Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Use Bittorrent
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
Aurous
How To Use BitTorrent

BitTorrent is a file-sharing protocol that lets you download content directly from other groups of people. Unlike HTTP, the download speeds vary, because you aren’t receiving data from a dedicated server, instead you’re downloading from other users’ computers.

The next obvious question would be, “how do I connect to other BitTorrent users to download files?”
Here’s a simple 3-step guide:

1. Get a BitTorrent client

First you need a BitTorrent client, a program that will enable you to connect to other users (or peers) and thereby download the files you want to. Our favourites are: Windows - uTorrent, Mac - Azureus, Linux - BitTorrent. Click through one of the links and download and install the client.

2. Find a torrent

Now that you have a BitTorrent client installed, you’ll want to find torrents you like and download them. For that you have to visit a BitTorrent directory or use a BitTorrent search engine like Torrentz. For example, open www.torrentz.com in your browser and search for anything (linux for example). If you see something you like, click on one of the ‘Download Locations’ and download the .torrent file from the site.

3. Start the download

Once downloaded, double-click the file and it will open and start downloading in your BitTorrent client. Some clients like Azureus will ask you to specify a location to save the file.

That’s all. You’re using BitTorrent! Not too complicated, is it?

Here are a couple of tutorials that may help you further:
How to create a torrent
How to optimize your BitTorrent Client settings
How to improve your BitTorrent download speed

If you've any other queries, please PM me or put your query in this thread.
pradeepjoshi
I want some help on torrents.
While searching for torrent of old TV serial "Bharat Ek Khoj", I came across a link which said that the torrent would be available on www.desitorrents.com

When I went to the site , it says you must be registered before you can access the site and that registration is by "invitation only". Can any one help in getting an invitation ?

Also anybody is aware of "Bharat ek khoj" torrent ?

Pradeepjoshi
nadeem mohd
QUOTE(pradeepjoshi @ Aug 16 2007, 07:43 PM) *

I want some help on torrents.
While searching for torrent of old TV serial "Bharat Ek Khoj", I came across a link which said that the torrent would be available on www.desitorrents.com

When I went to the site , it says you must be registered before you can access the site and that registration is by "invitation only". Can any one help in getting an invitation ?

Also anybody is aware of "Bharat ek khoj" torrent ?

Pradeepjoshi

Desitorrents have closed registrations.

http://www.desitorrents.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143737
nadeem mohd
I can provide u BWT invite if u want. smile.gif
AzgarKhan
I am a senior member of Desi Torrents, if anyone needs invitation - lemme know.
Aurous
QUOTE(AzgarKhan @ Aug 17 2007, 02:34 AM) *

I am a senior member of Desi Torrents, if anyone needs invitation - lemme know.

But Azgarbhai, Invites at DT are closed until further notice.
sbiswas2005
I want to download the colour version of Naya Daur...I found a torrent link in the web...But it is dead sad.gif

Can anyone post how to download this movie???

It will be nice of you if you share if you have

Subir
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.