Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Purani Yaadein
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
Harjinder
QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Oct 12 2013, 10:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Sep 24 2013, 01:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Nov 21 2011, 08:47 PM) *

Changhez Khan-Samarkand ke Yarkand ke Tashkand ke Tashkand ke tohfe hain purnoor-Lata Mangeshkar, Sudha Malhotra, Mohammad Rafi & chorus MD Hans Raj Behl
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 05:25 min
Year 1957
Format MP3

Changhez Khan-Mohabbat zinda rehti hai mohabbt mar nahin sakti-Mohammad Rafi MD Hans Raj Behl
Bit Rate 128 kbps
Duration 04:14 min
Year 1957
Format MP3

Rajdhani-Bhool ja sapne suhane bhool ja-Talat Mahmood, Lata Mangeshkar MD Hans Raj Behl
Bit Rate 128 kbps
Duration 04:36 min
Year 1956
Format MP3

Hi
Is there any one who downloaded the song (Samarkand ke, Yarkand ke, Tashkand ke tohfe...) from my upload? The external hard drive that I stored this song on has crashed and I can't locate this song in my other downloads or tapes etc. If some one has it can you email (hdhaliwal@sbcglobal.net) it to me? Thanks in advance. Harjinder

Have you got his?
Viraj

Hi Viraj
So far he has not sent it to me. Harjinder
Harjinder
Hi Viraj
Many many thanks.I had searched all my collections and all over internet but could not find the song. I even looked for the DVD of the movie but without luck. I should have made DVD copies of all the songs before ny computer's external hard drive crashed but as they say 'hindsight is twenty twenty'. One cannot go back in time after somethig like this happens.You can imagine how thankful I am for your generosity.Harjinder
Viraj Padhye
QUOTE(Harjinder @ Oct 13 2013, 08:41 PM) *

Hi Viraj
Many many thanks.I had searched all my collections and all over internet but could not find the song. I even looked for the DVD of the movie but without luck. I should have made DVD copies of all the songs before ny computer's external hard drive crashed but as they say 'hindsight is twenty twenty'. One cannot go back in time after somethig like this happens.You can imagine how thankful I am for your generosity.Harjinder

It is my pleasure to share the song. Thanks.

Viraj
Harjinder
Well known Pakistani Punjabi/Urdu singer of the fifties Zubaida Khanum passed away today in Lahore. I remember listening to her Punjabi songs on loud speakers in the 1950's in rural (Indian) Punjab.
Harjinder
Hi every one
I have accidentally deleted some ebooks (mostly in Pdf form) even from the 'Trash' folder on my Apple Macbook Air laptop (purchased it in September 2012). Is there any way I can restore those files back on my computer's hard drive ? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Harjinder
Harjinder
Best 60 books of modern Indian Literature:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/drishtikone/2...ooks-posterity/
Herjinder
P.S. If anyone has information about similar book lists from other South Asian countries please post those.HS. Dh.
talhari
QUOTE(Harjinder @ Jan 23 2014, 01:59 AM) *

Herjinder
P.S. If anyone has information about similar book lists from other South Asian countries please post those.HS. Dh.

Harjinder Sahib,

I have some good collection of books (around more than 100) of Urdu writers, if U like to get please tell me, would be glad to share with U, my email id is talhari@gmail.com
Harjinder
QUOTE(talhari @ Jan 23 2014, 02:01 AM) *

Herjinder

Harjinder Sahib,

I have some good collection of books (around more than 100) of Urdu writers, if U like to get please tell me, would be glad to share with U, my email id is talhari@gmail.com

Hi Mr Talhari
Thanks for the offer. I live in the U.S. and getting books by mail from India and Pakistan is expensive. I have bought Urdu books from Oxford University Press Karachi and Sang e Meel Publishers of Lahore.The total price I end up paying is more than three times the given price of the book.
Your offer is very generous and I would like to go over the book list. The easiest way to share books is to have electronic copies of these books. So if that is possible I would like to download the titles that I do not have.
I have not counted all the titles I have been able to download but most of the books that are not published by above two concerns are often available for download on the internet.
If it's possible for you to mention some titles from say writers like Intizar Hussain ( I already have about five books including 'Basti' by him). Another topic I am interested in is Urdu books on the cities of Lahore and Delhi. I am trying to get about ten books on these cities.
Right now I Am looking for a collection of ten short stories titled 'Angare'. It was published in 1932 in Lucknow and had short stories by writers like Ahmed Ali, Rashid Jahan, Syed Sajjad Zahir, and Mahmuduzaffar. The book got banned a few days after its publication and I have figured out the titles of all the ten short stories but have not read at least eight of those.
Again thanks for your generous offer and let's see if there is a viable way I can access your Urdu collection. Harjinder
talhari
QUOTE(Harjinder @ Jan 24 2014, 12:08 AM) *

