Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Majboor[1948]
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
mahesh
hello friends,
here are all the songs from 1948 ghulam haider classic-majboor.lyrics are by nazim panipati
here are the first three songs-
1]mein to reh gayi aaj akeli re-geeta roy-128kbps/3.25,
2]-gori sakhiyon se ankhiyan churay rahi re-geeta,lata-128kbps/3.04,
3]-dekho ji-2,mori bahiyan pakad ke chhod na dena-hamida bano,g m durrani-128kbps/3.34.

enjoy and respond,
mahesh
sbfan
well Maheshji thanks for majboor songs. Haider saheb was great guy to understand the talent of geeta and kata both in this movie and every song is masterpiece..
but anyone can tell why he moved away from shamshad in his later movies like shaheed,majboor etc while she was his primary singer from 30's

regards
sbfan
mahesh
next-

4]-daman hai chak chak..ab jee ke kya kare koi-lata-192kbps/3.20,
5]-ab darne ki koi baat nahin-lata,mukesh-192vbr/2.43.

enjoy,
mahesh
mahesh
and finally-
6]-dil mera toda-lata-128kbps/2.59,
7]-piya milne ko aa-lata-128kbps/2.43,
8]-har shay pe jawani hai-geeta,lata-96kbps/3.23

ashish,
thanks for the response,no idea why ghulam haider started experimenting with new talents like geeta,lata,surinder kaur and lalita deoolker.

regards,
mahesh
Harishankar
QUOTE(mahesh @ Feb 3 2007, 09:49 PM) *

and finally-

ashish,
thanks for the response,no idea why ghulam haider started experimenting with new talents like geeta,lata,surinder kaur and lalita deoolker.

regards,
mahesh

The last film recorded by Masterji, before he crossed the border, and was lost to us forever, was 'Padmini'. And Lata's "Bedard tere dard ko seene se lagaake", despite carrying an unmistakable Noorjehan overtone, remains an all-time great rendition, of Lata for her 'Masterji'. Here it is:

Click to view attachment

And, though it suffers in comparison with Lata's phenomenal "Bedard tere dard ko", Geeta Roy's duet with Ashok Kumar, for the same film, "Sapera been bajayo ri", also proved immensely popular then, and remains heard to this day:

Click to view attachment

Inviting all members to complete the 'Padmini' score, so that we can have another Ghulam Haider treasure-trove at hand.

Hari

sbfan
can anyone tell the last film in which shamshad begum sung for ghulam haider?
surhall

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

bhai ji bhut bhut sukriya aap ka
dhall
balajigade
QUOTE(Harishankar @ Feb 3 2007, 10:54 PM) *

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

The last film recorded by Masterji, before he crossed the border, and was lost to us forever, was 'Padmini'. And Lata's "Bedard tere dard ko seene se lagaake", despite carrying an unmistakable Noorjehan overtone, remains an all-time great rendition, of Lata for her 'Masterji'. Here it is:

Click to view attachment

And, though it suffers in comparison with Lata's phenomenal "Bedard tere dard ko", Geeta Roy's duet with Ashok Kumar, for the same film, "Sapera been bajayo ri", also proved immensely popular then, and remains heard to this day:

Click to view attachment

Inviting all members to complete the 'Padmini' score, so that we can have another Ghulam Haider treasure-trove at hand.

Hari

I've a truncated version of bas men kar ke bebus kar gaye.. by Zohara Bai from 'Padmini'. In case there are no uploads from others I'll upload it (bebus ho kar).
Waiting until then..

--Balaji
mahesh

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hari

hariji,
i disagree with you.''bedard tere dard ko'' and ''sapera bin bajaiyo'' are songs of two different moods and there is no point in comparing them.if any of geetaji songs are to be compared with ''bedard tere dard ko'' then they have to be her sad songs from the three 1948 ghulam haider movies-shaheed[aaja bedardi balma],majboor[mein to reh gayi aaj akeli re] and padmini[aaja aaja o bidesi balma,mora piya nahin bas mein] and in my opinion,geetaji rendition is no way inferior to lataji.
the lata-ghulam haider combination has been over-hyped.apart from ''bedard tere dard ko'';all other products are quite ordinary [both from lataji's and ghulam haider's standard].

regards,
mahesh

mahesh
QUOTE(sbfan @ Feb 3 2007, 10:58 PM) *

can anyone tell the last film in which shamshad begum sung for ghulam haider?

ashish,
i think it was kaneez[1949].she sang two songs in the film-

1]-tum kya jano meri bindiya ka mol[with g m durrani],
2]-lo jaame mohabbat.

while hfgk mentions ghulam haider sahab as the director of first song;it doesn't mention anything about the second song.the music director of the second song can be either masterji or hansraj behl.
regards,
mahesh
kamalamohanty

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

Mahesh Jee,

Great Upload of a great Film by a great Composer.

Many many thanks,

Kamala Mohanty
parag_sankla

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

Mahesh ji once again bunch of thanks for these rare numbers, esp "Har shay pe jawani hai"
I have opened a thread on Geeta ji's forum for these lovely songs and given link to this thread..

smile.gif

Best Regards
Parag

mirsa
Mahesh Bhai, many many thanks for the excellent uploads of Majboor (1948). A very rare album indeed.

