Full Version: Happy Birthday Guru
Hamara Forums > Legends > Kishore Kumar
adm654
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GURU
jayant
saabash dada.
J
gurubaran
Let me take the opportunity to wish Guru (Kishoreda) a very very wonderful B'day party2.gif
Bawra Jay

Wish Kishore Da a Very Very happy 75th birthday ....
mudit_mehta
I wish Kishore Da and all my fellow Kishorians

Many Many Happy Returns of the Day !! party2.gif

Indeed its our day and we certainly deserve some partying and stuff, feeling charged up today as if its my b'day.. rollf.gif

Nimii
MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY...

GURU YOU ARE ALWAYS IN MY THOUGHTS, IN MY DREAMS.. YOUR SONGS ARE MY SOLACE, YOUR VOICE COMFORTS ME WHEN I AM SAD, WHEN I FEEL DEPRESSED..

YOU ARE THERE WITH ME IN MY TIMES OF JOY AND SADNESS...

THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE FOR ME ALWAYS..

N smile1.gif
Pradeep
Many Happy Returns of the day Kishore Da smile1.gif

You have made millions of faces smile, you've made them forget their worries and made them sing along with you. You'll always be remembered as a versatile genious that excelled in every field.
sauvikbasu
Omor Shilpi tumi Kishore Kumar,
Tomake jaanai pronaam ....

Aaj aap ka 75th Birth Anniversary hain, par aaj aap humare beech mein nahin ho ... 17 saal beet gaye, lekin phir bhi hum yeh maan ne ke liye taiyaar nahi ke aap nahi ho ....

aap ne gaya thha :
jokhon aami onek dure , roibo na aar matir pore,
tokhon amay porbe mone, ager moton omon kore ....

yakeen kijiye ... You are still alive in our hearts, and continue doing so even after our hearts stop beating....for you not just another singer to us.
you are our heart beat ...

main dil tum dharkan,
tumse mera jeevan ....
kaanch ke jaise toot na jaaye,
toota jo yeh bandhan ....

wish you a very happy birthday ... many many happy returns of the day ....

Moron tomay konodin-o parbe na kobhu kere nitey .....

archimoz
Dear friends,

This is regarding the Neela Aasmaan song ('akela hoon main is jahaan mein'). For the last 3 weeks, I'm listening to this song every day and it never fails to give me goose-bumps. In fact, my 15 month old son is going to bed every night listening to this gem.

The tune is simple & the song does not even have a proper 'antara'. It is just Guru's voice quality & stupendous emotive content in the voice which raises this song into the realms of immortality. Along with the lyrics (is it Shailendra?) which seems to bring out the innermost feelings of Guru in his voice.

I request all the BBM members to comment about this song on this special day today. This song showcases Guru's voice and composing abilities at it's best.

For me, the song has a faint resemblance with another gem composed by him ('raahi tu mat ruk jaana'). It gives me a feeling that I'm sitting on a lonely beach in the evening watching the azure blue sky while the waves lazily lap near my feet.

Regards-Archie.
Jagadish
KISHOREDA, U live on in our memories for ever.........

U are with me from my college days, all the xams, during my happiness, during my depression.............
Thanks for all the things u have left for us...............

Jags-Yet another Kishore fan
jayant
QUOTE (archimoz @ Aug 4 2004, 11:03 AM)
Dear friends,

This is regarding the Neela Aasmaan song ('akela hoon main is jahaan mein'). For the last 3 weeks, I'm listening to this song every day and it never fails to give me goose-bumps. In fact, my 15 month old son is going to bed every night listening to this gem.

The tune is simple & the song does not even have a proper 'antara'. It is just Guru's voice quality & stupendous emotive content in the voice which raises this song into the realms of immortality. Along with the lyrics (is it Shailendra?) which seems to bring out the innermost feelings of Guru in his voice.

I request all the BBM members to comment about this song on this special day today. This song showcases Guru's voice and composing abilities at it's best.

For me, the song has a faint resemblance with another gem composed by him ('raahi tu mat ruk jaana'). It gives me a feeling that I'm sitting on a lonely beach in the evening watching the azure blue sky while the waves lazily lap near my feet.

Regards-Archie.

archie truly its a rare gem.
i find it quite similar in effects with "AA CHAL KE TUJHE" though the tune is different.Both the songs r sung with very little music in the backdrop...which makes it extremely difficult.
only a genius can do it.
jayant
suhana_safar
Many happy returns of the day Kishore Da. Thanks for the timeless and invaluable art that you bestowed by your excellent skills and class.
Jagadish
[QUOTE=archimoz,Aug 4 2004, 11:03 AM] Dear friends,

Regards-Archie. [/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]
Archie,

Both the songs are real gems............ulti....mate
yup, ur rite....it starts like raahi tu mat ruk jaana.............but I felt Akela hoon main is jahan mein is slower than raahi tu mat ruk jaana...........Guru's voice is ulti mate.............Voice is very clear and Guru carries the whole song without music and only with his emotions/expressions....Great yaar..........

Pyar Ajnabee hai is awesome buddy...........I donno how many songs are not known for us...........

Thanks to all for the rare gems..............

Luv u Guru..............
Jags
ani218122
Thanks - clap1.gif - for the great uplaods on Guru's 75th Birth anniv.

