Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Breathless And Tough Songs
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2
bawlachintu
Emphasis on the songs sung breathlessly by our legends

Talat saheb was pioneer in this kind of singing posing a challenge
to orchestra singers always. Anil Biswas is involved in number of compositions
testing the breath control and capacity of lungs to hold, of singers.

Example in Brahmachari:Dil ke jharokhe mein tujhko bitha kar-by Rafi Saheb
kal tere jalwe paraye bhi honge..........

Lataji, Rafi saheb, Manna Dey,SP Bala and Shanker Mahadevan are few exponents of breathless singing. Let us explore this aspect of playback singing.
Nimii
So many are there to be added.

Shankar Mahadevan's album breathless - title song is one such example. Kishore Kumar's in do aur do paanch song. There is a Rafi sahab song, which I dont seem to place. Kavita Krishnamoorthy in Sur.

N
Dhananjay
QUOTE(Nimii @ Sep 4 2006, 08:58 PM) *

Kavita Krishnamoorthy in Sur.

Nimii ji,
A slight correction huh.gif .... Sur doesn't have any songs by Kavita K. If you are alluding to "Dil mein jaagi dhadkan aise", it was sung by Sunidhi Chauhan (Happens to be one of my favourites )

-Dhananjay
bawlachintu
Sunidhi Chauhan is a capable and promising singer.
Mandrake
Perhaps I may sound off-key here, but I wouldn't rate Mahadevan's Breathless among the lot mentioned above, as it was a 'technically achieved' breathlessness...
Nimii
QUOTE(Nimii @ Sep 4 2006, 07:58 PM) *
So many are there to be added.

Shankar Mahadevan's album breathless - title song is one such example. Kishore Kumar's in do aur do paanch song. There is a Rafi sahab song, which I dont seem to place. Kavita Krishnamoorthy in Sur.

N

WHAT!?!?!?!? SUNIDHI CHAUHAN ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif She went that high pitch O MY GOD!

wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

Yes SC is my fav singer too. But I heard her once singing on stage and she couldnt handle it well wacko.gif I could hear her breathing heavily between the song! Churaliya tumne jo dil ko - was the song she sang huh.gif
Nimii
QUOTE(Mandrake @ Sep 4 2006, 10:02 PM) *
Perhaps I may sound off-key here, but I wouldn't rate Mahadevan's Breathless among the lot mentioned above, as it was a 'technically achieved' breathlessness...

How do you know Mandrake wink.gif ? Recording ke waqt aap the kya ohmy.gif
Nimii
One more I can add to this is Ali zabara from Love in Shimla (Rafi sahab and Asha Bhosle).

N
dmuk20

Mandrake,

I also think so..

Rgds,
Debu.
dmuk20
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Sep 1 2006, 12:34 PM) *

Emphasis on the songs sung breathlessly by our legends

Talat saheb was pioneer in this kind of singing posing a challenge
to orchestra singers always. Anil Biswas is involved in number of compositions
testing the breath control and capacity of lungs to hold, of singers.

Example in Brahmachari:Dil ke jharokhe mein tujhko bitha kar-by Rafi Saheb
kal tere jalwe paraye bhi honge..........

Lataji, Rafi saheb, Manna Dey,SP Bala and Shanker Mahadevan are few exponents of breathless singing. Let us explore this aspect of playback singing.

Chintu-ji,

I can't place "kal tere jalwe paraye bhi honge" in breathless Category. There are many gaps to take breaths in this song. "Do Aur Do Panch" or "Sur" is far more superior (IMO) in this category.

Rgds,
Debu.
bawlachintu
True.

I have also heard something about Shanker Mahadevan's
breathless.

Ek jagah Anoop Jalota ne bhajan mein Heere-mottttttttttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..... gaya hai, wo pur breathless hai.

Debu,

Thoda discount karte hue Kal tere jalwe paraye honge ko include kar lete hain.
suhana_safar
Rafisaab is umatched in breathless singing and that too in many songcategories. Dil ke Jharoke mein is a milestone. Yeh Diwane ki Zid from Laila Majnu is another unmatched song. Singing fast songs with small wavelengths is a piece of cake for most good singers. However to sing a song of the range of Dil Ke Jharoke and Yeh Dewae Ki Zid with varaible range and complex lyrics is the hallmark of the Emperor, Rafi. Another one is the qawali fom Amar Akbar Anthony.

