Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ritu Hiwra
Hamara Forums > Legends > Asha Bhonsle
bigger_than_bollywood

I have only one song from the album-- Ghan rani (a great track). Can someone ul the others? Who composed the album and when?

Thanks in advance.
august
entire album is superb!!!

the track "ghan raani" has lyrics by late Shanta Shelke.
(she was a popular and very talented marathi author, who wrote novels, poems, short stories.
she was a very dear friend of mangeshkars. )

the tracks and lyricists

1) ritu hirwa (shanta shelke)
2) jhinijhini waaje bin (ba.bh borkar)
3) phulale re kshan (nitin aakhwe)
4) jay sharde wageshwari (shanta shelke)
5) ghan rani (shanta shelke)
6) majhiya manaa ( saumitr)
7) bhogale je dukh (sresh bhat)
8) sanj ye gokuli ( sudhir moghe)

the music was by Shridhar Phadke in early 90's. its on Venus Records.
(Shridhar is only son of eminent marathi and hindi music director- singer late Sudhir Phadke. Sudhir Phadke composed many marathi songs for asha bhosle. most of her famous marathi film songs by him. He also composed songs for film "Bhabhi ki Chudiyan". remember jyoti kalash chhalake?)

unfortunately i cannot upload the album. sorry.gif

i am on dial-up and the album is post-87. sigh.gif
bigger_than_bollywood

Thanks for the background, August. What label issued the album? Is it available online somewhere? I havent been able to find it in any of the big US stores.
august
QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Oct 29 2006, 05:55 AM) *

Thanks for the background, August. What label issued the album? Is it available online somewhere? I havent been able to find it in any of the big US stores.

its on Venus label.

couldn't find it online.. sigh.gif
visuja
Hi BTB and August,

I can find Ritu Hirwa for now.... have to dig in to find the others..... and since we are allowed to upload post-87 songs, I take the liberty for this regional number smile.gif

Click to view attachment

I apologize for the low quality file -- probably below the new standards set in the guidelines.

I shall delete mine if someone can upload a better quality version.

Regards,
Vivek

bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(visuja @ Oct 29 2006, 04:50 PM) *

Hi BTB and August,

I can find Ritu Hirwa for now.... have to dig in to find the others..... and since we are allowed to upload post-87 songs, I take the liberty for this regional number smile.gif

Click to view attachment

I apologize for the low quality file -- probably below the new standards set in the guidelines.

I shall delete mine if someone can upload a better quality version.

Regards,
Vivek

Thanks a lot for the upload, Vivek. A great song! Looking forward to the other tracks from this album. (Where's Priya when you need her? rolleyes.gif )
Priya
I have the whole album. I have found in the past that ppl are not very interested in regional language dls.
Can ul if U guys all want the album.
august
QUOTE(Priya @ Oct 30 2006, 04:34 PM) *
I have the whole album. I have found in the past that ppl are not very interested in regional language dls.

sigh.gif

mujhe bhi pataa hain ragional ko kuchh response nahin milta..

i have the album.. cd- ripped @128 lekin u/l karna mushkil hain..

priya, i bought audio cd of Fashion/Hill Station (1957 movies) today.
good songs by sisters and Geeta, Hemant.. smile.gif
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(Priya @ Oct 30 2006, 03:04 AM) *

I cant speak for ppl but I for one am interested. Ritu Hirwa has great music and is not easily available as an album. In my mind that makes it an excellent candidate for upload on the forum.
Priya
I take it U (BB) want the album. Theek hai, Aapki Asha thread par ul karti hoon. I always take more time when tracks are on cd and not the hard disk so bear with me.

Auggie, Fashion has one AB song I think na? Unni uled one long back. Never heard of Hill Station. Asha wale songs ul karo pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
august
QUOTE(Priya @ Oct 30 2006, 11:47 PM) *
I take it U (BB) want the album. Theek hai, Aapki Asha thread par ul karti hoon. I always take more time when tracks are on cd and not the hard disk so bear with me.

Auggie, Fashion has one AB song I think na? Unni uled one long back. Never heard of Hill Station. Asha wale songs ul karo pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

fashion mein ek gana gaya hain AB ne "naya naya fashion". smile.gif
lekin 1957 ka fashion ab purana ho gaya hoga.. biggrin.gif

hill station mein AB ka koi gana nahin.. sad.gif
Priya
I have naya naya fashion.
Hill Station mein AB ka gaana nahin hai to kyun zikr kiya? Bekar mein I started dreaming of new unheard songs. cry.gif

Friends, have uled 2 Ritu Hirwa numbers at my Aapki Asha thread. smile1.gif
Paresh Pai
QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Oct 29 2006, 04:09 AM) *

I have only one song from the album-- Ghan rani (a great track). Can someone ul the others? Who composed the album and when?

Thanks in advance.

