Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Songs That I Wish Were Sung By Rafi Saab!
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
venkat
Friends,

There are some songs that I always wished to hear from Rafi Saab's voice. Let me list a few.

1."Sham-e-Gham Ki Qasam, Aaj Gham Hi Hai Gham"---Film:Footpath--Talt Mehmood-Khayyam

2."Phir Na Kije Meri Gustaf Nigah Ka Gila"--Film:Phir Subah Hogi--Mukesh & Asha--Khayyam

3. All the MK songs of Gumrah--Ravi

4."Tu Pyaar Ka Saagar Hai"--Film:Seema---Manna Dey--SJ

I will stop here and would invite additions from Fellow-members.

Thanks,

Venkat

Mind you, friends, I will fail in my duty if I do not say that all the above songs were sung excellently even by their respective singers.
simplefable
Wow..this is a fabulous topic. Kahaan se shuroo karoo...? smile.gif
I will select just five songs...i would give my soul to hear Him sing these songs...

1. Jhoomti chali hawa........Sangeet samrat Tansen ( originally by Mukesh )

2. Chalo ek baar phir se.....Gumrah ( originally by Mahendra Kapoor )

3. Hawawon pe likhdoon...Hawawon ki sath... Do Doni Char ( originally by Kishore kumar )

4. Yeh nayan dare dare..yeh jaan bhare bhare.. Kohra ( originally by Hemant kumar )

5. Aye mere pyare watan... Kabuliwala ( originally by Manna Dey )

venkat
Here are some Female singers' songs that I wish to hear from Rafi Saab.

1."Aankhon Se Jo Utare Yeh Dil Mein"--Film:Phir Wohi Dil Laaya Hoon--OPN-Asha

2."Chain Se Hum Ko Kabhi "--FilM:Pran Jaaye Par Wachan Na Jaaye--OPN--Asha

3."Shokh Nazar Ki Bijliya"--Film:Woh Kaun Thhi--Madan Mohan--Asha

4."Aurat Ne Janam Diya Mardon Ko"--Film:Sadhana--N.Datta--Lata

Venkat
princeali
Just restriciting this to SDB right now:

'Jalte Hain Jiske Liye' (Sujata) - This song was supposed to be sung by Rafi saab until Bimal Roy had his way. Talat did a great job ofcourse.

'Khilte Hain Gul Yahan' (Sharmilee) - Rafi saab would have matched Lata's rendtion square for square and even taken it to a new level. Kishore's rendition was great, but I would rate the Lata rendition higher.

'Na Tum Hamein Jano' (BERK) - Hemant did fantastic, but this song coming from Rafi saab would have been amazing.

All the male songs of Abhimaan. It was Rabindra Sangeet at its finest, and that needed Rafi saab there, still 'Teri Bindiya Re' remains the album's most enduring song.
nasar
Here are a few I would have loved it if Mohd Rafi had sung them,

1 : Mere mahboob qayamat hogi from Mr X in Bombay (Kishore)

2 : Nainwali ne hai mera dil loota from Mera Saya (Lata)

3: Suhana safar aur yeh mousam haseen from Madhumati (Mukesh)

4: Tere nigahon pe mar mar gaye hum From Shabnum ( Mukesh),

Love to know what you think.
usrafian

I wish following songs by Rafi , though original singers have fully justified.

Film Sambandh - 'Chal Akela Chal Akela Chal Akela'
All songs from Hamraaz specially :-

- Neele Gagan Ke Tale
- Tum Agar Saath Dene Ka Vaada Karo
- Kisi Patther Ki Murat Se

Film - Mousam

Ruke-Ruke Se Kadam

There are many but so far so good.

USR
venkat
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 25 2007, 07:56 PM) *

I will select just five songs...i would give my soul to hear Him sing these songs...

3. Hawawon pe likhdoon...Hawawon ki sath... Do Doni Char ( originally by Kishore kumar )

4. Yeh nayan dare dare..yeh jaan bhare bhare.. Kohra ( originally by Hemant kumar )

SF, Rafi Saab is capable of giving a completely different ring to all these songs, of course under the same tune!