Breathless songs need not be fast songs only. Breath control is essential for just all types of songs and in my opinion, slow songs like Tumse Kahoon Ek Baat (by Rafisaab) and Mere Duniya Mein Tum by lata and Rafisaab are examples of milestone songs that IMO only truly class singers can sing. Also songs Like Mere Mehboob Tujhe that have to be sung in a poetic style also require true class for sining without a single spec of breath. Rafisaab excels in breath conrol, Lata is another singer in this category.

When Rafisaab sang Dil Ke Jharoke mein from film Brahmachari his range and pitch went where no singer would ever dare to go. The song was initially composed to be sung at a single range however the song required to express the feelings of a broken heart hero in the film and Rafisaab with SJ decided to have it done with multiple range which would require Rafisaab to sing literally with very little breathing.

The song was recorded and Rafisaab reached twice the range as originally decided. He sang the first verse at a low pitch and then took the same at 4 different range levels, a feat that is impossible to achieve unless the singer breathes heavily. Hear the song in the cleanest version and I bet you cant hear a spec of breath.

All in the recording room became cold and the news spread about the song. Many well wishes including singers and MD''s were upset when they heard the song and called Rafisaab and asked him to promise that he would not never attempt any think like this in future as it could have harmed his health.

People who have good knowledge of playback singing can tell you why this song is impossible to sing the way Rafisaab did but they will also tell you that only Rafisaab could do it.
YaarMere
QUOTE(dmuk20 @ Sep 5 2006, 12:54 PM) *

I can't place "kal tere jalwe paraye bhi honge" in breathless Category. There are many gaps to take breaths in this song.
Rgds,
Debu.

DO BHAI: Jeena hai tera ban kar.

JAB JAB PHOOL KHILE: Affoo Khuda.
dmuk20
"Thoda discount karte hue Kal tere jalwe paraye honge ko include kar lete hain"

Chalo !!!! Discount se hi sahi.................heeeee heeeee

Rgds,
Debu
suhana_safar
Arey bhai soch samaj kar bolo warna kahan khud kahin discount na banjao.
dmuk20
Please dont get so restless dear....I didn't have Rafi saab in my mind...I only thought about the song...Just try out the both & u will understand
suhana_safar
QUOTE(dmuk20 @ Sep 5 2006, 06:24 PM) *

Please dont get so restless dear....I didn't have Rafi saab in my mind...I only thought about the song...Just try out the both & u will understand

I was not thinking of that anyway so bhai restless na hum hein na aap. I thought this is a matured topic but when I saw jokes being hurled around, humne bhi ek joke bol diya.

Arey bhai sab I do understand , u listen caraefully to Dil Ke Jharoke mein and then you will understand too.
dmuk20
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Sep 5 2006, 06:34 PM) *

QUOTE(dmuk20 @ Sep 5 2006, 06:24 PM) *

I was not thinking of that anyway so bhai restless na hum hein na aap. I thought this is a matured topic but when I saw jokes being hurled around, humne bhi ek joke bol diya.

Arey bhai sab I do understand , u listen caraefully to Dil Ke Jharoke mein and then you will understand too.

You are taking it in other way........so better stop it here
suhana_safar
QUOTE(dmuk20 @ Sep 5 2006, 06:45 PM) *

[
You are taking it in other way........so better stop it here

What way? hehhehehe

Chodo bhi ...discount ke baaton mein kyun waqt khota karna.

No hard feelings....
bawlachintu
QUOTE(dmuk20 @ Sep 5 2006, 05:52 PM) *

"Thoda discount karte hue Kal tere jalwe paraye honge ko include kar lete hain"

Chalo !!!! Discount se hi sahi.................heeeee heeeee

Rgds,
Debu

Thanks Debu. Infact very few songs fall under the category of breathless.
There is a limit of lungs to hold the air.

Our criteria is :Tough to sing songs, which strain vocal chords as well as lungs.