I just heard a contestant in Saregama(Marathi) sing that beautiful track. Can you please upload the original "Ghan rani" from Ritu Hirwa ? If anyone is interested I shall rip and upload the one from Saregama.

Many thanks in advance.

Paresh
bigger_than_bollywood
QUOTE(Paresh Pai @ Nov 1 2006, 08:39 PM) *

Thanks in advance.

I just heard a contestant in Saregama(Marathi) sing that beautiful track. Can you please upload the original "Ghan rani" from Ritu Hirwa ? If anyone is interested I shall rip and upload the one from Saregama.

Many thanks in advance.

Paresh

Here is the song. There is a marathi saregama? Id like to hear the contestant's version.
august
QUOTE(bigger_than_bollywood @ Nov 3 2006, 03:59 AM) *

Here is the song. There is a marathi saregama? Id like to hear the contestant's version.

paresh, are you talking about Zee tv show?

these days Saregama is anchored by actress Pallavi Joshi.
she does really great job!

http://www.zeemarathi.com/Ganeshotsav.aspx?zsid=47

Paresh Pai

Thanks in advance.

Many thanks in advance.

Paresh

Thank you very much indeed! I am currently in my office. I will certainly upload the Saregama version today in the evening. Augustji, I am talking about the Zee Marathi Saregama show anchored beautifully by Pallavi Joshi. The contestants and judges on this show are very good. Asha Khadilkar, Sanjeev Abhyankar, Yeshwant Dev to name a few guest judges. The permanent judges are Devaki Pandit and Avdhoot Gupte.Most of the contestants are classically trained and the overall quality of music is very high. If anyone is interested, I will rip a few good songs and upload.

Thanks once again for the song bigger_than_bollywoodji (sounds funny when you don't know the real name).

Paresh.
august
i saw the episodes where Asha Khadilkar was the guest judge. she is a very good singer.. smile1.gif

i don't particularly like Avdhoot though. one reason could be becuase i didn't like his albums.
Devaki Pandit sings well and some of the title songs sung by her are just too good.

btw, you could also call BGB as Manoneet. smile.gif
Paresh Pai
QUOTE(august @ Nov 3 2006, 09:39 PM) *

i saw the episodes where Asha Khadilkar was the guest judge. she is a very good singer.. smile1.gif

i don't particularly like Avdhoot though. one reason could be becuase i didn't like his albums.
Devaki Pandit sings well and some of the title songs sung by her are just too good.

btw, you could also call BGB as Manoneet. smile.gif

I agree Avdhoot's albums are not so impressive but he is a good singer. Last week they opened the episode with his song in which he sounded good. I think most of these talents of today do what the public wants, IOW it has become business oriented.
Thanks for giving the real name of BGB . Manoneet sounds very good. So Manoneetji, here is the Saregama version of Ghanarani sung by Vrinda Kuber.

Paresh.
Paresh Pai
Just wanted to add that Ashaji has sung that song at a higher pitch and shown amazing control over her voice in a number of places . Truly versatile, today's singers of Saregama have much to learn from her.
bigger_than_bollywood
Paresh,

Thanks for the upload. The contestant puts in a good effort, lekin Asha ki baat aur hai. biggrin.gif I dont know how they do it. Both Asha and Lata bring such a distinguished touch to their music, the voices sound like finely tuned instruments in perfect harmony with the rest of the orchestra. With most other singers, the voice sticks out as a standalone entity.

BTW, as August pointed out, this album was released in 1990s. To ab socho ke agar yeh 60s-80s mein aayi hoti to kya performance hoti. By the 90s both singers started to show signs of aging. Before that their voices are like textbooks for other musicians.

O, enough about that. Now where are the other tracks of Ritu Hirwa? blink.gif

-Manoneet (no jis please)
Paresh Pai
Here is Avdhoot Gupte doing "Tula Pahto mi". I feel this guy should not be judged from his Albums.
IPB Image
Pallavi Joshi watches with admiration
IPB Image

Paresh
Mee marathi
QUOTE(Paresh Pai @ Nov 3 2006, 12:19 PM) *

Thanks in advance.

Many thanks in advance.

Paresh

Thank you very much indeed! I am currently in my office. I will certainly upload the Saregama version today in the evening. Augustji, I am talking about the Zee Marathi Saregama show anchored beautifully by Pallavi Joshi. The contestants and judges on this show are very good. Asha Khadilkar, Sanjeev Abhyankar, Yeshwant Dev to name a few guest judges. The permanent judges are Devaki Pandit and Avdhoot Gupte.Most of the contestants are classically trained and the overall quality of music is very high. If anyone is interested, I will rip a few good songs and upload.

Thanks once again for the song bigger_than_bollywoodji (sounds funny when you don't know the real name).

Paresh.

Please please dost.........i want all saregamapa .....i cant enjoy here as i dont have zee marathi here.
swap
fulale re kshan maaze
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.