Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Macrovision Vision Not Enabled In All Dvd's
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
catch22
Hi guys,
Good news that HF is up & lively. We have got so used to this forum that it is difficult to get by without making our darshans. Cheers to the administration.
Just to clarify on the matter of DVD players. Even the leading manufacturers do not abide by the rules, as the competition is very stiff. Regulations are not the same in all areas. Commercially, in certain regions you have DVD players available, in which the macrovision is not enabled, either the manufacturer disables it or the distributor is encouraged to do this. This is not the case in North America, I presume. For Hindi movie buffs, you may rest content that as the costs of incorporating macrovision into the DVD is quite steep most of them do not have this feature.
Quite a few of the region specific DVD players do not play original DVD's made for other regions. You travel abroad, buy the original DVD's at some expense, only to find that your player gives you a region error code. But, there is a simple solution for this, you can make your DVD player a multi-region one with a few pushes on your remote control ( for most of them).
The availability of so many DVD movies (copies) in South East Asia, Asia & to a lesser extent in Europe is a sure sign that macrovision is not effective in these parts. For the keen enthusiast there are also ways & means by which you can disable macrovision with or without opening your set-top box.

Chitralekha
Hey! thats a good info to have. Mine is latest one and plays even the cheapest VCDs from India but I can surely use this info. Thanks for posting.
When you get a chance, do look at my other post in this forum. thanks smile1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.