Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Kbps Funda
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
masoomkamal
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]Please tell me what is the difference between the songs which are in 128 kbps and 32 kbps and so on? Does the quality of 128 kbps is better than 32? How can one determine about the kbps? How can we know what kbps the particular song has? Does the higher kbps song take more time to be downloaded? Can a 32 kbps song be converted into 128 or higher? If the higher kbps songs are of best quality, then why some songs are made in lower kbps?
Please explain the funda of kbps...... and if this subject is discussed before, please let me/us know the links. And the experienced members, please dont laugh (or LOL etc.) as I am not qualified in sound engineering like most of the other members.
Thanks and Best Regards.
Akhtar
Its the quality of the song. Gennerally 128ks + is regarded as good qulaity audio.
AzgarKhan
128 Kpbs or 96 Kpbs etc are the compression rates under which the file is compressed from the raw format.

Usually an audio file is 50 to 60 mb in size when its in raw format. They use different compression algorithms/techniques to compress the raw files, these algorithms/compression techniques differ from one company to other. Few of these famous techniques are MP3 and WMA.

-Azgar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.