QUOTE(talhari @ Jan 23 2014, 02:01 AM) *

Herjinder

Harjinder Sahib,

Hi Mr Talhari
Thanks for the offer. I live in the U.S. and getting books by mail from India and Pakistan is expensive. I have bought Urdu books from Oxford University Press Karachi and Sang e Meel Publishers of Lahore.The total price I end up paying is more than three times the given price of the book.
Your offer is very generous and I would like to go over the book list. The easiest way to share books is to have electronic copies of these books. So if that is possible I would like to download the titles that I do not have.
I have not counted all the titles I have been able to download but most of the books that are not published by above two concerns are often available for download on the internet.
If it's possible for you to mention some titles from say writers like Intizar Hussain ( I already have about five books including 'Basti' by him). Another topic I am interested in is Urdu books on the cities of Lahore and Delhi. I am trying to get about ten books on these cities.
Right now I Am looking for a collection of ten short stories titled 'Angare'. It was published in 1932 in Lucknow and had short stories by writers like Ahmed Ali, Rashid Jahan, Syed Sajjad Zahir, and Mahmuduzaffar. The book got banned a few days after its publication and I have figured out the titles of all the ten short stories but have not read at least eight of those.
Again thanks for your generous offer and let's see if there is a viable way I can access your Urdu collection. Harjinder

Hi Harjinder Sahib,

I agree, its very expensive to get it in US. The # of books I told earlier are all in pdf form and e-copies which I downloaded time to time from different sites. I have collection of " Intizar Hussain (except Basti), Mumtaz mufti, Manto, Abdullah Hussain, Krishan Chandar, Abbas Jalalpuri, Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi, Balwant Singh, Bano Qudsia, Ismat Chughtai, Krishan Chandar, Rajinder singh Bedi bla bla. I don't saved the linked from where I downloaded but can send through email or drop box. I mentioned my gmail address with same name earlier, would be glad if can share my collection with a "Sahib e Zoq" Man.
Right now don't have the book that U mentioned but will try to ask some of my friends.

talhari
Harjinder
Something of interest to Urdu literature aficionados; Urdu magazine 'Biswin Sadi (Beesween Sadi), after a gap of some years, has started publication again but on a bimonthly (once,every two months) basis. An item of interest that I did not know uptil now; its original publisher and owner Khushtar Girami was a Sikh:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic...LAM/kVsrsW2PlQA
Harjinder
Harjinder
Celebrated a milepost occasion of our life in a light hearted way.A light hearted song to commemorate the occasion:To paraphrase the song:HAMARA BHI ZAMANA THA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho0jHy8dmms
Harjinder
Harjinder
80 years of Bollywood music in 5 minutes or so by Penn Masala (an a cappela group):
http://www.ndtv.com/article/offbeat/sing-a...502503?ndtv_rhs
Harjinder
Harjinder
Since early 1960's I had often wondered about a song 'main to waari waari jaaoon from' the 1959 movie 'Daaka'. In those years Kailash Cinema operators in Ludhiana used to play this song as as one of the fillers before the start of a movie. I thought it was sung by Geeta Dutt. Really the song is ' tod ke do nano ka taala' sung by Lata Mangeshkar & chorus. 'Main to waari waari jaaoon' is part of the refrain but not the opening line. I had requested this song many times on this site. Now that I have found this song so long lost to me but still part of my cherished memory, I am mentioning it here as my new find today.
Harjinder
Malala Yousafzay Of Pakistani origin and Indian Kailash Satyarthi have jointly won the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize. I may be mistaken but I think both of them are of Punjabi origin. A very proud day for us when a 17 year old girl who fought with her life for women's education ( she was shot in the head for campaigning for girls' education in Pakistan) and Kailash who was also victim to many a brutal attack when he tried to rescue children from slave like work conditions. They both fought against forces of regression and repression and have charted new paths for others to follow. This major international award award recognizes their peerless courage and bravery against brutal and seemingly insurmountable odds.
nandi
QUOTE(Harjinder @ Oct 9 2014, 06:21 AM) *

Since early 1960's I had often wondered about a song 'main to waari waari jaaoon from' the 1959 movie 'Daaka'. In those years Kailash Cinema operators in Ludhiana used to play this song as as one of the fillers before the start of a movie. I thought it was sung by Geeta Dutt. Really the song is ' tod ke do nano ka taala' sung by Lata Mangeshkar & chorus. 'Main to waari waari jaaoon' is part of the refrain but not the opening line. I had requested this song many times on this site. Now that I have found this song so long lost to me but still part of my cherished memory, I am mentioning it here as my new find today.