Let your 2 cents come in. We need your valuable views. rolleyes.gif
bawlachintu
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Sep 5 2006, 05:56 PM) *

Arey bhai soch samaj kar bolo warna kahan khud kahin discount na banjao.

spank.gif

Ae darane ka nai, kya bhidu cool.gif
Debu da is an old and knowledgeable music fan.

spank.gif>>> to me too for creating a misleading title of thread headbang.gif

Discount word main istemal kiya tha apni post mein. rolleyes.gif
Few Film songs fall under the category of pure breathless due to the
nature of compositions. Breathless is a phenomena find in classical singing
often. IMHO< there is no need for playback singers to sing pure breathless
songs. Socho, hero heroine behosh hoke gir padenge na unsure.gif

I would like to change the title of topic to Brathless and Tough compositions.
Ab theek rahega.
bawlachintu
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Sep 5 2006, 05:04 PM) *

Rafisaab is umatched in breathless singing and that too in many songcategories. Dil ke Jharoke mein is a milestone. Yeh Diwane ki Zid from Laila Majnu is another unmatched song. Singing fast songs with small wavelengths is a piece of cake for most good singers. However to sing a song of the range of Dil Ke Jharoke and Yeh Dewae Ki Zid with varaible range and complex lyrics is the hallmark of the Emperor, Rafi. Another one is the qawali fom Amar Akbar Anthony.

Breathless songs need not be fast songs only. Breath control is essential for just all types of songs and in my opinion, slow songs like Tumse Kahoon Ek Baat (by Rafisaab) and Mere Duniya Mein Tum by lata and Rafisaab are examples of milestone songs that IMO only truly class singers can sing. Also songs Like Mere Mehboob Tujhe that have to be sung in a poetic style also require true class for sining without a single spec of breath. Rafisaab excels in breath conrol, Lata is another singer in this category.

When Rafisaab sang Dil Ke Jharoke mein from film Brahmachari his range and pitch went where no singer would ever dare to go. The song was initially composed to be sung at a single range however the song required to express the feelings of a broken heart hero in the film and Rafisaab with SJ decided to have it done with multiple range which would require Rafisaab to sing literally with very little breathing.

The song was recorded and Rafisaab reached twice the range as originally decided. He sang the first verse at a low pitch and then took the same at 4 different range levels, a feat that is impossible to achieve unless the singer breathes heavily. Hear the song in the cleanest version and I bet you cant hear a spec of breath.

All in the recording room became cold and the news spread about the song. Many well wishes including singers and MD''s were upset when they heard the song and called Rafisaab and asked him to promise that he would not never attempt any think like this in future as it could have harmed his health.
People who have good knowledge of playback singing can tell you why this song is impossible to sing the way Rafisaab did but they will also tell you that only Rafisaab could do it.

It was dedication and determination of the great singer which made it possible. wub.gif

Good opinion and wonderful insight suhana. Kindly shed some light on breathless numbers of Talat Saheb.

bc
bawlachintu
QUOTE(YaarMere @ Sep 5 2006, 05:46 PM) *

QUOTE(dmuk20 @ Sep 5 2006, 12:54 PM) *

I can't place "kal tere jalwe paraye bhi honge" in breathless Category. There are many gaps to take breaths in this song.
Rgds,
Debu.

DO BHAI: Jeena hai tera ban kar.

JAB JAB PHOOL KHILE: Affoo Khuda.

Thanks YaarMere for reminding me of Afooo khuda. I loved the way Salman Khan acted on
it in Sajan(new film) wink2.gif
Marcilo
Our criteria is :Tough to sing songs, which strain vocal chords as well as lungs

BC… har gana mushkil hi hota hai.. bling… bling blink.gif blink.gif . Are you talking about controlled breath? Or straining vocal cords?
Marcilo
If in case you are talking about controlled breath? Check out…. breathe in with ...sheeshe ki umer payar ki… and then …….breathe out with toota jo dil kisi ka hairet ki baat kaya from Prem Pratigya

Nimii
Ok back to discussion now that the title is clear.

Our legends have sung many esp in those days with no technology to help, unlike in the case of the SM album that Mandrake pointed that could have been an engineered product. We need to look into those songs!
Nimii
Thanks Marci for the addons!
Marcilo
Or in case you need short bursts… how about Dheere dheere dal na jayee rat zara yeh...… dheere dheere… with Asha B.. . I forgot name of the movie

Another one that comes to my mind… Dilip kumar starrer.. Ram Chandra kah gayee siyee se.. aaisa kalyug aaye ga….. "Taan" with ojee re….
bawlachintu
QUOTE(Marcilo @ Sep 5 2006, 08:50 PM) *

Or in case you need short bursts… how about Dheere dheere dal na jayee rat zara yeh...… dheere dheere… with Asha B.. . I forgot name of the movie

Another one that comes to my mind… Dilip kumar starrer.. Ram Chandra kah gayee siyee se.. aaisa kalyug aaye ga….. "Taan" with ojee re….

