Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Song Request: Shahida (1947)
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Faraaj73
Hello

I'm looking for a song titled Dar Ba Dar Phirte Hain from the film Shahida. This film was being made around the time of partition and there's some confusion about who the MD is - Ghulam Haider or GA Chishti.

Appreciate if any member can upload the song and also fill in the information gap on year of release, MD and singer.

Kind Regards
Faraaj
surhall
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Oct 13 2008, 11:27 AM) *

Hello

I'm looking for a song titled Dar Ba Dar Phirte Hain from the film Shahida. This film was being made around the time of partition and there's some confusion about who the MD is - Ghulam Haider or GA Chishti.

Appreciate if any member can upload the song and also fill in the information gap on year of release, MD and singer.

Kind Regards
Faraaj

hi,
First Pakistani Film

“Teri Yaad” (Urdu) was filmed in Lahore and released on 7 August 1948. However director Luqman always claimed his film “Shahida” (18 March 1949) being the first Pakistani film as he started shooting it first.

i have one song same movie singer Munawwar Sultana

dhall
Exon

Hello

Kind Regards
Faraaj

I do not have your requested song.
I have the following info posted by a senior member, Urzung Khan.

Shahida's filming began in 1947. Master Ghulam Haider, the assigned MD, had composed four songs when partition came and further work got stopped.
Hakim Ahmad Shuja Pasha, the producer, could start the work again in 1948 but at that time Ghulam Haider was busy in Bombay and showed his inability to do the remaining music work. So G A Chishti did the remaining music work. Shahida was released in 1949.
The following songs were composed by Ghulam Haider:

alvidaa alvidaa
dar ba bar phirte hain
duniya se jo mita hai
ye kam-bhakht do dil bhi milne na paate

Hope this helps,

Exon
surhall

sangeet ka safar have more

"Urdu" films for Year "1949"

Film Shahida

Film Date 1949-03-18 M.

Producer--Akbar

Director--Luqman

Composer Ghulam Haidar

Stars Shamim, Nasir, Hamalia Wala,

dhall

Faraaj73
QUOTE(Exon @ Oct 14 2008, 08:23 AM) *

Hello

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Shahida's filming began in 1947. Master Ghulam Haider, the assigned MD, had composed four songs when partition came and further work got stopped.
Hakim Ahmad Shuja Pasha, the producer, could start the work again in 1948 but at that time Ghulam Haider was busy in Bombay and showed his inability to do the remaining music work. So G A Chishti did the remaining music work. Shahida was released in 1949.

alvidaa alvidaa
dar ba bar phirte hain
duniya se jo mita hai

Hope this helps,

Exon

Thank You Exon Jee and Dhall Saab for the info.

I guess the song does exist then even if its not widely known. I'll send a PM to Urzung Saab on the odd chance that he may have this song in his collection.

Kind Regards
Faaaj
surhall
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Oct 17 2008, 12:16 PM) *

Hello

Kind Regards
Faraaj

alvidaa alvidaa
dar ba bar phirte hain
duniya se jo mita hai

Hope this helps,

Exon

I guess the song does exist then even if its not widely known. I'll send a PM to Urzung Saab on the odd chance that he may have this song in his collection.

Kind Regards
Faaaj

HI, very good if get song u/l here also
soon i u/ list of singer ,actor, music dir, geetkaar other top in top lifet from India than in Pakistan give very big hid music , acting, geet, movie , from my side very rare and best song and new , picture
singer from India sing in Pakistani movie,
soon u.l here.
dhall
Faraaj73
QUOTE(surhall @ Oct 18 2008, 05:02 AM) *

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Oct 17 2008, 12:16 PM) *

Hello

Kind Regards
Faraaj

alvidaa alvidaa
dar ba bar phirte hain
duniya se jo mita hai

Hope this helps,

Exon

Kind Regards
Faaaj

HI, very good if get song u/l here also
soon i u/ list of singer ,actor, music dir, geetkaar other top in top lifet from India than in Pakistan give very big hid music , acting, geet, movie , from my side very rare and best song and new , picture
singer from India sing in Pakistani movie,
soon u.l here.
dhall

Dhall Saab

I'll look forward to your uploads.

