Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classical Music Based Songs Of Shankar Jaikishan
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
oye_sonu
Classical songs of SJ are v least discussed ones. infact Dance nos and Classical songs of SJ have been v popular. if you compare " popular" classical music based songs. the nos and quality can certainly compete with any other MD's work !! they are certainly best among the Classical songs in HFM.

Classical songs by SJ in no way were less in Quality thn those MDs like Naushad, CR etc . SJ shd be credited for popularising the Classical songs among Masses.

Who gave the image of a good Classical singer to Manna dey???. how many movies or good songs he had before boot polish or Basant bahar. ( we as SJ fans cant forget this. thts different Manna babu might 4get tht.)

Please dont confuse these songs as those based on Raags . Every song can be based on some raag or notes. but here I ve made a list songs made in Semi classical style. Most of these songs seem to be Shankar ji.But Jaikishan too had made v good ones like " rasik balma, bhay bhnajana, ajhun na aye etc".

I hve made a list of Around 20 such songs . These are hugely popular songs and at the same time Best in terms of Quality. Since I dont have all songs .So I request Members to post more such songs made in Semi classical style.

SJ's songs made in Classical style :

Lapak Jhapak Tu Aa Re Badarwa, Sar Ki Kheti Sukh Rahi
Manmohanaa Bade Jhoote ,(2) Haar Ke Haar Nahin Maane
Jaa Jaa Re Jaa Baalamvaa,Sautan Ke Sang Raat Bitayi…
Sur Na Saje Kya Gaoon Main, (2) Sur Ke Bina Jeevan Soona
Ketaki Gulaab Juhi Champak Ban Phoole…
Bhay Bhanjana Vandana Sun Haamri, Daras Teri Maange Ye Ter
Rasik Balmaa, Haaye Dil Kyon Lagaaya Tose Dil Kyon..
Murli , Murli Bairan Bhayi Ho Tori Murli Bairan Bhayi….
Radhike toonne bansuri
Ajhun na aaye balaama
Sajan Sang Kaahe Nehaa Lagaye...... .
Jao Re Jogi Tum Jao Re,(2) Ye Hai Premiyon Ki Nagri…
Koi Matwaala Aaya Mere Dwaare,(2) Ankhiyon Se Kar Gaya
Kasie Samjhaaon Badi Nasaamjh Ho…
Jhanak Jhanak Tori Baje Payaliya, Preet Ke Geet Sunaaye Payaliya.
Chhamchham Baaje Re Payaliya Raah Chalat Lachke.....
Sooni Sooni Saans Ke Sitare Par, Bheege Bheege Aanson Ke Taa( doubtful ! )
Re Man Sur Mein Gaa(4)….Koi Taar Besur Na Bole Na Bole .
Pyar Ki Chale Dil Pe Hakumat Pyar Khuda Hai Mera

Since I want a comparative idea w r t other MDs I want members to post such list of other MDs also. but dont post each song separately !. can members post such lists of other MDs please???

SJ has delivered every type of songs....... . classical to western to folk to Challu !........ aap bolo aapko kya chahiye !..... thts why I sometimes cal them God of HFM !

open to corrections

Sonu

PS : Again reminding members tht these songs are not one made in some raag. but these are made in calssical style.
venkat
Sonu Ji,

It is widely reported that S.D.Burman was highly impressed with SJ's "Rasik Balma" song and wanted to give a worthy reply from his side. And so he created 'Chand Phir Nikla" for Paying Guest, based on the same Raaga!

Venkat
oye_sonu
QUOTE(venkat @ Aug 6 2007, 06:07 PM) *

Sonu Ji,

It is widely reported that S.D.Burman was highly impressed with SJ's "Rasik Balma" song and wanted to give a worthy reply from his side. And so he created 'Chand Phir Nikla" for Paying Guest, based on the same Raaga!

Venkat

Yes Venkat ji even I have heard abt this story.

but I dont know why there is so much similarty btween these two songs.?? agree both were based on same raag.