A little bit, yes.....no...... egjhactly.........wub.gif
Similar songs.

Mera pyar wo hai-Mahendra Kapoor
is another straining song.
cYb0rG
Lower scale is also equally tough as higher scales.. one song that I remember now is.. Aap Ke Paas Jo Aayega Pighaljaayega by Mahendra Kapoor.

The end lines of Apni Aazadi Ko Ham Hargiz Mita Sakte Nahin may bring this song into this topic.
Marcilo
Chintu babu.. fir yo chale ga ke? yo gaane me ghani saans hai

Julie - Dil Kya Kare Jab Kisi Ko.. Kisi se payar ho jayee....

eek aur

Kitne Atal The Tere Irade.. tuuu Aaron ki kayoon hao gayee..... (Ek Baar Muskura Do)
RafiKiAwaaz
Talking of Mahendra Kapoor, his song " Na Muuh Chupaa Key Jiyo" what a range.
RKA
Marcilo
Pardon my ignorance but where does he get breathless in this number?
RafiKiAwaaz
QUOTE(Marcilo @ Sep 5 2006, 08:58 AM) *

Pardon my ignorance but where does he get breathless in this number?

Emphasis on breathlessly, he does not get breathlessly when he sings that high range.
RKA
suhana_safar
[quote name='bawlachintu' date='Sep 5 2006, 07:25 PM' post='284934']
[quote name='suhana_safar' post='284899' date='Sep 5 2006, 05:04 PM']
wonderful insight suhana. Kindly shed some light on breathless numbers of Talat Saheb.

bc
[/quote]

BC Bhai

Thanks for understanding. Yes Mandrake is right. Today most songs are edited and hence are artificial. During the good old days, what you heard is what you got. True class.

Let alone the technolgy, even the recording rooms were not adequaltely sound proofed and singers had to sing songs in one go. Imagine someone like Rafisaab who has sung so many songs and that too with complete perfection without any technology. Talat, Mukkesh, Noorjehan, Lata and the Ustaad of all KL Saigal...what can one say about these gems too.

A song is not only about singing but its about playback singing. If it was only about singing, IMO all singers were equally good and even singers of today are good singers. However playback singing is a different ball game all together and hence songs like 'Dil Ke Jhaoke Mein' are milestones and singers like Rafisaab have become legends of legends.

Speaking of Talat Saab, he is a pioneer in low scale singing which is by no means easy. Infact according to experts it is relatively easier to sing at a high scale than at a low one. Mind you Rafisaab had this rare quality where in excelled in all types of range and scAles and had this unique ability to maintain the melody of the song even when sung at a high scale. Mahendra Kapoor has sung many songs at a high scale but they are relatively lower in melody which is normal when singing at that scale. Hence the unique ability of Rafisaab and also Noorjehan who was also eaceptional in singing melodios songs at a high scale.

Coming back to Talat saab his songs like: Ana he Padgega, Andhe Jahan ke, Mian Dil Hoon Ek Aman Bhara, Mauzandara are all class songs that demontsrate his great skill in singing in a very controlled scales.

Hemant dada is a singer of a similar class and his singing tempo is very close to that of Talat Saab. Mana dada excles in complex classiical compositios and his voice control is impeccable in these types of songs.

Lata ji, IMO sings better in lower to medium scales not that her high scale songs are not good.
dmuk20
Chintu-ji,

I am a kid to comment about Talat Mehmood as I have heard very little of him. But Archie-da's observation regarding his speciality has amazed me. His way of taking breath is so subtle that one can't understand where ACTUALLY he is taking breath. I have to explore him.

Another two tough songs (Obviously GURU) for me (bcz I also sing in bathroom biggrin.gif )

1. Jeevan se bhari teri ankhein
2. Mere Naina sawan bhado

Rgds,
Debu.
bawlachintu
QUOTE(dmuk20 @ Sep 6 2006, 09:30 AM) *

Chintu-ji,

I am a kid to comment about Talat Mehmood as I have heard very little of him. But Archie-da's observation regarding his speciality has amazed me. His way of taking breath is so subtle that one can't understand where ACTUALLY he is taking breath. I have to explore him.

Another two tough songs (Obviously GURU) for me (bcz I also sing in bathroom biggrin.gif )

1. Jeevan se bhari teri ankhein
2. Mere Naina sawan bhado

Rgds,
Debu.

