Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gmail File System
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
Pradeep
Interesting.. http://richard.jones.name/google-hacks/gma...filesystem.html

Wonder gmail guys are aware of all this thatz being done behind their backs. Its very unlikely anyone would utlize 1 GB email space... so put it to better use, make an FS out of the available space. smile1.gif
Nimii
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 30 2004, 10:14 AM)

Wonder gmail guys are aware of all this thatz being done behind their backs. Its very unlikely anyone would utlize 1 GB email space... so put it to better use, make an FS out of the available space. smile1.gif

hehehe poor gmail guys smile1.gif mebbe someone shld alert them smile1.gif But you never know Pradeep, I am sure they would be well aware and such breaks in findings of the bugs in their provision, can actually help them make stuff better na.. Like the viruses which are rampant around that help the OS makers to fix the bugs in the system at the expense of ppl like you and me cry.gif((((((((((

N smile1.gif
Pradeep
QUOTE(Nimii @ Aug 30 2004, 06:50 AM)

hehehe poor gmail guys smile1.gif mebbe someone shld alert them smile1.gif But you never know Pradeep, I am sure they would be well aware and such breaks in findings of the bugs in their provision, can actually help them make stuff better na.. Like the viruses which are rampant around that help the OS makers to fix the bugs in the system at the expense of ppl like you and me cry.gif((((((((((

N smile1.gif

If they have so much space, why cant they provide backup solutions to small time webbers like us smile1.gif
Nimii
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 30 2004, 01:13 PM)
If they have so much space, why cant they provide backup solutions to small time webbers like us smile1.gif

O yes tht is true too! May be it is in the offing ..lets wait and see smile1.gif

N smile1.gif
Bawra Jay
20 gig online backup is a small time webber wink2.gif Pradeep its time you realize you have grown huge.... like that HULK picture of yours wink2.gif wink2.gif

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 30 2004, 03:43 AM)
QUOTE(Nimii @ Aug 30 2004, 06:50 AM)

N smile1.gif

Bawra Jay
QUOTE(Nimii @ Aug 30 2004, 02:50 AM)

N smile1.gif

Pleaseeeeeeeee dont ... its too much..... like asking for stopping unlimited Invites wink2.gif wink2.gif wink2.gif
ghulam
Hello guys,

Is there a way of checking the progress of uploading an attachment on gmail.Coz the other day I wanted to send a album[50MB] in it was taking forever . I waited for abt an hour then just gave up..Please help

thnks
Nimii
QUOTE(ghulam @ Sep 28 2004, 12:51 PM)
Hello guys,

Is there a way of checking the progress of uploading an attachment on gmail.Coz the other day I wanted to send a album[50MB] in it was taking forever . I waited  for abt an hour then just gave up..Please help

thnks

50mb file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *thud*

N ohmy.gif
Pradeep
Opera is the only browser I've seen that shows the status of any file upload using the browser. Since gmail still does not have support for browsers without activex, it fails to load in Opera.
Chitralekha
No it wont let you attach that big a file. It refused to attach my 10 MB file one time. Never tried it afterwards.

May be coolgoose email allows. Try it.
Pradeep
GMail Drive: http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm
Nimii
Nimii bangs her head on the keyboard..

Kya hai yeh?

N sad1.gif
Pradeep
Just like X-Drive. This drive allows you to use your gmail account file space as a regular file drive.
Nimii
But we need 2 install something right a s/w or is it juz some settings that are required?

N ?
Pradeep
Its a shell extension. A small piece of software, which will enable a icon in My Computer as a regular drive linking it to gmail.
Nimii
ohmy.gif aisa kya!

Tsk tsk installin something always make me shrink back sad1.gif

grrrrrrr sad1.gif

N sad1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.