But SJ or Naushaad made tons of songs in Bhairvi and stil rarely you may find so many smilalrites

Sonu
oye_sonu
People are finding difficult to post such list of other MDs???

so can I declare tht Shankar jaikishan were best in CLASSICAL SONGS????

Sonu
oye_sonu
Here is the first serious attempt by SJ on classical songs

Classical song from bootpolish had som funny lyrics.

combination of classical music and funny lyrics was first time executed by SJ. Later on repeated by RDB in padosan also. but then it was more a funnier song . didnt had lot of classical content in it.

Film : Booot polish

Lyrics : Hasrat

Singer : Manna dey

Song : Lapak jhapak tu aarae

music : SHANKAR JAIKISHAN

Duration 4.54 min and quality is good @192 kbps

The whole song was composed in classical pattern with great alaaps by Manna da. check out the great orchestraistion of song.

Sonu

Click to view attachment

oye_sonu
This time I have taken up one big song of lata ji " Man mohana bade jhoote". one of the best classical songs by Lata ji.

This song was recorded with all artists sitted on the studio floor. only 3 instruments were used. I got one pic courtesy Dr Senani ji , which shows all people sitting on grd- Shankar, Shailendra, Lata, dattaram and ram naraian(??) .

Check the alaaps of Lata ji. this song proved her ability to sing long alaaps with clarity.

IAm uploading a different version of this song. not common one. this one has voice of Kavita krishnamurhty in start, where she appreciates this song and names it as one of her fav songs. and laterz the orginal song begans in Lata's voice.

A Must download !

song name : MAn mohana bade jhoote( with kavita's voice)

film : SEema

Singer : Lata mangeshkar

Lyrics : Shailendra

Music : Shankar jaiksihan

Quality is good @128kbps duration is 4. 11 mint

Comments are welcome !

Sonu
maheshks
QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Aug 12 2007, 12:44 AM) *

This time I have taken up one big song of lata ji " Man mohana bade jhoote". one of the best classical songs by Lata ji.

This song was recorded with all artists sitted on the studio floor. only 3 instruments were used. I got one pic courtesy Dr Senani ji , which shows all people sitting on grd- Shankar, Shailendra, Lata, dattaram and ram naraian(??) .
Check the alaaps of Lata ji. this song proved her ability to sing long alaaps with clarity.

IAm uploading a different version of this song. not common one. this one has voice of Kavita krishnamurhty in start, where she appreciates this song and names it as one of her fav songs. and laterz the orginal song begans in Lata's voice.

A Must download !

song name : MAn mohana bade jhoote

film : SEema

Singer : Lata mangeshkar

Lyrics : Shailendra

Music : Shankar jaiksihan

Quality is good @128kbps duration is 4. 11 mint

Comments are welcome !

Sonu

He is Pandit Ram Narayan. Pandit Ram Narayan ranks among the most eminent sarangi players of today. His brother was the well known Tabla Maestro Pt. Chatur Lal.

Pandit Ram Narayan was born on 25-Dec-1927 in Udiapur, Rajasthan into a family of musicians. His father Pandit Nathuji Biawat was a Dilruba master. He was a child prodigy and by the age of 16 he was a staff member of AIR, Lahore. After the partition, he was stuck in Lahore and with the help of his colleagues sent to India by Air Force plane.

Pt Ram Narayan started his career as all Sarangi players have always done, an accompanist to vocalists. He was an outstanding accompanist and was a favourite of many great vocalists of the time. But he decided to go solo, to showcase the immense potential of the instrument. In 1949 he moved to Bombay and started working for the film industry, which became his main bread winner. He also cut a solo disc in 1950 for HMV. He made several changes to the structure of Sarangi, its bow, bowing and fingering techniques all of which have become the norm today.

He has received several awards including Padma Bhushan and Sangeet Natak Academy Award from Govt of India.

He had worked more with O P Nayyar than SJ. Whenever you hear an OP song you will hear the
sarangi of Pandit Ram Narayan.
oye_sonu
bow.gif thanks for the informing post Mahesh ji.

I was doubtfull abt him thts why put a Q mark after his name.

To cut a album in 50s is a big thing. speaks highly abt him !

Sonu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.