SJ and KA used Rafi/Lata/Mukesh/Asha/Kishore and others to good use even though they mainly reserved their best for Rafi saab and Lata ji. It is true that their music has not been appreiciated alot by the critics, but their record stands out as being the number 1 music directors for a very long period of time.

This should not take away from greats such as RDB or KA who also had very good music. RDB was the master innovator and at times was much more innovative than any MD in his era, and KA also had a good record of great music, but LP consistently gave good tunes and never let the melody go astray with their music. They have composed the maximum amount of songs for the King and Queen of singing, Rafi and Lata as well as their duets for this legendary pair are out of this world. Their orchestration as Dharmaan bhai mentioned was classy, following along the lines of SJ at first but then coming up with their own style.

One must not forget the contribution Rafi and Lata made to bring this combo up. If you look from about 1966-1971, the majority of the great songs by the duo were sung by Rafi/Lata. It is said that Rafi saab would always make room for LP in his recording schedule because he loved them and their work. So LP had the talent, all they needed was backing from these two singers which they received and the rest as they say is history.

LP are one of my favourite MD's and I would rank them amongst the Top 3 MD's of the golden era. It doesn't matter if critics do not appreciate their work, the facts lie infront of us all and it is up to us fans to spread their music so that others may appreiciate it as well. Good job Dharmaan bhai starting this thread as a tribute to possibly the greatest (leaving aside SJ) music director pair to have been heard. I can also contribute songs with you and Saj bhai (I don't if you are looking for full albums or just songs itself).

Cheers bye.gif

Ali
Dharmaan Khan
brilliant princeali

very good insight

nice to have another LP Fan among us

u dont need to contribute full albums, main point is to spread the music of LP.
as fans thats all we can do is pay our tributes with watever we can, just appreciating their music is enough

cheers to u and cheers To LAXMIKANT PYARELAL
Dharmaan Khan
heres one of my favourite LP soundtracks

FILM: SAMRAAT
YEAR: 1982

*ING, dharmendra, jeetendra, zeenat aman, hema malini, amjad khan, kadar khan and shashikala

6 tracks

Dharmaan Khan
tracks 3 & 4
Dharmaan Khan
tracks 5 & 6
princeali
Some may not know this, but Rajesh Roshan used to be an assistant to LP before he became an independant music director. Basically, he learned alot about music from Laxmikant, and LP trained him and guided him and put him under their wings. I picked up some info recently on Pancham Da's Yahoo groups and this is what it said :

When interviewed and asked about their favourite albums, Rajesh Roshan chose SARGAM as his all-time favourite. He said he got a call from his brother who insisted that he had got to listen to the album. RR said that he thought that the album was simply out of this world, and he phoned Laxmikant straightaway to offer his congratulations.

Sargam IMO was one of the standout albums of the 70's decade. No one has been able to create such music ever again. It was primarily based on indian classical and folk music and concentrated on the "Daf". Pyarelal said in a recent interview, that except for a few arrangements, he didn't do that much for Sargam as it was all Laxmikant. I have the music on CD and if you want I can upload it as it is in very clear quality.

Cheers

Jay
very nice prinaceali ji!
princeali
Here are the songs of Ek Duuje Ke Liye (1981) ripped from my CD :

Tere Mere Beech Mein - Lata Mangeshkar & SPB
Hum Tum Dono Jab Mil Jayen - Lata Mangeshkar & SPB
Mere Jeevan Saathi - SPB & Anuradha
Hum Bane Tum Bane - Lata Mangeshkar & SPB
Solah Baras Ki Bali Umar Ko - Lata Mangeshkar & Anoop Jalota
Tere Mere Beech Mein - SPB

Here are the first two : Tere Mere Beech Mein & Hum Tum Dono Jab Mil Jayen
princeali
Mere Jeevan Saathi & Hum Bane Tum Bane
princeali
Solah Baras Ki Bali Umar Ko & Tere Mere Beech Mein (SPB version)
princeali
The songs of Sargam have been uploaded in the Rafi saab forum at this link :

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=7066
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.