Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Purani Yaadein
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
Harjinder
Amar-Tere sadke balam na kar koi gham-Lata Mangeshkar MD Naushad
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 03:38 min
Yesar 1954
Format MP3
Harjinder
Daag-Hum dard ke maaron ka itna hi fasana hai peene ko sharabe gham dil gham ka nishana hai-Talat Mahmood MD Shanker Jaikishan
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 03:54 min
Year 1952
Format MP3
Harjinder
Do Aankhen Barah Haath-Aye malik tere bande hum_Lata Mangeshkar & chorus-MD Vasant Desai
Bit rate 192 kbps
Duration 05:34 min
Year 1957
Format MP3

Please see post #1807 below for the posted song attachment.
Harjinder
Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi-Ek ladki bheegi bhaagi si soti raaton mein jaagi si-Kishore Kumar MD S.D. Burman
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 03:48 min
Year 1958
Format MP3
Harjinder
Udan Khatola-Dooba tara kismat ka-Lata Mangeshkar MD Naushad
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 03:03 min
Year 1955
Format MP3
kamalamohanty
QUOTE(Harjinder @ Oct 8 2012, 05:25 AM) *

Do aankhen Barah Haath-Aye malik tere bande hum_Lata Mangeshkar & chorus-MD Vasant Desai
Bit rate 192 kbps
Year 1957
Format MP3

Harjinder Saab,

The duration of the above song is not 5.34 minutes. It is hardly 1 minute & few seconds. Will you please upload the correct version having the length of 5.34 minutes?.

Thank you,

Kamala Mohanty
Harjinder
QUOTE(kamalamohanty @ Oct 9 2012, 09:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Oct 8 2012, 05:25 AM) *

Do aankhen Barah Haath-Aye malik tere bande hum_Lata Mangeshkar & chorus-MD Vasant Desai
Bit rate 192 kbps
Year 1957
Format MP3

Harjinder Saab,

The duration of the above song is not 5.34 minutes. It is hardly 1 minute & few seconds. Will you please upload the correct version having the length of 5.34 minutes?.

Thank you,

Kamala Mohanty

Hi Kamala Mohanti
Thanks for pointing out my mistake. Song attachment with the corrected duration is posted here. Harjinder
Harjinder
Do Bigha Zameen-Apni kahani chhod ja...mausam beeta jaye-Manna Dey, Lata Mangeshkar MD Salil Chaudhiry
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 04:48 min
Year 1953
Format MP3

Sub par audio quality.
Harjinder
Thokar-Aye gham e dil kya karoon-Talat Mahmood MD Sardar Malik
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Durtaion 03:25 min
Year 1953
Format MP3
HarshBhatt
Thanks for sharing Harjinder
Harjinder
QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ Oct 13 2012, 10:41 PM) *

Thanks for sharing Harjinder

Hi Harsh Bhatt
You are welcome.Harjinder
Harjinder
Thokar-Aye gham e di kyaa karoon-Asha Bhosle MD Sardar Malik
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 03:02 min
Year 1953
Format MP3
Harjinder
Azad-Kitna Haseen hai mausam kitna haseen safar hai, saathi hai khoobsurat yeh mausam ko bhi khabar hai-Chitalkar Ramchander & Lata Mangeshkar MD C. Ramchandra
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 03:40 min
Year 1955
Format MP3
Harjinder
Anhonee-Iss dil ki halat kya kahiye jo shad bhi hai nashad bhi hai-Lata Mangeshkar MD Roshan
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Year 1952
Format MP3
Harjinder
Hi Every One
I am interested in, getting information about life story of Deewan Sardari Lal of Lahore. He was the producer of first Pakistani film 'Teri Yaad' starring Nasir Khan (famous actor Dilip Kumar's brother who had later moved to India) released in 1948. Malika Pukhraj the well known singer was involved in a lawsuit against him about some film studio in Lahore and one of movie stars in Bollywood (Punish Malhotra ?)is his great grandson.
I am interested in finding out about his later life story. Did he stay in Pakistan or did he move to India? I would like to know of all the movies he produced in India and/or Pakistan and any other information about him. Harjinder
Harjinder
Poonam-Chanda ki chnadni mein jhoome jhoome dil mera-Lata Mangeshkar MD Shanker Jaikishan
Bit Rate 128 kbps
Year 1952
Format MP3
Harjinder
Hi every one
I have been trying to upload some songs but I have run into an unanticipated problem. When I try to upload the attachment I am given the message to the effect that the entry is too large. Previously I have been able to upload songs on this website and even now on another similar website (Our HFM) without any problem.Any suggestions ? Harjinder
10/22/2012
Harjinder
Anhonee-Mere dil ki dhadkan kya dole-Talat Mahmood,Lata Mangeshkar MD Roshan
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 02:36 min
Year 1952
Format MP3
Harjinder
Bawre Nain-Teri duniya mein dil lagta nahin wapas bula le-Mukesh MD Roshan
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 03:09 min
Year 1950
Format MP3
Harjinder
Hi 'moderating team' members
Since I changed my membership status from an 'Angel' to a 'regular member' I have posted about a dozen or so songs which should entitle me to to download a certain number of songs per HF regulations.
Sad to say I have not been given the needed authorization to download songs. I had already sent a note to the concerned 'administrator' about it some days earlier but without any results. I would hope there is be some one who regularly reads notes sent by members lilke me regarding their relevant concerns and responds to our requests in due time. Harjinder
Harjinder
Hi
Again having problems with uploading song attachments yesterday and today. Harjinder