Jeevan se bhari- slightly tough song
Antaras are difficult.

Mere naina-A classical-made tough on different aspect-based on raga

Few tough sung by Kishore are:
1) Koi hota jisko apna hum apna keh lete yaaron-Mere apne
2) Savere ka suraj tumhare liye hai-Ek baar muskura do

Can we compile a list!
dmuk20
Chintu-ji,

Few tough sung by Kishore are:
1) Koi hota jisko apna hum apna keh lete yaaron-Mere apne
2) Savere ka suraj tumhare liye hai-Ek baar muskura do

Koi hota is definitely tough...never tried savere ka suraj..."Ek Hans Ka Joda - Pyar se tum mile - asha-kishore" is another tough song. "Yeh Bhi Hakka, hakka bakka - JAALSAAZ" is again another tough one.

Can we compile a list!

Why not ??? Pahle aap.....

Rgds,
Debu
bawlachintu
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Sep 6 2006, 03:44 AM) *

BC Bhai

Thanks for understanding. Yes Mandrake is right. Today most songs are edited and hence are artificial. During the good old days, what you heard is what you got. True class.

Let alone the technolgy, even the recording rooms were not adequaltely sound proofed and singers had to sing songs in one go. Imagine someone like Rafisaab who has sung so many songs and that too with complete perfection without any technology. Talat, Mukkesh, Noorjehan, Lata and the Ustaad of all KL Saigal...what can one say about these gems too.

A song is not only about singing but its about playback singing. If it was only about singing, IMO all singers were equally good and even singers of today are good singers. However playback singing is a different ball game all together and hence songs like 'Dil Ke Jhaoke Mein' are milestones and singers like Rafisaab have become legends of legends.

Speaking of Talat Saab, he is a pioneer in low scale singing which is by no means easy. Infact according to experts it is relatively easier to sing at a high scale than at a low one. Mind you Rafisaab had this rare quality where in excelled in all types of range and scAles and had this unique ability to maintain the melody of the song even when sung at a high scale. Mahendra Kapoor has sung many songs at a high scale but they are relatively lower in melody which is normal when singing at that scale. Hence the unique ability of Rafisaab and also Noorjehan who was also eaceptional in singing melodios songs at a high scale.

Very true. Aajkal ke singer Harmonium ki patti se bahar bhagte nazar aate hain.

Coming back to Talat saab his songs like: Ana he Padgega, Andhe Jahan ke, Mian Dil Hoon Ek Aman Bhara, Mauzandara are all class songs that demontsrate his great skill in singing in a very controlled scales.

Yes. Few more like Ae dil mujhe aisi jagah le chal jahan koi na ho...........

Hemant dada is a singer of a similar class and his singing tempo is very close to that of Talat Saab. Mana dada excles in complex classiical compositios and his voice control is impeccable in these types of songs.

True about Manna Dey. A fact musicfans deny to accept usually.

Lata ji, IMO sings better in lower to medium scales not that her high scale songs are not good..

Very bold statement. It is true about Lataji. She sounded sweetest
at lower and middle scales. MDs unnecessarily exercised her vocal chords at times.
It is her trait-Na kam na jyada which makes her a great singer, unlike her contemporary
lady singer who failed to control vibrations of her voice despite of efforts made by
number of MDs. Puritans are aware of, about whom I am talking here wink2.gif
princeali
Great topic !

Talking about tough songs, some of the classical renditions by Manna Dey are hard to replicate. Manna may not have had very high vocal flexibility, but in his range he was a master at classical songs. His classical renditions are technically very good.

IMO the toughest songs to replicate are those of Rafi saab simply because he had a very wide vocal range. He could sing from low notes to high and still sound in sur and in complete control of the melody. Just an example, let's take the song Nav Kalpana Nav Roop Se from 'Mrig Trishna'. This is a classical song, in which Rafi shifts from low to high and combining it with a classical rendition. I think even a classical expert with all his training in sur, pitch etc. would not have been able to do justice to this song because of the vocal acrobatics. Classical music can help one in their renditions to a point, if you have a medium range it can slightly improve it, it well help you more on breath control than range, the rest has to be your natural voice. A classical singer may sing well within his range and show vocal acrobatics within those boundaries, but ask him to replicate any Rafi song and he will fail simply because he will not be able to reach those standards.

