Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Films Of The '40s - Anjuman (1948)
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Harishankar
The 1951-60 decade is generally regarded as the "golden age" of Hindi film music. There is no wishing away the quality of compositions we got to hear in this period; however, if my opinion were asked, I would slightly modify the period to 1947-1956, rather than 1951-1960. For some of our best music was created, and peerlessly vocalized, in the 1947-50 period. This was attributable, to no small extent, to the fact that our stalwart singers were all in their formative years then and, consequently, at their most expressive. I just posted Geeta Roy, in such an expressive mood, in five 'Anjna' numbers, in 1948, and, here, by way of further example, hear these evergreen 'Anjuman' numbers, as composed by Bulo C Rani, and as memorably rendered by Shamshad & Mukesh:

Click to view attachment (128/3.05)

Click to view attachment (160/3.17)

Click to view attachment (50/2.52)

Anyone who could post these other 'Anjuman' numbers?

(1) Bachke kahan bachke kahan bachke kahan jaaoge - Uma & Smt Vishnilal
(2) Kaise aankhon mein chhupaake aa gaye - Shamshad
(3) Phir mere dil mein woh aane lage - Shamshad
(4) Mere honton par hansi hai aaj kal - Shamshad
(5) Aa aa ke wohi yaad sataaye - Shamshad
(6) Kisi tarah dil he na jab chain paaye - Smt Vishnilal
(7) Haal-e-dil kisko sunaoon raazdaan koi nahin - Shamshad
(8) Hazraat kyon ki kaafi der ho chuki hai - Nargis & Uma Devi

Hari

Exon
Harishankar,

Thanks a lot for Anjuman and several other rare albums from the 50s.

Did Shamshad Begum sing 'Ae jazba-e-dil gar main chahoon' ghazal for this movie or any other old movie?
I have a note that suggests that she sang the ghazal for Anjuman. But now I can't remember where I got this information or it's accuracy.

Exon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.