Find it on Hindigeetmala.net and it links all songs of Daaka to You Tube.
Harjinder
QUOTE(nandi @ Oct 23 2014, 06:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Oct 9 2014, 06:21 AM) *

Find it on Hindigeetmala.net and it links all songs of Daaka to You Tube.

Hi Nandi
Thanks for your suggestion. I do have all those songs. Nice to have some one from the near past to talk to, again.Harjinder
Harjinder
Tony Orlando And Dawn-1973-Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the ole oak tree:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWn1Oj2V7Xw
Harjinder
Shaer by Ghalib:
Ug raha hai daro-deewar se sabza Ghalib
Hum biyaban meinh hain aur ghar mein bahar aayi hai.
Harjinder
Bazar-1949-Shaheedo tum ko mera salaam-Mohammad Rafi MD Shyam Sunder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgPYNnRLVRI&spfreload=10
Harjinder
Sargam-1950-Raat milan ki dil hai pyasa, Mombasa-Lata Mangeshkar, Chitalkar & chorus MD Chitalkar Ramchander:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOjY93gVXHk&spfreload=10
Harjinder
Amrita Pritam-Unki Nazar Unka Shehar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyng88pcU7g&spfreload=10
Harjinder
Rajdhani-1956-Bhool ja sapne suhane bhool ja-Talat Mahmood, Lata Mangeshkar ( on screen Sunil Dutt & Nimmi ) MD Hans Raj Behl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZRFZGYbclg&spfreload=10
Harjinder
Gurdas Maan-Punjabi-Ki khattiya main teri Heer Banke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_6U479ggYM
In 1960, an Indian Punjabi film 'Heer Sayal' had a similar line, ' ki khattiya main Heer banke' in a song. I don't think the line was in the first line or in its refrain ( mukhda ? ). If you remember the song can you please provide me with its title (i.e. the first line or its refrain) or better still if you have it, post it. Thanks in advance.
Harjinder
Shailendra, in his early days, had written a poem 'JALTA HAI PUNJAB'. He recited this poem in a mushaira in which Raj Kapoor was present. It impressed Raj Kapoor so much that he wanted the poem to be used in his under production movie (Aag ? ). After some hesitation Shailendra became part of Raj Kapoor's favorite song composing team ( with Hasrat Jaipuri ) and he wrote many songs for Raj Kapoor's movies. Music direction for those films was by Shanker and Jaikishan. Shailendra would go on to write songs for other composers like S.D. Burman. and Salil Chaudury too but he wrote mostly for Raj Kapoor's favorite music directors Shanker Jaikishan .
Now I am looking for Shailendra's poem 'Jalta Hai Punjab '. If any one has it can you please post it here ? You can post it in Hindi/Devnagri, Urdu, Punjabi or Roman Script.
If you know of any anthology that includes this poem, please mention that too.
Thanks in advance.
Harjinder
Awaara hoon in Toronto Canada:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQveGInzdXM...p;feature=share
Harjinder
I remember a Punjabi song from Punjabi movie 'Chaudhry Karnail Singh' (from 1950's?). The songs words were something like,' gore gore hathan te mehndi ae laggi, keeta ae solah shingar toon, Chaleen ae sohre pind aj lado mahiye da ban ke pyar toon'.
Its tune and words resembled those of a song from 'Parineeta 1953' song,' gore gore hathon mein mehndi rachake, naino mein kajra dal ke' by Asha Bhosle & chorus.
The Punjabi song may have been banned for copyright violation but was often played on loudspeakers. If any one has the song I would like to listen to it again.
Perineeta song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWlAyxLm4q8
Harjinder
Before I had a foul up on my Computer's external hard drive. I had posted a song by Surinder Kaur and Parkash Kaur" Saiyo ni main gal sunawan Kal di.
If anyone has it can you send me a copy at hsd1944@gmail.com
Thanks in advance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.