On the other hand, if one was to attempt a classical song, one would need training then only they could get the basics correct. Also, adding to this one would need a flexible voice in order to sing challenging renditions. A singer may be also be great in getting the technical aspects of classical singing down, but if their vocal range is not very great they will be restricted in vocal acrobatics. Rafi was later trained in classical music, and this combined with his range made it a deadly combination. I think if he had no classical training, he would still have been able to match classical singers in terms of vocal shifts because of his natural gift, but the training he received added to it. Manna Dey who was by far the most trained in classical music out of all our legendary singers made a comment that Rafi was better than him in classical music because he had this unique ability to make the songs sound so easy, when in reality they were very difficult.
suhana_safar
QUOTE(princeali @ Sep 7 2006, 07:39 AM) *

Great topic !

he had this unique ability to make the songs sound so easy, when in reality they were very difficult.

Keep it up Ali bhai..... a billion dollar statement.

Your insights and knowledge about singing and of Rafisaab is superb. Excellent post!!!!
extenok

Great topic and great discussion going on here. I have always been unable to resist singing the breathless & high-pitched songs. Its like a challenge to get it exactly the same as the singer. With the newer ones, the technically corrected & fixed songs, its not a big worry if you can't sing them, because the original singer probably also had help.

With the older songs of Rafi and even the low-scale songs of Talat sahab, its no walk in the park even after 10-15 years of trying to imitate singers, getting a little control over your voice. These songs can be attempted but don't be surprised if your version doesn't sound even remotely as appealing as the original.
Some amazing gems have been left behind for us to appreciate and enjoy by these singers ... breathless & tough.
Nimii
Imran good to see you back in action and on this thread! Thanks boss! I will get back soon. A bit busy on the homefront smile.gif
bawlachintu
QUOTE(extenok @ Sep 7 2006, 06:45 PM) *

Great topic and great discussion going on here. I have always been unable to resist singing the breathless & high-pitched songs. Its like a challenge to get it exactly the same as the singer. With the newer ones, the technically corrected & fixed songs, its not a big worry if you can't sing them, because the original singer probably also had help.

With the older songs of Rafi and even the low-scale songs of Talat sahab, its no walk in the park even after 10-15 years of trying to imitate singers, getting a little control over your voice. These songs can be attempted but don't be surprised if your version doesn't sound even remotely as appealing as the original.
Some amazing gems have been left behind for us to appreciate and enjoy by these singers ... breathless & tough.

rolleyes.gif
oye_sonu
QUOTE(princeali @ Sep 7 2006, 08:39 AM) *

Great topic !

Talking about tough songs, some of the classical renditions by Manna Dey are hard to replicate. Manna may not have had very high vocal flexibility, but in his range he was a master at classical songs. His classical renditions are technically very good.

Good and unique topic.

Sonu smile.gif
oye_sonu
QUOTE(Nimii @ Sep 4 2006, 11:15 PM) *

How do you know Mandrake wink.gif ? Recording ke waqt aap the kya ohmy.gif

Nimmi ji Mahadevan has himself admited in an interview that breathless singing was created one.

When questioned whther he sang whole osng in one take !......He replied( verbatim) " its not possible" !

I think channel MTV/ Etc/ B4muisc etc mein se ek tha.

Regards

Sonu
Chandrashekhar
I have just gone through this thread.The posts seem pro-male singers.

Please recollect Lataji's 'Hae jiya roe...A Hansraj bahel composition- par excellence.....Can anyone imagine, who would have sung it and made one feel heavenly-ecstatic! the way she has done it!!!!! A mastrepiece rendition indeed!
bawlachintu
QUOTE(Chandrashekhar @ Feb 10 2007, 05:44 PM) *

I have just gone through this thread.The posts seem pro-male singers.

Please recollect Lataji's 'Hae jiya roe...A Hansraj bahel composition- par excellence.....Can anyone imagine, who would have sung it and made one feel heavenly-ecstatic! the way she has done it!!!!! A mastrepiece rendition indeed!

We have yet to discuss female singers' output! ninja.gif
Chandrashekhar
Chintu- If it is so, pl start with the Lataji's number I have mentioned when commencing female singers' output,of course if u feel it to be deserving.........
myawan
And the most under-rated female singer having the great high pitch and range is SHAMSHAD BEGUM.....ofcourse he may not sound glamorous but considering the singing talent, he is among the top and in some songs I've found only her to come close to Rafi saab.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.