But, SF, I am a little uncomfortable with the last song, "Ayye Mere Pyaare Watan". Personally never visualised it for Rafi Saab.

Venkat
venkat
QUOTE(princeali @ Oct 25 2007, 10:22 PM) *

Just restriciting this to SDB right now:

'Jalte Hain Jiske Liye' (Sujata) - This song was supposed to be sung by Rafi saab until Bimal Roy had his way. Talat did a great job ofcourse.

'Khilte Hain Gul Yahan' (Sharmilee) - Rafi saab would have matched Lata's rendtion square for square and even taken it to a new level. Kishore's rendition was great, but I would rate the Lata rendition higher.

'Na Tum Hamein Jano' (BERK) - Hemant did fantastic, but this song coming from Rafi saab would have been amazing.

All the male songs of Abhimaan. It was Rabindra Sangeet at its finest, and that needed Rafi saab there, still 'Teri Bindiya Re' remains the album's most enduring song.

Yes, PA Ji, I too would love to hear "Na Tum Hamhe Jaano" from Rafi Saab, both as a solo and as a duet with Suman!

Venkat
venkat
QUOTE(nasar @ Oct 25 2007, 10:44 PM) *

Thanks, Nasar Ji. I certainly feel that "Suhana Safar Aur Yeh Mousam" from Madhumati would take an absolutely different look, what with some Sangats here and there and the voice modulation thrown in by Rafi Saab.

venkat
venkat
QUOTE(usrafian @ Oct 26 2007, 02:59 PM) *

I wish following songs by Rafi , though original singers have fully justified.

Film Sambandh - 'Chal Akela Chal Akela Chal Akela'
All songs from Hamraaz specially :-

- Neele Gagan Ke Tale
- Tum Agar Saath Dene Ka Vaada Karo
- Kisi Patther Ki Murat Se

Film - Mousam

Ruke-Ruke Se Kadam

There are many but so far so good.

USR

USR Ji, I have no doubt that all the MK songs would get a new life if they were to be adopted by Rafi Saab! Even MK would agree to this.

Venkat
simplefable
QUOTE(venkat @ Oct 26 2007, 05:59 PM) *

But, SF, I am a little uncomfortable with the last song, "Ayye Mere Pyaare Watan". Personally never visualised it for Rafi Saab.

Venkat

Venkat ji...what i thought was Aye mere pyare watan..will be reminiscent of Kahan Jaa raha hai..Oh aye jaanewale.." from seema. Rafi Sahab has given a totally different compassionate look to that Song.. smile.gif
venkat
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 26 2007, 06:31 PM) *

QUOTE(venkat @ Oct 26 2007, 05:59 PM) *

Venkat

Venkat ji...what i thought was Aye mere pyare watan..will be reminiscent of Kahan Jaa raha hai..Oh aye jaanewale.." from seema. Rafi Sahab has given a totally different compassionate look to that Song.. smile.gif

SF, what I gave was just an off-the-cuff opinion. For all that, you may be absolutely right that we might have heard a totally different and more apprealing "Aye Mere Pyare Watan" from Rafi Saab. After all, isn't he the Badshah of Patriotic Songs?

Venkat
nasir
I wish that ARRE RAFTA RAFTA DEKHO AANKH MERI LADI HAI from Kahani Kismet Ki were sung by Rafi Sahaab. As it is, the song was picturised on Dharmendra. Again, a line was sung by Rafi Sahaab on a Calcutta Stage to pacify the crowd who only wanted to listen to him and not Kishore Kumar.. I think he would have worked wonders with this song as he had previously done with BADAN PE SITAARE LAPETE HUAY. smile.gif

Nasir.
nasar
QUOTE(venkat @ Oct 26 2007, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(nasar @ Oct 25 2007, 10:44 PM) *

Thanks, Nasar Ji. I certainly feel that "Suhana Safar Aur Yeh Mousam" from Madhumati would take an absolutely different look, what with some Sangats here and there and the voice modulation thrown in by Rafi Saab.

