Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kishore Kumar
Hamara Forums > Legends > Kishore Kumar
Pages: 1, 2, 3
swarapriya
Kishore Kumar, The Music Director

We all know what a great singer Kishore Kumar was. Even today, we are all enthralled by his great voice. But besides being a singer, Kishoreda was a great music director as well. He provided music for 10 movies or so. The filmography of these movies is given in the following table:

Kishoreda was a genius. He was a singer, song writer, music director, movie producer, and an actor. He acted in well over 80 movies. Over half of them made money. Over quarter of them were superhits. Like many great singers and musicians, he had natural flair for singing and music and was never trained. It was the instincts. Some are born with it. Kishoreda was one of them.

Some of the music mentioned in the above filmography is pretty hard to find. Those that are available, seems like every fan has them. Nevertheless, I am going to upload some of these albums I have through these columns.

Appropriateness to include these albums in this part of the section some may question. But I thought this is the right place to have them. Mainly because this section indeed is devoted to Kishore Kumar, not only the singer, but the perosn who had so many talents.

swarapriya
Jhumroo (1961)

"Jhumroo" was the first movie for which Kishoreda provided music. The movie starred his wife Madhubala. Kishoreji married her during the making of "Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1958)."

All of the lyrics were penned by Majrooh Sultanpuri. There are some beautiful songs in this album. Many of them were popular. People who love Kishoreda's yodelling will love these songs. In many of these songs, Kihoreda yodels. Most popular songs when the movie was released included "Koi Humdum", "Main Hoon Jhumroo", "Matwale Hum", and "Thandi Hawa." My personal favorite is "Koi Humdum Na Raha." This has to be one of his greatest songs. There is so much pathos behind the richness of those words beautifully expressed in Kishoreda's voice that it stays with you lingeringly fresh.

Now for the details of the songs and songs themselves ...
swarapriya
Now for the last two songs from "Jhumroo (1961)" ...

HarshBhatt
No more words left to Thank you. Nice combination of albums in threads
HumTum
QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ May 14 2008, 05:25 AM) *
No more words left to Thank you. Nice combination of albums in threads

My sentiments too. Thank you so much for your meticulous presentation. bow.gif God bless. smile.gif
Jhumroo
Great... bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif
azad
Simply super, thank you so much.
OMkar
Great uploads, Swarapriya!! I love allllll the songs but still if you ask me to pick the first one, I would surely go for 'Main hoon jhumroo'. This song expresses exact state of clean mind of a young man who is far away from the hatred and malice. wub.gif To express these feelings one has to have a clean heart and mind, which Kishoreda always had. May be that why people used to call him mad laugh.gif Just close your eyes and hear 'Aa chal ke tujhe main leke chalun' (I know its not from Jhumroo), you will feel how beautiful mind state he must have had while singing and expressing this song. ABSOLUTE OUT OF THIS WORLD!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
swarapriya
Thank you very much to all of you for such nice compliments.

Swarapriya
swarapriya
Door Gagan Ki Chhaon Mein (1964)

Here is a movie where Kishoreda shines like the morning star in the early skies. Gentle, poignant, and moving story telling. I don't believe Kishoreda was this serious any other time during his film career. It was such a well concieved, well planned, well crafted, and well executed movie.

Kishoreda himself bore most of the burden of the movie. Not only he acted in the movie, he wrote couple of songs, composed its music, produced and directed. His own son Amit has a major role in the movie. The Bengal beauty, Supriya Chowdhury, makes a a rare appearance here.

Kishoreda was so generous that both Manna Dey and Hemant Kumar also had a solo each. Songs of this movie are just sublime. All three solos by Kishoreji are full of dreams, pathos, and promise of a bright future.

HumTum
I don't believe Kishoreda was this serious any other time during his film career. It was such a well concieved, well planned, well crafted, and well executed movie.

This was a side of him that was never explored.
parag_sankla
Another excellent thread with a great theme. Keep it up Swarapriya

Best Regards
Parag
OMkar
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 14 2008, 07:53 PM) *

Here is a movie where Kishoreda shines like the morning star in the early skies. Gentle, poignant, and moving story telling. I don't believe Kishoreda was this serious any other time during his film career. It was such a well concieved, well planned, well crafted, and well executed movie.

Kishoreda himself bore most of the burden of the movie. Not only he acted in the movie, he wrote couple of songs, composed its music, produced and directed. His own son Amit has a major role in he movie. The Bengal beauty, Supriya Chowdhury, makes a a rare appearance here.

