Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please stop this
Hamara Forums > Legends > Lata Mangeshkar
Pradeep
Melody Queen Lata Mangeshkar tries to shut out a pop group at an awards function in Mumbai on Friday evening.

A snapshot on Sunday Times.
extenok

Hilarious, can we know which pop-group got so much respect from her?
Chitralekha
LOL thats so funny. I wish we had snaps of expressions of all famous Bollywood personalities for remixes.
Pradeep
QUOTE (extenok @ Dec 14 2003, 06:15 AM)
Hilarious, can we know which pop-group got so much respect from her?

No idea. No additional info was provided. But then I dont think its the expression of disgust.. biggrin.gif .. may be the music was too loud... or may be she was sitting too close to a bose speakers biggrin.gif
Pradeep
QUOTE (Chitralekha @ Dec 14 2003, 05:50 PM)
LOL thats so funny. I wish we had snaps of expressions of all famous Bollywood personalities for remixes.

Yes... chitralekha. Would love that for a laaf.. biggrin.gif

There were so many pix of ministers sleeping in parliament.... lol.. deve gowda
musicfan2003
QUOTE (Pradeep @ Dec 14 2003, 09:01 AM)
Melody Queen Lata Mangeshkar tries to shut out a pop group at an awards function in Mumbai on Friday evening.

A snapshot on Sunday Times.

Wah wah .. well I am sure some ppl would look like this if they heard her sing now!

mad.gif
sani_thakur
OK...Mr.Musicfan..that was not a very constructive comment..!!! dry.gif

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Chitralekha
QUOTE (sani_thakur @ Dec 20 2003, 03:25 AM)
OK...Mr.Musicfan..that was not a very constructive comment..!!! dry.gif

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Sani, not to be worrying.. only goes on to say about the music listener, not the singer biggrin.gif The photo of listener is quite funny too. hahaha
Pradeep
Yeah may be these days her singing is soo strong.. that she makes monkey out of every listner. tongue.gif
Chitralekha
What I said was more like "bandar kya jaane adrak ka swaad" tongue.gif
Pradeep
True true.. shaayad isliye bandar ke aankhon mein kabhi aansu nahin dikhta..... tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
dhiren
Hi,

We all know that Lataji does not like all hungama, cebre(is it right spelling), vulgor kind of songs. She has sung only one cebre song in her singing career. Song is "Aaaa Jaane Jaa, Aaa Mera Yeh Husn Jawaa, Jawaa...".

Dhiren ph34r.gif
Chitralekha
QUOTE (dhiren @ Jan 13 2004, 07:31 AM)
Hi,

We all know that Lataji does not like all hungama, cebre(is it right spelling), vulgor kind of songs. She has sung only one cebre song in her singing career. Song is "Aaaa Jaane Jaa, Aaa Mera Yeh Husn Jawaa, Jawaa...".

Dhiren ph34r.gif

That would be cabaret, Dhiren smile.gif

Btw, I always wondered why she didnt like cabaret songs but was fine with mujra songs. Is there much difference? I mean what is so bad about cabaret songs? I personally have some fav songs in both the categories and enjoy listening to either kind of songs. But was just wondering about her choice.

Regards,
Chitralekha
Pradeep
Mujrah is artistic way of seduction.... I think.
vivekpm

Btw, I always wondered why she didnt like cabaret songs but was fine with mujra songs. Is there much difference? I mean what is so bad about cabaret songs? I personally have some fav songs in both the categories and enjoy listening to either kind of songs. But was just wondering about her choice.

I think it must have been due to picturisation of cabaret. Lata Mangeshkar must have found picturisation of cabaret is more vulgar I think compared to that of cabaret.

Cheers,
V i V e K...
sani_thakur
Yaa..i wonder that too. I read somewhere that she didn't want to sing the song 'Jalta Hai Badan', but then I think Raj Kapoor sort of kept pleading her to sing it..and then she sang it..and look how wonderful she sounds.
She even sounds excellent in fast songs like "Bhai Battur". What does Battur mean, by the way ???
usha
Hi Friends,
Talking about Latha and cabaret songs,she has sung quite a number of them,may not be the bindu ,jayashree.T,faryal and party kind of suggestive cabaret,but songs like'Mathwale ankhowale-Chote nawab,"jeenewale jhoomke mastane hoke-Vaasna,also the good old "taxi Driver number"dil se milake dil pyar keejiye" picturised on Sheela ramani qualify as club songs.

iqbal

Heard Lata saying n a concert, when she had recorded’ O chore chore o baake chore kabhi meri gali aaya karo’, she was rebuked many times by people ‘how can you sing such a cheap song’

Lata then remarked ‘compared to the songs nowadays, even this seems a good song’ and then performed with Usha Mangeshkar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.