venkat

That is what I mean for that song. If he sang it similar tone as the song from
MAN KI AANKHEN (Dil Kahe Ruk Ja Re Ruk Ja ) with Dilip acting style throne in, It would have great
yob
QUOTE(nasir @ Oct 26 2007, 07:26 PM) *

I wish that ARRE RAFTA RAFTA DEKHO AANKH MERI LADI HAI from Kahani Kismet Ki were sung by Rafi Sahaab. As it is, the song was picturised on Dharmendra. Again, a line was sung by Rafi Sahaab on a Calcutta Stage to pacify the crowd who only wanted to listen to him and not Kishore Kumar.. I think he would have worked wonders with this song as he had previously done with BADAN PE SITAARE LAPETE HUAY. smile.gif

Nasir.

Unregistered_050208
Yob, I know you're a big fan of KK (and Rafi). Don't take insult. No doubt any crowd would be honored to have Kishore Kumar - IMO the greatest live entertainer. At that point though, Rafi had probably taken his religious break and the crowd missed him and wanted to ESPECIALLY hear him sing. Of course they wanted Kishore too and often times they'd go crazy for Kishore Kumar. In fact - I'd like to see you post a thread on the reaction of the crowd to KK - I personally thought his 1983 Wembley live version of songs on tape were EVEN better than the film version of songs - that's incredibly impressive. I wonder how the crowd reacted to his on stage antics. Don't take everything too seriously or sensitively - else things will be too intense. I hope this thread continues without tangents. Anything else for another thread.

I appreciate the variety and am satisfied with the original singer as they all did a terrific rendition. However, being especially a fan of Rafi Sahab and his voice being especially dear to my heart, there are some songs I'd like to hear in his voice for my personal fun...! The same could be said by a fan of ANOTHER SINGER and that is totally good!

1. Yeh Dosti Happy Version (Sholay)
Manna Dey did an excellent rendition. However, I always thought KK-Amitabh and Rafi-Dharmendra made perfect pairs.

2. Mere Sapano Ki Rani (Aradhana)
Would have liked to hear it in Rafi's smooth, melodious version!

3. Zindagi Ek Safar Hai Suhana (Andaz)
Rafi's voice was so full, clean, smooth, and melodious in the sad version - I loved it! How amazing would the happy version be! SJ-Rafi!

4. Salam E Ishq (Mukadar Ka Sikandar)
Rafi-Lata were meant to be together for duets! I loved a similar picturization in Suhaag with Rekha & Amitabh.

5. Tujhe Dekha To Yeh Jana Sanam
Rafi's version would have done wonders...

6. Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna
Udit did a terrific job and I'm happy with it standing alone...but just for fun...would love to hear Rafi Sahab!

More I shall list later...
King Rafi
Can't imagine 'Shaam-e-gham ki kasam' by anyone other than Talat. In fact, Talat's songs and his treatment to them is so unique, that I can't believe anyone else can do justice to them.

Most of the MK songs, yes. Some of the HK songs too.
yob
QUOTE(ManishKumar @ Oct 26 2007, 11:28 PM) *

Yob, I know you're a big fan of KK (and Rafi). Don't take insult. No doubt any crowd would be honored to have Kishore Kumar - IMO the greatest live entertainer. At that point though, Rafi had probably taken his religious break and the crowd missed him and wanted to ESPECIALLY hear him sing. Of course they wanted Kishore too and often times they'd go crazy for Kishore Kumar. In fact - I'd like to see you post a thread on the reaction of the crowd to KK - I personally thought his 1983 Wembley live version of songs on tape were EVEN better than the film version of songs - that's incredibly impressive. I wonder how the crowd reacted to his on stage antics. Don't take everything too seriously or sensitively - else things will be too intense. I hope this thread continues without tangents. Anything else for another thread.

I appreciate the variety and am satisfied with the original singer as they all did a terrific rendition. However, being especially a fan of Rafi Sahab and his voice being especially dear to my heart, there are some songs I'd like to hear in his voice for my personal fun...! The same could be said by a fan of ANOTHER SINGER and that is totally good!