Kishoreda was so generous that both Manna Dey and Hemant Kumar also had a solo each. Songs of this movie are just sublime. All three solos by Kishoreji are full of dreams, pathos, and promise of a bright future.

And there you go Swara!!!! I must have downloaded 'Aa Chal Ke Tujhe Main Leke Chalun' from sooooooo many sources to get the better and better sound version copy! I would check this one too. Swara, thanks lottie lott for this lovely-evergreen album bow.gif

p.s. Just a question: is that a picture of Vinyl cover?
swarapriya
QUOTE(OMkar @ May 14 2008, 08:25 AM) *

Kishoreda himself bore most of the burden of the movie. Not only he acted in the movie, he wrote couple of songs, composed its music, produced and directed. His own son Amit has a major role in he movie. The Bengal beauty, Supriya Chowdhury, makes a a rare appearance here.

And there you go Swara!!!! I must have downloaded 'Aa Chal Ke Tujhe Main Leke Chalun' from sooooooo many sources to get the better and better sound version copy! I would check this one too. Swara, thanks lottie lott for this lovely-evergreen album bow.gif

Yes, that is vinyl cover. But the songs were all from a CD. -S
swarapriya
Thank you all for the appreciative sentiments expressed.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
Jhumroo
QUOTE(HumTum @ May 14 2008, 07:58 PM) *

I don't believe Kishoreda was this serious any other timeduring his film career. It was such a well concieved, well planned, well crafted, and well executed movie.

This was a side of him that was never explored.

Hmmmmmm...the other side was well covered behind the smiling face of Guru.
Jhumroo

Thanks a lot once again swarapriya ji...for yet another great album of KK. rolleyes.gif

Regards
Abhishek
OMkar
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 15 2008, 08:01 AM) *

Do you have those Vinyl Rips? If yes, I am very very much interested!! wub.gif smile.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(OMkar @ May 15 2008, 01:33 AM) *

Do you have those Vinyl Rips? If yes, I am very very much interested!! wub.gif smile.gif

OMkarji, sorry. I won't be able to help you here. I don't have the LP myself. I got this picture from the internet.

Thanks,
Swarapriya
OMkar
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 15 2008, 06:36 PM) *
QUOTE(OMkar @ May 15 2008, 01:33 AM) *

OMkarji, sorry. I won't be able to help you here. I don't have the LP myself. I got this picture from the internet.

Thanks,
Swarapriya

Oh okok, no worries at all smile.gif I just asked because I always prefer to hear Vinyl/ Spool versions than any other media wub.gif Thanks anyway rolleyes.gif
swarapriya
Hum Do Daku (1967)

I do not have much information available about this movie. I have three songs out of five I am uploadiing here. All of these were contributed by the members of the Forum. The missing numbers are shown in red in the following table. I invite members to share with rest of us if they happen to have these missing songs. By the way, all songs were written by Shailendra. He must have completed this assigmet before his untimely death.

A word of caution: because these songs came from various sources their quality may not be uniform. Now for the details of the songs and songs themselves ...
vijay
[
he wrote couple of songs, composed its music, produced and directed.
[/quote]

Swarapriya Ji,
Thanks for another great album from Kishore Da.

I am almost sure that "Aa chal ke tujhe ..." is written Shailendra and not by Kishore.
I would like to hear from other expert on this.

Vijay
HumTum
[quote name='vijay' date='May 16 2008, 07:46 AM' post='497004'] [
he wrote couple of songs, composed its music, produced and directed.
[/quote]

Swarapriya Ji,
Thanks for another great album from Kishore Da.

I am almost sure that "Aa chal ke tujhe ..." is written Shailendra and not by Kishore.
I would like to hear from other expert on this.

Vijay [/quote]

Vijay bhai --- composed, written and sung by Kishore Kumar. excl.gif excl.gif excl.gif excl.gif
HarshBhatt
Yes

KK penned the lyrics
debjyoti
QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ May 16 2008, 08:48 AM) *

Yes

KK penned the lyrics

Very nice contribution you are making Swarapriyaji,Kishore Kumar is indeed the greatest music director of all times.Apart from composing for 10 hindi films,he had also composed several other hindi songs for his incomplete films like Band Master,Suhana Geet,Neela Asmaan and so on.He had also composed many non film bengali songs,all of which are real gems.
Ez_buddycool
Excellant Upload Swarapriya
swarapriya
QUOTE(Ez_buddycool @ May 16 2008, 01:48 PM) *

Excellant Upload Swarapriya

That is very nice and cool of you buddycool ji. Thanks a lot.