Kind Regards
Faraaj
tumtum_tajik
QUOTE(Exon @ Oct 14 2008, 03:53 AM) *

Hello

Kind Regards
Faraaj

alvidaa alvidaa
dar ba bar phirte hain
duniya se jo mita hai

Hope this helps,

Exon

i have records from the film shaida.
will play when loged in to the radio.

waheed
surhall
QUOTE(tumtum_tajik @ Oct 19 2008, 01:56 PM) *

Hello

Kind Regards
Faraaj

alvidaa alvidaa
dar ba bar phirte hain
duniya se jo mita hai

Hope this helps,

Exon

waheed

hi pl u/ song here if u have disc ,this movie 99% 78rpm disc have ???

dhall
tumtum_tajik
QUOTE(surhall @ Oct 19 2008, 04:31 PM) *

Hello

Kind Regards
Faraaj

alvidaa alvidaa
dar ba bar phirte hain
duniya se jo mita hai

Hope this helps,

Exon

waheed

dhall

dhall sahebbb,
yes i have the 78 rpm disc.

waheed
aryanraj
i would like to listen the songs also, how i may get the songs plz tell me
Faraaj73
QUOTE(tumtum_tajik @ Oct 19 2008, 09:08 PM) *

Hello

Kind Regards
Faraaj

alvidaa alvidaa
dar ba bar phirte hain
duniya se jo mita hai

Hope this helps,

Exon

waheed

dhall

dhall sahebbb,

waheed

Waheed Saab

I also request, please u/l kar dijiye. If there is any other good song in the film apart from Dar Ba Dar, would love to hear that as well.

Kind Regards
Faraaj
tumtum_tajik
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Oct 20 2008, 02:25 PM) *

QUOTE(tumtum_tajik @ Oct 19 2008, 09:08 PM) *

Hello

Kind Regards
Faraaj

alvidaa alvidaa
dar ba bar phirte hain
duniya se jo mita hai

Hope this helps,

Exon

waheed

dhall

dhall sahebbb,

waheed

Waheed Saab

I also request, please u/l kar dijiye. If there is any other good song in the film apart from Dar Ba Dar, would love to hear that as well.

Kind Regards
Faraaj

hi Faraaj,
i played the songs three or four times on the radio, the following songs were played on the radio from the film shaida:
1. ye kambakht du dil bhi, munawar sultana
2. dar bar phirte hain hum aasira koi nahe. munawar sultana
3. dunya se jo mita hai humara nishan. munawar sultana
4. parde parde may. ali bakhsh and munawar sultana
5. an other song i dont remeber the title

waheed
Faraaj73
[quote name='tumtum_tajik' date='Nov 2 2008, 03:34 AM' post='544290']

[/quote]

hi Faraaj,
i played the songs three or four times on the radio, the following songs were played on the radio from the film shaida:
1. ye kambakht du dil bhi, munawar sultana
2. dar bar phirte hain hum aasira koi nahe. munawar sultana
3. dunya se jo mita hai humara nishan. munawar sultana
4. parde parde may. ali bakhsh and munawar sultana
5. an other song i dont remeber the title

waheed
[/quote]
Waheed Saab

I've never used HF Radio so I unfortunately missed the songs when you played them. I'd really appreciate if you would upload or email them to me.

Kind Regards
Faraaj
tumtum_tajik
here is the song,

dar ba dar phirten hain hum. 78 rpm version
film. shaida (PAK)
singer. munawar sultana
bit rate. 128 kbps

music director for the songs was infact Ghulam Haider Saab, but on the record it is mentioned as G A Chishti,ghulam haider saab name is not shown on ther records despite he composed the songs.

four songs were composed by Ghulam haider saab, and rest of the songs from Chishti saab as Ghulam haider saab was in india and he couldnt come to pak due to his busy schedule.

enjoy and respond.

waheed
surhall
QUOTE(tumtum_tajik @ Nov 2 2008, 09:37 AM) *

here is the song,

film. shaida (PAK)
singer. munawar sultana
bit rate. 128 kbps

music director for the songs was infact Ghulam Haider Saab, but on the record it is mentioned as G A Chishti,ghulam haider saab name is not shown on ther records despite he composed the songs.

four songs were composed by Ghulam haider saab, and rest of the songs from Chishti saab as Ghulam haider saab was in india and he couldnt come to pak due to his busy schedule.

enjoy and respond.

waheed

very good rare song,
dhall
Faraaj73
QUOTE(tumtum_tajik @ Nov 2 2008, 02:07 PM) *

here is the song,

film. shaida (PAK)
singer. munawar sultana
bit rate. 128 kbps

enjoy and respond.

waheed

Waheed Saab

How to thank you! As well as being a beautiful song, it is truly rare as well! Munawar Sultana has poured her heart and soul into singing it.

Kind Regards
Faraaj
vdsachin
Is there a chance that this song can be re-uploaded by someone smile.gif
Faraaj73
QUOTE(vdsachin @ Dec 1 2008, 08:54 PM) *

Sachin Bhai

I re-uploaded it 2 days ago on Lesser and Unknown (my notorious thread!) with due credit to Waheed Bhai for coming up with this gem....

Kind Regards
Faraaj
vdsachin
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Dec 1 2008, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(vdsachin @ Dec 1 2008, 08:54 PM) *

Sachin Bhai

I re-uploaded it 2 days ago on Lesser and Unknown (my notorious thread!) with due credit to Waheed Bhai for coming up with this gem....

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Thank You SO Much Faraaj Sahab - for re-uploading it - Thank You So Much Waheed Sahab for sharing the song. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.