Manna Dey did an excellent rendition. However, I always thought KK-Amitabh and Rafi-Dharmendra made perfect pairs.

Rafi's voice was so full, clean, smooth, and melodious in the sad version - I loved it! How amazing would the happy version be! SJ-Rafi!

Rafi-Lata were meant to be together for duets! I loved a similar picturization in Suhaag with Rekha & Amitabh.

6. Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna
Udit did a terrific job and I'm happy with it standing alone...but just for fun...would love to hear Rafi Sahab!

maneesh bhai i dont think every one thinks like u bro---i can sense real motive of some particular posts--just think about opposite side of this particular thread---if someone writes that kishore da.manna da or mahendra kapoor do better than rafi(some particualr song) than????

and its a big difference when someone say that he love to hear that song in his or her fav artist,s voice-ya uske fav artist ne ye song original se achcha ga diya hota. i hope u ll understand my point.
ye rafi ya kishore ki baat nahin hai ye baat hai un sentiments ki jo dil se jude hote hain.
bawlachintu
QUOTE(yob @ Oct 26 2007, 11:55 PM) *

ye rafi ya kishore ki baat nahin hai ye baat hai un sentiments ki jo dil se jude hote hain.

True.
bawlachintu
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 25 2007, 07:56 PM) *

Made for Mukesh only. ph34r.gif
bawlachintu
Ridiculous topic title. Dont try to degrade other singers. I strongly protest this kind of thread.

"He Would Have Done Equal Or Greater Justice!"

What do u mean by that buddy??

You want to make the forum "HamaraRafi"
yob
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Oct 27 2007, 12:17 AM) *

Ridiculous topic title. Dont try to degrade other singers. I strongly protest this kind of thread.

jane do chintu bhai koi fayda nahin hai.
SAJDAH

There's a similar kinda thread in the Mukesh forum.

"If Mukeshji Could Sing That Song...!!!, what song would you like to listen in Mukeshji's voice?"

Here's the link: http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=43719

That didn't raise a stink, did it?
bawlachintu
Thread kholne mein koi burai nahin. Bas second line pe objection hai.
Atleast, I was not expecting this kinda thread from senior member like Venkat.
bawlachintu
QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Oct 27 2007, 12:26 AM) *

"If Mukeshji Could Sing That Song...!!!, what song would you like to listen in Mukeshji's voice?"

I know, someone will immeditaely jump here in defence.
If similar thread is there on Mukesh forum too, I will open threads in all
singers fora and try to compare all legends with newcomer singers.

Not a bad idea either.

What do you want to say actually !
Both topic titles convey different meanings.

yob
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Oct 27 2007, 12:31 AM) *

Not a bad idea either.
wink.gif

Good one chintu bhai : smile.gif
SAJDAH
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Oct 27 2007, 12:28 AM) *

You change your mind very easily. A post earlier you were dead against this kinda thread.
Yet, now you seem quite flexible to the idea, perhaps in a little while you might come around to accepting the "second" part of the thread too. It's quite a possibility, don't you think so?

bawlachintu
QUOTE(venkat @ Oct 25 2007, 07:41 PM) *

Mind you, friends, I will fail in my duty if I do not say that all the above songs were sung excellently even by their respective singers.

So generous of you.

I humbly requst Venkat to delete second line from Topic title.
No issues with venkat. Its just a matter of meaning coming out of the lines.
bawlachintu
QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Oct 27 2007, 12:39 AM) *

You change your mind very easily. A post earlier you were dead against this kinda thread.
Yet, now you seem quite flexible to the idea, perhaps in a little while you might come around to accepting the "second" part of the thread too. It's quite a possibility, don't you think so?

Dont try to distort the meaning of my post. I haven't changed my mind.
You wont be able to change it either.

You are fond of jumping too much, it seems. I have objected over the topic-title and
not the discussion.
SAJDAH

Not a bad idea either.

Perhaps it would be best if you would just carry out the agenda instead of spelling it out.
yob
QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Oct 27 2007, 12:45 AM) *

Not a bad idea either.

