Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Keeps Asha Bhonsle Going?
Hamara Forums > Legends > Asha Bhonsle
harihar
Old generation always set examples for the new ones. And here setting a perfect example for the young generation of artistes is the veteran singing diva Asha Bhonsle of 74 years. The stars of today have got lots to learn for Ashaji. The young generation lack courtesy and are visibly tired about addressing the media. Actresses today get tired addressing the media before the release of their movies. They make appearances after much persuasion, deliberation and starry-tantrums. But Ashaji is very different from all of them. During her whirlwind tour to promote her new album she shocked all with her spirit and energy. She created a record of sorts by giving over a hundred individual interviews for television and print media. Not only this she addressed seven press conferences across the nation. Asha not only impresses with her golden voice but her limitless energy as well. We really wonder even at this age what keeps Asha Bhonsle going?

Courtesy MusicIndiaonline

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/top%20stories/2056/
august
harihar,

i came here to answer that question. tongue1.gif i thought 'you' wanted to know what keeps her going..

didn't know that she has so done so many interviews for 'asha and friends'.

she is so passionate about music and attached to the industry for many decades and people appreciate her songs... i think that keeps her going.

deewani
What keeps her going? Youthful exuberance, fun-loving. Ability to adapt with the times without disregarding the rich legacy of HFM. Passion for her work as August said. Also, a sense that she has to finish so much work before she's done (as she mentioned in concert) - in other words there's so many things she want's to accomplish yet. A woman who can be practical and glamorous all at the same time. smile.gif

"Music is like my breathing," she says. "The day it stops, my breath will stop too. There is so much to do and I'm afraid there is very little time left. I hope I can continue singing in my next birth."
- Ashaji

august
very true! smile1.gif

the fact that she has always kept up with the new trends and the youth.
i remember many youngsters discovered her through her songs in 90's like jaanam samajha karo and film songs from Rangeela.

she never allows her age or seniority to stop her from doing something she loves. be it new indipop genre or album videos. no other artist can do concerts and videos like cha cha cha the way she does.

at this age, she has enough willpower and ability to collaborate with Cronos and cut her own album with artists young enough to be her grandchildren.

bow.gif

deewani
Exactly August, why should age be a factor? More folks should adopt that attitude. She's an artist, and artists need to grow, and she knows just how to feed that hunger.
august
best thing about her is that she always tries her hand at new things.
ghazals, bhajans, indipop, remixes..

Asha- a brand new album , Ganesh-Vandana, Asha reveals real RD, asha and friends..

then there was some news about her singing songs composed by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.