Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there any problem if i upload site
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
dhiren
Hi friends,

I am here again with one quary, can anyone tell me if I made site in Macromedia Fireworks MX, will there any problem with uploading? Because fireworks makes each slice as a image, and my each page has around 30 images. So is there any problem in uploading the site with so many images?

As Jaybhai suggested I use ACEFTP for transfering the files.

Thanks

Dhiren
Chitralekha
Cant answer the flash question because I dont know about that.

For ftp transfers, the best software out there is Wsftp_LE. Really good stuff. You can get it from download.com.

smile1.gif
Bawra Jay
QUOTE (dhiren @ Jul 30 2004, 08:26 AM)
Hi friends,

I am here again with one quary, can anyone tell me if I made site in Macromedia Fireworks MX, will there any problem with uploading? Because fireworks makes each slice as a image, and my each page has around 30 images. So is there any problem in uploading the site with so many images?

As Jaybhai suggested I use ACEFTP for transfering the files.

Thanks

Dhiren

It depends on your hosting server... does it have restriction by size or by number of files... normally a paid hosting servers have restriction on bandwidth and size and hardly it matters on number of files....

Make sure the image size is smaller and it gets cached.... so the user has better viewing/ surfing exp smile1.gif

Good Luck and lets us know when your site is ready..so we can see your efforts wink2.gif....
Pradeep
Dhiren,

Its always better to split a big image into multiple images and then using tables or layers to position them as though a single image. You will find a considerable improvement if you browse the page with 28.8 kbps modem or lower.

But if it is one big single image, the speed would go down. Its more like when you download... the initial speed is good.. but successively it reduces. Hence if you split the image, at the initial point itself it gets the full resource, so the next connection to the new resource will be a new one.

smile1.gif

Pradeep
Chitralekha
Oh now I understand the slicing part. It is where we make parts of solid color image to gif and gradients to jpg.

Pradeep, lets say you have this image with slices right, is there an easy way to upload this on sites like geocities where ftp access is not available? Are Dhiren and I asking the same thing? *whoops*
dhiren
Dear Chitralekhaji, Pradeep and Jaybhai,

Thanks for your advice, I am also doing the same thing. I divided most of the image in slices. I donot have more images and I have around 700 images which are not bigger than 1 KB and around 10 images which are less than 50 KB. I doing work for one organisation call Friends of Israel which has purchased webspace of 10 MBs with domain name. So guys, please advice me, would I have any problem in uploading the site.

Thanking you,

Dhiren
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.