Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brett Lee Records A Song With Asha
Hamara Forums > Legends > Asha Bhonsle
august

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

The speedster has just recorded a music album with Asha Bhosle and is looking forward to more Bollywood assignments.

Australian bowler Brett Lee may have declined a film with Amitabh Bachchan recently, but the 29-year-old second fastest bowler in the world is now singing a duet with music diva Asha Bhosle.

In the love song where a foreign boy woos an Indian girl, Lee strums the guitar and belts the number in English and Hindi. "Other than cricket, my passion is music. So when music director Shamir Tandon told me I'd be singing with a legend in India, I was glad," says Lee.

Whether playful love songs, funky pop or lusty cabaret numbers, in every genre Asha has matched her male counterparts with aplomb, but a cricketer?

"I have been an avid cricket fan, so naturally I know almost all of them. I knew Lee could sing and strum, so I wasn't apprehensive. He's young, good-looking, intelligent, polite and and most importantly—musical," she says.

Asha was evidently charmed by Lee. "Somebody teased him about singing a love song with a woman, so I promptly insisted Lee should show a picture of mine to his wife. He smiled, saying his wife would have no problem as he has been very honest with her," recalls Asha.

Lee insists Asha doesn't look her age (74), "She certainly doesn't look her age. She is so stylishly dressed, but more importantly, I was glad for an opportunity to sing with her."

Lee is a trained guitarist, but a self-taught singer, and performs with his band in Australia when he gets time off from cricket. He has been learning Hindi from Asha too. "I have taught him a bit. He wrote 'Lee' and 'Asha' in Hindi effortlessly,"she says. Lee adds, "I can say thandaa paani chahiye. Tum bahut achcha lag raha hai, etc."

Lee recorded the song in the gap of a week between the two matches in Chandigarh and Mohali before flying to Australia to be with his wife, who is due to deliver. "They know it's a boy, so he was wondering if 'Sachin' Lee will be a good name for his son, since Lee adores Sachin," says Asha.

Lee, who is adept at singing the Hindi film song Muqabala Muqabala, says he is open to other offers in Bollywood. "I couldn't do the film with Mr Bachchan, as I couldn't devote the required 50 days, but if it doesn't hamper my cricket, I would love to." Asha gifted him a collection of her music as a parting gift.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/City_Supplements/Kanpur_Times/Brett_Lee_sings_a_love_song_for_Asha/articleshow/460996.cms

please upload the photo of Brett Lee with Asha (Times edition probably has it. i couldnt find it)
Priya
ohmy.gif Cool!!!!! Wow!!!!! Amazing!!!!!! clap2.gif

No pic Augz. sad1.gif
Nimii
Lee is a trained guitarist, but a self-taught singer, and performs with his band in Australia

Small mercies indeed! wacko.gif Atleast he will be in sur with Asha ji! Thanks for the article August. No mention of the name of the movie huh! huh.gif
NATURE
augie, are u doing research on mangeshkar khandan ? biggrin.gif
u seem to know everything about them. good man, keep informing us.

QUOTE(august @ Nov 17 2006, 08:16 AM) *

Lee is a trained guitarist, but a self-taught singer, and performs with his band in Australia

i like this part and so appreciate it. clap1.gif just like i appreciate palas sen, the brand name of
euphoria. he is a doctor by profession.

QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 17 2006, 03:14 PM) *

Small mercies indeed! wacko.gif Atleast he will be in sur with Asha ji! Thanks for the article August.
No mention of the name of the movie huh! huh.gif

kaun asha ji ke sur mein nahi rehtaa nimmi ji ? who ? laugh.gif

kya aisaa nahi ho saktaa ki jo bhi asha ji ke saath gaana gaane jaaye sab bhoolke vo unko hi dekhtaa rahe
after all an angel is singing. i think i will forget everything ... jump.gif
Mandrake
after all an angel is singing

When did Ashaji subscribe to HF? blink.gif confused.gif ohmy.gif
august
Priya[/b]' date='Nov 17 2006, 01:55 PM' post='307184'] ohmy.gif Cool!!!!! Wow!!!!! Amazing!!!!!! clap2.gif

No pic Augz. sad1.gif

will check again for pics or better scan the one in Pune Times and put here.

i got times in morning and this news made me smile.. smile.gif

Nimii[/b]' date='Nov 17 2006, 02:14 PM' post='307186']

Small mercies indeed! wacko.gif Atleast he will be in sur with Asha ji! Thanks for the article August. No mention of the name of the movie huh! huh.gif

nimmi,
the song is recorded for the album 'asha and friends'.
first Sanjay Dutt, then Urmila Matondkar and now Brett Lee.

