Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: flash drive MP3 player
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
myawan
Anybody with some advice about flash drive mp3 players, some tips or info. What about MSI's megastick??
Pradeep
I have a nomad jukebox with 20 GB laptop HDD. I liked it a lot.
user posted image
Bawra Jay
Why flash drive mp3 ? Why not HDD based mp3 player ? Would save time from daily uploading of new set of songs to limited memory on flash drives ?

If you really wanna go for flash drive only than go for that flash drive _ mp3 reader attachment wala... you can easily unplug the usb portion of this , it attached directly to usb port and move songs...once done attach the mp3 player to it , makes life simpler and easier... Here is the link to similiar product :- http://www.sandisk.com/pressrelease/20040108a.html

But would still prefer HDD when the price difference already a no big deal

Pradeep
I think with the USB wala, we could also carry other files beside audio files.
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Sep 20 2004, 11:23 AM)
I think with the USB wala, we could also carry other files beside audio files.

Nahi yaar most of the HDD also allows to carry other files like ms office file or pictures , etc....
anurag
myawan, the choice between a flash drive based mp3 player and a HDD based one depends on the use pattern.

If one needs an mp3 player for jogging or running, a solid state memory (i.e., flash) based mp3 players are better since they don't carry any moving parts and are shock resistant. Besides they are small enough to be carried in a pouch or pocket or can be just tied to shorts.

However, if one needs it for listening to songs in the non-specific situations, it's much more cost effective to buy a hard drive based mp3 player. A nomad jukebox from creative, archos, or ipod from apple qualify in this regard. There are others from Dell and HP also and I have heard that SONY is due to enter this market soon.

And, as Pradeep and BJ have pointed out, AFAIK, both can be used for storing non-media files as well.
myawan
flash drive player has the advantage that you can carry it anywhere like your mobile and purse. It has long battery life as well. Anybody having flash drive player? any tips for what to buy.
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(myawan @ Sep 20 2004, 09:16 PM)
flash drive player has the advantage that you can carry it anywhere like your mobile and purse. It has long battery life as well. Anybody having flash drive player? any tips for what to buy.

I jog with my IPOd and had never skipping problems....

Battery life is only of a concern when you have more music in the flash drive... if you connecting it to pc for sync-ing different songs... most of HDD base player will recharge itself behind the scene...so virtually making battery life good as well

There are bunch of various players , some with fixed memory inside some are like expandable.... the latest in this technology is flash drive + mp3 attachment...
user posted image

you can see a demo here :- SanDisk Cruzer™ Micro MP3 Companion
p1j
QUOTE(myawan @ Sep 20 2004, 05:31 PM)
Anybody with some advice about flash drive mp3 players, some tips or info. What about MSI's megastick??

Well to be honest the HDD based players like iPods and Nomads are still Overpriced [18k to 25k] in India.. Although the money can be bailed out but I dont think its value for money still.. I also feel that the prices would definately come down to half or less in next 6-12 months.. I have a Mp3 flash drive of 128 MB which is running fine since last 3 months.. although the built is not world class, for 3.5K its giving me 10 hrs of listening (mp3/wma), FM radio and voice and FM recording (a feature that made me buy this immediately) plus all the basic functionality of a flash drive... value for money I must say...

Pavan
pkgoldie
Myavan
I suppose you could use any stand alone but preferably lightweight mp3 player app, which you could run from Flash Drive, where you may also have saved mp3 files. One good one that I use is called cool player.
PK
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.