Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Helppppp
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
IDOL
Hellooooo,

Having hard time to print B&W.........i've got a colour printer......., but i need to print in B&W . to save ink tongue1.gif........so pleej pleej , tell me how to get rid of colour?

thanks huh.gif

Marcilo
If it’s a document then change font color to black, or another thing to do would be while printing you can select option of grayscale, that is dependent on printer though
If you have a picture then either change picture to B&W or change printer setting tongue1.gif
Pradeep
The option should be available in the printer properties. What is the material format? a graphic, document, ppt ? If it is a graphic you could saturate it in photoshop and print.
Nimii
Well if you have a HP printer it does not help. It has no such option. The only alternative left change your document to b/w color.
sbiswas2005
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Nov 3 2006, 09:33 AM) *

The option should be available in the printer properties. What is the material format? a graphic, document, ppt ? If it is a graphic you could saturate it in photoshop and print.

If u desaturate in Photoshop, the picture will be b/w. But when you will print the printer will print that b/w image by combination of 4 colours. So unless u set the printer properties to Grayscale/Only black cartridge it will not print exact b/w image...

Subir
AzgarKhan
Oh come on .. every printer has PROPERTIES where you can set the size, landscape/potrait, BW/ Color, Clarity etc etc ..

Go there and do it .. U dont need to change the original document/image.
Nimii
Not on my wretched one angry.gif I hate HP :kick:
khud dekhlo - there is nothing in the basics tab too. bas landscape/etc.. but no change for b/w to color vice versa.
Click to view attachment
Marcilo
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 3 2006, 01:24 AM) *

Not on my wretched one angry.gif I hate HP :kick:
khud dekhlo - there is nothing in the basics tab too. bas landscape/etc.. but no change for b/w to color vice versa.
Click to view attachment

What about the basics tab? don't you have it there too? That is really strange, when did you buy this?

Is this beta version of printer? laugh.gif laugh.gif
deewani
You are correct Nimii, people who have newer HP printers like us, will not have the greyscale option anymore - HPs wonderful way of getting us to consume our color ink more. angry.gif

Those that have older HP printers, will still have that option in their software. So, no, not everyone can do this.

<--- not HP lover

IDOL, if you post the exact make and model of your printer, someone here can look at the manual online and determine if it works for you or not, good luck. Otherwise Subir's method makes sense.

IDOL
..........ayooooo.........i know how to change it to B & W if i am using Ms. Word............BUT........... what about internet sad.gif .....the other day i was printing some thing from msn ,it all came in colour................ sad.gif .......when i clicked on PRINT....it did not ask more options mad.gif ...and printed the whole thing right away ....and those stupid advertisings as well sad.gif ...

...still...HELP sad.gif

deewani
You need to post your make and model number so we can help you further, that way I can probably access the manual and see what's going on. Often if you click print on the browser button, that is what will happen unless you use print preview options/page setup options first before printing.
Pradeep
QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Nov 3 2006, 09:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Nov 3 2006, 09:33 AM) *

If u desaturate in Photoshop, the picture will be b/w. But when you will print the printer will print that b/w image by combination of 4 colours. So unless u set the printer properties to Grayscale/Only black cartridge it will not print exact b/w image...

Subir

Thanks Subir. I don't have a printer at home so don't know about the technicalities.
IDOL
QUOTE(deewani @ Nov 6 2006, 07:40 PM) *
You need to post your make and model number so we can help you further, that way I can probably access the manual and see what's going on. Often if you click print on the browser button, that is what will happen unless you use print preview options/page setup options first before printing.

aha........i like it.................it is :

EPSON STYLUS CX3810

DUBRA BRITE ULTRA

looking forward to ? sad.gif

deewani
Sorry, yours is like mine and I guess Nimii's all in ones - does not have the grey scale option, your best bet is to convert in an image program, or set printer to use draft setting to consume less ink, but that will still give you color.

From buy.com reviews from this printer:
There is no capability to print in just grey scale without converting the picture first

Your printer manual has conveniently left this info out, as did mine.

You can always use print preview to check how it's gonna look too for the net.

If you want the default setting of the printer to be to print the fast draft - meaning the fastest, less ink intensive, print setting, then go to control panel, find the printers, right click on your printer name, select printer preferences, you should see options on one of those tabs, and a box or button that says default setting, so when you print from the web it will give you a decent copy rather than a photo quality printout, that's pretty much all you can do with printing stuff from the web if it's not b&w already, or screen shot and save as image and then do like Subir says, sorry, I guess HP is not alone in doing this to their customers.
Nimii
QUOTE(Marcilo @ Nov 4 2006, 04:08 AM) *

What about the basics tab? don't you have it there too? That is really strange, when did you buy this?

Is this beta version of printer? laugh.gif laugh.gif

fight.gif Marcie mad.gif Bought last year man! I am so mad coz the printer's company has a smart idea. They sell their printers at a very very low price and they make their packet on the overheads spank.gif Grrrrrrrrrr 1200 bucks for a color catridge and 800 bucks for b/w.

angry2.gif Must learn from them how to loot consumers!
deewani
Yeah, lol I bought mine for 29 bucks an all in one, lol, no wonder it sucks, it was originally 119, but yeah ink is always more. It's actually not bad, bought this one to scan, and also b/c it makes copies at home fast w/o scanning. But I still don't consider it a "real" scanner, haha, I rather consider it a toy. I barely use it so I can't really complain but the lack of greyscale does annoy.
Marcilo
Grrrrrrrrrr 1200 bucks for a color catridge and 800 bucks for b/w.

Kaya re tu bhi.... Bindass chalpark ink dalne ka. laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.