looks like asha has got friends outside fillum indastri. biggrin.gif
august
QUOTE(NATURE @ Nov 17 2006, 03:56 PM) *
augie, are u doing research on mangeshkar khandan ? biggrin.gif
u seem to know everything about them. good man, keep informing us.

waise Lata Mangeshkar ke career pe research karne ka iraada hain mera.. smile1.gif

lekin Priya ne izaazat dee to Asha ko bhi include karenge.. biggrin.gif

anyways, that research would be hard without Priya's help. laugh.gif

Priya,
here are the photos from Pune Times

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Priya
I still have not got to see the Sanjay video except for the slightest jhalak, but saw the Brett Lee one on MTV today. While the lyrics are nothing special and seem to be designed to be casual and impromptu, the video is great, Asha looks lovely, the singing is fun and lively and the chemistry of the 2 stars is wonderful too. Really fun and enjoyable.
august
priya,

did you get that interview video link? unsure.gif
i remember posting it in garam chai.

harihar
Tracks on album

Click to view attachment

1 Aapke Dil Mein Asha & Sanjay Lyrics Vijay Akela
2 Haan Main Tumhara Hoon Asha & Brett Lyrics Brett & Samir Tandon
3 Mehbooba Dilruba Asha & Urmila Lyrics Vijay Akela
4 Zamane Mein Aaye Deewane Naye Asha & Zee Lil Champs Lyrics Ajay Jhingran
5 Haan Main Tumhara Hoon Asha & Brett Lyrics Brett & Samir Tandon (Big Snare Mix by Anirban)
august
thanks Harihar! smile1.gif

where can i listen to these songs online? my usual music shop doesn't have this album yet. sad1.gif
august
Asha and Friends

Click to view attachment

is there any need to mention the source? biggrin.gif

Nimii
QUOTE(august @ Dec 28 2006, 01:30 AM) *
thanks Harihar! smile1.gif

where can i listen to these songs online? my usual music shop doesn't have this album yet. sad1.gif

Songs online hmmm.....IPB Image I will see if I can get a link, but I do have the album here with me wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif ! I liked this album when compared to her Mangal Murthi one wub.gif New album so cant share it wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif Sorry boss.

August - here is the link that can be of some help for you - I haven't tested the link though! Asha & Friends
august
smile1.gif nimmi!

will try that link. smile.gif
poonam
Thanks for the article August biggrin.gif

And great to know that you will be doing a research on Lataji's career cool.gif .But why do you need Priya's permission for doing research on Ashaji unsure.gif Is Priya working in the copyright department ohmy.gif
Priya
Since when did help translate into permission ? unsure.gif

Auggie, what interview link? I think I missed it. sad1.gif
poonam
QUOTE(august @ Nov 17 2006, 04:46 PM) *

waise Lata Mangeshkar ke career pe research karne ka iraada hain mera.. smile1.gif

lekin Priya ne izaazat dee to Asha ko bhi include karenge.. biggrin.gif

Izaazat means permission,isnt it Priya rolleyes.gif

Thats why i was wondering if you are some copyright person laugh.gif

Anyway you did not miss anything because here is the link which August gave biggrin.gif

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/28633/brett-...-with-asha.html
august
QUOTE(Priya @ Dec 29 2006, 12:00 AM) *
Since when did help translate into permission ? unsure.gif

Auggie, what interview link? I think I missed it. sad1.gif

priya,
i mentioned izaazat because i thought you wanted to do a research on her too. (maybe you should smile1.gif )

and if i ever decide to research, i would need your help. smile.gif copyrights to koi bhi de sakta hain.. help to
tumhise milegi. rolleyes.gif
( in return, i offer my help in research on LM biggrin.gif )

QUOTE(poonam @ Dec 29 2006, 12:44 AM) *

Anyway you did not miss anything because here is the link which August gave biggrin.gif
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/28633/brett-...-with-asha.html

thanks Poonam! smile1.gif
Priya
Aila!!!!! I guess I missed some mssgs and a lot of fun out here. wink2.gif

Auggie, hum kya research karenge, hum to bas pooja karte hain. sorry.gif
Haan if I ever become a millionaire I will clean all her wonderful lost songs and release cds. smile1.gif

Lataji par research.....must I? Is it imperative? bad-news.gif rollf.gif
Waise hf par kaafi ho raha hai. Thanks to radio have discovered a lot of her songs that I really like.

Let us do a combined biography. Parallel lives kinda thing. What say? biggrin.gif
august
millionaire jump.gif

you are on! smile1.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.