Swarapriya
swarapriya
Door Ka Raahi (1971)

Here is another one of the movies Kishoreda wrote the story, screenplay, provided the music, acted in it, sang, and directed. This movie also starred his older brother Ashokda and his son Amit. It was a modest success. Except for one duet, all songs in this album are solos. Kishoreda's solo "Panthi Hoon Main" is a classic. He has another winner in the duet with Sulakshana Pandit in the song "Beqarar-E-Dil." Manna Dey, Hemant da, and Amit each had a solo. The solo by Hemantji is one of those beautifully rendered songs that only he can deliver with such poignancy. All in all this is a very satisfying album.

Now for details of songs and the songs themselves ...

DIGANTA ADHYA
EXCELLANT POST swarapriya. KEEP IT UP
bow.gif
smahesh
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 16 2008, 06:52 AM) *

Hum Do Daku (1967)

I do not have much information available about this movie. I have three songs out of five I am uploadiing here. All of these were contributed by the members of the Forum. The missing numbers are shown in red in the following table. I invite members to share with rest of us if they happen to have these missing songs. By the way, all songs were written by Shailendra. He must have completed this assigmet before his untimely death.

A word of caution: because these songs came from various sources their quality may not be uniform. Now for the details of the songs and songs themselves ...

swarapriyaji,
thanks for ''ae haseenon'' and ''do dilon ki hai kahani''.hfgk identifies the third singer in ''ae haseenon'' as usha mangeshkar[not usha khanna]

regards,
mahesh
debjyoti
QUOTE(smahesh @ May 17 2008, 01:53 PM) *

Hum Do Daku (1967)

swarapriyaji,
thanks for ''ae haseenon'' and ''do dilon ki hai kahani''.hfgk identifies the third singer in ''ae haseenon'' as usha mangeshkar[not usha khanna]

regards,
mahesh

Door gagan ki Chaon mein was a very successful film,directed by Kishoreji himself.All the songs are great.Kishore Kumar won many awards and even international award for Door Gagan ki Chaon Mein.Door ka Rahi is another superb and successful masterpiece where guru successfully handled so many departments of art.He is a true genius,an uncrowned king,but greater than a KING.
HumTum
QUOTE(debjyoti @ May 17 2008, 02:20 PM) *
QUOTE(smahesh @ May 17 2008, 01:53 PM) *

Hum Do Daku (1967)

swarapriyaji,

regards,
mahesh

Door gagan ki Chaon mein was a very successful film,directed by Kishoreji himself.All the songs are great.Kishore Kumar won many awards and even international award for Door Gagan ki Chaon Mein.Door ka Rahi is another superb and successful masterpiece where guru successfully handled so many departments of art.He is a true genius,an uncrowned king,but greater than a KING.

More to your anecdote Debjyoti! --- Door gagan ki chhaon mein, door ka rahi and door waadiyon mein kahi -- form the triology of movies titled with the "Door" made by Kishore. The last one surprisingly did not have any MUSIC. There were 6 movies of his that went unreleased.
Jhumroo
Thanks a lot swarapriya ji...for two more masterpieces of KK. bow.gif bow.gif clap2.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(DIGANTA ADHYA @ May 16 2008, 11:52 PM) *

EXCELLANT POST swarapriya. KEEP IT UP
bow.gif

Thanks a lot Adhyaji. -S
swarapriya
QUOTE(debjyoti @ May 15 2008, 09:40 PM) *

QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ May 16 2008, 08:48 AM) *

Yes

KK penned the lyrics

Very nice contribution you are making Swarapriyaji,Kishore Kumar is indeed the greatest music director of all times.Apart from composing for 10 hindi films,he had also composed several other hindi songs for his incomplete films like Band Master,Suhana Geet,Neela Asmaan and so on.He had also composed many non film bengali songs,all of which are real gems.