I have corrected the speed of the song uploaded "Dekho Ji(2)Mori Baiyan Pakad Ke sung by Hamida Bano & G.M. Durani, it was bit slower at 3.34 minutes and now its 3.23 minutes. I hope now it sound ok.
File : MP3/128 Kbps
Harishankar
QUOTE(mahesh @ Feb 4 2007, 10:15 AM) *

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hari

hariji,
i disagree with you.''bedard tere dard ko'' and ''sapera bin bajaiyo'' are songs of two different moods and there is no point in comparing them.if any of geetaji songs are to be compared with ''bedard tere dard ko'' then they have to be her sad songs from the three 1948 ghulam haider movies-shaheed[aaja bedardi balma],majboor[mein to reh gayi aaj akeli re] and padmini[aaja aaja o bidesi balma,mora piya nahin bas mein] and in my opinion,geetaji rendition is no way inferior to lataji.
the lata-ghulam haider combination has been over-hyped.apart from ''bedard tere dard ko'';all other products are quite ordinary [both from lataji's and ghulam haider's standard].

regards,
mahesh

Dear Mahesh,

It appears you are a bit offended by my comments. Believe me, I am as much an admirer of Geeta as of Lata, and regarded them as singers of equal calibre. Anyway, these are all matters of opinion ... If you have the other songs of 'Padmini', please u/l them, so that the 'Padmini' score can be completed.

Regards,

Hari
mahesh
no,hariji,
i am not at all offended.i was expressing my opinion about the over-hyped ghulam haider-lata pair.take away ''bedard ter dard ko'' and we are left with very ordinary songs of the duo.in my opinion ghulam haider's best pairing was with shamshad begum followed by noorjehan,geeta,surinder and then lata.
i have two more songs from padmini-1 solo each by geetaji and zohra..i am not allowed the geeta solo.i will try to ul the zohrabai song tioday.
regards,
mahesh

sbfan
thanks maheshji for info but kaneez seems to too late. i think shamshad sung after gap of 2/3 yrs for him in kaneez.. ummerji aap jante hain iska reason
Inaam
QUOTE(mahesh @ Feb 3 2007, 08:19 PM) *

hello friends,
here are all the songs from 1948 ghulam haider classic-majboor.lyrics are by nazim panipati
3]-dekho ji-2,mori bahiyan pakad ke chhod na dena-hamida bano,g m durrani-128kbps/3.34.

enjoy and respond,
mahesh

Many thanks, Mahesh Ji, for these wonderful uploads! I was looking for these songs since a long time. Its simply amazing. Hatts off!! bow.gif
Inaam

and finally-

ashish,

regards,
mahesh

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hari

Thanks a ton, Harishankar ji, for lovely tracks of Padmini. I already have ‘Bedad tere dard ko…’ but ‘Sapera been bajao ro..’ is new for me. I have ‘Bas mein karke be bas kargaey’ by Zohra from the same film, in good quality. Sharing with you all.

Bus mein karke be bas kargey
Film: Padmini
Year: 1948
Singer: Zohra Bai
MD: Master Ghulam Haider
Lyrics: ?
Mp3-96kbps
Click to view attachment
parag_sankla
QUOTE(mahesh @ Feb 4 2007, 01:13 PM) *

no,hariji,
i am not at all offended.i was expressing my opinion about the over-hyped ghulam haider-lata pair.take away ''bedard ter dard ko'' and we are left with very ordinary songs of the duo.in my opinion ghulam haider's best pairing was with shamshad begum followed by noorjehan,geeta,surinder and then lata.
i have two more songs from padmini-1 solo each by geetaji and zohra..i am not allowed the geeta solo.i will try to ul the zohrabai song tioday.
regards,
mahesh

Mahesh ji, what is the solo song of Geeta ji from the movie Padmini you are referring to ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Parag
joshi
Thanks Mahesh ji for this old & rare soundtrack...
vdsachin
Friends - who downloaded the album - can any one please re-upload the below song:

Dekho Ji Mori Baiyan Pakad Ke - Majboor 1948 - Hamida Bano-G M Durrani - Ghulam Haider - Nazim Panipati

Thank You smile.gif
smahesh
sachinji,
here is the song-3]-dekho ji-2,mori bahiyan pakad ke chhod na dena-hamida bano,g m durrani-128kbps/3.23.

enjoy,
mahesh

vdsachin
QUOTE(smahesh @ Nov 27 2008, 02:49 PM) *

sachinji,
here is the song-3]-dekho ji-2,mori bahiyan pakad ke chhod na dena-hamida bano,g m durrani-128kbps/3.23.

enjoy,
mahesh

Thnak You SO Much Mahesh Sahab bow.gif smile.gif
smahesh
QUOTE(mahesh @ Feb 3 2007, 08:19 PM) *

hello friends,

enjoy and respond,
mahesh

uploading rest of the album too.here are no.1 and 2.

regards,
mahesh
smahesh
next-

4]-daman hai chak chak..ab jee ke kya kare koi-lata-192kbps/3.20,
5]-ab darne ki koi baat nahin-lata,mukesh-192vbr/2.43.

enjoy,
mahesh

smahesh

and finally,

enjoy and respond,
mahesh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.