Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dear Reader
Hamara Forums > Legends > Kishore Kumar
kcp
Was replying to a music fan from other group and found out some scribblings of mine, taken down from the old magazines. This was when Guru was in the best form of his acting career ( late 50's ) and he was invited for a few issues of Filmfare to answer the readers' questions.

here are a few of them...some of them funny, some serious and some very philosophical and relevant to Guru's life

Wish he had done more than 3/4 issues :-(

Will find more and send whenever I find them
smile1.gif

KCP
-------------------------------------------------------------

Q - What is the difference between Ashok Kumar, Anup Kumar and Kishore Kumar
A - They differ in age and bank balance

Q - What is your opinion about classical music in films ?
A - Very effective, when administered in judicious and palatable doses

Q - How do you regard film acting - as a hobby or as a profession ?
A - On a hobby you spend the money you earn from your profession. Film acting is my profession.

Q - Which do you prefer - tragic or comic roles ?
A/Q - Do you prefer laughter or tears when you are paying for it ?

Q - Have you visited any foreign country ?
A - I am sometimes overcome by the feeling of being a foreigner in my own country

Q - Who in your opinion is the best comedian of Indian Screen ?
A - He who gives the most subtle expression in his work to the saying "Life is a comedy to one who thinks and a tragedy to one who feels"

Q - Are you a serious person in real life ?
A - Not at all - Life and I keep laughing at each other all the time

Q - Were you really serious when you declared in an article sometime ago your intention to stop being a clown and take up more serious roles ?
A - If I convinced you about it, then I succeeded in bringing off my biggest joke.

Q - Do you mean it when you say that you are producing, directing, writing the story and composing the music of Adhura Geet ( KCP : later renamed as Suhaana Geet, shooting started and 9 songs recorded, most of them semi-classical, all penned by Shailendra )
A - Ofcourse I do. I spent hard earned money on the advertisement !
OMkar
Thanks KCP! Awaiting for some more such stuff on GURU!! rolleyes.gif
GURUFAN
QUOTE(kcp @ Jul 21 2007, 02:34 PM) *

Was replying to a music fan from other group and found out some scribblings of mine, taken down from the old magazines. This was when Guru was in the best form of his acting career ( late 50's ) and he was invited for a few issues of Filmfare to answer the readers' questions.

here are a few of them...some of them funny, some serious and some very philosophical and relevant to Guru's life

Wish he had done more than 3/4 issues :-(

Will find more and send whenever I find them
smile1.gif

KCP
-------------------------------------------------------------

Q - What is the difference between Ashok Kumar, Anup Kumar and Kishore Kumar
A - They differ in age and bank balance

Q - What is your opinion about classical music in films ?
A - Very effective, when administered in judicious and palatable doses

Q - How do you regard film acting - as a hobby or as a profession ?
A - On a hobby you spend the money you earn from your profession. Film acting is my profession.

Q - Which do you prefer - tragic or comic roles ?
A/Q - Do you prefer laughter or tears when you are paying for it ?

Q - Have you visited any foreign country ?
A - I am sometimes overcome by the feeling of being a foreigner in my own country

Q - Who in your opinion is the best comedian of Indian Screen ?
A - He who gives the most subtle expression in his work to the saying "Life is a comedy to one who thinks and a tragedy to one who feels"

Q - Are you a serious person in real life ?
A - Not at all - Life and I keep laughing at each other all the time

Q - Were you really serious when you declared in an article sometime ago your intention to stop being a clown and take up more serious roles ?
A - If I convinced you about it, then I succeeded in bringing off my biggest joke.

Q - Do you mean it when you say that you are producing, directing, writing the story and composing the music of Adhura Geet ( KCP : later renamed as Suhaana Geet, shooting started and 9 songs recorded, most of them semi-classical, all penned by Shailendra )
A - Ofcourse I do. I spent hard earned money on the advertisement !

Thanks KCP Bhai,

I loved the last 3 responses a lot !!
Swapan Das
Dear KCP bhai,

Thanks for such kind of stuff. Do pour in more...

Regards,
Swapan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.