Thanks for sharing this information, Debjyotiji. -Swarapriya
swarapriya
QUOTE(smahesh @ May 17 2008, 01:23 AM) *

Hum Do Daku (1967)

swarapriyaji,

Maheshji,

Thanks for pointing out the error. I will make the necessary changes to reflect your suggestion.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

regards,
mahesh

swarapriya
QUOTE(HumTum @ May 17 2008, 01:58 AM) *

More to your anecdote Debjyoti! --- Door gagan ki chhaon mein, door ka rahi and door waadiyon mein kahi -- form the triology of movies titled with the "Door" made by Kishore. The last one surprisingly did not have any MUSIC. There were 6 movies of his that went unreleased.

That is definitely new information to me. A movie without music?! What a surprise. Whatever Kishoreda did, he did it his way.

Swarapriya
swarapriya
QUOTE(Jhumroo @ May 17 2008, 03:47 AM) *

Thanks a lot swarapriya ji...for two more masterpieces of KK. bow.gif bow.gif clap2.gif

Jhumrooji, thanks for the appreciation. -S
sss
Swarpriya,

Thank you for a great thread with great songs!

The Jhumroo DVD which I have, features one more crazy duet by Kishore-Asha, which I'm uploading herewith.

Song: Jaane de jaane de
128kbps/4:42

Regards
Sunil.
swarapriya
QUOTE(sss @ May 17 2008, 10:44 AM) *

Swarpriya,

Thank you for a great thread with great songs!

The Jhumroo DVD which I have, features one more crazy duet by Kishore-Asha, which I'm uploading herewith.

Song: Jaane de jaane de
128kbps/4:42

Regards
Sunil.

Thank you for sharing this song with us Sunilji. -S
Ez_buddycool
Excellant Upload again Swarpriya
manny
Thankyou, SSS.
swarapriya
QUOTE(manny @ May 17 2008, 06:13 PM) *

Thankyou, SSS.

Kishoreda's famous song from"Jhumroo", "Koi Humdum Na Raha" was also recorded by Amit, Kishoreji's son, and Abhijit, another ardent fan of Kishoreji and himself an accomplished singer, in a seperate album. I am uploading their versions of this song below:

1. "Koi Humdum Na Raha" by Abhijit, 3m 36s, 192 KBPS, from his private album "A Tribute To Kishore Kumar"
2. "Koi Humdum Na Raha" by Amit Kumar, 4m 36se, 192 KBPS, from his private album "Khiza Ke Phool"

Thanks,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
Zameen Aasman (1972)

This may be the first movie Kishoreda provided music that he did not produce. Unfortunately, songs of this movie, like rest of his songs for which he provided music, are hard to come by. From this album I have only two songs I am uploading here. There are four more sngs that I am missing. These are shown in italics and red in the table below. If someone has them, please share them with us.

Now for the list of songs and the two songs ...
Jhumroo
Here are the songs:
(Credit Goes To Original Uploader)

Arre Girgit Jaise Aaj Ke Insaan

Kishore Kumar
4:48/192 kbps

Click to view attachment

Ek Raat Ki Hai Baat

Asha Bhosle
3:40/192 kbps

Click to view attachment

Rest Two Songs Uploaded Later !!!
OMkar
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 17 2008, 11:28 AM) *
Door Ka Raahi (1971)

Here is another one of the movies Kishoreda wrote the story, screenplay, provided the music, acted in it, sang, and directed. This movie also starred his older brother Ashokda and his son Amit. It was a modest success. Except for one duet, all songs in this album are solos. Kishoreda's solo "Panthi Hoon Main" is a classic. He has another winner in the duet with Sulakshana Pandit in the song "Beqarar-E-Dil." Manna Dey, Hemant da, and Amit each had a solo. The solo by Hemantji is one of those beautifully rendered songs that only he can deliver with such poignancy. All in all this is a very satisfying album.

Very very nice presentation, Priyaji!! Majaa aaya!! Bahut achha laga aapka contribution dekhke smile.gif keep it up!
swarapriya
QUOTE(OMkar @ May 20 2008, 07:58 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 17 2008, 11:28 AM) *
Door Ka Raahi (1971)

Very very nice presentation, Priyaji!! Majaa aaya!! Bahut achha laga aapka contribution dekhke smile.gif keep it up!

Thank you OMkarji. -S
manny
Thankyou, Jhumroo.
Erum Hashmi
Thank you, Jhumroo, sss & Swarpriyaji!
Jhumroo
Here are remaining two songs: smile.gif

Hum Tum Chale

Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle
4:50/192 kbps

Click to view attachment

Na Ro Aye Mere Dil

Lata Mangeshkar
5:23/192 kbps

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.