October 25,2012
There may be some problem with this site. I cannot upload and I see only one other upload after my last post (Of October 20,2012,#1819). Harjinder
Harjinder
Hi Every one
Was trying to upload Barsat Ki Raat (1960) song 'Kaissi khushi le ke aaya Chand Eid ka, mujhe mil gaya bahana teri deed ka' but because of problems on the website was not able to upload the attachment. Harjinder
Harjinder
Hello every one
I am looking for songs from 'Trunk Call'. The movie had music by Ravi and was released in 1959 or 1960. It's not possible to post songs online on this site, so I hope if any one has those songs they can either post the link to a third party website or email the songs to me. Harjinder
nandi
QUOTE(Harjinder @ Nov 4 2012, 02:12 AM) *

Hello every one
I am looking for songs from 'Trunk Call'. The movie had music by Ravi and was released in 1959 or 1960. It's not possible to post songs online on this site, so I hope if any one has those songs they can either post the link to a third party website or email the songs to me. Harjinder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ldte4ey89Q
Try you tube!
Harjinder
Hi Nandi
Thanks for the suggestion. A few days ago I was able to download six songs on another website ( ). When I had posted this request I had looked on Youtube and even Googled my request. Somehow I was not able to find much. Your helpful suggestion is appreciated.
By the way are we going to see this site reactivated any time soon ? I have become sort of attached to it and I hope there is some one who will get it going again. Harjinder
Harjinder
Shama Parwana-Oh jane tamanna alvida alvida, ho sake to bakhsh dena jo huyee ho khata-Suraiya & chorus MD Husn Lal Bhagat Ram
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 04:11 min
Year 1954
Format MP3
surhall
hi
very good song
dhall
Harjinder
QUOTE(surhall @ Nov 19 2012, 10:12 AM) *

hi
very good song
dhall

Hi Surinder
Glad to see encoiuraging comment from a classic movie music aficionado. Harjinder
nandi
QUOTE(Harjinder @ Nov 17 2012, 02:43 AM) *

Hi Nandi
Thanks for the suggestion. A few days ago I was able to download six songs on another website ( ). When I had posted this request I had looked on Youtube and even Googled my request. Somehow I was not able to find much. Your helpful suggestion is appreciated.
By the way are we going to see this site reactivated any time soon ? I have become sort of attached to it and I hope there is some one who will get it going again. Harjinder

I think it is up to us to see how this site can be rejuvenated. As for your inability to download, it may be related to your "ratio" of Downloads/Uploads.
Harjinder
QUOTE(nandi @ Nov 19 2012, 11:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Nov 17 2012, 02:43 AM) *

Hi Nandi

I think it is up to us to see how this site can be rejuvenated. As for your inability to download, it may be related to your "ratio" of Downloads/Uploads.

Hi Nandi
Thanks for your input.I am not sure administration is being very helpful when I am told that all the songs I downloaded as an 'Angel' have to be factored in my ratio for download authorization.i paid for those songs in money. I understand the owners can make and interpret their rules to their own purpose but I sure am not happy about that. If this site was running without interruption or on a satisfactory level (by my own standards) I would not mind paying their annual fee but I would rather not spend money without an adequate value in return. Harjinder
nandi
I an sure you have heard this song from Raja Beta 1960
MD = Roshan
Lyrics: Rajinder Krishan
mp3 2.91mb 3:10 128kbps
Harjinder
Hi Nandi
Thanks for the song upload. Harjinder
Viraj Padhye
QUOTE(Harjinder @ Nov 4 2012, 02:12 AM) *

Hello every one

All 160 kbps.

