Hamara Forums > General > Tourists paradise
lakshmi

Beautiful pictures Noorie.

Lakshmi
venkat
QUOTE(lakshmi @ Sep 26 2007, 08:05 AM) *

Lakshmi

Forgive my geography, but is it Indus River?

Venkat

PS. Can one get a hint of your location from these nice photos!
noorie
QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 26 2007, 09:15 AM) *

Lakshmi

Venkat

Thanks 4 stopping by Lakshmi and Venkat, as well as 4 liking the pixs. smile.gif

Here's what you wanted 2 know Venkat:

These pixs are of the Khanpur Dam / Lake which is a dam located on the Haro River near the town of Khanpur, about 25 miles from Islamabad, Pakistan.
It forms Khanpur Lake, a reservoir which supplies drinking water to Islamabad and Rawalpindi and irrigation water to many of the agricultural and industrial areas surrounding the cities. The dam was named after the former Khanpur village, which was submerged by the reservoir, so a new Khanpur town has been built downstream of the Dam.

The dam was completed in 1983 after a 15-year construction period believed to have cost Rs. 1,352 million. It is 167 feet high and stores 110,000 acre-feet of water.

It is an ideal place for a day trip / picnic, boating, angling and watching migratory birds during winter. wub.gif

Noorie
Reeth
QUOTE(noorie @ Sep 26 2007, 09:50 AM) *

QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 26 2007, 09:15 AM) *

Lakshmi

Venkat

Thanks 4 stopping by Lakshmi and Venkat, as well as 4 liking the pixs. smile.gif

Here's what you wanted 2 know Venkat:

These pixs are of the Khanpur Dam / Lake which is a dam located on the Haro River near the town of Khanpur, about 25 miles from Islamabad, Pakistan.
It forms Khanpur Lake, a reservoir which supplies drinking water to Islamabad and Rawalpindi and irrigation water to many of the agricultural and industrial areas surrounding the cities. The dam was named after the former Khanpur village, which was submerged by the reservoir, so a new Khanpur town has been built downstream of the Dam.

The dam was completed in 1983 after a 15-year construction period believed to have cost Rs. 1,352 million. It is 167 feet high and stores 110,000 acre-feet of water.

It is an ideal place for a day trip / picnic, boating, angling and watching migratory birds during winter. wub.gif

Noorie

Noorie absolutely beautiful pictures...and i don't understand how i missed them yesterday? mad.gif

Have you been there? Just imagine going trekking there.... Great!! smile.gif
pinky
Lovely pics noorie, looks so peaceful smile.gif
RafiKiAwaaz
Wow!! What a place, so peaceful and so far away. I hope nobody ruins it.
RKA
Harjinder
Hi Noorie
Thanks for such beautiful pictures. Next time I visit South Asia, one of my stops (God willing) would be this area. I had studied about Taxila in high school history books in India but right now could not remember its location. Thanks for the information and beautiful pictures. Harjinder
pinky
Noorie hope you dont mind my adding some pics.. smile.gif

Mountain ranges Taxila
Click to view attachment

Archeological findings in Taxila
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

World heritage site,Taxila
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
noorie
Pinkz, you're to consider this thread as your own. Many thanks 4 adding the new pixs. smile.gif

Noorie
pinky
QUOTE(noorie @ Oct 5 2007, 03:15 PM) *

Pinkz, you're to consider this thread as your own. Many thanks 4 adding the new pixs. smile.gif

Noorie

Thank you noorie.. smile.gif
lakshmi

Pinky,

Awesome pictures. Thanks a lot.

Lakshmi
pinky
QUOTE(lakshmi @ Oct 6 2007, 03:21 AM) *

Pinky,

Awesome pictures. Thanks a lot.

Lakshmi

Most welcome Lakshmi smile.gif
prakash_krin
nice pics
prakash_krin
nice pics
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.