Eagerly awaiting the upload of the song from 'Bharosa' tongue.gif

anirudha
rom
Archisman:

God! I'm speechless, Archie. I can only listen and listen to it. I can only say that I experience great serenity in Guru's voice, with beautifully sparse instrumentation.
Adm654, you're really a generous, kind soul... You gave me the opportunity to hear this rarest of rare gems, and Pyar Ajnabi Hei. God bless you!
Nimii
Words cant express it..

It is absolutely divine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N smile1.gif
preet
a very very happy birthday to kishore da....he is really missed and loved by all of us....i wish he knew how much.... bow.gif
rom
I'm uploading a lovely picture of Kishore da... taken by Bhawan Singh for India Today in 1985. It was published in Hindia India Today in June. Not very great scanning quality, but I'd try to upload it in better quality next time.
Regards
rom
Arrey, photu kahan gayi? How do I upload a photo guys?
Nimii
QUOTE (rom @ Aug 4 2004, 01:53 PM)
Arrey, photu kahan gayi? How do I upload a photo guys?

Rom bhai.. juz attach it like u attach a song file (no need to zip tho!) and post it with ur msg..

bas hoga ya na !

N smile1.gif
Pradeep
Make sure the photu is JPG or a GIF. Invision will not accept BMP.
rom
Nimi:
Rom bhai.. juz attach it like u attach a song file (no need to zip tho!) and post it with ur msg..
bas hoga ya na !
N

Arrey wohi to kiya thha! Lost in transition!
rom
Pradeep:

It's a JPEG. Here goes again...
Nimii
Wowowow Rom bhai such a nice pic smile1.gif))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Aap ne dil khush kardi hamari smile1.gif

N smile1.gif
rom
Yup, lovely picture! Guru is looking right into the camera here, and that's something I've not seen too often. Perhaps he didn't like being photographed, but I think he was softened for this one due to the presence of wife Leena and little Sumit next to him.
Nimii
How wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes he was a happy man with Leena as his wife and esp after the arrival little Sumit smile1.gif

N smile1.gif
unni
During the few days I spent in Mumbai recently, as usual I engaged in conversation with the drivers who ferried me around the city. In a city where people are rushing about, "locals" generally keep mum after mentioning their destinations. Whereas, as a visitor, I have the time to enquire where he hails from (usually U.P.), where his family is (invariably "gaav mein"), how long he has been in Bombay (decades), and where he lives (answers vary from Worli to Borivili).

One such conversation brought up the subject of the homes of Bollywood celebrities. The driver informed me that Kishore-da's home is in Juhu, that there is also a street named him. Although I could guess the answer, I asked, "Who lives there now"? He replied, "Woh ab bhi wahan rahta hai".

I was about to correct him, to "inform" this younger man that Kishore-da is no more. Then I thought better of it.

In retrospect, he was right and I was wrong.

Kishore-da continues to live in his home. That home is not just one place. He resides in the hearts of his innumerable fans all over the world. He truly has a home "everywhere".

Legends are born. They never die. Particularly artistes whose body of work survives long after the physical body ceases to be. Even more so in the case of singers, for the voice continues to reverberate long after the hearbeat is stilled.

A 'Birthday' is a day of CELEBRATION, not commemoration.

So. let us celebrate the life of one, whose energy and spirit and humor continues to give us immeasurable joy in our own lives.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KISHORE-DA.

Poppy
Let me add some lines for Neela Aasman

The lines are defenately not mine it's of VAMPYDA wink2.gif

NEELA AASMAN - It'S a tune from HEAVEN ...very well said by VAMPY

Chitralekha
QUOTE (rom @ Aug 4 2004, 01:30 AM)
Pradeep:

It's a JPEG. Here goes again...

Happy belated Birthday to Guru. cake.gif

How in the world would we survive if we didnt have his.... zindagi ek safar hai suhaana.... to zindagi ke safar mein guzar jaate hai.... to zindagi ka safar hai yeh kaisa safar.... to zindagi pyaar ka geet hai.
badi sooni sooni hai zindagi yeh zindagi.... tere bina zindagi se koi shikva to nahin..... dekha hai zindagi ko kuch itna kareeb se (first song ever I heard of Guru)... tum bhi chalo, hum bhi chale chalti rahe yeh zindagi....
Zindagi unn ke geeto ke bina adhuri hai....

May God bring you happiness and peace wherever you are.

ps. Akela hoon main is very nice smile1.gif Best part is you get to hear his voice without too much music in background.
jigri
Great songs.. Thanks a lot..
kistin
Hello all...

I am from Turkey and new to this forum.

I have listened to some songs of Kishore Kumar without being aware that he has gone in 1987 October. sad1.gif

Although I don't understand the lyrics of the songs, I listen to them with admiration and pleasure.

He has a very eccentric style in singing which causes a charming influence on me.

I just want to wish him a belated happy birthday

Regards
mnazamoudine
QUOTE(jayant @ Aug 4 2004, 07:50 AM) *

QUOTE(archimoz @ Aug 4 2004, 11:03 AM)
Dear friends,

Regards-Archie.

archie truly its a rare gem.
i find it quite similar in effects with "AA CHAL KE TUJHE" though the tune is different.Both the songs r sung with very little music in the backdrop...which makes it extremely difficult.
only a genius can do it.
jayant

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.