Viraj
Harjinder
Hi Viraj
Thanks for the songs. Harjinder

Harjinder
'Singing In The Rain'- Gene Kelly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZYhVpdXbQ
Harjinder
Harjinder
Hi every one
Early in the morning I heard news of Ravi Shankar's death in California. With his death may be the best known name among Indian artistes in America has passed on. Originally he was a member of his brother Uday Shanker's dance troupe that visited U. S. many times. Later he became better known for his mastery of Sitar and was one of the more prominent artistes at Monterey Pop Festival in the early 1960's. Arpund 1970 I was able to watch a film documentary of the festval and at the conclusion of his performance on Sitar he received a long and reverential applause for his masterful artistry. ( By the way this festival was one of the major events associated with the beginning of the 'Hippy Movement' of young people protesting U.S. involvement in Vietnam.). After this performance Sitar music also became associated with some of the not so desired outcomes i. e. its use at marijuana smoking parties.He also became much better known and became an iconic figure among American artistes.
His daughter Norah Jones is also one of the top notch artistes in American music industry.
With his personal and professional associations he stayed in America for log stretches of time and breathed his last also on American soil.
I for one will remember him for introducing (?) and popularizing some strains of Indian classical music in America. Harjinder
Harjinder
Hi every one
I have finally been able to find a video rcording of Shabab song 'Marna teri gali mein' sung by Rafi that has almost no surface noise. I may be late with the news as many members may already have that song but in any case I thought I should mention it as it is now available on internet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gStgMe2rqiA
Harjinder
usrafian
QUOTE(Harjinder @ Dec 21 2012, 09:36 PM) *

Hi every one
I have finally been able to find a video rcording of Shabab song 'Marna teri gali mein' sung by Rafi that has almost no surface noise. I may be late with the news as many members may already have that song but in any case I thought I should mention it as it is now available on internet.
Harjinder

Yes, it is ndeed crystal clear .

Harjinder ji thanks for the information.

USR
Harjinder
QUOTE(usrafian @ Jan 4 2013, 12:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Dec 21 2012, 09:36 PM) *

Hi every one
Harjinder

Yes, it is ndeed crystal clear .

Harjinder ji thanks for the information.

USR

US Rafian
You are welcome.Harjinder
Harjinder
U.s. presidential Inauguration (Chicago Tribune)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-oba...0,4003560.story
Harjinder
Harjinder
Hi every one
I am looking for a book 'Aur Insan Mar Gaya' by Ramanand Sagar. Any edition in Hindi, Urdu, English, or Punjabi would be o.k. if it's available in print edition, on internet, or even if there's a used print copy available for sale, I would like to know about it Harjinder

05/30/2013
Hi
I was able to borrow this book from Chicago Public library through inter library loan to my town's library. One comment after reading it " are we Punjabis really that bad!" My answer should be obvious. Harjinder
Harjinder
Cher-Gypsies tramps and thieves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAVg_mmTJ14
Harjinder
Harjinder
Silsila-1981-Banhe jinna di pakdiye,sir deeje banhe na chhodiye-Late Bhai Harbans Singh Ragi Jagadhri wale & another Ragi MD Shiv Hari
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=5TMtDscVu28
Harjinder
I was provided a longer version of this shabad by a Muslim lady with a really magnanimous nature. Her name was Erum Hashmi and she hailed from Mumbai area. She had some form of incurable cancer and later succumbed to this disease. Any time I play this Shabad or post it, I think of her and her helpful attitude. (With the crash of my computer's hard drive I have lost that longer version).
By the way this shabad refers to another magnanimous episode in Sikh history. Some Kashmiri people had sought Guru Tag Bahadur's help in protecting their religion and Guru Teg Bahadur went to Emperor Aurangzeb to plead their case. According to the history I studied, he sacrificed his life for their cause.
Sad to say, in modern revisions of Sikh history even this noble deed is getting denied.
Harjinder
Hi every one
I came to know a few minutes ago that premier Punjabi/Hindi singer Shamshad Begum has died. With her death we have lost a dominant female voice of Hindi and Punjabi movies from the 1950's. She and Mohammad Rafi both belonged to Amritsar district and both of them had been prominent movie playback singers in Punjabi and Hindi movies in the 1950's and 1960's.She has regaled us with voice for decades and will continue to do so in the coming decades.
May her soul rest in peace.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/shamsha...4/1/267331.html
Harjinder
One of her better known songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVQTjSVCCPc
Harjinder
Another song from the voice of her humsaya singer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzIRsg2WNxg
Harjinder
Another one by Talat Mahmood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zslcMFPf1k
Harjinder
Harjinder
I have been looking for a song from Changhez Khan-1957-Samarkand ke Yarkand ke Tashakand ke tohfe hain purnoor sung by Lata Mangeshkar & Sudha Malhotra. The movie had music direction by Hansraj Behl. If some one can email me the song I will really appreciate.
I had more than one copy of this song and crash of the hard drive has wiped out my previous collection. Youtube and Google searches have not helped any. Again I hope some kind soul can email me the song at hdhaliwal@sbcglobal.net.
Thanks in advance. Harjinder
surhall
hi brother
i have this song wait sunday u/l here
dhall
Harjinder
QUOTE(surhall @ May 30 2013, 10:34 AM) *

