Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Films Of The '50s - Musafirkhana (1955)
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Harishankar
'Opee' Nayyar was, to the consternation of the other truist composers who held sway then, the highest paid music director in the latter half of the '50s, commanding, at a point, the (then) astronomical fee of Rs 5 lakhs per film. It is, by now, legendary how Opee, over-flooded with work, rashly asked for an Impala as his fee for scoring 'Johnny Walker', just so as to put off the makers of the film, and found, the very next morning, a spanking new Impala at his doorstep. To do justice to him, Opee produced, for 'Johnny Walker', one of his most rollicking scores, including that unforgettable teetotaller's anthem, Manna-Rafi's "Munh se mat laga cheez hai buri". Here, however, I am posting 5 'Musafirkhana' nuggets from the OP oeuvre, which showcase his individuality as a composer, and indicate why, in those days, he commanded the fee he did (I am leaving out Geeta's "Dil de daala nazrana" with a heavy heart, as I find it has already been uploaded this morning):

Click to view attachment (4.00/160)

Click to view attachment (3.49/160)

Click to view attachment (3.23/128)

Click to view attachment (3.23/160)

Click to view attachment (2.23/128)

Anyone who could supply these others?

(1) Palti arre palti palti kismat palti - Asha
(2) Zara si baat ka huzoor ne fasana kar diya - Asha

Hari
parag_sankla
Here is the link to Geeta ji's song "Dil de dala nazarana" posted on Geeta Dutt forum

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=261914

Thanks Harishankar ji for posting this evergreen album of OPN

Cheers
Parag
swarapriya
Harishankarji,

I just discovered your series on 40's and 50's movies perusing through these topics. Being an OP fan, I saw the writeup you have for "Musafir Khana." I knew OP was only the second film personality to drive a Caddy in those days (the other one being the fabled Shantaram ji), but I didn't know the story behind it. Thanks for sharing this with us.

You made me a fan of your uploads just by giving this "extra" to look for. I will be following your uploads more closely from now onwards.

Keep up the great work. Truly enjoyable.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
Harishankarji,

Here is another one of those beauties only Ashaji can do justice:

Song: Dil Janaab Ke Kadmon Mein
Singer: Asha Bhosle
Duration: 5 min 45 secs
Fim: Musafirkhana (1955)
Music: O.P. Nayyar
Lyrics: Majrooh Sultanpuri
Format: MP3
Bit Rate: 128 KBPS

Erum Hashmi
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 7 2008, 02:32 AM) *
Harishankarji,

1969--THE KILLERS
tumtum_tajik

hi Harishankar,
some days before i saw a topic you started, in which a song was uploaded from the film "maya machandar"
chupke chupke jab se hua hai pyar. but i am trying to find the desired thread, requested you to post the link here for the songs of film maya machandar please.

regards,
waheed
swarapriya
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Jun 6 2008, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 7 2008, 02:32 AM) *
Harishankarji,

1969--THE KILLERS

Thanks Erumji. I had my database wrong. You're right. This is from "Killers." I have listed there also. Again, many thanks for pointing out my error.

Swarapriya
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.