Perhaps it would be best if you would just carry out the agenda instead of spelling it out.

sajdah and chintu bhai--ye tou thread ke andar ek aur thread start ho gaya. wink.gif
SAJDAH
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Oct 27 2007, 12:42 AM) *

QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Oct 27 2007, 12:39 AM) *

Dont try to distort the meaning of my post.

I haven't changed my mind.
You wont be able to change it either.

You are fond of jumping too much, it seems. i have objected over the topic of title and
not the discussion.

I have better things to do.
bawlachintu
QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Oct 27 2007, 12:45 AM) *

Sure, if you would join me biggrin.gif
bawlachintu
QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Oct 27 2007, 12:49 AM) *

I have better things to do.

Well then u shldn't be here at all wink.gif
myawan
Venkat sahab, just looking at the rating of this thread makes me feel that there is someone who really 'loves' you laugh.gif
yob
QUOTE(myawan @ Oct 27 2007, 01:33 AM) *

Venkat sahab, just looking at the rating of this thread makes me feel that there is someone who really 'loves' you laugh.gif

another good one(2nd 4 tonite)--------M bro -u ve a very good sense of humour yaar.
myawan
Yes, now everybody please chill!!!!

Venkat sahab! I know you didn't mean to degrade other singers, but just to make the atmosphere friendly, I request you to remove the second line of the title. Thanks for your understanding, as always! smile1.gif
myawan
the rating has increased after my post cool.gif
yob
QUOTE(myawan @ Oct 27 2007, 01:51 AM) *

there is some one who likes u too.
myawan
QUOTE(yob @ Oct 27 2007, 01:23 AM) *

But I am sure he is not you.
yob
QUOTE(myawan @ Oct 27 2007, 01:55 AM) *

QUOTE(yob @ Oct 27 2007, 01:23 AM) *

But I am sure he is not you.

lemmi reveal a secret here m bro--i used to like u b4 that little fight--and even after that--and i still like u--aur maje ki baat ye hai mere ko lagta hai aap bhi ye baat jante hain.
and reason 4 my liking u is--u ve a heart to give others wat u ve.
princeali
Venkat-ji's intentions were good (as always), he started this thread for the purpose of knowing from others what songs (if any) of other artists they wished Rafi sang.

I am sure everyone one time or another has thought of, or wished their favourite artist sang particular songs. It is all hypothetical anyways, because its never going to happen, so nothing wrong in discussing it.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, nothing harmful in that, no one has degraded any artist, if they do then that's where the line is crossed.

So I see no harm whatsoever with the title of this thread as well as the discussions.

venkat
BC Saab,

My personal opinions:

1. Rafi Saab is the best singer of HFM of all times.

2. He would have sung some of the great songs sung by other singers, equally good or even better.

Now, please tell me whether I am not entitled to have my opinions and air them in topics started by me.

If you do not agree with any line there, the first line or the second line or whatever, you can just say 'I do not agree' and more, if you wish. Obviously, I or someone else will then counter your disagreement, logically and politely.

Hope you would understand and particpate in a spirit of consideration and objectivity.

Venkat
venkat
QUOTE(ManishKumar @ Oct 26 2007, 11:28 PM) *

6. Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna

Manish, you have added a new dimension by mentioning songs of post-Rafi Saab period too. Yes, Rafi Saab would have done a fantastic job of "Tujhe Dekha To Yeh jana Sanam" and "Mehendi Lagaake Rakhna"!

Venkat
cYb0rG
This thread has been reported. The thread will remain closed till the raised issue is resolved between the members Venkat and Bawlachintu off the board in private in a civil manner as observed by both on the board.

The Admin will intervene only if both these members do not arrive at a decision. The Admin decision will be final in this respect.

All members are directed towards this important point, that this forum is on an OPEN board and that you should all remember that even a slightest suggestive remark can induce unwanted stir. You are entitled to your opinion, but NOT at the cost of hurting fans of other performing personalities.

Admin.

cYb0rG
This thread will be closed and all subsequent threads of this nature will be closed.

More details posted in admin actions.

Admin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.