hi brother
i have this song wait sunday u/l here
dhall

Hi Surinder
Thanks for the offer. I have tried to send you an answer on your email account but I think your hotmail account is not active anymore.If you give me your phone number on my email ( hdhaliwal@sbcglobal.net) address, I can call you. Harjinder
Harjinder
QUOTE(Harjinder @ Mar 20 2013, 07:57 PM) *

Hi every one
I am looking for a book 'Aur Insan Mar Gaya' by Ramanand Sagar. Any edition in Hindi, Urdu, English, or Punjabi would be o.k. if it's available in print edition, on internet, or even if there's a used print copy available for sale, I would like to know about it Harjinder

05/30/2013
Hi
I was able to borrow this book from Chicago Public library through inter library loan to my town's library. One comment after reading it, " are we Punjabis really that bad!" Considering what happened in 1947, the answer should be obvious. Harjinder
Harjinder
QUOTE(Harjinder @ Nov 21 2011, 08:47 PM) *

Changhez Khan-Samarkand ke Yarkand ke Tashkand ke Tashkand ke tohfe hain purnoor-Lata Mangeshkar, Sudha Malhotra, Mohammad Rafi & chorus MD Hans Raj Behl
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 05:25 min
Year 1957
Format MP3

Changhez Khan-Mohabbat zinda rehti hai mohabbt mar nahin sakti-Mohammad Rafi MD Hans Raj Behl
Bit Rate 128 kbps
Duration 04:14 min
Year 1957
Format MP3

Rajdhani-Bhool ja sapne suhane bhool ja-Talat Mahmood, Lata Mangeshkar MD Hans Raj Behl
Bit Rate 128 kbps
Duration 04:36 min
Year 1956
Format MP3

Hi
Is there any one who downloaded the song (Samarkand ke, Yarkand ke, Tashkand ke tohfe...) from my upload? The external hard drive that I stored this song on has crashed and I can't locate this song in my other downloads or tapes etc. If some one has it can you email (hdhaliwal@sbcglobal.net) it to me? Thanks in advance. Harjinder
Viraj Padhye
QUOTE(Harjinder @ Sep 24 2013, 01:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Nov 21 2011, 08:47 PM) *

Changhez Khan-Samarkand ke Yarkand ke Tashkand ke Tashkand ke tohfe hain purnoor-Lata Mangeshkar, Sudha Malhotra, Mohammad Rafi & chorus MD Hans Raj Behl
Bit Rate 192 kbps
Duration 05:25 min
Year 1957
Format MP3

Changhez Khan-Mohabbat zinda rehti hai mohabbt mar nahin sakti-Mohammad Rafi MD Hans Raj Behl
Bit Rate 128 kbps
Duration 04:14 min
Year 1957
Format MP3

Rajdhani-Bhool ja sapne suhane bhool ja-Talat Mahmood, Lata Mangeshkar MD Hans Raj Behl
Bit Rate 128 kbps
Duration 04:36 min
Year 1956
Format MP3

Hi
Is there any one who downloaded the song (Samarkand ke, Yarkand ke, Tashkand ke tohfe...) from my upload? The external hard drive that I stored this song on has crashed and I can't locate this song in my other downloads or tapes etc. If some one has it can you email (hdhaliwal@sbcglobal.net) it to me? Thanks in advance. Harjinder

Have you got his?
Viraj
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.